Above and Beyond DJ's Reviews

88 | Manassas, VA

88 Reviews for Above and Beyond DJ's

Above and Beyond DJ's 1
Above and Beyond DJ's 2

Greg was the first and only DJ we considered as he provided the music and Dj services at my brother's wedding and it was great. He put everything together flawlessly, and incorporated thoughtful and unique touches which I really appreciated. He was very flexible with our last minute location change due to rain and customized all of our special songs and even provided us with the recording for the entire night. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night which was awesome, people didn't even wait until later in the night like usual, everybody was social, full of energy and having a blast. He created a super celebratory atmosphere which even had my parents up and dancing to upbeat music, which was priceless as I have never seen them dance like that in my entire life! He also kept things flowing, directed attention to special parts of the reception, and kept a few of the rowdier guests from getting too crazy which was greatly appreciated. He even brought me and my hubby a glass of wine while waiting to take pictures, which was much needed and a definite plus. The perfect combo of class and fun, while also being very unique and flexible. The best and most fun night of my life by far!! :) You can't go wrong with Greg and he did a fantastic job yet again. Very, very happy!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Greg is the best! After speaking with him over the phone initially, I knew he was the one for us. He was open to questions and had great suggestions as well. Throughout the wedding process, he has been available at all times and very quick to respond back to emails as well as being reliable. During the day of the wedding, not only was Greg a wonderful DJ and MC, but he was very attentive to our needs and flexible to changes. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Greg was the first DJ we met with and my now-husband and I knew we wouldn't have to look any further. He was exactly what we were looking for and really stayed true to his name both in the planning process and day-of the wedding. I wasn't feel well for part of the ceremony and Greg came to check on me with tums and kept the party going while I had to step away for a while. He was so smooth with switching up plans last minute and just ran with whatever needed to happen. He did everything specific to how we wanted it- from a sports-announcer voice for the wedding party introductions, to creating a mash-up song for a father-daughter dance, to a last minute decision to add in a bouquet and garter toss. He was incredibly flexible and really made the reception about us and our guests instead of about him. Hands down one of the best wedding decisions we made :) He's so affordable, personable and professional. I would recommend him to anyone without any hesitation!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Greg was great! Everyone from our wedding can't stop talking about how awesome our DJ was. Although he works a 9-5 job, Greg is responsive and quick to respond to emails. He makes sure he has everything a week or so in advance so you don't have to worry about it in the craziness of the wedding. He was helpful in so many other aspects of the wedding....like rounding up the wedding party, pushing up the schedule....he was great. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Christine · Married on 03/15/2014

Greg literally went above and beyond as his company name implies. He kept me organized leading up to the wedding, was very responsive and easy to get in touch with and he kept the party going right until we had to leave the reception hall. Anytime he saw we were low on our drinks he would get get us another. I highly recommend using Greg. His years of experience helped in planning and showed through with his exceptional service. All of our family and friends commented how great and entertaining he was. We danced all night long!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Kira · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I could not have been happier with Greg as our DJ. He did everything we were expecting and more. Greg was very good about communicating with us both before and during the wedding. He made sure we didn't forget anything in preparation for our big day. I made some very last minute changes on the day of the wedding and Greg was able to work them into the ceremony and reception without a problem. He also came prepared with band-aids and other things that came in handy. Greg did a perfect job with keeping the reception events flowing nicely and letting the guests know what was going on. He also did not make the night his own "show" as I have seen some DJs do. I could go on and on about how wonderful he was! My husband and I definitely recommend him!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kira

THANK YOU for the kind words. You wedding was great and I am glad I was there and help make it special for you!!!!!!!

Jan · Married on 10/05/2013

Greg was a fantastic DJ! He listened to us and made sure that all the music we wanted to make our wedding special was played. For our first dance, we wanted to use a song that we could only find a live recording of, and he was able to remove enough of the background noise that you couldn't even tell it was from a live recording. I had also requested several songs that I wanted to be played at the reception, which he fit in at appropriate times. He was very organized and able to switch songs quickly when we needed to change the timing of certain dances.
    He also provided the music for the ceremony, and did a great job on the transitions between songs to fit the timing of the entries of our parents, ringbearers and me(the bride).
    On top of making sure the music was perfect, he also frequently checked in with us to ask if we needed drinks, food, or really anything, which we really appreciated.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Above and Beyond DJ's's reply:

Thanks Jan for the nice words. Your wedding was a blast and you and Greg were outstanding as well. Thanks again

Working with Greg was a great experience from the start. He worked with us on our budget, set up face to face meetings, and outlined every step of the planning process for us. He was a wedding planner and DJ all in one!

On the BIG day, my fiance (now husband) and I were of course, slightly overwhelmed. From the moment we arrived at the reception, Greg was waiting with a drink and food for each of us, giving us a moment to get some energy and prepare to enter as husband and wife! The reception went off without a hitch. Greg was focused on my husband and I the entire time, while also giving our guests room to make requests. He was friendly, professional, and attentive. If I have another party for 150 people, Greg will definitely be my DJ!!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Grace

Thank you for since nice words. You wedding was a blast and I am glad you had a great time.
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 08/31/2013

Greg was great! He was our DJ at our wedding recently. He had all the songs ready from the beginning to the end. Even at the last minute, he confirmed with me that the song for walking down the aisle was the correct one. He even took care of us with drinks during picture time. As a DJ, he had our guests dancing all night long. I highly recommend Greg as a DJ.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Maraina · Married on 08/24/2013

Greg was amazing!!! Not only was he a great DJ who created a very fun atmosphere for our guests, but he also was our coordinator's right-hand man and was there to provide us with tissues, drinks, and anything else we ever needed.

Definitely recommend him for your wedding day and you can guarantee you will have a great time and not have to worry about anything!

Sent on 08/26/2013
  • James & Carol

Jimmy · Married on 07/27/2013

Greg is a great DJ! All my guests were talking about the music the next day and I even had someone say it was the best wedding DJ they'd ever heard. We had people up and dancing all night long. When I was looking for a DJ I really didn't want someone who makes it all about them and is constantly on the microphone making cheesy comments. Greg is the total opposite of that. He makes it all about the bride and groom and just wants everyone to have a good time! He even thinks of little things like bringing us drinks during the cocktail hour since we were busy taking photos. I can't say enough good things about our experience with him. If you book him for your wedding your guests will have an amazing time!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Greg was GREAT! He catered to our every need and then some. When he says he is your slave for the day, he isn't kidding! While we were getting our photos done, he was in the background with drinks in hand whenever my husband and I needed a drink. He was also great dealing with those who drank a little too much and made unusual requests. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Evan · Married on 06/25/2013

I hate to repeat what has already been said about Greg, but “above and beyond” was EXACTLY what he delivered. We didn’t have a traditional wedding, rather we eloped in California. Before our elopement we held a ‘send-off’ party for about 100 of our friends at a local restaurant and Greg was our DJ for the evening. From the moment we met him at Burger King, we were put at ease. He has a very laid-back personality, while also being very enthusiastic about DJ-ing. You can tell he loves what he does and has actually spent time in his early years crashing weddings to study how to be the perfect DJ! It definitely showed, because we have ZERO complaints about his service.

In addition to being a fantastic, thoughtful, well-organized DJ, he was just simply great to have around. He made sure that we were well hydrated (with water and/or wine) during the whole evening and even brought us appetizers while we mingled with guests. He was very responsive during the planning process and was happy to accommodate exactly the types of songs we wanted to hear, along with mixing in some after reading the crowd. I do want to mention that anyone thinking about having a friend DJ with an iPod, should seriously consider hiring a professional. The DJ is very important for controlling the flow of the evening and coordinating certain parts of the timeline and we would’ve been lost without Greg!

I wish I had another reason to hire him, because he was that great! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Erin · Married on 05/26/2013

Greg was amazing! He was recommended to us by a cousin of ours and it was the best recommendation I could have asked for. For starters, while my new husband and I were doing photos Greg, who had taken our drink orders ahead of time, was right there as soon as we got to the reception site with drinks in hand! That is definitely above and beyond what you expect the DJ to do. After that, he kept us calm and comfortable all night even as far as fetching bridesmaids for me when I needed something from my bag. He also did a phenomenal job at keeping the dance floor active and running the evenings festivities. I don't think ANYONE was ever wondering what was going on. Definitely hire Above and Beyond because, just as the name says, they go Above and Beyond!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Janeen · Married on 05/03/2013

My husband and I really enjoyed Greg the moment we met him in a local Starbucks! He was very accommodating from the initial meeting all through the planning.

He arrived very early to set up and was always making sure that we were okay and asked if we needed anything. He sent out servers during cocktail hour with appetizers and made sure that we got something to drink during picture taking. He also made my plate for me and made sure that I actually ate!

He did a very nice job with the music-softer music during dinner and then he really picked it up and kept the dance floor going the remainder of the evening! He was excellent at reading the crowd.

Just like I told him at the end of the night..he does go "Above and Beyond"- great value, great guy..I will make sure to recommend him to friends! You won't be disappointed with Greg!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Shannon · Married on 04/06/2013

Greg was a phenomenal asset at our wedding. He not only fulfilled his role as DJ with flying colors, but he worked flawlessly with our event staff to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. Did I mention that he also made sure we each had our specialty drinks all night long? He's unbelievable! Everyone at our event was impressed with him -- our reception venue staff said that he's the best DJ they've ever seen, and quickly snagged his contact information for future bridal recommendations.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Do yourself a favor--hire Greg!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Jennie · Married on 12/30/2012

Greg from Above and Beyond DJ is the best DJ/coordinator/bartender/MC that any bride and groom could ask for! He is extremely organized, professional, prompt and responsive during the entire planning and wedding day. Our wedding was a destination in Orlando, FL (Gaylord Palms and Disney's Coronado Springs Rix Lounge), and Greg scouted the area to make sure he could provide us the very best service. All of our guests had a blast at the wedding reception thanks to Greg, who kept the dance floor alive and the drinks flowing. There is a reason why this company is named Above and Beyond DJ's, the service is exceptionally above and beyond!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Adam · Married on 11/10/2012

Like most couples for their reception, my wife and I wanted to provide amazing music for our guests so everyone could have a good time. We found Greg through wedding wire, and like ALL of his other reviews, he amazed us with his responsiveness, professionalism, and overall awesome DJ skills!

From our initial meeting with Greg, he was very easy to talk to and listened to our ideas at the time. He provided really great feedback based on his experience, giving us more information to go by. He also provided a good chunk of his songs to choose from, which we thought was really nice. It was an easy choice for us based on this initial meeting and his price was very competitive to other vendors in the D.C. area!

As we got closer to our wedding, I ran some ideas by him and made sure every detail was in order. Greg made EVERY one of them work out great during the reception. He incorporated our must play list to a tee, adding them in throughout the night and not just in one part. Another great addition for instance: we had been to three other weddings this year and asked Greg to dedicate their first dance wedding songs to them during our reception. He made a mix that sounded great and all the couples were really appreciative.

As others have said on this site, Greg made sure we had a drink in our hands the whole night and was quick to jump to a song when we had a request. He made sure the dance floor stayed packed by switching songs that didn't grab many people. His sound system was perfect all night during dinner (not too loud), but then was THE perfect volume when we wanted to party!

Overall, your choice should be simple. Greg Haynes will make your reception all that it should be! For the price, you really can't find a better person to be in your corner to provide your guests with a wonderful experience. I know our guests couldn't say enough about how much fun they had, and I have Greg to thank for that!

Sent on 12/09/2012

Mindy · Married on 10/07/2012

My husband and I were extremely happy with Greg and his DJ skills. All the other reviews were spot on. His #1 priority was ensuring that we were having a great time. He made sure we always had a drink in our hand and smile on our face.

His instincts for playing the right songs to keep people dancing were great. We had a small wedding and it got off to a slow start but thanks to Greg he was able to get our guests out on the dance floor. He makes sure to play songs that both young and old will enjoy so no guests feel out of place.

We found him to be extremely personable and easy to work with. From the first meeting we were impressed with his organization and professionalism. His passion for what he does is evident from the first meeting to the last song. He really does to all out to make sure you have a wonderful time and are enjoying the moment. We cannot say enough nice about the wonderful job he did at our wedding and about him.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Greg is the best! Not only was he a fantastic DJ and master of ceremonies, but he was indispensable at our wedding - getting my husband and I drinks, grabbing a golf cart so we could squeeze in a few more photos before the weather turned, finding my purse for me, and even bustling my train when no one else could figure it out. He was also very organized, responsive, and accommodating while we were planning the day and music. My husband and I loved Greg and highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/28/2012

We chose Greg based on a recommendation from my brother, who had used him a few years ago, and we are so glad that we did. Greg went beyond the call of duty and helped with planning the flow of the reception, made sure we always had drinks and even held our jackets during picture taking. He was receptive to music suggestions, but his song selection made for a fun and energetic dance floor. We would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Greg from Above and Beyond DJs provided the entertainment from our wedding and we could not possibly have been happier. Greg did so much more than just play music. He helped us put together our timeline for the reception, coordinated our bridal party's procession during our ceremony, and even set up uplighting for us. Above and Beyond is certainly an appropriate name -- Greg went above and beyond the call of duty, and we will recommend him to anyone we know who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Greg was great. My husband and I were really slow about getting him our song lists, etc., but Greg had no problem getting everything ready by the big day. He really is much more than a DJ. Besides playing the music, he made sure the wedding party had drinks, cued them when to walk during the ceremony, and let us know when we were on/ off our planned schedule, without being pushy. Knowing Greg was on top of everything really took a load off my mom and me. I would definitely recommend Greg.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Matt · Married on 06/22/2012

Greg was absolutely phenomenal. Not only was he a great DJ, but he also took great care in making sure every part of our wedding went perfect. He kept the order of events in line over the course of the night, while also making personally sure that my wife and I always had our favorite drink in hand.

As a DJ, he was perfect. He didn't attempt to be the star of the show, just sat back and played great music all night. Do yourself a favor and hire Greg!

Sent on 07/07/2012