Abernathy Entertainment Reviews

Abernathy Entertainment 6
Abernathy Entertainment 7
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 10/19/2019

Great and quick to respond!

Tina has been very helpful and quick to respond. I can't wait to work with her the day of my wedding. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Laura Peavler · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful people who did an amazing job!!!!

They did a fabulous job from organization to execution!! Everyone had such a good time!! I was never worried about anything, I knew I could trust them to make it great and it definitely was!!! They are sooo fun to work with and I’m so glad they were there to celebrate with us!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Desmond

Desmond Brown · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredibly thorough and fun!

Tina and Melinda were both amazingly detailed in their assessment of what music my wife and I wanted, along with when and where we were wanted certain songs played. Because of their experience, they were able to offer constructive feedback with the few questions we did have, and updated us every step of the way leading up to our wedding. The Abernathy DJ's kept our crowd engaged for over 5 hours, but never for a moment did we feel like the day wasn't about us!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Abernathy Entertainment 14
    Abernathy Entertainment 15

Deanna · Married on 07/13/2019

Excellent DJ!!

Great to work with and very organized!! Wouldn’t have a clue of how our reception would play out without their help!! Perfect mix of music. Soft music during dinner and fun, party music to get everyone up and moving. My husband and I should have added more line dances, that seemed to have gotten everyone moving more, but that was our fault not the DJs when it came to the planning. Otherwise, excellent DJs, definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Leah

Leah Funderburg · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding DJ

Where do I even start?!? This group of professionals is AMAZING! From the two scheduled meetings in person to constant clear communication over emails - these ladies are 5 stars. My favorite part is that they take the time to create a personalized timeline to send to you, for a piece of mind that your day will go great! With no prior experience of playing at my wedding venue, they came and set up without a problem! I am so glad that I hired Abernathy Entertainment. These ladies are the best in Tallahassee! Thank you so much again!!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rebekah · Married on 06/08/2019

Calm amongst the planning storm

They were nothing short of amazing! Their enthusiasm and warmth was invaluable and made a stressful day pretty freaking awesome. They always responded to emails quickly and made the overall planning process so much easier. We had multiple people compliment us on the music and the playlist. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Stacey Earley · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolute professionals that pay attention to the details.

Tina, Melinda and Rose were so responsive from our first initial contact until the end of our wedding. This was so important as we planned our wedding in 5 weeks. They were so organized and guided us throughout the process to make our day a success. They were very personable and made sure we had special moments during our reception. Highly recommend Abernathy Entertainment!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Leigh · Married on 04/20/2019

Super fun, organized and detail-oriented

Abernathy DJ came through for me when we planned a wedding in just a few weeks! They were so helpful and made sure they knew exactly what we wanted...well worth the money!!! I am so happy they were a part of our special day.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Taylor · Married on 04/06/2019

My wedding day!

My wedding was absolutely amazing! It was everything a girl could ever dream of. Tina & Melinda made sure I was completely okay with every decision and step we took! I am a very indecisive person but the crew came to the rescue with songs and playlist that fit perfectly! They are very understanding and professional with personalities that could put any bride as ease when it comes to getting people on their feet dancing! I absolutely LOVED them! When the elderly started to leave and we had to shift the schedule around with the music they made it happen with such ease! If you are looking for a DJ group that actually listens to you and makes everything so easy I would hands down pick them!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/16/2019

Best djs ever!

I cannot say enough good things about the Abernathy DJs! Not only was the dance floor full for the entire evening, but the organization and MC services from Abernathy kept things flowing smoothly even when we had to change our outdoor ceremony plan last minute because it started raining!
    Our guests were coming up to us before the wedding was even over and commenting on how much they were enjoying the music-and they haven't stopped talking it either!
    Not only did the lady DJs at Abernathy keep our guests happy, they took our requests and carefully curated a set list that was truly a reflection of US. My husband and I got to hear our favorites from Beyonce to Led Zeppelin and we can honestly say that the music at our wedding was PERFECT. Seriously, they even got my hubby out on the dance floor and he is not a dancer at all!
    We 10/10 recommend Abernathy for any wedding or event!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Eric Parks · Married on 03/09/2019

Well Worth It

My wife and I loved working with Melinda and Tina! They were fantastic in every way. They met with us in person to discuss all of the details of the reception and even provided suggestions of their own to help us fill the time that we allotted for it. Without them, our reception would not have nearly been as great as it was. When we weren't meeting in person, they kept up good communication with us, providing us a worksheet that helped us plan and detail every aspect of the reception.

One thing in particular I'd like to mention is their flexibility. Before we decided to hire a professional DJ, we had enlisted the services of another vendor to pre-record our wedding party entrance. When we told Abernathy about this, they were perfectly accommodating and willing to use the pre-recording from this other vendor.

They are well worth using and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 03/22/2019
    Abernathy Entertainment 16

Ted Akin · Married on 02/23/2019

Highly recommended!

Excellent communication and willingness to work with all our little schedule adjustments, lively MC, overall a wonderful experience!

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy Williams · Married on 02/16/2019

Organized and professional

Abernathy Entertainment provides exceptional service for a great value. Upon the first meeting with Tina and Melinda I knew this was the right fit. They take the time to get to know your musical likes/dislikes so that your wedding day is perfect. Tina is exceptionally organized and promptly sent out a detailed timeline that was used by all of the other vendors.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Jordan T · Married on 02/09/2019

The Lady DJs are the best!

Abernathy was so wonderful to work with! From our first meeting, the whole process was fun and easy and organized. Tina was great about incorporating our favorite music and providing the perfect soundtrack to every part of the day. She helped us so much with figuring out our day-of schedule and working with our other vendors to make sure the whole event was smooth. The music was one of the most important components of our wedding day for us, and the Lady DJs were so organized and nice and fun! They helped create some of our favorite memories of the day! The best!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Maggie · Married on 01/18/2019

A Great Time!

We enjoyed our reception so much! The music was perfect at every point during the night. We were both pleasantly surprised by the song selection. It felt tailored to us and our guests. At the end of the night, our guests were chanting, “One more song!”

Sent on 08/30/2019
    Abernathy Entertainment 17
  • Sage

Sage · Married on 01/12/2019

Absolutely Perfect Fit

At first I was hesitant to hire a DJ for my small, relaxed wedding. I wanted an easy-going vibe that focused more on socializing than dancing, but Tina and Melinda crafted the perfect atmosphere for what I wanted and were also really helpful for keeping the ceremony and reception flowing smoothly. I'd definitely recommend them.

Sent on 01/24/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 11/11/2018

Fun, professional, knows their music and audience!

The lady DJs are an absolute blast to work with, but also so professional! I definitely recommend them! Our wedding was so much fun and they were a huge part of that!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • William

William Thomas · Married on 11/03/2018

#1 Hands Down

Abernathy Ent. was phenomenal. They are so personable, courteous and knowledgeable with almost all genres of music. If you're looking for an experience that hits every mark, they're a great choice.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Cachet · Married on 11/03/2018

Best DJ experience

Abernathy Entertainment was one of the best parts of my wedding. The attention to detail and complexity of the process is what made it for me. The right music can make or break a wedding and having that understanding between you and the DJ is VERY important. Thank you Abernathy Entertainment for help making my wedding AMAZING!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Kaitie · Married on 11/01/2018

Outstanding!!

They are amazing!! They go above and beyond to make your special night fawlless

Sent on 12/01/2018

Tannyr · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent service, price, and flexibility

Abernathy Entertainment did an amazing job with my wedding and were very helpful in the months leading up to it. I was away from the state for work, and they worked with me over the phone and through emails to set up my wedding day planner, music preferences, and song choices. For activities and details I was not sure about, they provided me with detailed descriptions and options and provided suggestions. They really helped me structure our day with activities I didn’t even think about. Not to mention, Tina visited the venue ahead of time to ensure where equipment should be set up and which equipment would be best. The day of they made sure to keep us on schedule and were flexible with any last minute changes needed. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. They were a pure pleasure to have for our wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Keasi Smith · Married on 10/05/2018

Best decision ever

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Abernathy as our wedding entertainment. From the very beginning their professionalism and attention to detail put me at ease. Tina and Mel were also so fun to work with and constantly reminded us that our only job was to have a great time and leave the work to them. They had everything planned out by the minute and things went SO smooth on the day of. The music was on point!!! We are still getting compliments on the music. Would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Maritza · Married on 09/29/2018

Great Service!

We loved Abernathy. Tina and her crew are so professional and they plan everything to a T. My husband and I loved their energy and ability to adapt to our needs. They were able to accommodate our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Abernathy is who we have been telling our friends who are engaged to book with because our experience was so excellent. We hope to see them again at future events!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jason · Married on 06/30/2018

We were extremely pleased with our overall experience with Abernathy Entertainment. They were awesome with the pre-planning of the ceremony and left nothing left to chance. During the day of the event, despite what looked like inclement weather, they had everything in place in two different locations and worked with the crowd to ensure the vibe was always on point. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anybody looking for a well put together event.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Sandra · Married on 06/02/2018

If you are looking for a DJ company to lead the flow of the evening and make your reception personal, this is your DJ. From the preplanning meeting to the end of the reception, the DJ's provided only the best personalized service. The compliments are still coming from friends and family. One of our older family members, who is nervous about crowds, stated she loved how the "ladies with the microphones" kept everyone informed of what was happening throughout the evening.

The personal attention shown to my daughter and son-in-law was priceless! The professional services were tailor-made to meet the personality and interests of the couple. Super Value!!!! Pictures to come!

Sent on 06/05/2018