Abernathy Entertainment Reviews

67 | Tallahassee, FL

67 Reviews for Abernathy Entertainment

• Taylor

Taylor Bollenberg · Married on 10/24/2020

The dance floor was full!!

Tina and her team are absolutely amazing! They had multiple meetings with us to ensure that the day was filled with music we wanted and they made sure to play all the songs we specifically requested. They brought the life of the party with their personalities and music choices! Our families and friends aren't really dancers so it was quite a surprise to see the dance floor full!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Candice

Candice Wilds · Married on 10/10/2020

The Very Best!!

The ¨lady DJs¨ did not disappoint. My experience with Abernathy Entertainment was wonderful. They are professional, organized, responsive, flexible, and so much fun!! We originally booked Abernathy Entertainment to provide DJ services for our wedding reception. They met with us via Zoom to plan our reception timeline and go over our music choices with us so that we knew exactly what to expect. This was such a blessing!! A few days before our wedding, we changed our ceremony venue and asked Tina (the owner) if they could provide our ceremony music in addition to our reception. She responded quickly and we were able to quickly plan and add in our ceremony music at the very last minute. These ladies were the best!! Their level of professionalism, preparedness, and organization went above and beyond anything that I had expected. If you are looking for a DJ for any event, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Abernathy Entertainment. Our DJs Tina and Miranda were amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Jessica Browning · Married on 09/20/2020

Would recommend and use again!

I’m so so happy we chose Abernathy to DJ our wedding! They played every song we liked and didn’t play the ones we didn’t! They were super easy to communicate with and they were SO sweet the whole time. I threw something on them last second and they didn’t hesitate to make sure it happened. Everyone said what a fun energetic group of DJs we had. Highly recommend, also very affordable!

Sent on 09/30/2020

Nicole Desherlia · Married on 09/19/2020

09.19.2020

We absolutely loved Abernathy! They were so so helpful with everything! They spend all the time you need to make sure all your details are perfect. Our guests really enjoyed being able to request songs, and that they had such a wide variety of options. Highly, highly recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Laura

Laura Abbott · Married on 09/06/2020

Fun team for your wedding!

Tina and Melinda and the other Abernathy team members are simply wonderful! They took our suggestions and blended the music to have a wonderful soundtrack for our day! They covered all the details and were super fun to work with. Highly recommend for your event!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Shanika

Shanika · Married on 07/11/2020

One Stop DJ Shop

Melinda and Tina made our special day so much fun! We were originally going to have our wedding in the Caribbean for carnival, but we were unable to do so because of Covid. Melinda and Tina brought carnival to us! When we had our first meeting with them, we expressed that we wanted a reggae/soca/dancehall type feel. Abernathy Ent. went above and beyond to make that happen by not only playing our playlist, but doing their own homework and reaching outside of their norm to provide us with a wonderful experience and authentic music. We highly recommend them for your special day or party. They were easy to work with, and accommodated our every request. We will definitely use them again for any big party plans in the future!

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Chapman · Married on 03/14/2020

Abernathy was a perfect hire!

We are so happy that we hired Abernathy Entertainment! They were so friendly and easy to work with. Our ceremony music was flawless as they took time to cue it up just perfectly and our reception was so much fun! I recommend hiring Abernathy Entertainment if you are looking for a memorable experience. Thank you for making our wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Brittany Beall · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing DJ

Abernathy Entertainment went above and beyond by creating a mix for my father-daughter dance. They did an amazing job mixing together our favorite songs for us to dance to and surprise our guests! Tina is so nice and she put so much time and effort into our day!

Sent on 04/08/2020

Meredith Varela · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Entertainment

I am so grateful I chose Abernathy for my entertainment. They were professional and made my wedding so enjoyable for myself and my guests. Everything went seamlessly and I know that took a lot of work. Between the games, announcements, and music I was so impressed with how well everything went and how organized they were. Thanks again Abernathy!!!

Sent on 04/12/2020

Sarah Hall · Married on 02/29/2020

Best Night Ever!

Abernathy Entertainment was everything we wished for & more! Great Music & Hosts! Very affordable and accommodating. Couldn’t ask for better dj’s. Thanks for making our night so special!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Nicole Curry-Hall · Married on 02/29/2020

AMAZING lady DJs! Highly recommend

Abernathy entertainment made our DJ dreams come true! After a one hour phone consult and they had our entire reception mapped out. When the day came, they made every moment of our DJ experience flow with ease, every guest of all age groups were on the floor ready to boogie! The energy was on point- and song choices were “US”. They made last minute announcements when needed- and took requests that made the guests keep dancing! Thank you Abernathy Entertainment for making our evening a one to remember. You exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany Bernstein · Married on 02/12/2020

Fun, stress free and good music!

The ladies of Abernathy Entertainment are amazing! They were so flexible on meeting with us to discuss our wedding. They were open to what we wanted and didn't even blink at our first dance song. They asked what we wanted and provided suggestions when we asked. They were upbeat, friendly, fun, engaging for the crowd and us and had really great music. Their process is simple and stress free. Even as things changed day of, they adapted and went with it and always had the perfect song ready to go.

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Anna

Anna Brill · Married on 12/21/2019

Peace of mind

Abernathy Entertainment was our Dj for my wedding 12-21-19. As soon as I contacted them, they were professional, easy to speak with and overall gave me a huge peace of mind. For me, wedding planning was not something I enjoyed but Tina and the whole Abernathy team made things very easy and fun for me.
    They provide you with a wedding timeline outline that you can use to help you figure out what type of music to play when and helps to guide you through your entire (musical) ceremony and rehearsal without feeling like you forgot something or didn’t “get it right.”. After filling this out you have either an in person or over the phone chat with Abernathy and go over this timeline to get even deeper into what your vision is. I was so relieved to have felt at ease during this process.
    The day of our wedding, Abernathy was set up and ready to go at the exact time they said they would be and were so friendly to everyone helping us that day. They were strategic in where they placed the table during the ceremony (out of the way of guests and photos) so they could monitor the microphones we had with us and made a smooth transition into the reception. The reception had multiple introductions which they perfectly timed and always made sure I was aware when things were happening without interrupting.
    From begging to end, Abernathy Entertainment made this experience so easy and fun. I really enjoyed having them as a part of our wedding and would absolutely recommend them! Thank you Tina and the Abernathy team!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Audrey Lunskis · Married on 12/07/2019

A pleasure to work with!

We hired Tina to DJ and MC our wedding. Not only was she very flexible in meeting with us to discuss preferences and coming to view the ceremony site, she was very professional and personable. She made a lot of great suggestions and went the extra mile to find exactly what we wanted. Our wedding party included some foreign names, and Tina worked hard to pronounce everything correctly! It was fantastic to work with her. She helped make our wedding incredible.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah and Trenton Jones · Married on 11/23/2019

Abernathy made our bid day spectacular!

Tina and Melinda were a blast to work with and they really work to make the DJ experience of planning and celebrating our wedding really smooth. Tina and Melinda really know the wedding business, and they wont disappoint! They played amazing songs for us and gave the wedding a fun, relaxed feeling! Everyone had a blast, thank you Abernathy!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/10/2019

Abernathy helped make our wedding day perfect!

We hired Abernathy for both our ceremony and reception. We had a great experience working with Tina and Melinda! Communication was timely. The attention they give to detail is phenomenal. Their services were reasonably priced and worth every penny. We are so glad we chose Abernathy for our special day. I highly recommend Abernathy Entertainment!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Kyle · Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect Wedding

They did such a great job and our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Erin Lofy · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing!

I can’t think of anything these dj’s could have done differently to make the planning or day better. They are so organized and detail oriented. All of the music was wonderful and we had so much fun!!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Shannan Wood · Married on 11/02/2019

Can't Recommend Them Enough

AMAZING! If you want an organized and efficient entertainment company for your big day then pick Abernathy! From planning to execution everything was made so much easier by Tina and her company. We used them for the ceremony and reception and everything went perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 10/19/2019

Great and quick to respond!

Tina has been very helpful and quick to respond. I can't wait to work with her the day of my wedding. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Mandy Martin · Married on 10/18/2019

Great communication and service

In our planning process, Tina and her team were responsive and super helpful with guidance and suggestions. On our wedding day, they were prompt, thoughtful, and professional. We had a tropical storm move in unexpectedly and only had one day notice to make back up plans. On the wedding day, Tina and Melinda were flexible as we moved and adjusted events (first dance, cake cutting) to consolidate our evening so that guests could get home to prepare for the storm without missing important parts of the day. Communication throughout was excellent, and that's super important when you're trusting someone with the entire tone and energy of your big day!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Cailin

Cailin Thomas · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding DJ

These ladies are awesome. They really had a huge part in making our wedding day so perfect. Definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Laura Peavler · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful people who did an amazing job!!!!

They did a fabulous job from organization to execution!! Everyone had such a good time!! I was never worried about anything, I knew I could trust them to make it great and it definitely was!!! They are sooo fun to work with and I’m so glad they were there to celebrate with us!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Desmond

Desmond Brown · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredibly thorough and fun!

Tina and Melinda were both amazingly detailed in their assessment of what music my wife and I wanted, along with when and where we were wanted certain songs played. Because of their experience, they were able to offer constructive feedback with the few questions we did have, and updated us every step of the way leading up to our wedding. The Abernathy DJ's kept our crowd engaged for over 5 hours, but never for a moment did we feel like the day wasn't about us!

Sent on 08/12/2019