Abacus Studios Photography and Video Reviews

228 | South Plainfield, NJ

228 Reviews for Abacus Studios Photography and Video

Bianca · Married on 09/28/2013

Abacus Wedding Studios are absolutely wonderful! I had been on a search, looking for a suitable photography and only one month before my wedding, I found Abacus. From the first time I contacted them, I knew that it would be a perfect fit! Their pricing was very reasonable, for the excellent services that they provided. Michelle (my photographer for the day) was amazing; she was so versatile and creative, that we didn't need to give her any direction!

If you are looking for an excellent photography company, I HIGHLY recommend Abacus Wedding Studios!

Sent on 10/25/2013
  • User3602051 · 2+ years ago

AMAZING!!!!! Alex helped us work out a photo/video package within out budget! Very friendly and helpful! Damian was AWESOME! Answered all my questions before the wedding in a timely manner via telephone! Michelle was so sweet, easy to work with, enthusiastic, flexible, awesome pictures! Proofs came back quickly! Working with Gabe today to go over our proofs! Great prices, great service. Highly recommend!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/20/2013

I can't say enough good things about Michele. It was almost like another bridesmaid who just happened to be taking all the pictures. Wonderful person. Damien was our videographer and he was also very good and non intrusive with the camera. Can't go wrong with hiring this duo.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Abacus did an exceptional job on our wedding day! We first met with Alex, who worked closely with us to help us choose the right package for us! We absolutely loved the work that Michelle and Damien did! They did an amazing job of going beyond our expectations. Michelle was such a kind and professional photographer. She took excellent photographs and made a point to try to get the type of pictures we were looking for. The love that she has for photography and weddings really shines in her work! Michelle seemed like she part of our bridal party, everyone really enjoyed having her be a part of our day. Damien did a great job of getting a video of our day. Through out the day, he did not ever get in our way. It almost seemed like he was not there, yet he captured everything. We also used their photo booth, which really helped capture some funny moments. All the guests really enjoyed it! I truly recommend Abacus for anyone who is looking for a company to take amazing pictures and video! It was an overall great experience!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Monica · event on: 06/16/2013

Once again Abacus did a wonderful job. This is my 4th time using them and I am always so pleased with their work. Michelle is simply wonderful! She has practically become a member of our family. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Tina · Married on 05/11/2013

We had Damien for our videographer at our wedding. He was amazing!!! So professional, helpful, friendly and was always in the perfect place! He worked so well with our photographers (they didn't know each other) and made an awesome team. He was on time, and ready to go with a smile on his face too! We can not say enough wonderful things about working with ABACUS, and having Damien as our shooter was so great! We can't wait to get our video, we are beyond excited! We know he will do a great job editing and have no doubt he got everything! Thank you!!!
    Tina and Dan
    5-11-13

Sent on 05/15/2013

Alison · Married on 05/11/2013

Choosing a photographer for your wedding is one of the hardest things to do. Ultimately we met with Alex at Abacus studios. He was down to earth, polite, and easy to talk to. He didn't push us and said if we were interested in their services to give him a call. Well we called a few hours later and booked with them and couldn't be happier! Michelle was our photographer for the day, and she was amazing! I can not even begin to count the number of times she fluffed the train on my dress for me! Everyone in our wedding party was extremely impressed with her professionalism, attitude and fast pace! Michelle worked with all my ideas and was sure to get all the shoots I wanted. Our pictures turned out beautifully. Our proofs were ready when we got home from our honeymoon and the final photos look amazing.
    Thanks Abacus studios for capturing our wedding day pefectly!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Lynn · Married on 05/04/2013

We used Abacus Wedding Studios on our big day and they were wonderful. Our photographer Michelle captured the entire day. Her photos were creative and she managed to capture every important moment of our wedding. By the end of our wedding, it felt like Michelle was a part of our family. In addition to our wedding, Michelle did our engagement photo shoot and those photos were also great.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Millie · Married on 04/06/2013

We would strongly recommend Abacus. They are very professional and great service - the are simply THE Best! Thank you Michelle for your support and help, you made us feel as if you were part of our family. The photos are awesome :0) ! Great memories that will stay in our life for ever. May GOD bless you.

Best Regards,
    Max & Mille de Dios
    4-6-2013.

Sent on 04/10/2013

D · Married on 02/16/2013

I used Abacsu for my wedding in Feb. 2013. I had Juan Carlo and Michelle as my photographers and John O. as my videographer. They were all great. Great to work with, not in your face and we got a great price. Best studio out of the ones we visited. The pictures came out amazing, especially the ones taken at Monmouth University. Thank you Abacus.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Kara · Married on 02/16/2013

I used Abacus for my Wedding in February 2013. I initially met with Alex and he was great. He explained all of the packages and was able to build a package which fit our budget and what we wanted. Our photographers were Juan Carlos and Michelle, who were both WONDERFUL and took AMAZING photos, I can’t stop looking at them! Our videographer was John and he was also great, we didn't even know he was there and he got some fantastic footage. I would definitely recommend Abacus, they were so easy to work with throughout the entire process and we are excited to work on our album.

Sent on 03/26/2013

It's so hard being a bride and not knowing where to look for vendors so through other people's reviews is how we found Abacus Wedding Studio. From the moment I contacted Alex via email I received a quick reply which was a positive for me. My husband and I went to the studio to meet with him and he made us feel welcomed from the second we stepped through the door. He was willing to work with us for the budget we had set for our photographer. He even put current promotions within our contract that allowed us to use them in the future if we decided to do so.
    We had chosen Michelle as our photographer because we had read so many positive reviews about her. Pick Michelle! You can't go wrong with her! From the second Michelle rang the doorbell on our wedding day she set my nerves at ease. It felt like I had known her my whole life. My husband's godson who is 2... She had him laughing and smiling in the pictures to the point where he didn't want to stop taking them!
    Our pictures came out AMAZING!!! We have some hanging in our house already! It's so hard narrowing them down for our album because they are all so beautiful.
    We highly recommend Abacus! You are put first from the second you walk through that door until the end of your wedding night. We can't wait to work on our album with them now!
    Many thanks. Xavier and Kimberly

Sent on 12/21/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2012

I would HIGHLY recommend Abacus for your wedding photography and videography. Michelle was our photographer and Damien was our videographer. They both were incredible. We just got our proofs back and we cannot believe how amazing the pictures turned out. Not to mention, Michelle did not miss a single moment. She literally got everything on camera. She has an incredible personality and I got compliments the day of the wedding as to how sweet she was and how great her and Damien were. Working with Abacus was an amazing experience all around...from our initial consultation in the office with Alex , who is also great, to the day of the wedding. Everything was perfect with Abacus and I will make sure I let everyone know how great they are because they deserve the recognition, they are truly the best and we are so happy we chose them for our wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Michelle was our photographer and she was amazing! By the end of the day we felt as if Michelle was a part of the family and it was great! I could not have been happier with her and how everything turned out! I would recommend Abacus and Michelle in a heartbeat! I cannot wait to see the pictures because I know she took a lot of really amazing shots!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Christina · Married on 08/26/2012

Michelle and Damien were beyond amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they met our expectations and beyond. I will definetly consider booking them again without hesitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Daphne · Married on 08/25/2012

Every person that I spoke to from Abacus Studios was incredibly sweet. They have so much enthusiasm for what they do! From my first visit to the studio to the end of my wedding day they made every contact with them a great experience. Thank you Alex & Kevin!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2012

Michelle was awesome! She got the best pictures of our wedding! She was fun and creative, I was so happy with everything!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2012

I used Abacus for the photography and videography for my wedding in August and they exceeded my expectations. Rennie and Doug took fantastic photographs and Damien did an amazing job with our video. I would highly recommend them for any occasion. Thank you so much to everyone at Abacus for helping to capture every moment of our special day!!

Sent on 11/24/2012
  • Y

Yasheca · Married on 07/28/2012

I would like to highly recommend Abacus Wedding studios. The staff is just totally awesome and filled with great and different personalities. I must say Alex and Damien were ALWAYS available when I had questions or wanted to make changes and requests. I definitely cannot leave out Michelle who was an awesome free spirited young woman from she took Noel and I's Engagement pics and was able to make Noel smile (typically he doesn’t smile around ppl he doesn’t know...lol) For the wedding July 28th from the time I was expecting Michelle again but another staff showed up and I do apologize that I can’t remember her name, but she was very patient and took so awesome pics as well despite the confusion with my bridesmaids and the reception dress being lost. (I must apologize to them actually for that). With the many bumps the photographer and videographer did an awesome job on focusing on what I wanted and I can’t wait to see the complete package after receiving my albums and videos.

Thanks you guys...

Sent on 10/15/2012

Hilary · Married on 06/10/2012

From our first meeting with Alex until the end of our wedding night, everyone at Abacus was such a pleasure to work with. We hit it off with Alex when we first went to meet with him and ended up talking with him for almost 3 hours, well after we covered all my questions about the photo/video packages they offer. Our photographer was Michelle and our videographer was Damian. I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Both Michelle and Damian were prompt, professional, yet fun to work with all day. They even agreed to meet us at the park location where we wanted our formal pictures done a few months before the wedding, so that we could all get a better idea of photo opportunities for the day of the wedding. Michelle definitely put me at ease through all the different photo locations around my parent’s house as well as in the park and was overall very easy and fun to work with. Damian had a great sense of humor and was also very easy to work with; the guys loved him! Damian was also very kind to all of our guests. A few times throughout the night I caught him shining a light on guests taking group shots with their own cameras. I thought that was so nice of him, being that the lights at weddings are so low that it’s hard to get good pictures on your own camera. It was just a nice touch on his part and it didn’t go unnoticed. Overall I would say that these two were my favorite vendors. They were artistic, professional and fun to be around all day. I am still getting compliments about how nice they were to work with. Our families were also very impressed and pleased with Michelle and Damian and still talk about them weeks later! I can’t wait to see the photos and video. I know everything is going to be beautiful!!!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Tracey · Married on 05/11/2012

I just got marrled on 5/11/2012 and I had a blast. Abacus Wedding Studios was very porfessional and provided wonderful services. They kept me on track the entire day. I highly recommend them for any celebration.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Tracey · Married on 05/11/2012

They made my day worry free!!!!!! They took creative pictures that I can't wait to have. They were very professional and are worth every pennie!!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Debra · Married on 03/10/2012

We had the pleasure of working with Damian and Michelle the day of our wedding. Both were very professional, friendly, and prompt. They made us feel comfortable on what could have been a stressful day. They are both very easy to work with and listened to what we wanted to do for our photos and video. We were nervous to have a videographer because we have been to weddings in the past and have had the video camera shoved in our faces! We knew that would make people feel uncomfrotable, so we were not sure about video at first. However, I didn't even know Damian was there. He was able to capture all the highlights of our wedding day without being intrusive. Michelle was quick and had our family and bridal party pictures done in no time! She was great with the children we had in our wedding, also. Everyone commented on how convenient it was to be able to get pictures out of the way so they could enjoy the rest of the evening.
    I would highly recommend Abacus Photography to anyone planning a wedding. I planned my wedding from out of state and had many questions that were immediately answered by Alex. Nobody ever made me feel as though I was bothering them or asking a stupid question. I can't wait to see my phtographs and video!

Sent on 03/16/2012

Christina · Married on 10/29/2011

Rennie & Damian were a pleasure to work with for our October 29, 2011 wedding. Rennie came to my house on time and was very professional. She posed all of us beautifully and the proofs I just received really show it. She was kind to my whole family and complimented us on how we looked. Damian was a fabulous videographer. He was funny and really got into the mix of the party; I can't wait to see the video. It snowed, in OCTOBER, on our wedding day but both of them really made it amazing. I was stress free and they got amazing shots of all of us. I would highly recommend Abacus Studios to anyone planning their wedding. Thanks! -Christina & Frank

Sent on 11/28/2011

Joli · Married on 09/30/2011

I loved Michelle and Damien... they made me feel beautiful and at ease on the best day and night of my life! All our shots, both traditional and candid, were amazing. They were so fun and creative. I loved every pic, and this is coming from the most "camera shy" bride in the world! I found Abacus to be very professional and highly flexible, and highly recommend them to anyone I see.

Sent on 10/08/2011