Abacus Studios Photography and Video Reviews

228 | South Plainfield, NJ

228 Reviews for Abacus Studios Photography and Video

• Candace

Candace Bottani · Married on 11/07/2020

The best people to work with!

Abacus Studios has been great to work with. Alex will work with your budget, and make sure you get all that you want for your wedding. I could call him anytime with a question and spend a half an hour just talking. It was like having a friend do your photography.

JC was our photographer the day of the wedding and he was on point! Got great shots of us and our family and was willing to photograph anything-even me with my dress on my head while my bridesmaids were trying to bustle my dress.

Our big reception is next year, and already booked Abacus to continue the photo shoot, and we have requested JC.

Highly recommend this photographer!!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Kathy K · Married on 10/31/2020

10/31/20 wedding

Alex was very responsive to answering any emails or questions that we had. Doug and Mike were great! The photos that we have recieved are great and we love them! Very professional.

Sent on 11/11/2020

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you and Congratulations Kathy and Mario. We are happy to be there for you, especially during these challenging times. May life bring you nothing but health, and happiness.
  • Katherine

Katherine Salazar · Married on 09/05/2020

An amazing experience with my engagement photos

Alex has been amazing with scheduling and helping us decide on location for our engagement photos. We got to meet our photographer, Doug who did an outstanding job with our photos. It is going to be hard deciding on which to put on the save the data magnets! I can't wait for our wedding day! I definitely recommend abacus studios, excellent service!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Steph B · Married on 03/12/2020

Wedding Photography

Thank you Abacus Studio for the excellent work. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you. If you looking for professional photography I highly recommended Abacus Studio. Thank you Alex and Doug

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • CHRISTINA

Christina Simmons · Married on 10/12/2019

Professional and affordable

Booking Abacus as our photography studio was hands down the easiest part of planning. I scheduled a meeting with the owner Alex and he answered all of my questions and helped me come up with a package to fit our budget. I knew we would he in great hands with any of his photographers. He paired us with JC by my request after looking at his portfolio online. On the day of our wedding JC was amazing. He gave us a lot of ideas for some shots that turned out great! Bridal party jumping in the air and my husband dipping me for a kiss were 2 shots we wouldn't have thought of on our own. JC has great energy and a really good eye for capturing these special moments. Thank you Abacus!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Heather

Heather P Carroll · Married on 10/12/2019

Everything You Need and Want!!!

Select Abacus for your wedding photo and video memories. You will not be sorry! Long short...Communication was amazing, package flexibility and customization was warm and considerate, and professionals...THE BEST. We were running late for first look and group shots due to make up for the ladies. The photographers (JC and [Videographer]) were getting a little anxious having some folks from the groomsmen party call the wedding coordinator to find out where we were and inform us we were running out of time (in order not to throw my entire schedule). ...when I arrived JC was waiting at the door, pics were NON STOP WITH LOTS OF DIRECTION. Pics were captured from stepping out of the car to first look to bridal party pics and couple pics. JUST STUNNING!!!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding photo/video

My husband and I wanted someone who was reasonable and their work was good. Abacus Studios is the best. We used them for our wedding. Alex and his group made us feel comfortable and relax durn the pictures. Alex right from the start was great, he explained everything to us and even worked with our budget. Honestly, my husband and I will be using Alex and his team for every event we have going forward! The quality of their work is great but his team is even better! If you’re looking for photographer and videographers book them ASAP you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Megan

Megan Sweeney · Married on 08/25/2019

Megan & Leon

My fiancée and I had the best experience with Abacus Studios during our engagement shoot. Doug was our photographer and he was very knowledgeable and professional. Doug suggested Colonial Park in Franklin, NJ and it was perfect. We are so happy with the way our pictures because they came out perfect. Overall, it was a great experience and we are very confident that we chose the right photographer to capture of special day.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Alaina

Alaina · Married on 08/24/2019

More than we could ask for!

Hosted our wedding on 8/24/19 at Il Villaggio in Carlstadt, NJ. Our photographer was JC. JC was truly a blessing, a gift from God. My husband and I were truly impacted by having JC as our photographer. JC arrived early to our hotel to set up and confirm all details for the day. He was full of energy, life, and passion the ENTIRE 10 hours! JC was EXACTLY what we were looking for in a photographer. He was not only taking photos, he was our second Maitre D, always making sure we had everything we needed, fixing my dress, directing us how to pose ( LOVED THAT!) and making everything picture perfect while making us smile laugh and feel like a King and Queen. I have been to a lot of weddings in my day, and I can say I have never seen a better photographer than JC. Absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait to get access to our online gallery and see all of the wonderful pics he took. Priceless. Thank you, JC, and Abacus studios for making this the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 07/28/2019

Alex was very professional and offered the best services. His prices are flexible which worked with our budget.

Sent on 03/16/2018

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you. I personally work with every client to ensure they get what they want and make every effort to stay within their budget.
  • Beth

Beth Beecher Alterman · Married on 07/26/2019

Great addition to our daughter’s wedding

We worked with Alex and his crew to have a step and repeat photo area set up at our daughter’s wedding. Alex was professional, responsive and flexible with our requests. It was a great addition to the event, and so easy. Very much recommended!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Mer

Meredith Alterman · Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic Step and Repeat Photobooth

Alex and his team added extra fun to my wedding with their step and repeat photobooth set up. They were pleasant to work with, and made sure the guests got their prints at the end of the night. They were quick with their correspondence, and were flexible in the timing we needed. We even got to keep the custom backdrop they made with our wedding logo- it was a big hit! We loved it!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Laraib

Laraib Saeed · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing! If you’re looking at hesitant, STOP this is the best place to book!!!

My husband and I had a hard time finding someone who was reasonable and their work was good. I had originally was going to go with someone else until I found Alex and his group. I cannot tell you how comfortable they made us feel. Alex right from the start was great, he explained everything to us and even worked with our budget. The first event we worked with Lynette on photo and Mike on video and those two gave us so much direction and went along with every last minute idea we had and it was great! The second event I had Doug and Mike again. They were amazing as well. Honestly, my husband and I will be using Alex and his team for every event we have going forward! The quality of their work is great but his team is even better! If you’re looking for photographer and videographers book them ASAP you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2019

Don't wait sign with abacus today!

We ended up going with Alex and his photographers and have not for one minute regretted the decision. Not only was he responsive and attentive, but he was patient. I was somewhat of a neurotic bride and he just talked me through each and every step. His photographers are professional and kind and truly the best of the best. We had both a photo and video package! We had Doug and Joseph on photos and they were truly amazing. We also had John on video and he truly kept me calm and smiling through the whole thing. he just kept saying things to make me smile and laugh and I have no doubt he is the reason the video is going to be amazing!! DO NOT WASTE ANOTHER SECOND, GO SIGN WITH ALEX AND HIS GROUP TODAY!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2019

Hands down the best photographer and videographer I ever could of asked for

We hired abacus for our wedding and couldn’t have been happier with their amazing service and work!! Alex answered every question or inquiries I had with in minutes of me reaching out and was just a pleasure to work with!Our wedding day photos and video came out beautifully! All of our guests commented on how skilled both Doug and Michael were. They captured every special moment and meet us comfortable on a day full of emotions! Hands down the best photographer and videographer I ever could of asked for

Sent on 05/19/2019

Stefanie · Married on 02/23/2019

My fiancée and I had the greatest experience with Abacus Studios during our engagement photos. Doug was great and very flexible. We had our engagement photos at liberty state park (in which we were not familiar with the area) and Doug helped us with directions while we were driving to the location. We were also late and Doug had no problem waiting for us as we sat in traffic. He was very knowledgeable of the best places to take pictures and what poses looked beat and our engagement pictures came out flawless. You will not find a better photographer☺️. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Christine Nappe · Married on 12/27/2018

Professional and accommodating to work with!

We planned our court house wedding in about 2 weeks and Alex was very accommodating. His dedication to his customers' satisfaction is made apparent by the professionalism and amount of communication he provides. He was able to secure our spot in a timely fashion. Leading up to the wedding, we emailed back and forth. We were able to send him a few inspiration shots we saw online so that our photographer, Doug, could capture the style and moments that were important to us. On the day of, Doug arrived early and started taking photos right away. He made sure that we got all of the family shots that we wanted and captured the essence of our relationship as husband and wife. I will recommend Alex and his team to anyone who is in need of stellar photography in the future!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Cassie · Married on 10/20/2018

amazing photography

We first heard about Abacus Studios through a close friend. Alex was very responsive to my initial questions & pricing was within our budget, so my husband and I decided to meet with him. We were very impressed with everything. He showed us all the different options & services they provided and discussed cost and what each package would entail. Alex was also very accommodating as we had to bring our young daughter to the meeting, which was a huge plus for us. We decided to go with photography & the photo booth. We then met Doug, our photographer, for our engagement shoot. We found a park & hockey rink not too far out from where we live to do the pictures at. Doug got some amazing shots. Alex kept in touch as we were planning our wedding, he answered whatever questions came up during the process. A week or so before the wedding, Doug called and verified times & addresses to ensure he had everything written down. He got so many amazing pictures the day of our wedding. He perfectly captured my husband and our daughters “first look” as well as some amazing candid pictures. The photo booth was a big hit with everyone at our reception. We received our online gallery about a week after our wedding & the high resolution images on a USB two and a half weeks after our wedding. I would absolutely recommend Abacus Studios to everyone.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Sherry · Married on 09/04/2018

We had family portraits done by Abacus Studios and they did an amazing job!

Sent on 09/13/2018
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/02/2018

Alex was so helpful when it came to making the right decision to use Abacus Studios. They come up with packages to fit any budget. They are super responsive to all inquiries.

Doug was our photographer for our engagement pictures. He helped make us all so comfortable in front of the camera. He had many wonderful ideas and I was so excited to see all my ideas come to life. I am thrilled for the wedding. If the engagement pictures came out this great..I can only imagine my wedding photos.

This company is so professional and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Gary · Married on 09/02/2018

My wife and I used Abacus studios. We had a great experience with Doug for our engagement and wedding pictures. All the pictures were wonderful. I would highly recommend Doug and Alex is great with emails and coordinating.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2018

The communication with Alex was exceptional. As most couples, we have an extremely crazy schedule, but Alex was able to meet with us very quickly on a Sunday, and was able to design a package to meet our needs. With our photographer, Doug, we felt very comfortable, and he was also very flexible to schedule our engagement shoot. I highly recommend Abacus to other couples!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you. It is important that couples know they are not bound to our general packages and prices. If you have specific needs, we will always make every effort to accommodate them.

Colleen · Married on 07/14/2018

We recently had our engagement photo session with Doug and the shots were wonderful! He knew how to have us pose and the angles and background came out amazing. We didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable during any shots, it looked very natural in the pictures. We are really impressed and are looking forward to our wedding day with Abacus for both photography and videography!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Colleen · Married on 07/14/2018

We used Abacus Studios for our wedding day, both photography and video services. We are extremely pleased with the service as well as the team! The staff is so friendly and fit right in with the crowds to work with all our crazy personalities! It was truly a pleasure to work with Doug (photo) and John (video). The two of them worked hand in hand with each other and the photos and footage is a treasure to us! Thank you for all your wonderful work and talents!

Sent on 08/07/2018