A2Z Music Factory Reviews

A2Z Music Factory 5
A2Z Music Factory 6
A2Z Music Factory 7

Dana · Married on 10/12/2013

A2Z provided all the lighting for our wedding on October 12, 2013. John was an absolute pleasure to work with. When my husband and I first walked into our reception, we had our breaths taken away by how beautiful everything was and the perfect ambiance the lighting created. I had many compliments throughout the night on how perfect our entire reception was and John and A2Z was a huge part of that. I highly recommend this company!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

My husband and I got married September 28, 2013 and highly recommend A2Z Music Factory. When everything else seemed to go wrong, Adam, made us exponentially more excited for our reception. From the planning to response time, it couldn't have gone better.

He keep our guests on the dance floor and kept to the timeline, which allowed for my husband and I to really enjoy our ceremony and not miss out on a thing.

Adam was very professional and really took the time to get to know the both of us. He paid attention to the smallest details and made sure they made it to our reception.

We couldn't be happier with the outcome!

Sent on 10/04/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/28/2013

John was amazing - this guy is very talented and truly passionate about his business. His creativity and passio shine through and he really will make your day amazing! We used A2Z for ceremony music, DJ services, lighting, pipe and drape and Photo Booth. All of the services that John provided were fantastic, first class and really set the tone for our day.

We picked almost every single song in the play list and John was ok with that - he also felt the vibe of the wedding guests and was able to keep everyone on the dance floor! The room was transformed with magical lighting effects and the photobooth was loved by all!

You won't be disappointed with A2Z music - i manage events for a living and A2Z is a vendor you can trust!

Sent on 10/28/2013

My wife and I got married on September 14 2013. John Howard and A2Z provided us with excellent sound for our ceremony, a monogram on the dance floor as well as personalized voice over messages to our parents during our mother son/father daughter dance. He also was able to provide sparklers for our exit/send off that we requested of him very last minute.

John Howard with A2Z music was fantastic!!! He made my our wedding unique and special and was flexable with anything that we wanted to do. He is a true professional and delivered high quality services to my wife and I.

I would highly reccommend him to anyone looking for an outstanding DJ, excellent sound, lighting, and his ability to provide you with something unique.

John Howard you are AWESOME! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/04/2013

John was the DJ at our wedding and he did an amazing job!! He truly loves his job and knows exactly what to do to make your wedding reception/event a great night! We had set up a few meetings with John prior to the wedding and he was able to help us in planning our reception. He listened to our ideas and gave us his professional opinion, which we really appreciated. His goal when planning wedding receptions is to take the stress of making sure the night goes smoothly off the bride and groom, so they can enjoy their wedding reception. During our wedding planning process, John was one of the best vendors we worked with, he was always available to talk about our wedding. After our wedding we received a lot of compliments from guests telling us how much fun our reception was. I would highly recommend A2Z Music for anyone that is planning a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 02/23/2014

John Howard had ideas for the Wedding Reception that took the celebration to a whole new level of entertainment. It went beyond what we dreamed about and beyond any "typical Wedding Reception." He uses technology to personalize the event and creates timeless memories for everyone present. We had so many compliments on the lighting, special effects, and especially some of his amazing ideas (personal voice overs during father daughter and mother son dances, beach ball drop from the ceiling, sparkler send-off, microphone availability, custom song selections and more). He was so nice, professional and easy to work with. He genuinely cares about the quality and beauty of the product (in this case, cocktail hour and reception) and the satisfaction of the "guests of honor" (bride and groom) as being the most important- while the guests still have an amazing time. I cannot recommend his company, A2Z Music Factory enough. He has set the standard for Weddings very high- others will have a lot of trouble beating him. My husband and I (and our guests) could not be happier.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Choosing John Howard of A2Z Entertainment was the best wedding decision we made, hands down. Not only is he a darn good DJ (our dance floor was full the entire night) but he is an amazing master of ceremonies. He is there to walk you through the countless possibilities you can have for your wedding reception. Because of his experience in the industry, he offered ideas for our reception that I had never heard. These variations and additions made the difference in taking our reception from basic to beyond memorable. Every element of the reception from the intro, to first dance, to cake cutting, etc, were all discussed, song choices were made, and a detailed timeline was created. I thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed my wedding reception because every detail was planned and I knew John would direct the event. The lighting system he brings transformed our venue. The photo booth was a huge hit with our crowd, worth every penny. Two months later my parents still comment on how he made the reception amazing. And when we look back on our photo booth album, my husband and I have hilarious memories of us with our friends and family. I will recommend John Howard to all of my friends, my family, and if I have another event there is no other DJ I will call.

Sent on 10/16/2013

David · Married on 07/06/2013

John and Carrie of A2Z Music Factory provided a wonderful photo booth for my wedding reception. They were completely professional to deal with from start to finish and made booking the booth extremely easy. All of our guests LOVED interacting with the A2Z staff and the booth was a highlight of the evening. I would highly recommend A2Z for anyone seeking professional event production.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

John Howard was phenomenal! We chose John after attending my cousin's wedding which he also DJed for and we knew he was a perfect fit! He offers so many unique options that made our wedding a dream come true for us and a blast for our quests. My mom was VERY nervous about the sound during our ceremony since ours was outside but he took care of that and always answered all her questions and came early to set up and test everything out. He also made special accommodations for our friend who sang and played guitar and worked with him the day of the event to make sure he was comfortable with everything. We also had the photobooth which was SO FUN! He and his wife turn it into a memory book that guests sign, which is a guest book that we will actually look at! He also offered the option of reading a short bio about each attendant during introductions which gave our guests a more personalized feel. He even brought my husband drinks and extra food during our ceremony since he was worried we wouldn't get enough! I would 110% recommend him to ANY couple out there!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Sandra · Married on 06/29/2013

I just got married in June and used A2Z for the lighting and DJ services. At first, I was only going to use their lighting services, but I asked John some questions about the DJ services. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to be pressured to pay for more services. He was not pushy or forward at all, and answered all my questions objectively, making my perspective and my wedding priorities HIS priorities. By the end, I was the one demanding a DJ! And I am so glad I did. I think it was the most important component to our reception! Adam was our DJ. He provided all the support I needed pre-wedding, not just helping us pick out music but helping me to plan out the entire reception timeline. The reception itself was incredible. The mood, the lighting, the music, everything was perfect! Everyone raved about the music, how once the dancing started there was never a moment that dragged or a song that they couldn't move to. Literally everyone was on the dance floor, from the three year old flower girls to my grandmother. My husband and I spent a lot of the honeymoon talking about how much FUN the reception was, and reliving the energy of the dance floor! I highly, highly recommend A2Z Music Factory to all friends/family members/strangers. Even my other vendor asked for his contact information, saying that he was the best DJ that he had worked with. If you are on the fence about getting a DJ: A2Z is very affordable, and it is DEFINITELY worth it!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Lara and Reilly · Married on 06/15/2013

Simply put...John Howard is the MAN! When we met with him for our consultation (which lasted for an hour and a half) he showed us many examples of his works and what he was capable of producing. At the time it seemed a bit impractical that he could pull off everything he promised he could do. He mentioned crazy lights, a photo booth, props and a bubble machine (to name a few things) and we didn't know how he could do everything on our wedding night. When we showed up that night to our reception he far exceeded our already awesome expectations.

John had never worked at our venue before and took the time out of his day to visit the reception site and meet with us (which was a 2 hour drive from his home). He was there for about an hour measuring walls for lighting, checking out where he could off-load his equipment, set up and counting how many pillars he would up light.

As a couple we had a lot of ideas in mind that were going to be surprises for our entire wedding. John was the reason they all became a reality. He is SUCH a creative individual and really helped make our special day extremely unique! For example, we had a "surprise first dance" which he coordinated the entire light show for. It was a HUGE hit..check it out:

John really went above and beyond to keep the dance floor packed, the flow of the events moving and even went as far as getting us (bride and groom) drinks! He is a true professional and will blow your mind away with his ideas and talents. We highly recommend John Howard (A2 Factory)!!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

Brides -- hiring A2Z Music Factory was easily one of the best choices I made for my wedding. John provided sound for my ceremony, as well as lighting, sound, music, DJ services, and a photo booth for the reception. First and foremost, my needs were exceeded! John went out of his way to customize the experience to my husband's and my preferences. Everything ran smoothly, and was perfectly timed. It was beautiful. Secondly, a week later-- I am still getting calls and messages from my guests exclaiming how much fun they had at the wedding. The music was on point, keeping our young crowd dancing, while also inviting our older guests to take part. The photo booth was a huge hit! Lastly, John went above and beyond by making sure my husband and I were comfortable with food and drinks the entire reception. I could not have asked for more from a vendor. I would recommend A2Z Music Factory to ANY and ALL brides!

Sent on 06/03/2013

John from A2Z was the best vendor we hired for our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the NOVA area. Everything went so smoothly and he went above and beyond every expectation I could have imagined. He provided us with music for our cocktail hour, reception, and also provided uplighting for the ballroom. We have had the majority of our guests tell us it was the best wedding they have ever attended and we owe all of that to John. He kept our dance floor packed (including my Mom and our 88 year old Grandma) and even helped us to plan a special surprise during our garter toss! As a bride, you are crazy to go with any other DJ in the area.

Sent on 07/07/2013

We worked with John for our reception on 4/27/2013 at the International Country Club as our DJ and he provided up-lighting services. Our reception was a great success and I attribute that to John's help with the preparation and execution of our big day! We are both mid-twenties and had a solid group of similar aged friends, so music and dance floor was an integral part of our reception.

John ensured that we met prior to the wedding so that we could go through the process and our ideas. The meeting was great because not only did we get our ideas/expectations across, John brought many other ideas and enhancements to the table. Most importantly for the aspects of the evening that you don't necessarily think about or fully through. Even my fiance left feeling great about the timeline, songs, and comfort with John's skills!

John's experience as a DJ and with weddings makes it so that he has endless options on ways to tailor your experience (voice-overs, fade outs, song mixes). He even provided us with the most exceptional wedding exit, which we believed to be above and beyond our original expectations of our DJ!

John's professionalism and consistent work ethic to make our day as perfect as possible, made his services something I never had to think twice about. His commitment to excellence was obviously noted during the night and we had great reviews from our friends after the evening as well. We had such a great time and I honestly might have never left the dance floor, along with our friends, during the night!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Joseph · Married on 04/13/2013

Working with John was a pleasure. After a long day at work, the last thing I wanted to do was go to a coordination meeting. I enjoyed the hours we spent with John and he made the wedding planning fun, painless, and exciting. John was easy going and flexible from beginning to end. John was willing to do anything it took to ensure our day was fantastic. If you want to have someone you trust run your wedding day, I'd choose A2Z Music Factory.

Sent on 05/25/2013

Amy · Married on 03/09/2013

Working with John Howard at A2Z Music Factory for our Wedding on March 9th, 2013 was truly a great experience! From our initial consultation John provided the perfect combination of unique ideas and insights as well as flexibility to help us construct our perfect wedding night. My husband and I are crazy about music and dancing so we came prepared with a detailed song list but John was able to introduce us to new kinds of music that we absolutely loved and just had to incorporate into our big day.

My favorite thing about our wedding was the flow of the evening and in the beginning our thought process was a little fragmented. John really listened to us and understood what we wanted and with his extensive experience and knowledge of what works and what doesn't work he was able to guide us into a flow of the night that was perfect and accomplished all we set out to do. One thing we set out to do was have a busy dance floor for the last couple hours of the night and we successfully did so! There was a flow to the dancing that John created as well with his selection and order of songs. Young and old alike spent a lot of time dancing and there were no abrupt transitions from one genre of music to another, which means no one felt alienated or uncomfortable on the dance floor.

John is positively a professional in every way. He helped us create a detailed itinerary, arrived early for set-up, had every piece of equipment imaginable (photo booth & props, uplighting, wireless speakers, inconspicuous microphones for all that required one) AND he helped organize all of our bridal party members to make sure everyone knew where they were supposed to be and when - not an easy task! Because of this preparedness everything went off without a hitch!

We had no doubts that John was going to be great but he totally exceeded our expectations in so many ways. If you want a worry-free DJ experience, we HIGHLY recommend you hire A2Z Music Factory for your event.

Sent on 03/17/2013

Jennifer · Married on 01/26/2013

No one will work harder to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life than John. A perfectionist to the core (he built his own photo booth machine because the ones for sale didn't meet his standards), John pays attention to every single detail to make your wedding an awesome experience. To cover the basics, YES his DJ playlists are perfect, YES his up-lighting is amazing (and he can change colors with the touch of a keyboard and make the lights beat/change with the music) and YES his photo booth and props are the best out there (we had cardboard cut-outs of famous people, light sabers, fun hats, etc AND our guests got to carry them out to the dance floor). Oh yeah, he throws one heck of a grand exit as well! And everything (equipment, playlists, microphones, etc) is backed up, no day-of disasters allowed!

But beyond that, its John's character and work ethic that stand out. From couple's counselor (my husband wanted to play punk during cocktail hour and I wanted country, lol), to entertainer extraordinaire (he up-light our bar during the reception ceremony to keep with our party vibe) John was genuine, trust-worthy and made us feel like family. He is THE wedding entertainer!

Sent on 02/03/2013

We contracted with John at A2Z Music Factory to provide a photo booth for our daughter's wedding. Unlike many other photo booth companies who had minimal props and generally shabby and dirty photo booths, A2Z did not actually use a true photo booth. Instead, they used a clean and very nice looking tower (white or black - your choice), which was roughly 1 1/2 foot square by approx. 5 to 6 feet tall to hold the photo equipment. We chose the white photo booth (called the bride) and it blended in perfectly with the colors in the venue. The best part of using this style of photo booth is that it allowed you to get many more people in the pictures.

Of note, the 2 staff members from A2Z who ran the photo booth the entire night, were fabulous! They were helpful, pleasant, and professional. They encouraged our guests to participate and have fun with the pictures without being pushy. We could not have asked for a better team to run the photo booth! Also, it is important to mention that there were many props (hats, feather boas, light sabres, etc.) available to our guests and all in excellent condition. They looked brand new. This is different from many of the photo booth companies who provided only a few beat up looking props and told us we could also buy our own. As if you have time to go hunting for props when you are planning a wedding!

Once the wedding was over, the photo booth pictures were placed in a lovely scrapbook with nice touches throughout. After a wonderful experience with this company, it was just the icing on the cake. We would definitely recommend using A2Z Music Company for your photo booth needs. They set the standard for all the rest!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Rose · Married on 12/08/2012

Seamless, personally detailed and absolutely perfect. This is what every bride dreams her wedding day will be.

In talking with John with A2Z Music factory, you can’t miss his infectious enthusiasm and passion for entertainment. His wonderful stories inspired us to think of what ways we would make our wedding day special. I am a firm believer that the less vendors involved, the lesser the margin for error. Lucky for me, in addition to the DJ services, A2Z also offers lighting packages and a photobooth John does everything top of the line. Top of the Line Lighting, Top of the Line Photobooth and a Top of the Line Sound System. If you are a bride who won’t settle for mediocrity with these aspects, John is the choice for you!

How John exceeded my family’s (very high) expectations.
    1.) John helped incorporate a very special father daughter dance, one in which my dad and I got to sing part of the song (using John’s recorder) with other songs that we got to dance to. John even made a last minute (as in hours before the wedding) special edit to this father/daughter song at my dad’s request.
    2.) John knew EXACTLY what to suggest for songs when we couldn’t think of ones on our own.
    3.) The night of the wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to John’s diligence, preparation, and constant reassurance that he would take care of us as the bride and groom.

What our guests enjoyed most:
    1.) The lighting of our reception was the most beautiful and breathtaking. You “felt” how amazing the room looked.
    2.) Special bride and groom game, suggested by John, revved up our crowd.
    3.) The dance floor NEVER cleared from the minute it opened up! Even people (and their husbands) who self-proclaim themselves as non-dancers were on the floor dancing!

Thanks to John at A2Z Music Factory, our wedding day an experience and we will always be grateful. We are definitely keeping his contact info handy for any events in our family's future!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Emilie · Married on 11/10/2012

If you want a flawless reception experience and guests to be talking about how fun your wedding was, and comparing your wedding as better than any other they have ever been to...you need to work with A2Z. John far exceeded our expectations for what a DJ can do for your wedding day. He was patient and flexible, super informative, affordable, and he truly has a great passion for his work. He is very experienced and creative, he knows the function of a wedding day inside and out, he thinks about all those small details that make your wedding day extra special, and he made our wedding day run smoothly, which is a big big big importance when selecting a DJ. They don't just play music, there is a special talent to it and John is the only DJ I met with that showed he had that something extra! All our family and friends were awe struck by the lighting detials John did at our venue, he was able to turn a conference/banquet hall into a beautiful, romantic, and fun atmosphere. All of our guests complimented John, they all loved the music, and the lighting, everyone had the time of their lives dancing and laughing all night long. Even my antisocial, antifun family members (we all have them) were out on the dance floor enjoying themselves! I highly reccommend using John!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Bryan · Married on 11/03/2012

A2Z Music Factory was amazing. John Howard was incredible. Literally from the moment we arrived at our reception John took over and made sure everything went according to plan If something took a few minutes longer or shorter, he just adjusted the schedule slightly to keep us on time overall. His interaction with our guests was outstanding. He knew exactly when to play a specific song to keep our dance floor packed the whole night. We didn't have an exact set list, we let him pick most of the songs and it was incredible. I would recommend John Howard with A2Z Music Factory to anyone who wants to have an amazing wedding experience.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2012

A2Z Music Factory was what made our day absolutely perfect - truthfully better than we could have ever imagined. When we got to the reception hall, I was honestly nearly brought to tears at how amazing A2Z made the place look. The lighting around the room was phenomenal - it transformed the room into a tropical paradise. They even put lights in the fountain in the middle of the room!! The logos with our names and initial were so clear and added an awesome touch to the decor. The pipe and draping behind our head table really set off the room and made us the centerpiece. They knew more of what I wanted than I did - which is why I trusted them to have free reign over what they thought would look best within my few specifications. The photobooth was a huge highlight to our day - we now have an album full of hilarious pictures of all our family and friends. The setup of their photobooth is really great bc you can fit so many people in one picture! And their prop selection is fantastic! Our DJ, Adam, was absolutely awesome!! We met with him a few times before the event and he really kept us on track for all the different things we wanted to do. Thank goodness he sat down with me and we went through a timeline so we could make sure we had everything in order - w/ our choreographed bridal dance, the dollar dance, garter/bouquet toss, father/daughter mother/son dances, and other activities, it was so important we were on the same page with timing. He made it so effortless and made the reception a true party that flowed so smoothly, which was a huge stress relief for me! He was so flexible and brought great ideas to the table in the planning, and then he most certainly brought the party at the reception, which was what was most important to us. So many people told me that our wedding was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to, which is totally attributable to all of the amazing services provided by A2Z! I cannot recommend them enough - I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 01/23/2013

A2Z Music Factory was great to work with! John is very down to earth, flexible and personable - very easy to work with. He also isn't just a DJ but he assists with the coordinating the day of the wedding! He was able to assist in keeping the wedding flowing and for improvising if needed. When we met with him, we realized how many things he helped us think about and that we never would have even addressed a lot of those ideas had we not worked with him. He made our night very memorable and we would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • User2032290 · 2+ years ago

John, our DJ and the president of A2Z, provided over-the-top service from start to finish. He was friendly, creative, and extremely thorough. He both offered suggestions and listened to our input, catering to our requests.

The sound and music selection was excellent. People did not stop dancing, and he respected our "Play" and "Do not play" lists. He also provided mics for the ceremony and toasts.

He offers a vast array of services. The lighting at our ceremony was excellent, washing the room in shades of purple.

The photobooth was large enough to comfortably accommodate many people. It included many props, was serviced by two full-time techs, and the guests got to keep copies of each photo. Furthermore, the booth came with a customized album including all photos from the booth for the bride and me.

If you are reading this review, stop searching for a DJ. Just go to John. I didn't have any worries during the wedding, and guarantee you will be completely satisfied!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Erin · Married on 09/22/2012

We were so pleased with A2Z Music Factory. They did such an amazing job for our wedding! A2Z worked with us to form a play list that went over really well with everyone. Their photo booth is awesome and has tons a props to use. It's not your typical booth that you step into. A2Z sets up a partitioned wall with a back drop and you can get 10+ people in your picture where as the small booths only hold a few people comfortably. The photo booth album that we received after our wedding is perfect. A2Z really took the time to put it together!
    The uplighting around the room looked great. We also had a slide show prior to dinner that they put together. It was perfect - and everyone enjoyed it!
    My wedding was almost 2 months ago and people are still talking about it! Thank you A2Z Music Factory for helping to make our day very speacial!

See you in January at my brother's wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2012