A2Z Music Factory Reviews

A2Z Music Factory 5
A2Z Music Factory 6
A2Z Music Factory 7

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

Brides -- hiring A2Z Music Factory was easily one of the best choices I made for my wedding. John provided sound for my ceremony, as well as lighting, sound, music, DJ services, and a photo booth for the reception. First and foremost, my needs were exceeded! John went out of his way to customize the experience to my husband's and my preferences. Everything ran smoothly, and was perfectly timed. It was beautiful. Secondly, a week later-- I am still getting calls and messages from my guests exclaiming how much fun they had at the wedding. The music was on point, keeping our young crowd dancing, while also inviting our older guests to take part. The photo booth was a huge hit! Lastly, John went above and beyond by making sure my husband and I were comfortable with food and drinks the entire reception. I could not have asked for more from a vendor. I would recommend A2Z Music Factory to ANY and ALL brides!

Sent on 06/03/2013

John from A2Z was the best vendor we hired for our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the NOVA area. Everything went so smoothly and he went above and beyond every expectation I could have imagined. He provided us with music for our cocktail hour, reception, and also provided uplighting for the ballroom. We have had the majority of our guests tell us it was the best wedding they have ever attended and we owe all of that to John. He kept our dance floor packed (including my Mom and our 88 year old Grandma) and even helped us to plan a special surprise during our garter toss! As a bride, you are crazy to go with any other DJ in the area.

Sent on 07/07/2013

We worked with John for our reception on 4/27/2013 at the International Country Club as our DJ and he provided up-lighting services. Our reception was a great success and I attribute that to John's help with the preparation and execution of our big day! We are both mid-twenties and had a solid group of similar aged friends, so music and dance floor was an integral part of our reception.

John ensured that we met prior to the wedding so that we could go through the process and our ideas. The meeting was great because not only did we get our ideas/expectations across, John brought many other ideas and enhancements to the table. Most importantly for the aspects of the evening that you don't necessarily think about or fully through. Even my fiance left feeling great about the timeline, songs, and comfort with John's skills!

John's experience as a DJ and with weddings makes it so that he has endless options on ways to tailor your experience (voice-overs, fade outs, song mixes). He even provided us with the most exceptional wedding exit, which we believed to be above and beyond our original expectations of our DJ!

John's professionalism and consistent work ethic to make our day as perfect as possible, made his services something I never had to think twice about. His commitment to excellence was obviously noted during the night and we had great reviews from our friends after the evening as well. We had such a great time and I honestly might have never left the dance floor, along with our friends, during the night!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Joseph · Married on 04/13/2013

Working with John was a pleasure. After a long day at work, the last thing I wanted to do was go to a coordination meeting. I enjoyed the hours we spent with John and he made the wedding planning fun, painless, and exciting. John was easy going and flexible from beginning to end. John was willing to do anything it took to ensure our day was fantastic. If you want to have someone you trust run your wedding day, I'd choose A2Z Music Factory.

Sent on 05/25/2013

Amy · Married on 03/09/2013

Working with John Howard at A2Z Music Factory for our Wedding on March 9th, 2013 was truly a great experience! From our initial consultation John provided the perfect combination of unique ideas and insights as well as flexibility to help us construct our perfect wedding night. My husband and I are crazy about music and dancing so we came prepared with a detailed song list but John was able to introduce us to new kinds of music that we absolutely loved and just had to incorporate into our big day.

My favorite thing about our wedding was the flow of the evening and in the beginning our thought process was a little fragmented. John really listened to us and understood what we wanted and with his extensive experience and knowledge of what works and what doesn't work he was able to guide us into a flow of the night that was perfect and accomplished all we set out to do. One thing we set out to do was have a busy dance floor for the last couple hours of the night and we successfully did so! There was a flow to the dancing that John created as well with his selection and order of songs. Young and old alike spent a lot of time dancing and there were no abrupt transitions from one genre of music to another, which means no one felt alienated or uncomfortable on the dance floor.

John is positively a professional in every way. He helped us create a detailed itinerary, arrived early for set-up, had every piece of equipment imaginable (photo booth & props, uplighting, wireless speakers, inconspicuous microphones for all that required one) AND he helped organize all of our bridal party members to make sure everyone knew where they were supposed to be and when - not an easy task! Because of this preparedness everything went off without a hitch!

We had no doubts that John was going to be great but he totally exceeded our expectations in so many ways. If you want a worry-free DJ experience, we HIGHLY recommend you hire A2Z Music Factory for your event.

Sent on 03/17/2013

Jennifer · Married on 01/26/2013

No one will work harder to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life than John. A perfectionist to the core (he built his own photo booth machine because the ones for sale didn't meet his standards), John pays attention to every single detail to make your wedding an awesome experience. To cover the basics, YES his DJ playlists are perfect, YES his up-lighting is amazing (and he can change colors with the touch of a keyboard and make the lights beat/change with the music) and YES his photo booth and props are the best out there (we had cardboard cut-outs of famous people, light sabers, fun hats, etc AND our guests got to carry them out to the dance floor). Oh yeah, he throws one heck of a grand exit as well! And everything (equipment, playlists, microphones, etc) is backed up, no day-of disasters allowed!

But beyond that, its John's character and work ethic that stand out. From couple's counselor (my husband wanted to play punk during cocktail hour and I wanted country, lol), to entertainer extraordinaire (he up-light our bar during the reception ceremony to keep with our party vibe) John was genuine, trust-worthy and made us feel like family. He is THE wedding entertainer!

Sent on 02/03/2013

We contracted with John at A2Z Music Factory to provide a photo booth for our daughter's wedding. Unlike many other photo booth companies who had minimal props and generally shabby and dirty photo booths, A2Z did not actually use a true photo booth. Instead, they used a clean and very nice looking tower (white or black - your choice), which was roughly 1 1/2 foot square by approx. 5 to 6 feet tall to hold the photo equipment. We chose the white photo booth (called the bride) and it blended in perfectly with the colors in the venue. The best part of using this style of photo booth is that it allowed you to get many more people in the pictures.

Of note, the 2 staff members from A2Z who ran the photo booth the entire night, were fabulous! They were helpful, pleasant, and professional. They encouraged our guests to participate and have fun with the pictures without being pushy. We could not have asked for a better team to run the photo booth! Also, it is important to mention that there were many props (hats, feather boas, light sabres, etc.) available to our guests and all in excellent condition. They looked brand new. This is different from many of the photo booth companies who provided only a few beat up looking props and told us we could also buy our own. As if you have time to go hunting for props when you are planning a wedding!

Once the wedding was over, the photo booth pictures were placed in a lovely scrapbook with nice touches throughout. After a wonderful experience with this company, it was just the icing on the cake. We would definitely recommend using A2Z Music Company for your photo booth needs. They set the standard for all the rest!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Rose · Married on 12/08/2012

Seamless, personally detailed and absolutely perfect. This is what every bride dreams her wedding day will be.

In talking with John with A2Z Music factory, you can’t miss his infectious enthusiasm and passion for entertainment. His wonderful stories inspired us to think of what ways we would make our wedding day special. I am a firm believer that the less vendors involved, the lesser the margin for error. Lucky for me, in addition to the DJ services, A2Z also offers lighting packages and a photobooth John does everything top of the line. Top of the Line Lighting, Top of the Line Photobooth and a Top of the Line Sound System. If you are a bride who won’t settle for mediocrity with these aspects, John is the choice for you!

How John exceeded my family’s (very high) expectations.
    1.) John helped incorporate a very special father daughter dance, one in which my dad and I got to sing part of the song (using John’s recorder) with other songs that we got to dance to. John even made a last minute (as in hours before the wedding) special edit to this father/daughter song at my dad’s request.
    2.) John knew EXACTLY what to suggest for songs when we couldn’t think of ones on our own.
    3.) The night of the wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to John’s diligence, preparation, and constant reassurance that he would take care of us as the bride and groom.

What our guests enjoyed most:
    1.) The lighting of our reception was the most beautiful and breathtaking. You “felt” how amazing the room looked.
    2.) Special bride and groom game, suggested by John, revved up our crowd.
    3.) The dance floor NEVER cleared from the minute it opened up! Even people (and their husbands) who self-proclaim themselves as non-dancers were on the floor dancing!

Thanks to John at A2Z Music Factory, our wedding day an experience and we will always be grateful. We are definitely keeping his contact info handy for any events in our family's future!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Emilie · Married on 11/10/2012

If you want a flawless reception experience and guests to be talking about how fun your wedding was, and comparing your wedding as better than any other they have ever been to...you need to work with A2Z. John far exceeded our expectations for what a DJ can do for your wedding day. He was patient and flexible, super informative, affordable, and he truly has a great passion for his work. He is very experienced and creative, he knows the function of a wedding day inside and out, he thinks about all those small details that make your wedding day extra special, and he made our wedding day run smoothly, which is a big big big importance when selecting a DJ. They don't just play music, there is a special talent to it and John is the only DJ I met with that showed he had that something extra! All our family and friends were awe struck by the lighting detials John did at our venue, he was able to turn a conference/banquet hall into a beautiful, romantic, and fun atmosphere. All of our guests complimented John, they all loved the music, and the lighting, everyone had the time of their lives dancing and laughing all night long. Even my antisocial, antifun family members (we all have them) were out on the dance floor enjoying themselves! I highly reccommend using John!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Bryan · Married on 11/03/2012

A2Z Music Factory was amazing. John Howard was incredible. Literally from the moment we arrived at our reception John took over and made sure everything went according to plan If something took a few minutes longer or shorter, he just adjusted the schedule slightly to keep us on time overall. His interaction with our guests was outstanding. He knew exactly when to play a specific song to keep our dance floor packed the whole night. We didn't have an exact set list, we let him pick most of the songs and it was incredible. I would recommend John Howard with A2Z Music Factory to anyone who wants to have an amazing wedding experience.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2012

A2Z Music Factory was what made our day absolutely perfect - truthfully better than we could have ever imagined. When we got to the reception hall, I was honestly nearly brought to tears at how amazing A2Z made the place look. The lighting around the room was phenomenal - it transformed the room into a tropical paradise. They even put lights in the fountain in the middle of the room!! The logos with our names and initial were so clear and added an awesome touch to the decor. The pipe and draping behind our head table really set off the room and made us the centerpiece. They knew more of what I wanted than I did - which is why I trusted them to have free reign over what they thought would look best within my few specifications. The photobooth was a huge highlight to our day - we now have an album full of hilarious pictures of all our family and friends. The setup of their photobooth is really great bc you can fit so many people in one picture! And their prop selection is fantastic! Our DJ, Adam, was absolutely awesome!! We met with him a few times before the event and he really kept us on track for all the different things we wanted to do. Thank goodness he sat down with me and we went through a timeline so we could make sure we had everything in order - w/ our choreographed bridal dance, the dollar dance, garter/bouquet toss, father/daughter mother/son dances, and other activities, it was so important we were on the same page with timing. He made it so effortless and made the reception a true party that flowed so smoothly, which was a huge stress relief for me! He was so flexible and brought great ideas to the table in the planning, and then he most certainly brought the party at the reception, which was what was most important to us. So many people told me that our wedding was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to, which is totally attributable to all of the amazing services provided by A2Z! I cannot recommend them enough - I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 01/23/2013

A2Z Music Factory was great to work with! John is very down to earth, flexible and personable - very easy to work with. He also isn't just a DJ but he assists with the coordinating the day of the wedding! He was able to assist in keeping the wedding flowing and for improvising if needed. When we met with him, we realized how many things he helped us think about and that we never would have even addressed a lot of those ideas had we not worked with him. He made our night very memorable and we would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • User2032290 · 2+ years ago

John, our DJ and the president of A2Z, provided over-the-top service from start to finish. He was friendly, creative, and extremely thorough. He both offered suggestions and listened to our input, catering to our requests.

The sound and music selection was excellent. People did not stop dancing, and he respected our "Play" and "Do not play" lists. He also provided mics for the ceremony and toasts.

He offers a vast array of services. The lighting at our ceremony was excellent, washing the room in shades of purple.

The photobooth was large enough to comfortably accommodate many people. It included many props, was serviced by two full-time techs, and the guests got to keep copies of each photo. Furthermore, the booth came with a customized album including all photos from the booth for the bride and me.

If you are reading this review, stop searching for a DJ. Just go to John. I didn't have any worries during the wedding, and guarantee you will be completely satisfied!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Erin · Married on 09/22/2012

We were so pleased with A2Z Music Factory. They did such an amazing job for our wedding! A2Z worked with us to form a play list that went over really well with everyone. Their photo booth is awesome and has tons a props to use. It's not your typical booth that you step into. A2Z sets up a partitioned wall with a back drop and you can get 10+ people in your picture where as the small booths only hold a few people comfortably. The photo booth album that we received after our wedding is perfect. A2Z really took the time to put it together!
    The uplighting around the room looked great. We also had a slide show prior to dinner that they put together. It was perfect - and everyone enjoyed it!
    My wedding was almost 2 months ago and people are still talking about it! Thank you A2Z Music Factory for helping to make our day very speacial!

See you in January at my brother's wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2012

lizeth · Married on 09/01/2012

We first want to say thank you for the outstanding work you have done for us. Were amazed from the start and completely happy till the very end. He went above and beyond for us. He is the definition of a true professional. He always responded to every email and request. He was even able to gather rare songs for our very special event. He did a fantastic job getting the people jamming from two totally different cultures. The slide show was a very nice touch and the game was very fun. The end was one to be remembered for the ages!!. John thank you so much for all the incredible work, last second requests, and patience to explain my wife on choosing our songs(inside joke LOL). You will not be disappointed and you will get much more than you will have expected.
    I recommend him highly !!
    W. & L

Sent on 10/26/2012
  • Mia

Mia · Married on 08/25/2012

John did amazing lighting for our wedding at the DAR. He absolutely understood my vision and did awesome pink for our outside dancing on the Portico and orangey-amber inside for the dinner lighting. I loved it and would highly recommend John for anyone looking for lighting - the lighting made the room so special :)

Sent on 08/27/2012

Brittany · Married on 06/23/2012

Working with John was a fantastic and more importantly relaxing experience. As the DJ at our wedding, John took away the stress and anxiety that every bride goes through. He listened to every request we had and offered great advice based on his past experiences. Working with John was like working with a best friend if you could imagine. He was there for us, and made sure to make our day the best it could be. He did everything we asked and we all had fun working together. My wedding was a blast and stress free! Coming from a nutty family and marrying into one, John made it so we could still have the fun wedding we wanted, but kept a close eye on things we asked him to watch out for! He was an amazing DJ and wedding organizer. I could not possibly have asked for a better person helping me through my wedding and on my wedding day! Plus, his photo booth at our wedding was a HUGE success for everyone, even my grandmother!.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/22/2012

I CAN NOT say enough about how amazing John Howard is! He was truly a God-send! From the moment we met with John regarding lighting, he made us feel like our wedding was the most important event ever. At the time, we had another DJ lined up for our wedding, but after seeing how detailed and passionate John was about making our day as special as possible, I knew we would not be satisfied with our other DJ (who we were not even allowed to speak to directly). John spent hours (literally) going over every detail of the entire night. He took so much care in every aspect, including coordination with all of the other vendors, that you would have thought he was planning his own wedding! When it came time for the wedding, we knew we didn't have anything to worry about because John had it all covered (and by all, we even mean everything outside of the music and lighting). After the ceremony, he called us up to get a sneak peak of the finished reception area and the look on his face showed just as much excitement as the look on ours! The place looked spectacular! There is no doubt about it, our wedding would not have been the same without John and we can't say enough about how great it was to work with him!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Annette · Married on 05/27/2012

I don't know how we would have pulled off our wedding without John from A2Z Music Factory! Before meeting with John, I was completely overwhelmed with the amount of things that needed to get done before the wedding. After one meeting with John, I walked away feeling 100% better! He was such a professional and knew exactly the questions we should have been asking but just didn't know to ask. He anticipated our needs well and really understood our wedding's unique vision. He worked hard to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and completely reflected us.

Overall, I would totally recommend A2Z Music Factory! They have so many packages to fit your price range and are a really professional and fun company to work with!! They really brought the "fun" aspect to our super awesome wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2012
  • I. Colon

Ivy · Married on 05/19/2012

John is AWESOME!!!

The lighting was amazing! When I walked into the room it took my breath away. The centerpieces were amazing on their own, but the pin lighting made them really stand out... and the cake looked like it was glowing - it didn't even look real.

The photo booth was the biggest hit. EVERYONE loved it. I am getting emails and phone calls about the photo booth and how much fun our guests had.

Thank you John!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2012

I know that my review will not be able to adequately express how AMAZING A2Z Music Factory was for our wedding. The value we got for our money and the planning process with John was perfect – he really ended up being our wedding planner. A2Z provided our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, event entertainment, dance music, venue lighting, live video feed to 2nd floor of reception venue, and event timeline coordination. Again, SO many aspects of our day were handled by A2Z as part of our package.

John helped us plan our wedding with multiple planning meetings over the course of the months leading up to our wedding. He pointed out so many things we didn’t think of. Like most grooms, my husband really let me run with the wedding planning and wasn’t dying to be involved. But, when it came to meeting with John he was always excited to go. He involved us both in the process and made it so much fun – it was more like hanging out than a planning meeting. Jeff (my husband) might just show up knocking at John’s door asking to do it all again!

From the beginning, I was concerned that we were not going to have enough time for dancing with our reception timeline considering at most weddings it takes a few songs to “warm up the dance floor” and get everyone dancing. NOT OUR WEDDING. John filled (okay, OVER filled) the dance floor with the first song. Even my Dad was dancing….. this was the first time in my 26 years I saw him dancing to something besides a slow song with my Mom! John was great at playing music that brought everyone of all ages together.

Most of all, John kept me calm during the planning process and the day of. I’d look frazzled, next thing I knew John was right there saying, “What do you need. I’ll fix it, not you”. Wow. In all seriousness, my wine glass was empty at one point and he was there with a new glass full. John made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the exact right time.

When I first read the reviews for A2Z, I didn’t think they could be true. I researched EVERY vendor I had a ridiculous amount before signing with any of them. These reviews are all true. I really hope my friends use John for their weddings so I can go to one of his parties again!

Thank you for everything, John. You absolutely made our day even better than we dreamed of. I hope we get to see you again very soon!!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Colleen · Married on 05/11/2012

John did an amazing job! He was so great to work with, the uplighting looked incredible and our guests had a blast! I would absolutely recommend him for any event!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Ali · Married on 05/05/2012

I used A2Z Music Factory for the lighting and sound system for our wedding at Trump National Golf Club, DC. John Howard and A2Z Music Factory did an incredible job!!! I literally don't have a single negative thing to say and would recommend John to anyone. His passion for lighting is obvious from the first second you meet him. He took control of everything and I did not have to worry about a single thing. He made our room sparkle and thought of things we would need - like a microphone for the officiant and readers - that I would have totally forgotten in the midst of all the crazy planning. I am thankful for how easy it was to work with John and all the thought he put into making sure our day went perfectly. I can not say enough positive things about John and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Richard · Married on 04/21/2012

John Howard is amazing! He is the complete package. Not only was he our awesome DJ but also provided lighting which were beautiful.
    All of our guests loved the music John played throughout the reception from cocktail hour to the last song. Knowing John was highly experienced, we gave him a few songs we liked and disliked and then allowed John to take control of the music. The outcome was great! He played all the right songs and really drove the mood of the reception. Trust me, he knows music and can adapt to play any songs that fit to you.
    John also provided up lighting for our reception. The lights truly made our reception look beautfiul. The day of the wedding, he added a few more lights because he thought it would make the reception hall look better. How awesome is that! He went out of his way to put up more lights for us. Thank you John!
    To sum up my experience, John was amazing. We trusted John and he did not dissappoint but he went above and beyond our expectations. On such a busy day, all you want is to enjoy the day and not worry about anything; he will make this possible. Trust me, you will not go wrong with John as your DJ. John also can be your coordinator, lighting expert, and he provides photobooth services. If you have a question, he can find you a solution or put you in touch with the right people.

John, thank you again for everything! You are awesome!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Jill · Married on 03/31/2012

John was such a fabulous and important part of our making our wedding day so perfect! He went above and beyond to make the music, lighting, emceeing, coordination, and so many other functions he filled so smooth. He absolutely exceeded our expectations!

He was meticulous in planning beforehand to make sure every detail we wanted was in place and to keep us the same page for execution the day of. We had several meetings, in person and on Skype, and he was extremely flexible in accommodating our schedule to make each meeting count. The timeline he provided for the reception became the basis for our broader timeline for the entire wedding day and he did an amazing job keeping things moving along, filling us in on what we were doing when, knowing who was speaking, etc. The "newlywed game" he plays with the Barbie and Ken doll and couple trivia was a huge hit to make dinner more fun and get our guests ready to let loose on the dance floor.

We had a longer time frame for open dancing than typical, knowing that our friends and families love to dance and were not shy. John really kept things alive by playing songs from our pre-set lists, but also seemed to sense the crowd and played songs that kept everyone going. He was very organized with the "must" and "do not" play lists. Also, while I am not well-versed on sound equipment, my husband was extremely impressed with John's speakers, bass, light truss, etc.

The sparkler grand finale, coordinated by John, was another highlight of the night. He personally walked backwards with a spotlight on us as our friends and family said farewell, illuminating the path with sparklers. Somehow John even managed to capture one of our favorite pictures of the entire evening of the two of us, grinning ear to ear, surrounded by our friends and family as we left our reception.

We highly recommend John-he's a deejay and day of coordinator in one. While couples may not know what unexpected things may come up on your wedding day, you can take comfort in knowing that John will take care of it all so you can focus on enjoying the big day.

Sent on 04/18/2012