A2Z Music Factory Reviews

207 | Herndon, VA

207 Reviews for A2Z Music Factory

Kaleigh Rosenburg · Married on 03/14/2020

Extraordinary DJ plus so many other services

A2Z Music Factory consists of an exceptional team and provides almost everything for your event literally from A to Z. We met John and Carrie at a bridal show and chose their DJ services for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We also added on a photo booth and sparkler exit as well as uplighting based on John’s recommendation (and we are so glad we did!). The planning pieces that we loved were the in-person meetings, the worksheet to select songs for major events (e.g. processional, first dance, cake cutting, final song, etc.) and the list of the top 200 songs to mark if you like or dislike, so John knows your preferences as well as which songs you absolutely do not want played. On the day of our wedding, John worked well with our day-of-coordinator to stick to our timeline and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. He was very accommodating when we wanted to add our college’s fight song after our final song. Another idea of John’s that we loved was the last dance for the couple only, so as all our guests were outside getting ready for the sparkler exit we enjoyed a song with just the two of us as husband and wife. If you are looking for an all-in-one extraordinary DJ, I would highly recommend A2Z Music Factory.

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Milby · Married on 02/22/2020

Great DJ/Lighting!

John and the A2Z team were great to work with. He was organized and helpful through the whole process. The lighting was spectacular and truly set the mood. Our ceremony and reception were in the same room and he was able to transform the room to feel like a whole new space. He kept the dance floor going the whole night and people loved it! Highly recommend A2Z!

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Bartek · Married on 02/09/2020

Booking A2Z is a MUST!

WOW! Is all I can say when working with John and his business. He was absolutely incredible from the moment I met him at a wedding expo in DC until our big day. If I had a question or concern he was right there to answer or provide a solution. Super flexible if I needed more time to plan on my end and very patient if we needed help thinking out different scenarios. With a large wedding party we needed all the help we could get and he was right there to offer it. In addition to being responsive, helpful, and a constant resource during the planning phase he was also the reason my guests were exhausted from dancing for an entire week following the wedding. What more could you want from your DJ? Well I can think of one more thing not only were my guest having a blast it was clear that John was ecstatic to play for them making the atmosphere incredible. Whether it was classic hits from Frank Sinatra during cocktail hour or new hits from Lizzo he really hit a homerun. One more perk ( I know, I know but to do him justice I really have to sing his praises) his business offers perks such as a photo booth, pin spot lighting and spot lights to make your venue POP and really create a magical event! I went with classical warm lighting for my event but it made a world of a difference in the photographs and video. Thanks to John I had a fairytale wedding that I have always dreamed of and I couldn't be more thankful for all he has done for us.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Maylen Peña · Married on 02/08/2020

Look No Further!

A2Z Music Factory went above and beyond our expectations. We chose the gold package and added on the dancing on the clouds, sparkler entrance and the monogram. They did a superb job communicating with us throughout the wedding process and from the very beginning, they were so kind and attentive. The person who really brought it all together was our wonderful and magnificent DJ, DJ 1Life. He never had the dance floor empty, all the guests raved about the music, and he always kept such a great communication with my fiancé and I. From the very first meeting we had with him, he went over all the details and brought things to our attention that we didn’t even consider. He listened to all of our song suggestions and did very well with reading the crowd to keep the party going! His strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and his kind and attentive listening really made my fiancé and I feel valued and cared for. He really went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable, fun, and one-of-a-kind! Highly recommend DJ 1Life for your next party, wedding, or event! We can’t thank him enough!!!

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Maryam

Maryam Zamani · Married on 11/09/2019

Outstanding

Carrie was very professional, creative and helpful . She listened to what I had in mind for decorations and created beautiful so romantic and fairy tale look for the ballroom . We are very happy that we decided to hire A2Z to handle the decoration job .

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Diana

Diana Zamani · Married on 11/09/2019

Romantic lighting and decorations

The pipe and drape and lighting that they added to our ceremony made the room look like a fairy tale. We had to move our ceremony indoors last minute, and they did an incredible job getting pipe and drape up for the ceremony. Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2019

John is the best!

Hiring John as our DJ from A2Z was easily one of the best decisions we made! He was amazing from start to finish. He truly cares about his couples and wants them to have the best day possible. From our first meeting with him, John made it clear that it was our day and only our day :) We had pin spotting on our cake and donut wall, cold spark machines during dancing, and John was amazing at playing good songs and keeping the dance floor lively! It was a night we will never forget!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Jessica Searcy · Married on 09/28/2019

Best party planners in NOVA

If you are looking for a one stop shop for party planning, go ahead and contact A2Z! Literally anything you can dream of they can make it come true! You want to dance on a cloud? They can do that. You want all the pretty colored lights in a room? They got you! You want the most beautiful draping with romantic twinkle lights? Yup they do that too!! When I went in for my meeting with John (who is literally the best MC and DJ out there! Were trying to come up with a reason to have another party just to be able to hire him again because hes so awesome!!) they were building a escort card wall for a couple where you go and get your luggage tag escort card and then push this button and someone hands you champagne! It was AMAZING!
    I highly, highly recommend A2Z they are the best in business!!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Natalie Andersen · Married on 09/28/2019

Phenomenal

DJ Monica hit the crowd with the perfect mixes and blew the show away. I received numerous compliments about the music selection and would recommend A2Z to anyone who needs a professional DJ. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 11/17/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2019

DJ and Beyond!

John and his A2Z team helped us create our dream wedding! They truly cared and helped coordinate so many items (ceremony musicians, ceremony mics, cocktail hour music, DJ for the reception, facilitation of the schedule, the grand exit, etc.). It was so helpful to have a one-stop shop for so many wedding planning tasks. John also added in so many special touches, utilized his several years of experience, and helped me tailor the reception to my vision. I highly recommend A2Z!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Eric

Eric · Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic Entertainment Production Company

A2Z was extremely helpful throughout the process with many elements of our wedding. It was great to have DJ, lighting, dancefloor, dancefloor decal and pipe and drape all from one vendor. We chose a separate vendor for our photobooth but A2Z could have handled that as well.

Carrie was fantastic in helping us shape out the spacing for all of our tables and figure out how the dancefloor fits in with every other item in our event space. The lighting with the dancefloor turned out beautifully. We also added additional string lights for our rooftop terrace and A2Z was able to accommodate that the week of the wedding.

Monica was a fantastic DJ and extremely down-to-earth and helpful throughout our process. She was meticulous in getting to understand exactly what we wanted when we wanted, as we had very specific requests for different parts of the wedding. She transitioned the entire evening beautifully from the ceremony prelude, to the ceremony, cocktail hour, entrances and dancing during the reception. She was able to facilitate every obscure song request and everyone had a fantastic time!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Mihm · Married on 09/07/2019

Caroline M

Steve was an AMAZING dj!! He was upbeat and personable, which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding! I 110% recommend Steve as a dj! He was so fun to work with. He also helped us a lot with picking out songs for the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Carlos Nunez Del Prado · Married on 08/24/2019

A2Z Music Factory was worth it

John was very professional he was awesome at planning the whole party. He was great at helping and planning a lot of the tasks that wedding planning involves, he simply made it easy thanks to the experience he has. The whole night was amazing, we had so many compliments from friends and family and he made our night very special. We cant thank him and his team enough.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Thomas · Married on 07/20/2019

Professional and accommodating! Kept our dancefloor full the entire night!

We are so happy with A2Z. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly and in the end really delivered! We had DJ services in addition to lighting (which turned out great!). I must also add that they were incredibly accommodating with timelines which is so helpful during such busy times. A special shout out to our DJ Monica who was just awesome!! We had multiple aspects to our ceremony/celebration and she made each very special. During the reception our dancefloor was full the entire time, and that is thanks to her! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Madelynne

Madelynne Menendez · Married on 06/24/2019

Fantastic!!

He did a wonderful job making sure the wedding music set the tone for the event and matched our personalities. When the catering company ran out of food for myself and my husband, he went out and made sure I got to eat at my wedding. He was the absolute best!!! Can’t say enough positive things about him!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Vera · Married on 06/08/2019

I can not describe how amazing A2Z photobooth was. It was a hit at the wedding and everyone raved about it. The 2 ladies that came to help out were absolutely terrific! They were patient and so sweet and created the most memorable guestbook. They hand decorated each page and made sure every printout made it into the book. My guest were so happy to take home these little printable goodies. I wish I had also hired them for everything else they offer at weddings. I recommend them 100%.. LOVE them!!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Tyler Orpin · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!

John was such a huge help. The music he played was exactly what we wanted and was so helpful to my husband and my self for our whole wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2019

The best!

I was introduced to John and Carrie/A2Z Music through my photographer. As soon as I met John, I felt at ease and knew that he would be a lot more than just a DJ.
    His team truly went above and beyond to make our day the best ever. Before the party even started, John was there early helping to make sure the sound was perfect for my ceremony and then he moved on to completely transform the ballroom for the reception. He added the perfect amount of uplighting, showcasing our beautiful flowers and cake, he also surprised us with a white backdrop for our Kings Table.

While John was helping keeping the flow of the night, from introductions to the grand exit, Carrie helped manage the photo-booth which was a huge hit!!

We are beyond grateful for how much A2Z did for us and we highly recommend them to anyone who is planning their big day.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Lydia · Married on 05/19/2019

Great Vendor To Work With!

A2Z was so easy to work with! They provided uplighting and a photo booth for our event and everything was beautiful and perfect. Highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Lyndsey

Lyndsey · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal

A2Z and John Howard are hands down phenomenal. John was great to work with during all of our planning meeting and even more so on our wedding day. He really listened to everything we wanted and our wedding vision and helped us make that a reality. He listened to what kind of music we wanted to play during different stages of the wedding (they did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) and the kind of atmosphere we wanted at our reception and delivered on both accounts. We had an amazing party- people are still talking about how great of a time they had at our wedding and it’s 2 months later! We also used their uplights which helped set the party mood and the photo booth service and that was a blast as well! Our guests loved it and we had fun getting in there ourselves! John also suggested we play the newlywed game during our reception and we are so glad we did! It was hilarious and our guests loved it! Thank you John for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Kathryn · Married on 01/26/2019

Absolutely Magical

Working with A2Z for our wedding was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made. John took the time to truly
    get to know myself and my husband to personalize our ceremony and reception for us. He was so easy to work with and went above-and-beyond
    in all things executed. John and his team provided us with DJ services, draping, up-lighting, and John himself was like a coordinator
    during the day-of (even standing by our table to make sure no one talked to us while we ate!). We decided on having draping and lit trees for
    our ceremony to create a winter-wonderland feel (and giving us breath-taking photos), and then had them flip the room to create a romatic candle-lit reception. Everything was executed perfectly.
    I knew the by selecting to work with John and his team, there would be nothing to worry about during our ceremony and reception. We were not disappointed.
    Everyone who attended our wedding has expressed how absolutely magical everything was, and that the music and experience made it the best wedding they had ever been to.

We weren't going to do any type of special exit, but John suggested a sparkler exit, then proceeded to set it up, provide all of the materials, and even photographed our
    sparkler exit for us, giving us absolutely breathtaking photos and memories.

To add to all of this, towards the end of the wedding I was not feeling well, and John called me the next day to see how I was feeling.
    Truly I could not say enough to fully express how amazing the service and execution of everything was. John and his team are a one-stop-shop and
    they truly made our dream wedding come true. I will recommend them again and again.

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 12/07/2018

My winter wonderland vision came together flawlessly!

Carrie was so easy to work with!
    I am so thankful I was recommended to A2Z!

To save a little money I was making my own centerpieces (versus using a ton of flowers), I needed to test out my vision and Carrie let me take home all these prefabricated branches to create my centerpiece!

They also created an entire album of everyone’s photo both photos! I’m in my early 30s and this is my second marriage, a lot of my girlfriends are already married or are about to walk down the aisle and none of them have ever experienced anyone who rents out a photo booth from a company and have that company create an album. It was done with so much thoughtfulness!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Keira

Keira · Married on 12/01/2018

No one left the dance floor!

DJ Dan was outstanding. He was attentive and responsive throughout the wedding planning process and made our wedding day amazing. They have a great online resource to help you request songs and put all of the information in for your entrances and special first dances. I can honestly say that people were on the dance floor ALL night. He did a great job of selecting music choices to keep people up and having a great time the entire night. Dan even helped my sister incorporate some music into her MOH speech. I would highly recommend A2Z music factory.

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Q

Qianlei Li · Married on 10/26/2018

Dan rocks he is amazing

Omg Dan THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH YESTERDAY!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!! The dance floor wasn’t empty once and you played ALL THE SILLY SONGS we wanted.

YOU ROCK! Thank you for making our big day perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Hilary · Married on 10/26/2018

Outstanding DJ

Dan was fantastic! We only had 80 people at my son's wedding and Dan had all of us out the dance floor the entire time. Dan arrived on time and played the entire time. The variety of songs was endless. He was so flexible and kept the event moving. If you are looking for a DJ for your event hire Dan, you won't go wrong.

Sent on 11/14/2018