A2Z Music Factory Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Margaret
    Margaret T. Married on 04/23/2022

Highly Recommend!

DJ John was fantastic from start to finish! He was friendly and easy to talk to, and understood our musical preferences from the get go. His suggestions for songs for the mother-son dance and the bride/groom's last dance were perfect.

John's flexibility was clear both with the postponement of our reception due to COVID, and setting up microphones and speakers for the ceremony and reception. He also downloaded recordings made by my church organist who was unavailable for the actual reception, as well as the karaoke track to a Broadway song for me to sing with my sister at the reception.

I was really impressed with the way DJ John took care of my husband and me throughout the day. He made sure we had water after taking pictures outside, and checked on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I received many compliments about the music selections and the pacing of the reception as well. The songs that were chosen fit the personalities of my husband and me, as well as the crowd that was in attendance.

I HIGHLY recommend A2Z music factory!
    Michelle P. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing people to work with

DJ1Life and A2Z were amazing to work with. From the uplighting, photobooth, and amazing playlist that DJ1Life put together, our wedding was everything we had imagined and more! They were even flexible when we had to move our wedding date due to the pandemic and even added some last minute uplighting to the periphery of the venue 2 weeks before the wedding date. I highly recommend them for anyone wedding planning!
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 09/10/2021

Professional, reliable, and wonderful experience with A2Z!

DJ Monica & the AV tech were absolute pros and completely transformed the space with their lighting and music. Monica was particularly great - very organized, responsive, and totally awesome at reading the crowd! She was a huge hit and made our wedding perfect! Great value and everything went perfectly - we highly recommend going with A2Z Music Factory for your lighting/AV/DJ needs!
    Byron H. Married on 07/31/2021

Great experience, great fun!

Steve and the team at A2Z were incredible throughout the process. I loved working with them, and they made sure the party never stopped at our wedding. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs a wedding DJ in the Northern Virginia area!
    Gabby M. Married on 06/27/2021

Our wedding was EPIC thanks to A2Z and John Howard!

Let me start by saying…now I know that great DJs actually exists!
    I’ll explain a little. Throughout my life, pretty much every event I’ve ever attended to was kind of ruined by the DJ; and since I come from really bad experiences with terrible DJs, I was significantly worry about our wedding music especially the reception part. We’re an older couple, Latin and wanted great dancing music including some from the 80s and 90s. And WOW…the big, white, awesome John totally KNOCK IT OUT OF THE PARK!!!
    He gave us the most incredible, unforgettable, super FUN wedding! John is the master of the masters of DJs and truly knows how to read a crowd! The dance floor was always full. All our guests were raving about the music and continue to say that our wedding was a BLAST!
    Furthermore, A2Z did an outstanding job with the DRAPING and LIGHTING…They made our ceremony room so beautiful with an intimate romantic vibe. During the cocktail hour they flip the room for our reception and I was brought in to see the room just before the guests were going to be brought in. I could not believe my eyes…I was in complete AWE and tears staring coming down. I don’t know how they do it, but A2Z had transformed the room into the most amazing, incredibly gorgeous place, it was MAGICAL and totally excided all our expectations by a lot!!
    All their equipment is state-of-the-art, they definitely have the lates and greatest. The design of the draping was impeccable and just breath-taking! And the lighting WOW, the lighting was to die for. The up lighting was gorgeous, but the Pin Spot Lighting made everything look like a million dollars!!
    Also, John is a wonderful team player and very respectful of his fellow vendors and venue staff. His only goal; to ensure an absolutely amazing and flowless event; and that is what he gave us!
    John Howard and all A2Z personnel truly go above and beyond to deliver the most unbelievable experience with the cherry on the top! I’ll be recommending A2Z and John Howard forever 😊
    To John and all the A@Z staff that made our wedding a very happy wedding day and an absolute success…THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALWAYS!!!
  • Joshua
    Joshua S. Married on 06/18/2021

We had a great DJ!

DJ Steve was great! He was very flexible and helped with hiccups on the day of to help us make sure we had a wonderful day.
    Caitlin M. Married on 05/08/2021

Show-stopping Lighting and Draping

We hired A2Z for our wedding at Salamander for our draping and lighting. Both were spectacular. Highly recommend A2Z for your lighting and draping needs. They truly transform a room!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 05/01/2021

First-Class Wedding DJ

There will never be enough positive things I could say about John from A2Z. From the moment we got in contact to the very end of our day, John went above and beyond. He was an amazing DJ- there is truly no competition. I am not the best at anything music related, so I wanted to comment on everything else John did. He sat through hour long phone calls prior to the event just to make sure the music was everything we wanted it to be. He checked in on us numerous times throughout the day to make sure we were taken care of. He even brought us our meals and drinks throughout the reception because he knew we didn't set aside time to eat or drink. None of these actions were required of John, yet he did them anyway. There is no doubt in my mind that John a big part of why our day ran so smoothly. Thank you, John!
    B Married on 03/27/2021

Small Wedding Win

A2Z Music Factory made a small wedding feel open, fun, and accessible to those who were unable to attend. As the number of guests were restricted due to local regulations, John stepped up and provided numerous live-streaming options for us very late in the process. The result was that people who were unable to travel were able to watch the ceremony, which was truly important to us. Once the ceremony was over, John made every effort to make sure that we were comfortable throughout the wedding, going above and beyond what either of us could have expected. This continued throughout the reception and to the send-off. John’s friendliness, professionalism, and charisma helped make our wedding as stress free and special as possible.
  • Charnele
    Charnele B. Married on 12/31/2020

Micro wedding perfection!

We contacted A2Z 2 weeks before our wedding, as we were frantically replanning a small, covid friendly wedding after postponing our June 2020 wedding. They were so easy to work with and connected us with DJ Steve. DJ Steve was amazing! He got our vibe, played all our favorite music and really made our wedding feel like it was meant to happen the way it did! Dj Steve really made everything come together so perfectly! We would totally recommend working with Steve and A2Z if you are looking to have perfect wedding! They also did an amazing job with live streaming our ceremony! We would hire them again in a heart beat!
  • Geraldine
    Geraldine Married on 11/14/2020

Steve was flexible, energetic and easy to work with!

I initially booked A2Z because of the good reviews and the variety of services they provided. We were able to get a good package that included DJ for our ceremony and reception, speakers, uplighting and a sparkler exit. They offer even more than that too. What I didn't know when I initially booked them was who our DJ would be. Our DJ ended up being Steve Perez, and he was perfect for our wedding! Steve and I had a couple of calls before our wedding day and went through every detail of the wedding. He was immediately easy-going and open to ideas and songs that he hadn't heard before. He offered me advice and got to know our personal tastes to know which direction to go with the reception. I made some last minute changes during the week of the wedding and he accommodated them without question. During the ceremony, we had an unexpected event that changed the whole flow/timeline. Steve adapted quickly and well. Steve recommended and made changes, communicated well with the team, me, and my party, and took a lot of the burden off of me so I could enjoy the day. He was energetic throughout the reception and kept the dancing going! He checked in with us during the whole day to see if he could do anything for us - in addition to his DJing. Steve is an absolute gem and you definitely want him as part of your team. He worked hard and truly supported us on our big day. He was definitely one of my favorite vendors to work with.
  • Maddie
    Maddie Married on 11/13/2020

5 Stars All Around!

After finding out they were one of our venue's preferred vendors, I was excited to see such glowing reviews on this site. I will recommend them to everyone I can that is looking for a DJ or lighting, or pretty much anything needed for an event. They have it all! Carrie was great with questions, leading up to our wedding, and our DJ Steve Perez was amazing. He had very helpful tips when we met with him before the big day, and his personality definitely worked well with us. It was important for us that our DJ was bilingual due to my husband's family being Hispanic, and it was so great that he was able to ensure that everyone knew what was going on the entire night. He was a pleasure to work with, and checked in with us before and during the evening to ensure that we were having the best time ever (and we were!). My highlight was when he came over with a drink for me during pictures, it was very much appreciated!
  • Kirstan
    Kirstan L. Married on 10/17/2020

Great livestream vendor!

We hired A2Z as a last minute vendor to livestream our covid-friendly wedding. Brandon was professional and knew his product inside & out. The quality of the video and sound was impeccable for those who couldn’t join us in person. And I’m thrilled that he recorded it so my husband & I can watch it whenever we’d like. Thank you, Brandon & team!
    Samantha S. Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Event

From beginning to end A2Z was nothing but spectacular. If you don’t know where to start, don’t worry, they will do it all for you! If you have a last minute change, even if it’s the day of your event, that’s okay, because guess what, they accommodate that change with no hesitation. Not only an amazing DJ but especially fun to work with. I highly highly suggest their sparklers and uplighting.
    Grant Married on 10/03/2020

10 out of 5 stars, easily!

A2Z Music Factory provided lighting, special effect, and event production design services for my reception in DC and they absolutely, 100%, hands-down made the event unforgettable!!! From the very beginning, John helped design, curate, and execute an experience for our guests they will never forget.

John’s team provided premium lighting solutions and indoor sparkler fireworks just to name a few. Their equipment is all professional grade, wireless, and LED based and things were configured to exactly to the specifications we requested. Their team showed up on-time, setup everything without a hitch, and were so polite. The indoor fireworks were really the talk of the entire event among our guests. John’s team had the sparklers set and triggered at exactly the right moments in our first dance and during the open dance floor that we got the most amazing pictures. You will be beyond pleased anytime you work with John and A2Z and your guests will be so amazed at their quality of service and production value. I cannot recommend A2ZMusicFactory enough!
  • Julia
    Julia K. Married on 09/12/2020

A2Z Music Factory is absolutely amazing!!!

For us, a DJ was a major factor for a wedding since they basically run the party, and John exceeded our wildest expectations! He met with us multiple times before and played everything we wanted, as well as keeping the party going and making sure everyone had a great time. We had multiple guests tell us how great the DJ was. He will really go the extra mile for your wedding!
    Ashley P. Married on 09/06/2020

Incredible company to work with!

John at A2Z was amazing to work with! My husband and I had to change our Wedding date due to the pandemic, and John was more than accommodating. We decided at the very last minute to live-stream our Wedding Ceremony, and John made it happen! John's love for what he does shines through, and he truly helped us create some really special moments. We had so much fun during our planning meetings with John, and can't recommend A2Z enough!
    Catherine L. Married on 09/05/2020

The best DJ ever

We had DJ Steve from A2Z music company and absolutely loved him, he was our my husband and I’s favorite vendor. We had the highest level package so A2Z handled the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. DJ Steve did a fantastic job and was very thorough in getting to know me and my husband to create the best experience for our wedding. I would definitely recommend this company!
  • Chelsie
    Chelsie R. Married on 08/22/2020

This team is Fantastic!!!

From the first conversation with had with John from A2Z, we knew this wedding was going to be exactly what we had hoped for in regards to the music! John is so knowledgeable and he truly puts an emphasis on the importance of it being the bride and groom's day to shine and pick music that they want to dance to on their wedding day. The ceremony music was gorgeous, and his team are truly chameleons in how they can transition between the ceremony and reception music. My husband was very particular about the vibe he wanted for the cocktail hour and the reception, and John completely nailed it! In all of our communications, John was extremely receptive, but also incredibly detailed in leading us through every minute of the wedding day to ensure we had every moment covered with the right music for the moments. When we were stuck, he was able to shoot ideas at us immediately on the spot to help fill the gaps. We also ended up using his team for our draping and lighting in the venue, which honestly just made the entire ambiance!! They completely brought my idea to life, and I cannot imagine a more beautiful ceremony and reception thanks to their hard work on pulling that altogether. My husband and I made that call fairly last minute, and John made sure it was perfect. Overall a 10/10. We loved working with this team and I will absolutely recommend them to everyone we know that is coming up on a wedding! Thank you John and A2Z!
    Leyli B. Married on 08/01/2020

Out of This World Experience

Wow. I don’t even know where to start without getting so emotional. It literally DOES NOT GET BETTER than John and A2Zmusicfactory.
    If you want to make your night a memorable one, look no further. No one will work harder to ensure your event’s success than John and his team. NO ONE!
    From set up to tear down, from the beginning to the end, you will be impressed. State of the art equipment with unmatched skills is the recipe for an event you won't forget. Wedding drapery, backdrop, pin spots, indoor and outdoor firework sparkles, monogram on the dance floor- WE HAD IT ALL BECAUSE OF JOHN. John is the best DJ ever!!! He made the wedding flow and added pure magic to our day! He is truly passionate about what he does, he is easygoing, friendly, and his attention to detail is sublime! Our wedding was so much fun, our guests are still raving about the music and atmosphere! Omg, the photo booth was a hit. All their equipment is top notch. John also provided an additional Zoom service for people who couldn’t join us because of the pandemic. The whole set up was pure perfection. He exceeded all of our expectations. He blew our minds off. If you are having an event, kick it up a notch and call John. My highest recommendation! Literally from A to Z, sit back and relax and get it all covered!!!
    Kaleigh R. Married on 03/14/2020

Extraordinary DJ plus so many other services

A2Z Music Factory consists of an exceptional team and provides almost everything for your event literally from A to Z. We met John and Carrie at a bridal show and chose their DJ services for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We also added on a photo booth and sparkler exit as well as uplighting based on John’s recommendation (and we are so glad we did!). The planning pieces that we loved were the in-person meetings, the worksheet to select songs for major events (e.g. processional, first dance, cake cutting, final song, etc.) and the list of the top 200 songs to mark if you like or dislike, so John knows your preferences as well as which songs you absolutely do not want played. On the day of our wedding, John worked well with our day-of-coordinator to stick to our timeline and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. He was very accommodating when we wanted to add our college’s fight song after our final song. Another idea of John’s that we loved was the last dance for the couple only, so as all our guests were outside getting ready for the sparkler exit we enjoyed a song with just the two of us as husband and wife. If you are looking for an all-in-one extraordinary DJ, I would highly recommend A2Z Music Factory.
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 02/22/2020

Great DJ/Lighting!

John and the A2Z team were great to work with. He was organized and helpful through the whole process. The lighting was spectacular and truly set the mood. Our ceremony and reception were in the same room and he was able to transform the room to feel like a whole new space. He kept the dance floor going the whole night and people loved it! Highly recommend A2Z!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn B. Married on 02/09/2020

Booking A2Z is a MUST!

WOW! Is all I can say when working with John and his business. He was absolutely incredible from the moment I met him at a wedding expo in DC until our big day. If I had a question or concern he was right there to answer or provide a solution. Super flexible if I needed more time to plan on my end and very patient if we needed help thinking out different scenarios. With a large wedding party we needed all the help we could get and he was right there to offer it. In addition to being responsive, helpful, and a constant resource during the planning phase he was also the reason my guests were exhausted from dancing for an entire week following the wedding. What more could you want from your DJ? Well I can think of one more thing not only were my guest having a blast it was clear that John was ecstatic to play for them making the atmosphere incredible. Whether it was classic hits from Frank Sinatra during cocktail hour or new hits from Lizzo he really hit a homerun. One more perk ( I know, I know but to do him justice I really have to sing his praises) his business offers perks such as a photo booth, pin spot lighting and spot lights to make your venue POP and really create a magical event! I went with classical warm lighting for my event but it made a world of a difference in the photographs and video. Thanks to John I had a fairytale wedding that I have always dreamed of and I couldn't be more thankful for all he has done for us.
    Maylen P. Married on 02/08/2020

Look No Further!

A2Z Music Factory went above and beyond our expectations. We chose the gold package and added on the dancing on the clouds, sparkler entrance and the monogram. They did a superb job communicating with us throughout the wedding process and from the very beginning, they were so kind and attentive. The person who really brought it all together was our wonderful and magnificent DJ, DJ 1Life. He never had the dance floor empty, all the guests raved about the music, and he always kept such a great communication with my fiancé and I. From the very first meeting we had with him, he went over all the details and brought things to our attention that we didn’t even consider. He listened to all of our song suggestions and did very well with reading the crowd to keep the party going! His strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and his kind and attentive listening really made my fiancé and I feel valued and cared for. He really went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable, fun, and one-of-a-kind! Highly recommend DJ 1Life for your next party, wedding, or event! We can’t thank him enough!!!
  • Maryam
    Maryam Z. Married on 11/09/2019

Outstanding

Carrie was very professional, creative and helpful . She listened to what I had in mind for decorations and created beautiful so romantic and fairy tale look for the ballroom . We are very happy that we decided to hire A2Z to handle the decoration job .