A1A Ale Works Reviews

Fran S. Getting married on 03/03/2023

see attached note

Hartmann/Strickland Rehearsal Lunch
    Hi Barb,
    Just want to thank you again for all your help on March 26th. The room was lovely and the food was great! You and your staff were very kind and helpful.
    Sincerely,
    Fran Strickland
  • W
    Wendy L. Married on 06/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Helped me with the plans for my event.

Working with Barbara Herman made things go smooth for me. The night of the event the staff was very pleasant and went out of their way to make sure everything was there that we needed.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Bianca
    Bianca M. Married on 05/10/2021

Great to work with!

This was an amazing experience from start to end Barbara was so detailed and extremely efficient with her job. She was supportive and willing to make everything exactly perfect. LOVED everything!
    Anna Z. Married on 02/27/2021

Our wedding

We are very happy that we choose A1A for our wedding reception. It was absolutely incredible experience from the beginning to the big day. The whole crew was very helpful, pleasant and highly professional. The food very very delicious and I couldn't wish for better service. We are absolutely satisfied with A1A and recommend them to everybody!
    Kyle B. Married on 02/10/2021

Spectacular.

Barbara and Jennifer make a great team at a truly gorgeous venue. We couldn't have had a better wedding.
  • Shelly
    Shelly C. Married on 01/29/2021

Great service!

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Sala Menendez Room and it was great! The staff at A1A were so kind and always responded promptly via email if I had any questions. They were also so nice and willing to reschedule our event due to Covid. They allowed me to set up my decor the day prior and I really appreciated that. A lot of my guests loved the food! It was a nice intimate event and my guests were able to enjoy the courtyard and lights.
    Jeanne B. Married on 09/12/2020

Bradburn Rehearsal Dinner

Everthing was perfect from start to finish! Barbara was wonderful, kind and supportive as she guided us through the entire process. The evening of the event went so smoothly with no problems at all. The staff was delightful and it was an enjoyable evening for all! Will recommend Barbara and A1A to all. Thanks to All!!
    Allison Married on 07/31/2020

Covid bride

I have always loved this restaurant and their Bawyview room was absolutely perfect for our wedding. As a covid bride I had the absolute horror of the restaurant being shut down for months before the wedding, only opening barely a month before the wedding. A MONTH. And Barb, the event coordinater we worked with before the pandemic did not return to work, or at least not before the wedding. However, you really wouldn't have noticed! We were given until 5 days before the wedding to give our guest count, instead of the month required in normal times, thank goodness because we had sooooo many drop outs. Michelle who I believe works at the sister company was able to coordinate with the team at the restaurant all of our requests. We were able to switch a salad for their to die for ale cheese soup. And switch in a wine for moscato which is more my taste. The team at the venue was friendly in the days leading up and after for set up and tear down and were soo helpful as well! Everything went off without a hitch and despite out 29 guest count, the party was great and the room still felt the perfect size. They were also cool with my request for a live wedding painter which was amazing!!
    Liya G. Married on 04/01/2020

Our perfect wedding

Everyone was great and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! We're so very thankful!!
  • Jillian
    Jillian H. Married on 01/11/2020

10/10 Recommend!

We had an absolutely incredible experience partnering with A1A Ale Works for our wedding reception. Barbara and Jennifer were a pleasure to work with. They coordinated every detail with ease, the food was delicious and they always let us peek in and see the room when we would visit prior to our big day! That was such a little touch, but as a bride who spent most of the planning period living out of state, I always loved getting a glimpse of the room we would use on our big day! Also, they were so encouraging on the actual wedding day and made sure my husband and I had a little plate of appetizers and plenty of food set aside - which we desperately needed and appreciated! For a St. Augustine wedding, I couldn't think of anywhere else I would have my reception. Truly a part of a dream team of vendors!
  • Steven
    Steven G. Married on 01/07/2020

Couldn’t have been better

Barbra worked perfectly and tirelessly to make everything work for us. The bartenders made great drinks, the cooks made delicious food, our DJ played awesome music, and it’s all because we had the best room to celebrate our reception. I do recommend using the Wedding Authority for the ceremony because Carla/Ashley and Barbra works hand and hand to make your day spectacular.
    Jennifer S. Married on 10/12/2019

Like Family

From the very beginning of our planning Barbara & Jennifer worked with us to truly understand our vision. They offered their suggestions and advice which truly helped us plan the perfect reception. They played a tremendous part of our overall happiness! The venue of the Sala Menendez room was perfect for our intimate wedding. A great historical setting. The venue and details were set up perfectly from our wishes. Everyone loved the food! We heard so many compliments from our guests on the taste and presentation. The staff was fantastic with making sure every guest was welcomed and cared for. Thank you for especially handling those unexpected moments. Your professionalism and caring for us ... truly grateful! The staff made us feel like family! I Highly recommend A1A Aleworks for any special occasion.
  • Juana
    Juana C. Married on 08/04/2019

Wonderful Rehearsal Dinner

Barbara Herman and the entire staff at A1A Ale Works made the rehearsal dinner for my son’s wedding fantastic. Barbara was always available to discuss anything and everything. The food was delicious, the Sala Menedez room was gorgeous. This experience was the most worry free event of the entire wedding weekend. Thank you, Barbara.
  • Lisa
    Lisa M. Married on 06/29/2019

Great venue

My husband and I had our reception in the Bayview Room. It was fantastic for our midsized wedding. Great food, great waitstaff, and great feel in the room. Barb Herman checked on me frequently throughout the evening and made sure I was happy. What an amazing experience!!
    Lynda M. Married on 06/28/2019

The MacDonald/Boggess Wedding Rehearsal Dinner- June 28, 2019

We cannot be happier with our experience working with Barbara and her entire staff at A1A Ale Works. Our Son and Daughter-in-law’s rehearsal dinner was absolutely perfect, Due to Barbara’s attentiveness, living out of state did not hinder our planning and execution. The room was beautiful and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. We highly recommend the venue and definitely suggest that you include the balcony as well. Thank you Barbara and your awesome team. Our guests had a wonderful evening and made a point of complementing our choice of A1A Ale Works for the celebration!
  • Paulette
    Paulette P. Married on 06/28/2019

Wedding Reception at Sala Menendez Room

We had a reception for 50 wedding guests in the Sala Menendez Room at the Lighter Museum. The food selection was incredible. We chose the seated dinner option, with 2 butler passed appetizers. We also had the beer/wine package. Barbara and the staff were excellent. Everything was perfect!
    Susan C. Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing experience

I couldn’t be more thrilled with my experience, from start to finish. Barbara, Jennifer, and the entire serving staff, made it such a memorable, perfect day! From my initial tour, to the tasting, to answering all my emails, questions and changes...they were so accommodating. I don’t believe anyone else could have come close to delivering the level of service that we received. I had high expectations for such an exciting and important day and they truly exceeded them all. You will feel as though you have someone in your corner to make sure you are not just happy, but thrilled 100% of the time!
    Katelyn Married on 01/26/2019

Per-fec-tion

Oh my goodness I don’t have one bad thing to say about A1A Ale Works. From location to food, set up and break down this venue is hands down one of the best! My husband was deployed during most of the planning and Barbara made it so much easier and helped me throughout the whole process. They set up the reception for us and broke it down and that took so much anxiety and stress off my and our families plate since most of the wedding was DIY. The food was great and there was not one part of the night that me or my guests felt like we weren’t taken care of by either her or her staff. They were extremely professional and very tentative to our wants and needs. Barbara really listened to what I wanted for our special night and really made my dream a reality. I could not thank her or her staff enough for how seamless and magical they made our night.
    Sabrina A. Married on 01/25/2019

Anderson Wedding

Barbara and her team are fantastic! We had our reception here and could not believe how good they treated us! Everything was great and we couldn’t of asked for more! Thank you again for making our special day perfect!!
    Bailey C. Married on 01/19/2019

Amazingly Beautiful

Barbara Herman was our event coordinator and she went above and beyond! She made planning our wedding so easy that it took all the stress away! She is so kind and wants everything to be just as we want it. She is very kind, quick to respond to emails or calls, and always willing to help! I loved working with her and the Sala Mendez room was beautiful!
    Johanna F. Married on 12/28/2018

Absolutely outstanding!

We knew we were looking for a venue that was able to accommodate an intimate reception and from the moment we met Barbara we knew we had found our space! She has been a complete dream to work with - professional, kind, caring and super responsive and willing to roll with last minute changes! We had a wonderful wedding and we have received so many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best weddings they ever attended and we know that we owe it to Barbara and her team! Thank you for making our day so very special and for being absolutely outstanding to work with! I would recommend this venue, Barbara and all her staff to anyone looking for a venue in St. Augustine!

Johanna and Ash
  • Denisse
    Denisse Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful Venue

I had my reception at the Bayview Room all the staff was great and really attentive. My guest won't stop talking about how great the food was specially the tortellini and the mixed vegetables. Barbara was also great during the whole planning process always available to answer any questions I had.
    I was so happy how everything turned out not to mention the room it self it's beautiful. We also rented out the balcony which has an amazing view of the bridge of lions and downtown St. Augustine
    Monica Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing venue!

I had my rehearsal dinner at the A1A aleworks bayview room this past weekend and everything was absolutely perfect! Barbara was a pleasure to work with from the start- shes quick to respond, accommodating, experienced and so nice to work with while planning an event. She took so much time with us to go over the menu, the logistics, the decor and truly listened to what we envisioned. The dinner was great and all the guests were raving about the venue and the food. I cant say enough good things about Barbara and her team. Definitely book with A1A aleworks for any event, you wont be disappointed!
    Maeve S. Married on 10/13/2018

Our Wedding

We planned our wedding in St Augustine from Philly and Barbara made that easy for us! Very flexible and always responded to emails timely. The room was perfect for dancing, which our families did most of the night! The food was delicious and all staff working that night were very helpful! We could not have asked for a better place to hold our reception!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message