A Villa Louisa Reviews

109 | Bolton, CT

109 Reviews for A Villa Louisa

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2013

We loved A Viila Louisa. We had a fabulous wedding. All our guests loved the food. Lana the wedding coordinator was great to work with. Everything was perfect. We would definitely recommend A Villa Louisa!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Lynsey · Married on 09/28/2013

Choosing A Villa Louisa was the best choice that my husband and I made. From the moment we found it we knew it was a hidden gem. We had never heard about them before, but after visiting and meeting with Lana, we were hooked and wished we had known about it for years. Lana's expertise and flexibility was amazing. She was incredibly knowledgeable and honest with us and helped us make many of those tricky decisions. She made sure that we felt comfortable and involved in absolutely every step of the process and the fact that everything was included in their packages was such a fabulous extra. My family and friends are still talking about the delicious food too. It was so good that we will be visiting soon for Sunday brunch. My husband and I honestly still talk about A Villa Louisa and the incredible job that they did and especially at how amazing the price was for everything that we got. The service, quality, and caliber of everything that we experienced was beyond our wildest dreams. We highly recommend A Villa Louisa to any and all brides and grooms who are looking for the best venue in New England.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

Everything was fantastic we couldn't have asked for a better wedding! We received so many positive compliments on the venue. Good was excellent! Lana the event coordinator was awesome. She always responded to my calls/emails right away and was so easy to work with.

Sent on 10/17/2013

It has been a few months since our wedding and I am still so happy thinking back to the day. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo and then the reception following. All of our guests loved the food and we received numerous compliments from everyone. Not only were the grounds absolutely stunning the service was excellent. I was the last of four to get married and my mom still tells everyone how this was the best. Although the other venues were nice A Villa Louisa was right there with them and for half the price. Coming from a family in the service industry and a brother who is a head chef in Boston this is a huge compliment!

Lana was truly amazing! The day before I was worried about something and needed to go to A Villa Louisa to put something together and Lana made herself available so I could have peace of mind. There was nothing I could pick out that I would have changed. Everything came together beautiful and we couldn't have made it this easy without the help of Lana and the staff at A Villa Louisa! I would recommend this venue to anyone! And I hope years down the road we will be able to go back and renew our vows:) thanks for everything A Villa Louisa!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Lana and the staff at Villa Louisa were amazing. They helped make my special day flow smoothly. The facility is beautiful and very affordable.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Cynthia · Married on 08/04/2013

I had many compliments of how everything was put together. I know of other people who did events there after I had my wedding. Everyone enjoyed themselves. They loved the food and the environment. They loved the whole setting and said the place was beautiful. I couldn't have agreed more.

Sent on 10/26/2013

The · Married on 07/07/2013

We loved A Villa Louisa!! Our guests raved about the food, both quantity and quality. Our day was perfect. The venue was easily understood, fairly priced and no additional costs were added behind our backs. It was very straight forward. Many things were included in the price which is the main reason why we chose A Villa Louisa over other places. Our only down fall was our DJ. He was one of the many suggested DJ's made by A Villa Louisa, however we did not consider this a fault of A Villa Louisa but rather the DJ's. All in all, great place, great food, attentive service and we loved Lana our wedding coordinator :)

Sent on 10/19/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/29/2013

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception at this venue. It was perfect. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect and the food was FANTASTIC! Very affordable and beautiful grounds. Truly a hidden gem :)

The Almeida's

Sent on 10/16/2013

Our wedding day was everything we hoped for and more! We loved the venue, the staff, the food was delicious and truly had an amazing time! The venue fit our budget and the staff went above and beyond to accomodate our every need. Lana made it all happen and we are truly greatful for everything!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Crystal · Married on 10/27/2012

My wedding coordinator was simply awesome! Price was right, food was great! Their perfectly manicured grounds made for stunning photos.

Sent on 01/14/2017

A Villa Louisa's reply:

Hi Crystal,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future :)

Sincerely,
    Management & Staff

Julie · Married on 06/16/2012

A Villa Louisa went above and beyond to ensure my reception was perfect. They were easy to work with and very flexible. I was able to customize my package and include foods that were not on their menu, at no extra charge. The food was delicious and there was a LOT of it!

I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/04/2012
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2012

I can not say enough wonderful things about A Villa Louisa! We had the most amazing wedding because of them. Our ceremony was held out back at the gazebo, and the flowers and landscaping were absolutely beautiful. Everything was perfect! And our reception was even more amazing! The food was so good, and everyone continues to tell us how good it was. Not to mention the amount of food!!! They made sure our guests never ran out of food - no one left hungry. I felt like they bent over backwards for us. Everything we told them that was important to us, they heard and made sure it was all taken care of. We didn't worry about a thing! You can even see some of our reception pics on the video that is located on their website. I love going back and looking at it. It was an amazing night! Thank you everyone at A Villa Louisa!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Nina · Married on 08/11/2018

I would HIGHLY recommend A Villa Louis for any event! You are going to be in very good hands with ALL of the staff. They really know how to make your special day all about you. From start to finish they were there responding to all of my emails and voicemails and always willing to meet with me in preparation to our big day. They were very flexible and understanding when little issues would pop up and were helpful in trying to help you out with their expertise and experience. Our guests were very impressed with the venue and the service, and we are still getting compliments about the food and desert. We are planning on going back to A Villa Louisa for Sunday Brunches and for any of our future large parties. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Except maybe the weather, but with their expansive grounds and pretty gazebo we made it work AND the staff came out and got our drink orders in the rain and everything. We are so happy we decided to trust A Villa Louisa for our special day, because they helped make it so memorable.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2012

I would highly recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone planning a wedding or special event. Cory, our event coordinator, was willing to work with us to make our dream Hallowedding a reality. We asked for a vegetarian menu and we got it - the food was very well received by all of the guests. We also requested that the staff wear masquerade masks to match our theme, and they were very willing to do so. We looked at several CT venues, and A Villa Louisa had the best price along with a nice but neutral decor (no floral wallpaper/rugs here!). It was the perfect setting for our fall wedding, with a gazebo out back for the ceremony and a fireplace-lit room for the reception. We chose a package that included food, open bar, wine on the tables, cake, cocktail hors d'oeurves and more, and it was the most reasonably priced package we found anywhere. The best part was that we didn't have to skimp on quality. Cory was helpful, and she invited us and our parents to a free open house to try the food/wine/champagne/cakes. We were also able to do a free meal tasting with our best man and maid of honor, which was a real treat. I'll admit that this venue was last on our list when we did an original web search, but I'm so happy we took the time to visit it in person - the photos online don't do it justice. The only downside for the venue is the location, as there aren't any hotels super close. However, none of our guests had an issue staying in Manchester and other towns.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Jeannette · Married on 09/09/2018

A Villa Louisa did a fantastic job with our wedding day! I would not change one thing! Lana, Harold and the team were organized,pleasant to work with and were great to us and our guests. The food was delicious, the bartender professional and fun and the beautiful gazebo was a perfect place for our ceremony. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/24/2018

A · Married on 04/07/2018

Amazing service, food, patience and responsiveness

So happy with our choice. Great food, great service, beautiful, clean, affordable. Wonderful and helpful staff!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Amber · Married on 10/21/2017

I had my wedding on October 21st in the Sunset Room. Everything was perfect, food was amazing, guests commented on how tasty everything was as well. I want to especially say that Harold was fantastic as our wedding coordinator, he made sure everything was perfect and went smoothly. We are so grateful to him for making sure all the details went smoothly! Harold brought appetizers to my husband and I while we had our photos taken outside, and brought plates of food to our table once dinner was ready (we had buffet style) so that we could sit and enjoy our time together. The venue was a perfect fit for what we wanted. Special thank you to Harold!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Elaine · Married on 09/21/2017

The staff was great from start to finish. They were very accommodating and met all our needs. We highly recommend this venue to others for weddings. Pricing was affordable.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2017

Wow! They are a great business! From the beginning to the end it was a great experience. Everything pulled together perfectly. We were very happy. Harold is so great he is willing to work with whatever you throw his way. They food was amazing. All of our guests were very impressed.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

BOOK IT! We really loved having our wedding here-from the process of deciding which venue to choose till the moment we left the night of our wedding. Everything was so well thought out and everyone loved the food.

Sent on 07/12/2016

A Villa Louisa's reply:

Congratulations again to you Ashley and your husband! It was an honor to be a part of this amazing celebration toward your new beginning. Thank you kindly for taking the time to express your experience here with us. We look forward to sharing many new ventures with you here in the near future.

Sincerely,
    Ownership & Staff of A Villa Louisa

Shannon · Married on 06/25/2016

This venue is so beautiful and such a great value. We were looking for a nice place that would keep us on budget and Villa Louisa exceeded our expectations. The staff is so helpful and so accommodating. I must have emailed them 100 times before our big day and they always got back to me quickly and answered all my questions with great detail. I would definitely recommend it for a rehearsal dinner or wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Lea · Married on 05/23/2015

3.5

Beautiful venue, food was delicious, staff was great!!! What more could we ask for :)

Sent on 07/05/2015

Linda · Married on 07/20/2013

3.5

We had a small wedding in the Sunset Room at A Villa Louisa. This room fits about 60 people. It has a separate small bar room as well. The room was ok, the bar was much enjoyed and allowed people to split off from the area with the DJ and mingle.We also had an outside porch, which was lovely. The downside of the Sunset room is a large post that blocked the view for one of my tables. The other inconvenience was that there is no dressing room for the bridal party, but in the end we were able to use the one for the larger room as that party did not start til later.
    The most outstanding feature of the venue was the food. It was by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding- and we have been to a lot of weddings. We rearranged the components of their set menu, and were able to have what we wanted at a great price- very reasonable, including open bar. We switched the included cake to an ice cream bar, and asked them to rent a slushy machine for wine slushies. They were so accommodating with every request. Every single appetizer, entrée and side dish was wonderful. We had the buffet which allowed everyone to have whatever they wanted, and I am so glad we did the buffet instead of plated.
    We had our ceremony there as well, at the beautiful gazebo. The plantings that they have outside are lovely, we did not need further decorations. We decorated the tables and didn't need anything else, the room is very pretty. We did have one glitch with the tables- the table numbers were placed incorrectly, so my family ended up behind the pole where they couldn't see anything. By the time I came in and saw this it was too late to move people.
    Overall, it was a great venue and we had a wonderful time. I would recommend them for a smaller party like ours, or a bigger party as their larger room is very nice as well.

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • O

Ohemaa · Married on 09/29/2018

3.0

Excellent service and good listeners

Nelson and I would love to thank Harold and Lana so so much for all their help and assistance planning our big day. The venue is very photogenic and well maintained. The outside gazebo setting was beautiful and perfect for our wedding ceremony and we held the reception in their grand ballroom. They really take care of their wedding party and the food was exceptional; we have heard back from several attendees and they raved about the food. Their entire waiting staff was also very professional.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jaime · Married on 10/07/2016

Villa Louisa is a beatiful location for a wedding ceremony and reception. The outdoors gazebo area and beautiful scenery are breath taking. The good is great all our guests were Raving about it.

Sent on 10/30/2016