A Sweet Design Reviews

A Sweet Design 2
A Sweet Design 3

Henry · Getting married on 04/20/2019

A Sweet Design Bakery

This place is wonderful. They give you several samples to taste before you order.

• Yaritza

Yaritza · Married on 11/04/2018

Beautiful & Delicious!

A Sweet Design is incredible! I ordered my semi-naked wedding cake here in chocolate fudge and it was delicious everyone talked about how yummy the cake was. I also ordered cake pops & mini cupcakes for the dessert table and they were as good as they were cute!! I loved this place from the moment we had our cake tasting consultation. Would definitely come again for future cakes!

Estelle · Married on 03/31/2018

A Sweet Design is the BEST bakery in the San Fernando Valley. Hands down. Their cakes and sweets are absolutely amazing. I will never use any other bakery for any of my cake needs. They outdid themselves when making our wedding cake. I've always loved their cupcakes an knew that there was no other bakery I would ever think of making my wedding cake. EVERYONE at our wedding was raving about our cake. Not only for how delicious it was, but how beautiful it was. Thank you, A Sweet Design, for making our wedding cake out of this world and something so dear to our hearts. We will be getting a cake made for every single anniversary! You will not be disappointed with ANYTHING that you get from this bakery.

A Sweet Design 4
  • Meghann

Meghann · Married on 11/18/2017

Not only did WE love our wedding cake but our guests did as well. We are still getting phone calls about how well it tasted. I can’t recommend A Sweet Design enough to family and friends, The week of our wedding my husband and I got cupcakes of our wedding flavors just because we craved the taste and didn’t want to wait for the wedding day. This also isn’t the first time we bought cupcakes from them. We first met with Joleen for our cake tasting and fell in love with her flavors. The winners for us were the pink velvet and chocolate fudge. Sounds like a strange combination but it is truly to die for! This is definitely our go to cake place!!!

A Sweet Design 5
    A Sweet Design 6

susieK · Married on 01/03/2017

amazing!!! Very creative!! Nice job!!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2016

Joleen was fantastic to work with. We met with three other bakeries but "A Sweet Design” edged them all out with their unique and tasty flavors! We went with a three-tier cake to serve around 85 people, and had 3 different flavors, it was hard to pick because they were all so good, but everyone raved out the Strawberry flavor which was delicious, and not over powering.

When we first met with Joleen, we had no idea what to expect, or what we even really wanted or needed. We were all over the map in terms of having a dessert table, cupcakes, sheet cake, or layer cake. Joleen knew the right questions to ask to guide us down the right path, and the tasting experience was out of this world. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 08/14/2016

A Sweet Design's reply:

Jennifer....you just made my day!!!! What a lovely review to read, THANK YOU!!!!!

She is a great person. Gave us so many ideas and worked with our budget. So excited to see the cake at our wedding!

• Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 05/28/2016

So Joeleen and A Sweet Design was the perfect bakery to do our wedding. Not only are the desserts so delicious, they are SOOOO nice and have great customer service. We were so happy with how everything went. We are from Granada Hills so we were so happy to support a local business. Then, we went in for our cake tasting and it was literally the YUMMIEST cake tasting we had so far. We were so happy to hire them. In addition, they were able to make our dessert table and it turned out so beautiful. We were so happy with how it looked and we got so many compliments about it. At the end of the night, all the desserts were finished even the cake! Thats how much our guests enjoyed it!!!!!! Would highly recommend them doing any event that you guys need because you get beautiful desserts that taste amazing. :)

• Future Mrs. Duncan

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2016

The owner and baker Joeleen does amazing work! She offered a variety of flavors of cake and filling to choose from. It was very hard to pick a favorite because they were all so yummy. The design of the cake came out beautiful and very tasty. We received many compliments on the cake during and after the wedding. Be sure to stop by her shop for a tasting!

• royandleeat2016

Leeat · Married on 03/19/2016

We used A Sweet Design for our wedding cake, and it was beyond AMAZING. We first met there and had a great meeting and the samples were DELICIOUS. They helped us to create a magnificent cake, that added the touch of our flare, within our budget. We were worried about the top tier for our anniversary and they said they would make us a new cake (any cake we wanted) for our anniversary. We were also able to get a secondary small cake in a different flavor, that we ate in our honeymoon suite after the wedding.

We will continue going to A Sweet Design for years to come and have recommended them for other people's events.

Tyler · Married on 08/15/2015

Joeleen is an awesome baker and person. She is so easy to work with, professional and friendly; worked with our budget and created beautiful and delicious cupcakes and the most awesome custom chalkboard cake that was super delicious! We have used her for my son's wedding cake, daughter's bridal shower cake and just used her this past weekend for daughter's wedding. She set-up everything as scheduled and is just a great person and baker/designer! Will continue to use her services in the future!

Christina · Married on 05/09/2015

I felt like we had the best wedding cake compared to all the weddings that I have attended! Our 3-layered cake was very classy and elegant looking. Add to add that it was delicious with different flavors on each layer. We took the top layer home and my wife and I couldn't stop eating it for dessert a la mode! I don't think we'll have leftovers for our 1 year anniversary. Good thing Joeleen will give us the same cake on our 1st year. Yummy!

• User4391913 · 2+ years ago

Joyleen at A Sweet Design Bakery is not only a talented artist and baker but a wonderful person that one should meet in the journey of life !

We knew we made the right choice the moment we met her and were even more reassured when she understood our vision. She helped us carefully design our wedding cake and was a pleasure to work with throughout our wedding planning adventure.

The incorporation of our wedding flowers and theme into our cake mesmerized all of our guests and especially us. The final cake was simply breathtaking ! We look forward to creating many more memories for our friends and family with A Sweet Design for years to come. :)

S&B

Rohina · Married on 01/24/2015

I wanted a cake that looked elegant without being over the top and I got just that with A Sweet Design. I shopped around different places, but ended up going with them because of their professionalism and I felt they could really create the design I was looking for. We went cake tasting and picked out a design and it turned out to be perfect on the day of the wedding.

SONIA · Married on 12/13/2014

Delicious!!! And Beautiful cake

Louise · Married on 12/13/2014

A Sweet Design was one of the bakeries my venue recommended and I'm so glad I picked them!! Joleen was great to work with me. I loved her enthusiasm for my wedding! A Sweet Design made our wedding cake and the groom's cake. While talking to Joleen about my then fiance's love of whiskey, she whipped up a chocolate cake with a caramel filling that had Jack Daniel's in it. WE LOVED IT and it was perfect for his Crown Royal groom's cake.
    Our wedding cake was delicious. We had red velvet and it was so moist that I had to comment on it the moment my husband put it in my mouth when we fed it to each other. I looked at him and said "Wow, that is some good cake!" Everyone enjoyed eating the cake and even went back for seconds! I would totally 100% recommend using A Sweet Design for all cake needs. My daughter is graduating from high school in June and I'll be getting her cake from A Sweet Design!!

Shawn · Married on 11/16/2014

A Sweet Design is AMAZING! My wife had 3 things on her list that had to be outstanding. It was the dress, the venue and the cake. I told her I knew the best cake shop in the world. My sister had her wedding cake from A Sweet Design so I knew from experience how good they were. My parent's went to about 10 different cake tastings and said A Sweet Design was by far the best. So I took my now wife and mother in law to the tasting. The experience was great. They listened to what my wife wanted and started sketching out her dream cake. They explained why certain types of frostings would work and not work with the design. Everything made perfect sense and looked great on paper. Now was the tasting time. It was so hard to choose our flavors because they were all so good. You just can't go wrong. When the big day arrived I saw Joeleen setting up the cake. It was perfect. My wife was more than happy. We have the pictures and video to prove how perfect this cake was. It was so good I didn't mind my wife smashing some of it on my face when It came time for the cake cutting. We can't wait for our year anniversary to go back and get our cake topper from A Sweet Design.

• User4203094 · 2+ years ago

Absolutely the most delicious wedding cake I've ever had, I'm so glad it was the cake for MY wedding. Three months later, I'm still getting compliments on how delicious my cake was, and getting asked where I ordered it from, so that they can order a cake too. I had white cake with strawberry filling, with strawberry splash. The frosting was standard butter cream frosting. It was very affordable, and there was a FREE, complimentary cake-tasting, even without any type of contract, to help us pick the flavor. They also delivered it for free. Just thinking about the cake is making me want some right now. I am not a big cake person, I usually skip the cake at parties...but I'd have my wedding cake over and over again. Thanks A Sweet Design, for making my cake so memorable, and delicious!

jill · Married on 10/11/2014

Our purple ombre cake was perfect for cutting and pictures. The mini cupcakes and macaroons were amazing! We were able to get a large variety of flavors so people could try multiple types.

• User3992097 · 2+ years ago

A Sweet Design gave me the perfect wedding cake. It was beautiful. They were very kind, professional, and their quality of service was great. They were great on making sure my cake design desires were made a reality. Everyone at our wedding loved it! Thank you for the perfect love bird cake!

Daysi · Married on 05/16/2014

This place was so great to work with. They called me with any questions, concerns and reminders they had. All my guest loved the cake, cake pops and cupcakes they made for me especially the ones with the strawberry toppings. We were so excited when we discovered a dozen cupcakes left under the table that went unnoticed. It was a great treat to take home.

Apryl · Married on 03/29/2014

After looking around (tirelessly) for a cake vendor, we stumbled upon A Sweet Design. They happen to be in our neighborhood so we popped in for a cupcake....a delicious cupcake that is. We scheduled a tasting for that week and were pleasantly surprised. After having tasted at 3 other bakeries we knew right away that A Sweet Design was the vendor for us. The gal that did our tasting was so helpful. She took the time to understand our budget and our vision and help make it all work. She didn't pressure us like other places do. On to the big day.... our cake looked absolutely amazing! We had our florist provide flowers which were arranged by A Sweet Design and the final look was absolutely stunning (see pic!). The most important part, the cake was delicious! We chose a different flavor for each tier and couldn't be happier with the way it came out. I'd definitely recommend this vendor if you're in the market for a wedding cake!

Vanessa · Married on 02/28/2014

What can I say this place is an amazing bakery! My wedding cake was to die for! It was delicious! Joy (the cake representative/ manager) Is wonderful to work with! She was on top of everything that needed to happen when it came to my Wedding cake! I will def be visiting again for future event cakes! Everything was taken care of and looked amazing! I loved the designs we chose!

Kathrina · Married on 01/25/2014

My fiancee and I fell in love with A Sweet Design when we visited their cupcake shop which is in our neighborhood. Our wedding was in Riverside so after searches of many bakeries in our venue area we just said forget it lets pick our favorite bakery and have the cake delivered 100 miles. Well I am so glad we did because it was so worth it! Everyone loved the wedding cake and kept asking where we had gotten it. My parents work in the wedding industry and many of our guests work in the wedding and food industry and they could not believe how good the cake was! The staff was so responsive and helped us stay within our budget, we ordered sheet cakes to save some of the cost. We were able to order 3 unique flavors which was really fun for our guests to share cake and compare flavors! A Sweet Design is the best bakery and cupcakery there is!

Beatrice · Married on 12/14/2013

THE SINGLE BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR WEDDING! (Besides marrying each other!)

What a pleasure to deal with such talented professionals who truly love what they do and are so helpful and accommodating!
    I am allergic to wheat and I have to say that they make the most delicious gluten free cakes I have ever tasted.
    They didn't even bat an eylash at the elaborate cake I had fallen in love with and were so fair with their pricing that I was actully able to afford it. Jolene even chaged the design a bit on the spot and made it even more gorgeous and special!
    The cake exceeded our expectations in both beauty and flavor!
    I would recommend them to anyone anytime. If you don't live near them (i don't) know that they are more than worth the drive!