A Steve Bender Entertainment, INC. Reviews

139 | Cincinnati, OH

139 Reviews for A Steve Bender Entertainment, INC.

Janet · Married on 03/18/2017

We used Steve Bender Entertainment for our March wedding and were extremely pleased overall. RJ was our DJ, and he did a phenomenal job of keeping our guests out on the dance floor, which is exactly what my husband and I wanted to see! RJ was also very professional and fun to work with. He incorporated our requested songs and we've heard lots of compliments on the dinner playlist. My only complaint is that the organization was a bit difficult to reach on the phone or via email in the weeks leading up to our wedding. However, looking at the big picture, we'd still book with them again. The value was exceptional and we loved the music, which is all that really matters!

Sent on 04/23/2017

A Steve Bender Entertainment, INC.'s reply:

Hello Janet! Thank you for the kind words. RJ is one of our top Premier DJ's and we're proud to have him as part of our team. In regards to the response time, we strive to always return calls within a 24 hour period. We understand that sometimes people do not understand that we are not available between Friday and Sundays due to the nature of our business. And Monday is a half day for me personally since I typically DJ weddings every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is why we send out emails to our clients alerting them to the fact we will not respond until Monday for emails or calls during those times. We may need to do a better job alerting our client base of this and I am looking into options to have staff available during those times to help in answering questions while others are working. Thank you for the heads up, and we again thank you for choosing us for your celebration and the kind words!

Steve Bender Entertainment

Jamie · Married on 09/19/2015

We found Steve Bender on Wedding Wire when we were looking for DJ's. We went to meet Steve and immediately knew we wanted to go with him; he was the most professional vendor we worked with for our wedding, and he made us feel at ease. Steve made sure he knew our vision of the day, and he made sure to execute it. We told him we wanted a very laid back reception; we were not doing a lot of the "traditional" things like cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, dances, etc. to ensure that we would not have to rush from one activity to another. Steve was great; he MC'ed just during the parts we needed him to and the rest of the time he just played music, working the crowd to get everyone involved. The week before the wedding, we sprung on him an extra set up that we wanted to do for the ceremony, and he was totally accommodating and made our lives so much easier. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/28/2015

We had RJ as our DJ and he was awesome. We had some trouble about 6 months before the wedding with the DJ we were originally booked with, but he is no longer with the company, so nothing you have to worry about now. RJ was very professional and did everything we asked of him! The dance floor was filled the whole night and he made the reception that much better for us!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/10/2014

Steve did a great job for our wedding, we wanted something low key that did a professional job without games, etc and he provided just that. The music was great, just what we wanted and the dance floor was busy all night. He went with the flow & was easy to work with, we highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/18/2014

I would HIGHLY recommend Steve Bender Productions for a DJ service for a wedding reception! Specifically, I would recommend Bobby as he was the DJ for our wedding. He was AMAZING and played songs that kept everyone dancing! We didn't even speak with Bobby until the week of the wedding, but he was very prepared and did a great job as the DJ and MC for the evening. We received so many compliments on how fun the dancing was at the reception! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2011

My DJ was Bobby Leach, one of the DJ's working for Steve Bender Productions. I used him based on a recommendation from a work friend, and I am so grateful that I did! He is extremely knowledgeable about music (during one meeting with him we started humming a song we couldn't name and he knew it right away), very laid back and very service oriented. At the wedding he checked in with me, my husband and my parents multiple times to make sure we were happy with everything and to ask if certain songs were okay to play or not. It was fantastic. The crowd was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. He knew just what to play to keep everyone moving!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Tricia · Married on 09/25/2010

We had Steve! He kept the dance floor full, and played songs I requested. I loved the online planning tool. He was flexible with last minute changes. Price was affordable

Sent on 12/10/2010
  • · Married on 10/19/2019

Gear spence wedding spectacular!

Steve,
    We cannot thank you enough for everything! Everyone had such a great time and the music was awesome. Thank you for helping to make everything run smoothly and it was great getting to know you! We will cherish the memories forever. I highly recommend Steve, you will not be disappointed!! Thank you again. Bill and Stacy Spence

Sent on 10/21/2019

Jenn · Married on 10/07/2017

Steve did a fantastic job with my sister’s wedding! He was very easy to work with, wanted to make sure all of the bride’s request were met and played great music all night. We highly recommend him for any event you have where you need a DJ that has great music selection, is easy to interact with, and sure to make your event a success!

Sent on 10/16/2017

A Steve Bender Entertainment, INC.'s reply:

Thank you Jenn, Lauren is lucky to have a great sister like you planning her wedding! Your crowd was a ton of fun and I enjoyed working with you and your guests. Thank you again for the kind words and review.

Steve Bender Entertainment

Samantha · Married on 05/14/2016

This is our third wedding that Steve Bender Entertainment has been DJ for and, obviously, they have done an amazing job each time or we wouldn't have considered them after the first wedding. Steve has been the DJ two out of the three; he is very professional and easy to work with and does an Awesome job.
    There is an online planner where you can pick all your songs. The list has everything, but if not seeing something I am sure Steve will find it for you. The planner also helps you to plan the evening with a timeline, event highlights and any other requests you may have.
    Steve provided a microphone for the ceremony and music for the cocktail hour and reception. If you need something, Steve can provide it.
    If you are looking for a reception with a full dance floor from the first to the last dance, you will not be disappointed with Steve Bender Entertainment. We Highly Recommend!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Rachel · Married on 03/19/2016

People can not stop raving about how awesome the music was at our wedding! Steve did an awesome job and I would absolutely recommend using his company. The planning process is done primarily online which is very user friendly and convenient to use and update in the days leading up to the wedding. About a week out from the event Steve called directly to discuss any additional items that I wanted to include or exclude from the wedding and find out what was important to me. I had told him it was to keep the party going and everyone up on the dance floor. He definitely didn't disappoint and played music that catered to my friends as well as the older crowd. Steve Bender Entertainment has now done both mine and my older sister's wedding. It's a no brainer that he will be doing my younger sister's event as well when the time comes.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Erin · Married on 09/25/2015

Bobby did a nice job DJing my wedding. He played the music we asked and checked in with me a few times throughout the night (but not too much) to make sure things were as I wanted. I also talked to Steve Bender a few times over the phone before my wedding with questions about the online Ceremony and Reception Planner and found him easy to get ahold of and very helpful. I am very pleased with our choice of DJ and would recommend Steve Bender Entertainment to anyone.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Belinda · Married on 09/06/2014

Steve Bender Productions provided the DJ service at my daughter's wedding this past weekend. Steve himself was not the DJ rather, one of his associates. The DJ was terrific. He played all the music my daughter and her fiancé requested as well as requests from our guests, made announcements when requested and kept the dance floor hopping! The dance floor was full the entire evening. The only slight negative was that the office was slow responding to emails and/or phone calls. Other than that, our experience was perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Allison · Married on 07/12/2014

Great value in this vendor. We didn't know who our DJ was going to be until a week or so before the wedding, but our DJ called and talked to us about what we wanted out of the day. He was great and kept the dance floor crowded all night long, which is exactly what we had asked for. He knew his stuff!

The website they have that lets you pick songs you definitely want to play or definitely don't want played is very helpful. You can log in as you think of songs and add them to lists. On the website, you can also lay out the timeline for the event, which is nice also.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Steve Bender did an excellent job at our wedding reception! Everyone was up dancing the entire night ! And, he definitely created a fun environment for everyone & catered to all ages! He was able to keep all the events of our Reception running smoothly & efficiently (i.e. cake cutting, garter toss, bouquet toss, first dances). I would highly recommend him to everyone! The only trouble we had was getting a hold of him (via email, phone, voicemails) the 2 weeks before our wedding. It was somewhat stressful not knowing what was going on a week before the wedding & we had some questions about payment, but we ended up talking a few days before & everything went as planned & he did great on the night of our Reception!! Overall, we were extremely happy we chose him as our DJ! We received a lot of compliments from our reception guests & most importantly, we were extremely happy! He played songs that we requested and also chose some of his own, which we were very happy about ! We enjoyed everything that he played and we had such a fun night! Everyone at our Reception really enjoyed the music and had a blast !

Sent on 01/06/2014

Steve was absolutely wonderful! He DJ'd our wedding and everything ran so smoothly. I did not have to do a thing! He is organized and his planning site makes it so easy to plan the whole day, timing of special events (dances, bouquet toss, etc.), as well as picking what songs you want played. We got compliments on him after the wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/31/2013

very great to work with, I couldnt have wanted anything more!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Wonderful DJ - I couldn't ask for anything more. We used "Sensational Sound" for a cheaper deal but ended up getting Steve Bender himself! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night; he played all of our long list of songs I wanted played; didn't play anything I asked him not too; played a special track we had to have cut down for a special dance - which was very nice and he was very accommodating; and lastly was perfect when it was time for a surprise flash mob in which he played an important role! Communication prior to the wedding had me a little nervous, but he ended up killing it at the wedding and did exactly what I wanted from a DJ. He also set up earlier than we originally thought and didn't charge extra. Great customer service throughout and I really felt like I won the lottery with the amount I paid. Great entertainment - so much fun!!!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Steve Bender Productions did a great job at my reception... They dressed very professional and kept the party going all night...

Sent on 06/07/2013

Steve did a great job at our wedding and played all the songs we had asked for during the ceremony and reception. He even did a mix of two songs during our ceremony!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Anne · Married on 07/11/2009

I loved our DJ. There was a song I wanted, but that wasn't on our list and the DJ went out of his way to get the song. It made my day! We didn't have Steve Bender, but the DJ we did have was perfect. The music was loud enough (a problem at a wedding we recently attended), the night went smoothly, and he made sure we were happy. I would reccommend them for sure.

Sent on 03/05/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

They did a great job the day of the wedding. Had a little trouble reaching them the couple weeks prior to the wedding which made me nervous. The price was good.

Sent on 12/18/2011
  • BrenBren

Brenda · Married on 11/14/2009

Steve Bender Productions Disc Jockeys did an amazing job entertaining at our Reception. The online planning form was a lifesaver! Most weddings I have gone to did not have many people dancing but Steve Bender was able to get a lot of our guests dancing. He was very professional and friendly. I would recommend them for any event that needs a DJ/Music.

Sent on 11/20/2009

The DJ sent from Steve Bender Productions was fabulous. He played many of the songs that my husband and I had picked from the online webpage. Having an online site that you can make payments, changes, add/delete songs was great and they allowed us plenty of time to make our selections.

I would recommend using Steve Bender in the future but make sure you book early!!

Sent on 10/04/2012
  • W

Kelly · Married on 08/07/2010

Bobby was our DJ. He was fantastic!!!! He was punctual and prepared for anything! He met with us ahead of time to plan things out and even spoke with me Saturday morning to make small adjustments that I thought of the night before. He did a great job at mixing up the styles of music to keep everyone on the dance floor. I did not make a large do not play list and should have thought a bit more about that since the chicken dance was requested and played and that is a song I hate! Other than that he was fantastic!!

Sent on 08/24/2010