A Stem Above, LLC. Reviews

99 | Chicago, IL

99 Reviews for A Stem Above, LLC.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

A Stem Above, LLC. 5
A Stem Above, LLC. 6
A Stem Above, LLC. 7

Julie · Married on 09/22/2018

Erin was a pleasure to work with and very knowledgeable. She is an amazing designer. We discussed ideas and with her vision she created the most stunning and magical room at the venue … just pure love! Thank you A Stem Above. Julie S.

Donna · Married on 08/18/2018

Perfection from beginning to end. Erin was a dream to work with and nailed my daughter’s vision for the wedding. Her bridal bouquet was over the top gorgeous as well as every floral and candle arrangement she provided. The transformation of the space for ceremony and then for the reception, stunning. She is truly an artist who takes a personal interest in her clients.

A Stem Above, LLC. 8
    A Stem Above, LLC. 9
    A Stem Above, LLC. 10
    A Stem Above, LLC. 11

Lauren · Married on 02/17/2018

Erin and A Stem Above went above and beyond for our winter wedding this February. My husband and I were completely blown away when we walked into the Crystal Ballroom at The Blackstone Hotel and saw how beautiful Erin and her team had made the room. She completely exceeded our expectations and executed our requests/tweaks from the mock-up flawlessly. My family and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. In addition, Erin is an absolute pleasure to work with. Very responsive, receptive and has tons of examples to help visualize the big day. Highly recommend! Will update with professional photos when they are available. My phone photos don't do the work enough justice!

A Stem Above, LLC. 12
    A Stem Above, LLC. 13
    A Stem Above, LLC. 14
    A Stem Above, LLC. 15

Ann · Married on 09/15/2017

Erin is a great listener and her proposals are very detailed to make sure your wedding day is just what you envision! She is very flexible when it comes to finalizing the fine details and final pricing!

A Stem Above, LLC. 16
    A Stem Above, LLC. 17
    A Stem Above, LLC. 18
    A Stem Above, LLC. 19

Pauline · event on: 08/26/2017

A Stem Above was fantastic! They captured our vision and created beautiful flowers for our wedding. They brought extra boutonnieres and used a piece from our ceremony at our reception to save us some money. It felt extra special when the florist mentioned she cut flowers from her own garden to use in a ceremony piece. Highly recommend!

Cassandre · Married on 08/19/2017

I was OVER THE MOON with my wedding flowers from A Stem Above. I had researched some ideas beforehand of what I wanted my bouquet to look like, and Erin played off that to create the rest of the wedding vision with me, which I wanted to keep simple and within budget. Erin understood exactly what I wanted. She knows what today’s current trends are and has access to flowers that other vendors said they could not find. The day of the wedding she absolutely nailed it! Besides my dream bouquet, she put together the perfect loose florals for my hair and a breathtaking hanging arrangement to complement the handmade arbor my Dad built – with huge dahlias home grown in her garden. She made my secret garden wedding an absolute fairy tale. I highly recommend A Stem Above!

A Stem Above, LLC. 20
    A Stem Above, LLC. 21
    A Stem Above, LLC. 22
    A Stem Above, LLC. 23
    A Stem Above, LLC. 24

Ali · Married on 08/12/2017

A Stem Above is the florist you should go with!!! They are phenomenal to work with — we still get comments from friends on how beautiful our August wedding was. Erin went above and beyond in making sure that our wedding floral and decor dreams came true. She’s a true expert, immediately understood our vision, and executed flawlessly.

A Stem Above, LLC. 25
    A Stem Above, LLC. 30
    A Stem Above, LLC. 31
    A Stem Above, LLC. 32

Meredith · Married on 07/29/2017

We loved working with Erin and ASA for our July 2017 wedding at River Roast. Her and her team were able to bring our dream wedding vision to life and were so professional and easy to work with.

A Stem Above, LLC. 33
    A Stem Above, LLC. 34
    A Stem Above, LLC. 35
    A Stem Above, LLC. 36
    A Stem Above, LLC. 37

Jaime · Married on 07/22/2017

Erin and A Stem Above made our wedding at the Stock Exchange Room at the Art Institute absolutely gorgeous! She was professional, courteous, and on-point through the whole process. Even if you're not budget worried, Erin will give you input if something doesn't provide price point value.

My wife and I were able to view the Stock Exchange Room before the reception, we felt like we were in a dream. Thank you Erin!

Catherine · Married on 04/22/2017

Erin is amazing!!!! She helped me create my vision and make our wedding day absolutely beautiful and perfect. Responsive and wonderful to work with - highly recommend!!

Kathryn · Married on 01/20/2017

Where do I start! I wish I could give Erin/team 10 stars. I cannot thank them enough for the INCREDIBLE job they did for my January wedding at Ovation (Chicago). I am an analyst by profession and didn't have the design expertise to put my vision into words. I was having trouble with other florists, but when I met with A Stem Above they were able to capture my vision immediately, even with my poor description. They are not only an amazing florist but they are design experts and true artists! They captured every single detail of my vision perfectly and even helped with suggestions to make it that much better. Walking into my venue the day of and seeing it all come together was one of my most favorite memories from that day! Erin had completely transformed the room! With it being the middle of winter in Chicago I wanted it to feel warm and romantic. The mix of the lace runners on the wood tables with lanterns and candle treatment and mixed floral votives and mercury glass it was just amazing. All of my girlfriends were raving about my decor! Not to mention that the bouquets they made were absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't believe how perfect mine was and the succulent bridesmaid bouquets were so much better than I even expected. Not only was everything they provided perfect but Erin/team were great to work with. They are extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional. I cannot say a bad word about them. They were quick to respond on questions, helped me stay within my budget and offered a lot of great ideas/advice. All I can say is do yourself a favor and choose A Stem Above. You won't be disappointed.

Emily · Married on 10/29/2016

Erin and the team did an absolutely fantastic job with our October wedding. She helped create a beautiful ceremony at St. Michael's Church and an elegant, warm reception at the University Club. The flowers, the candles, the colors - everything fit our vision and the time of year perfectly! Erin was so helpful and responsive and kept us calm - even with the stress of wedding planning. We received so many compliments and my husband and I couldn't be happier. We highly recommend A Stem Above!!

Liz · Married on 06/11/2016

I honestly had not thought too much about wedding flowers, but ASA was recommended to me by a family friend. I cannot stress enough how great their work is and how kind and receptive their staff is. Michelle was extremely responsive to emails and changes to our plan. My mother is allergic to a lot of flowers and they were able to accommodate this. Likewise, we changed around our plans for our table settings and she was quick to help. ASA even set up my own centerpieces for me!

I absolutely loved my bouquet and wish that I could keep it as it was forever. I'm sure our photos will look beautiful with their gorgeous flowers and details.

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

I absolutely loved the way our flowers turned out for our June wedding, and we received TONS of compliments! We worked mainly with Michelle, and she was super responsive and accommodating when helping us put together our vision. She had tons of great ideas, and everything turned out perfectly. I would highly recommend A Stem Above!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Megan-
    Michelle was over the moon to see your review. Thank you so much for writing!

Katie · Married on 05/07/2016

We had a wonderful experience with A Stem Above! I had a really hard time finding a florist that understood the look we were going for while keeping the vision budget friendly. Erin really listened to what we wanted and we got so many complements on our flowers and overall décor. I would highly recommend A Stem Above!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Katie-
    I am so grateful for your review. From the beginning I knew we could create a wonderful environment with out overwhelming your budget. I am so glad you felt we kept our promise!

Elisabeth · Married on 04/30/2016

I highly HIGHLY recommend using A Stem Above for your wedding flowers. We used them for our April wedding, and I was thrilled with the results. Erin and her team were fantastic and absolutely made my wedding flower visions come alive. She had tons of options for me in our initial meeting and helped me figure out what I wanted despite my lack of floral knowledge. Erin is also incredibly easy to worth with --she's down to earth, super communicative and very respectful of budgets. (I liked her so much that my fiance's family used her for the rehearsal dinner flowers too) Thank you Erin and A Stem Above!

Sent on 07/08/2016

A Stem Above, LLC.'s reply:

Elisabeth- Thank you so much for such kind words and taking the time to write such wonderful sentiments. It was truly a magical day!

Alisha · Married on 04/30/2016

When I walked into River Roast on Saturday, tears instantly came to my eyes because it was the most beautiful room I have ever seen!! I know that we never had a chance to meet and talk in person, but just from our emails you were able to create the exact look that I wanted. It was like you were in my head! From the gorgeous linens, to the beautiful mixture of white flowers, to even the types of vases that you used and even the candles and candle holders, it honestly was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I could not be happier with how everything turned out. I couldn’t stop walking around the room and staring at everything! Everyone loved the place card tree too!! I received so many compliments on the decorations and people could not get over the linens! Thank you so much for making my wedding so beautiful and honestly it was the best day of my life.

Our experience was A Stem Above was wonderful. Everything was absolutely beautiful and Erin's help throughout the process was so appreciated.

I would HIGHLY recommend A Stem Above for any bride and groom's florals.

Sarah · Married on 08/29/2015

I had a wonderful experience working with A Stem Above. Erin was amazing and answered all questions within a reasonable time frame. I had met with her before my wedding and described to her what I had envisioned and left it up to her and her staff to be creative. The day of my wedding I was absolutely blown away at how gorgeous my flowers were. From the flowers on the tables to the bridesmaid flowers to everything in between, I was almost in tears at how beautiful the flowers were.. I couldn't have asked for more and would recommend A Stem Above to anyone! Just fantastic!

• BencePartyOf2

Kristina · Married on 08/15/2015

Where do I even begin?! Erin from A Stem Above was so easy to work with, she accommodated all my needs and was responsive when I needed answers quick. She worked within my budget and revised my contract several times until it was just right. The flowers were to die for! I received so many compliments from my guests and even still when people see the photos! The flowers looked fresh all day and night, which made me very happy. I’ve been to other weddings were I’ve seen the flowers already look like their dying half way through dinner. It can get pricey, but it all depends on what you’re looking for. It’s definitely worth paying a premium to work with such professional vendors, I never had to worry about a thing, which is just what I wanted on my wedding day.

A friend of mine recommended A Stem Above for our wedding, and I don't regret it! Erin is super creative and has a great vision of what will look good for the wedding. I came in with a Pinterest page with without many ideas of what I wanted, but Erin ran with the various ideas and make it look for the wedding date! Everyone commented on how beautiful the bouquets and the flowers looked! We also had four different centerpiece arrangements, which everyone loved! Hire Erin and A Stem Above for your floral arrangements!

Amelia · Married on 09/13/2014

Our flowers were absolutely stunning. Erin was so wonderful to work with. She got exactly the vibe I was going for and knew how to help me bring that to life. I can't say enough how much I loved working with her. My bouquet was so gorgeous, I wish I could have planted it the way it was. If I could give Erin and everyone at A Stem Above 10 stars, I would!

A Stem Above is THE BEST!!! We went to 3 other florists and as soon as we met Erin we loved her. We didn't exactly know what we were looking for- but Erin completely "got us" and understood the look we wanted. She had amazing ideas and was totally spot on. Our bouquets were gorgeous and everyone loved our unique centerpieces. And we wanted a lot of candles, and she DID NOT disappoint. She was also reasonably priced compared to some other quotes we got. I would recommend her without any reservations. We were beyond thrilled with how everything looked on our wedding day!! She is amazing!

Elaine · Married on 07/19/2014

A Stem Above did an excellent job with our flowers. They executed our concept flawlessly and creatively. We wanted a structured look and they achieved with with a variety of flowers with some of them being unique.

Adrienne · Married on 05/25/2014

We could NOT be happier! We met Erin many months before the wedding after I read all of her other terrific reviews on wedding wire. I had met with several other Chicago florists who just could not seem to work within our "small" floral budget as they told me at the meetings. At our first meeting with Erin she was really friendly and had no problem working within the stated budget. I then brought my fiance back to meet her and he was just as excited as I was. We discussed what we wanted, looked through pictures, and came up with a plan. As it got closer to the wedding, we had another meeting for a mock up and were able to see 2 of the centerpieces. When you describe how you want the decorations to look, you never know if the other person really "gets it" but, wow, she absolutely understood our vision! We left even happier than the first meeting. On the day of the wedding we showed up to the venue we saw Erin and her team hard at work finishing up the last minute details. Everything looked even more beautiful than the mock up. We used her company for centerpieces, bouquets, ceremony decor, and lighting. We had a combined Jewish/Hindu ceremony and she made us a beautiful chuppah/mandap. She also had access to Indian chairs which we were able to rent through her. I recommended her to some friends even before our wedding day but after seeing the final product, I just cannot say enough good things. Working with Erin and A Stem Above was a dream come true!