A Starry Night Music Reviews

145 Reviews for A Starry Night Music

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Patrick

Patrick · Married on 08/17/2019

Incredible music that kept the party dancing all night long!

Carol was beyond incredible in every aspect of our wedding. My wife left the music selection up to me and I found Carol’s company highly recommended online. And let me tell you she was absolutely incredible, one of the best, most friendly and professional people to work with when we were planning our wedding. We are so thankful for her help and skills at guiding us through the process. She not only played fun music that was appropriate for the time of the party, but she also got the party dancing and coordinated the entire night from start to finish. We had numerous calls with carol and emails and she was always quick to respond and helpful in every way. She even recommended an incredibly talented and tasteful live musician that we added to our cocktail hour. She really made our wedding come to life and all our guest loved and complimented the music choices. I would recommend Carol!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Lucia Casale · Married on 07/23/2019

Best ever1

Carol did an exceptional job. she took our ideas and made suggestions about things we did not think about. She kept everything flowing and was wonderful with our guests requests. We danced all night1

Sent on 07/23/2019

A Starry Night Music's reply:

It was a joy to work with you both! What a wonderful party and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!
  • F

Francesca Totti · Married on 07/20/2019

The Most Magical Night!

We researched our DJ extensively. After speaking with DJs we chose Carol and and she was just wonderful! The best decision we made. Easy to work with, really cool to be around, and most importantly, she rocked the party from beginning to the last song of the night. She understood us, and helped us to put everything together from the order of the evening to playing our exclectic song list. She made it work perfectly! The dance floor was packed all night long. She is so sweet to work with. She helped make ours the most magical night! Thank you for everything Carol!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Erica · Married on 04/26/2019

MidCentury wedding

My (now) husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Carol and her husband from A Starry Night. Our wedding was mid-century themed and she helped us capture the moment with the best of all of the music we wanted to hear - jazz, swing, and big band, plus all of the music everyone wanted to dance to at the end of the night. Definitely recommend working with them!

Sent on 05/01/2019

A Starry Night Music's reply:

It was such a beautiful unique wedding. Loved the vintage theme. How creative. We wish you a. Lifetime of happiness.

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Carol and Beledo go above and beyond! They are a dynamic duo that offer so much to the table. Carol helped us with our wedding timeline to make our night flawless. Her experience in the industry allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams. Beledo played the piano during our ceremony and even learned my "secret" song for walking down the aisle. He played guitar and piano during our cocktail hour. Carol was our DJ and she took so much time to go over song choices and the timeline for our big deal. She is talented, caring, and a pro in the industry. We HIGHLY recommend A Starry Night Music!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Ken · Married on 09/02/2018

Highly professional and brings a killer set list

Carol of A Starry Night Music was a fantastic choice to DJ our wedding. She was always a pleasure to talk to, made an amazing set list, and was very responsive throughout the process.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea Brown · Married on 08/31/2018

Perfect DJ for Us

We chose Carol after searching for a DJ who wasn't ridiculously over the top. Carol knows that for some couples, air horns and cheesy boas and glasses are not at all what we want for our guests. From the very first contact, she put me totally at ease. She is friendly as can be and truly listened to our vision for the music that evening. We were the nightmare client in that we literally provided her with an exact list of the songs we wanted. We left her with no creativity and she didn't complain once. Her equipment was exceptional in that we had ZERO problems all night. The dance floor was packed the entire evening and the volume never got out of control. Everyone said the music was their favorite part of the evening! Wish we could live the night all over again and highly recommend Carol if you are looking for a solidly talented DJ who will only add to the overall experience for guests, not annoy and distract. Thanks again Carol...you rocked!

A Starry Night Music's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea. I loved working with you and it was such a great night! All the joy forever.

Billy · Married on 08/18/2018

Carol and Beledo were a delight from our first conversation to closing the ceremony. They are both great artists who run a great business! They took time to ensure our wedding exceeded our expectations - Thank You!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Natalie Bowlus · Married on 07/28/2018

Fantastic Experience!

Carol and Beledo did a fantastic job at our wedding! Beledo played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and our cocktail hour, which gave us exactly the atmosphere we were looking for, and Carol had our dance floor packed the entire evening. They were easy to work with, professional and responsive. Strong recommend!

Craig Zimmerman · Married on 05/12/2018

Sophisticated, knowledgable, and to be trusted

Carol was the DJ for our wedding reception and also arranged for a very talented (and versatile) string trio to accompany our ceremony. It was perfect, from the beginning of the process through the end of the evening. At the very beginning, Carol spent just the right amount of time getting to know us and soliciting our musical needs and preferences, without overstepping. By the time we got to the reception, it was like have a dear friend set the tone for the evening. Carol is terrific at what she does: if you put the music for your event in her hands, you will be very happy you did.

Chris · Married on 10/28/2017

A Starry Night Music kept our wedding a non-stop dance party from beginning to end!

While planning our wedding, my husband and I knew we were looking for an accomplished and sophisticated DJ that shared our eclectic taste in music and would work with us to keep our special day classy, yet a true celebration. From the moment we spoke with Carol Moore, we knew we had found the perfect match. She respected our requests for specific songs, and was more than helpful assisting us in compiling a list of songs and musicians that combined our tastes, as well as the demographic of our guests.

On the day of our event, Carol and her staff could not have been better. From coordinating entrances, toasts, etc., to providing non-intrusive, shouting-free, friendly, and elegant announcements throughout the reception, she kept the continuity fluid and the energy electric. In addition to honoring all our music requests, she was also able to read the vibe of the room and play the tracks that perfectly fit the moment and mood of the occasion. It was an added and unexpected wedding gift to see all our family and friends dancing into the night.

Thank you Carol Moore and A Starry Night Music for making the music the most memorable highlight of our wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Kristelle · Married on 09/30/2017

Carol was amazing. So prompt to answer, played all our music we wanted and knew exactly what songs to add. She kept everyone on their feet all night long! No annoying “MC” telling people to get up and what not, the music did that on its own!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Daniel · Married on 09/16/2017

Everything was great! Thank you for our holiday!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Mariama · Married on 07/08/2017

Carol was phenomenal!! We couldn't of asked for a better dj! She was very upbeat, played all our songs and it made our day extra special with beautiful music!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Christine · Married on 06/02/2017

Carol was amazing to work with for my wedding last week! She was personable and professional, and perfectly executed the vibe and mood we asked for. My husband and I LOVE to dance, and we were on the dance floor every possible second of our reception because the music was great. She worked with us to make sure every detail of our day was right, and was super accommodating of multiple changes, even last minute ones. If you're looking for a wedding DJ that is fun, friendly, classy, and professional (and you want to avoid the over-the-top cheesy club announcer vibe) then USE A STARRY NIGHT MUSIC! You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Diana · Married on 05/27/2017

Carol was fantastic! We kept saying throughout the planning that she was one of the most consistent vendors- very responsive and helpful, asking us the right questions to ensure all of the big things were in place but also not overwhelming us by asking for too much from us. She was very helpful with music selection for our ceremony and she absolutely listened to us and created the exact vibe we wanted without our having to provide her with a play-by play songlist. (Though had we done that, I know she would have made sure to play every song). She was flexible, easy to work with, professional, and fun. She lets the music speak for itself and doesn't make cheesy announcements. Very experienced, knowledgeable, and just a great person.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Julie · Married on 05/19/2017

We can't thank Carol enough for providing amazing music for our special day! Carol was simply amazing to work with. She listened to our wishes and was able to read the crowd to keep the night going. We didn't want the dancing to end and neither did our guests! I would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/13/2017

Carol was so easy to work with during the planning stages. On the night of our big 10th Anniversary Party, she was GREAT. She got everybody dancing and the party was amazing. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Bernie · Married on 07/01/2016

This is a really late review, but I wanted to make sure I left some feedback. Carol was an excellent DJ and so easy to work with. She was very responsive throughout the whole process and her work on the actual wedding day was fantastic. My husband and I were pretty hands off with our wedding and Carol understood that and was able to make the ceremony and the reception fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and I'm so sorry it took me so long to write this review.

Sent on 04/18/2017

A Starry Night Music's reply:

You both were so wonderful to work with and the pleasure was all mine! I wish you a lifetime of joy, adventure, and happiness.

Ken · Married on 06/26/2016

From the first time we met Carol, we knew she was easy-going, flexible, and most importantly an experienced and passionate DJ. We chose Carol because she was willing to work with us in terms of our music choices, and our reception schedule. Throughout the whole process, Carol was communicative, willing to work with us, and didn't mind when we had some last minute changes and additions to our song choices. In terms of the music, she did splendidly! She even threw in some remixes of our song choices which we enjoyed very much, and knew exactly when to play what songs. She really can work with all the genres! In terms of the day of - she arrived on time, worked seamlessly with our Maitre'D, and I never had to worry about the schedule of my reception. She also played music for our ceremony and cocktail hour, which were both fantastic as well. Overall, if you are looking for a professional, caring, and flexible DJ, Carol is the person to go to! Thanks so much Carol!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

USE HER!
    We had the perfect evening of music. She facilitated every detail of our evenings personalized and complex transitions from the processional, to the varied activities on the dance floor, including the dance instructor for east coast swing, tango and most importantly, our quirky request for 70's disco, gay night club 1980s, and a dollop of contemporary. We knew she was right for us when she immediately downloaded our obscure Japanese chanteuse singing La Vie En Rose for our entry. She was reliable, professional, and experienced at following the mood of the night and fulfilling music requests during the evening. Carol really came through in making the soundtrack of our evening seamless and incredibly festive for one of the most important nights of our lives.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Garvin · Married on 05/20/2016

When we set out to find a DJ, we wanted a few basic things. Great music without the loud, overbearing, cheesy, corny antics of a lot of NJ DJ's. Believe it or not, that's hard to find. Enter A Starry Night. They immediately stood out as they billed themselves as exactly what we wanted. We contacted Carol, and she got back to us very quickly. We went through some very basic things, and were convinced that we wanted to work with them. No other DJ we spoke with offered the background and experience, knowledge of music, and pricing that A Starry NIght offered. Music, as with so many people, was very important to us for a successful wedding. Without having seen any of their sets, I was nervous about what to expect. I became more nervous once Carol let us know that she would not be DJ'ing our wedding, and neither would our second choice from her team, Maria. Carol told us Michael would be our DJ, and expressed supreme confidence in his ability to meet our needs. We had our initial conversation with Michael shortly before the wedding, and shared the tone we were hoping to hit during the wedding. Old school Motown, 80's, 90's, and current pop, closing with late 90's early 2000's hip hop and Jersey Club. Throw in a few Spanish songs, and you can see we asked him to mix in A LOT. He was amazing!!! I don't know how he did it, but he hit all areas, and blended it all seamlessly. The dance floor stayed packed, and everyone danced the night away. It was exactly what we had in mind. We're still amazed at how he was able to get it all in. We never met Carol, but will forever be thankful for her help in creating the soundtrack to our wedding (their approach to weddings is truly a niche), and to Michael for executing upon our vision. He was truly a technician with the sound, and an extremely friendly individual. I would choose them 10 times out of 10 if I had to do it again.

Sent on 08/06/2016
  • Wayne

Wayne · Married on 05/01/2016

I want to express my deep appreciation for the help and support Carol have offered me on my wedding day. I feel very grateful for all the beautiful music she prepared for us and her excellent string band. Without Carol's help, I doubt I could have such a wonderful and dreamy wedding in such a proficient and professional manner.
    We had a few phone conversations, selected play lists, and verified a couple special music selections. On our day, Carol arrived early to set up. The sound was beautiful, the lighting was on point, and the party was so wonderful until the very end! Carol's voice and annunciation were exactly what we wanted. She checked in with us earlier in the day and clarified some pronunciations, reviewed the time-line, and we got comfortable with the rhythm of the events with a mini rehearsal.
    I consider myself very fortunate for having a chance to work with an expert like Carol. Working with her was a great and enjoyable experience for me. I really value the knowledge and insight she has, and her willingness to share it with me. I credit her for the success of my wedding as well as for the beautiful music journey she gave us. I thank you for that..
    Our day was so awesome! With all the things that went into planning our event, working with Carol made it easier. We put our faith and trust in her, believing that she was the right choice for our day and she absolutely was! I don't think we could imagine a better wedding day. Ours was amazing, it was perfect!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Nancy · Married on 12/12/2015

Honestly, five stars is not enough -- I need ten!

I had attended weddings where Carol was the DJ and was so impressed with her we booked her for our son's wedding in March 2013. She did an outstanding job that evening and made it a very memorable wedding.

So, this year as co-chair of our country club's 125th Anniversary Ball, I knew we had to have Carol. Our club always has a band so we were breaking with tradition when we decided to go the DJ route. Trust me, there were people who questioned that decision. The result? Carol was absolutely incredible and better than any band we have ever had. Everyone raved about her and said she was so much better than a band! I've never seen the dance floor so full for so long at a party at our club. We had 659 people in attendance and she managed to get every one of them out to the dance floor. Fortunately, we had a huge dance floor because with Carol at the helm, you need a huge dance floor. She played non-stop for 6 1/2 hours and there were many that would have stayed 6 hours more!

Whenever I recommend someone or something to anyone, I always worry that they will not meet expectations EXCEPT when I recommend Carol. She is, quite simply the best, the most professional, and the most spectacular DJ. She made our 125th Ball the best party ever. From our youngest member (age 23) to our oldest (age 99) they all said she was fantastic.

Not only that, but she is so easy to work with. Her ideas about lighting and extra musicians for the dinner hour made the party. She interacted seamlessly with our videographing team and our staff. She gives 110% of herself and personally takes it on herself to make the party great. In addition, she may be the nicest person I have ever met; she makes you smile just to know her.

Bravo, Carol! You are the BEST!

Sent on 05/16/2016

A Starry Night Music's reply:

It was an honor! I am looking forward to our next adventure together. You are the most delightful lady to work with! Thanks, as always, Carol