A Spoonful of Sugar Reviews

9 | San Francisco, CA

9 Reviews for A Spoonful of Sugar

9 A Spoonful of Sugar Reviews

Marina · Married on 08/30/2015

Absolutely loved Kathleen's "non-dairy" coconut cream cake! It was beautiful and arrived without any hiccups or delays on the day-of. I'm not sure what the current trend is (and I thought that cake-related flowers were the florist's job), but I was particularly surprised by how the sugar flowers turned out. They looked almost like the real thing!

In the midst of hectic wedding planning and the vendor search process, I found that Kathleen was the most responsive and accommodating among several bakeries that I had contacted. She will definitely be my go-to baker for future "non-dairy" cravings for special events.

Geri · Married on 12/15/2012

Kathleen made an amazing cake for our wedding-- 1st tier was dulce de leche with sea salt, 2nd tier was chocolate mint, and 3rd tier was almond cake with apricot. All the guests loved it and the cake design was exactly what we wanted. Really professional and reasonably priced for wedding cakes--she always got back to us right away with our questions. Overall great experience.

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2012

Kathleen provided cakes of exceptional quality, beauty and value for our wedding. She was eager to create custom flavors for us, like a pistachio-orange butter cream that had our guests running to the dessert table for seconds. It was a pleasure to work with Kathleen, her pricing is excellent and I will definitely call her again if I need cakes or other treats for a party.

Michaela · Married on 08/12/2012

Kathleen made our wedding cake. I visited several shops with friends and family before this, and nearly selected one of them before a comedy of errors resulted in me ditching them and going in search of Option 4. Kathleen is down-to-earth and makes good cake. Sold!

My main criterion on this thing was that it *taste good.* We received numerous compliments on the cake (both looks and taste) and we all went back for another slice for dessert the day after the wedding. See? Not cardboard!

We requested two flavors -- chocolate with chocolate buttercream, lemon with lemon marionberry filling -- and they turned out very nicely.

Also, when we started getting RSVPs back, we found out we had a guest with gluten intolerance, someone with a severe dairy allergy, and a couple of vegans, and Kathleen was able to throw in cupcakes to meet those needs as well. Way less fuss than me having to find someone to go to Sprinkles on the morning of the wedding and buy things to meet their needs.

Find the shop on Facebook to see pics of her cakes. Good stuff.

Karen · Married on 04/29/2012

Best cake I have ever tasted! I'm sooo happy it was our wedding cake! Met with Kathleen for cake tasting and she had a great selection of delicious flavors to chose from- she even offered us a cup of coffee and milk to go with the generous serving of each flavor. My husband and I loved her cakes so much, we decided to have her make chocolate chip cookies as favors and they were a big hit with guests. Our 3-tier wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! We had a great experience with Kathleen- she's super nice, professional and definitely dependable!

Diana · Married on 04/21/2012

Kathleen did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We chose a gluten free version and it was honestly the best cake we have ever had! Overall, very affordable, great service and super yummy cake. She even came to our house for the tasting because I wasn't able to get out of the house.

Lisa · Married on 09/25/2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about A Soonful of Sugar. Kathleen was friendly and helpful. All the pre-planning went smoothly and she was there for us every step of the way. My wedding cake presentation was very unique and eye appealing. If you're looking for a cake that not only looks great, but tastes great as well, totally call A Spoonful of Sugar!

Eri · Married on 06/04/2011

Kathleen is amazing!! When we tasted her samples of her red velvet cake at a bridal convention in Santa Clara, we absolutely fell in love. She's very sweet and professional as well. We tried other well-known bakeries in the bay area that our friends recommended but honestly, her cakes were more moist, fluffy, and unique. Trust me on this one. Our guests were raving about our chocolate/chocolate cake for a long time! Her red velvet and carrot nut cake were delish too. I wish I had some right now! She also made pink peonies on our cake which were beautiful. This girl can create anything out of sugar.

Cristi · Married on 10/10/2010

The presentation was beautiful, everything was on time, and I never worried about the delivery.