A Special Event DJ Reviews

92 | Indianola, IA

92 Reviews for A Special Event DJ

92 A Special Event DJ Reviews

Denise · Married on 06/30/2018

We hosted our daughter's wedding last weekend, and Josh was our DJ. As always, he did a remarkable job. He is so enthusiastic and always keeps the crowd engaged. I would highly recommend this company and this particular DJ.
    Denise Menke

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

We used DJ Kelsey at our wedding ceremony and reception last weekend, and we can't say enough good things about our experience! She went above and beyond and helped to make our night run so smoothly! Thank you for helping to make our big day everything we wanted and more!

Michael · Married on 09/23/2017

Very pleased! Our ceremony and reception flowed smoothly. We were ahead of schedule and our DJ was very accommodating. He even got my bride and I our first drinks! Excellent job

• Z

Zackary · Married on 08/05/2017

The greatest day of my life was marrying my best friend. That day would not have been possible without the absolute genius and brilliance of one Joshua Rossmanith. Joshua's superb attention to detail, as well as world class professionalism, undeniably guaranteed a fabulous representation of your company. Our day would not have been the same if not for this remarkable showman with spectacular DJ skills. Thank you so much for assuring us that our choice was well founded!

Erica · Married on 08/05/2017

Josh Rossmanith was incredible!! He goes above and beyond the expectations of a D.J!!! Everything went so smoothly and Josh made us feel free of stress and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. It was a blast!!

Vanessa · Married on 07/22/2017

We used A Special Event DJ for our wedding on 7/22/17. Everything about the entire process was smooth and worry-free, which is nice when you are planning a wedding! Josh R. was assigned to us to be our DJ and we couldn't have been more pleased. Josh called about three days before the big day to touch base and make sure we were on the same page with everything. On the day of, Josh was on the ball from the get-go. He went above and beyond my expectations as he not only served as our DJ but was attentive to our needs, brought drinks to the head table for us, treated me (the bride) to a swing dance, and stepped in to hurry things along when the dinner serving was dragging a bit. I would highly recommend A Special Event DJ to anyone and would certainly recommend Josh as a DJ any day!

Sent on 08/08/2017

A Special Event DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Vanessa! We enjoyed working with you on your big day and wish you the best!

Paige · Married on 09/24/2016

We loved working with A Special Event for our wedding DJ. Setting up the timing, song choices, and lighting was easy. We were able to use their lights for our dance floor too, which made our venue very cool once the sun set. The day of, we worked with Dustin Presler and he was AWESOME about keeping the party going and knowing when to jump in with some fun. We've been to other weddings where the DJ seemed like he/she wanted to hear their own voice and this was definitely not the case with Dustin and A Special Event. He was great about transitioning songs and throwing in some jams right at the perfect time. All in all, great service.

• Sarah N

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2016

We did the slow motion video booth. Guests got to choose 6 photos to print and we got a copy of all the photos and videos! It was a lot of fun. They were easy to work with, very professional and set up early and had a good sized crew there working which was great because we had a large wedding of 350 guests.

mike · Married on 04/23/2016

we requested Josh for our wedding. He had been the DJ at a wedding we attended prior to ours and he is fantastic all around. i have never seen a dance floor so continuously crowded with people wanting to dance the entire night than our wedding. the whole staff at asedj is very organized and professional they even have an app for planning purposes.

Sent on 05/14/2016

A Special Event DJ's reply:

Thanks Mike & Congratulations! Best wishes from everyone at ASE DJ!

Cody · Married on 12/31/2015

The best vendor we had for anything that dealt with our wedding on NYE!! We loved all the staff we met. From the very beginning everyone was very respectful and was so excited for our NYE wedding! We would highly recommend A Special Event DJ for any wedding or event! The lighting, music, our requests everything we asked for - they provided and so much more! Thanks again A Special Event DJ!

Sent on 04/18/2016

A Special Event DJ's reply:

Awww Cody - you just made our day! Working with you and Jonathon was a pleasure. We wish you both all the best!

ASE DJ was great to work with! From our first meeting 10 months before the wedding, to losing our venue, and finding a new one, to the wedding, they were simply amazing! After losing our venue, they sent us a document with all of the venues in the surrounding area to help us find another one. Their online song selection and schedule system was awesome to use! It helped us get a base for what we wanted at our wedding. Communicating with Ellie was great before the wedding and she was extremely helpful! A couple weeks before the wedding, we got to meet with our DJ and it really helped us know how things were going to go. They were even nice enough to throw in 2 extra uplights! Dustin was an awesome DJ at our wedding and really knew how to keep the dance floor full and readjust our schedule when needed! I loved working with ASE DJ and would recommend them to any couple looking for a great DJ for their wedding!!

Megan · Married on 09/27/2015

From the initial consultation to the dj and photo attendant everyone was so great to work with! Definitely recommend for any occasion.

Thank you ASE for providing the latest in equipment and sending out the best people!

I must commend DJ and MC Kelsey who respected the music selections made by the Bride and Groom. I’ve heard this is so often not the case. I was pleased with Kelsey’s provision of a great atmosphere through a good mix of music at a volume that was comfortable for dancers and converationalists...even those seated closest to the dance floor. How often have you been able to say that at a wedding dance?! Kelsey has a personal yet professional, enthusiastic, warm and refined MC style. Here’s and example of her ability to think on her feet: When I suddenly realized where she was going with the couple’s dance, I dashed over to her and explained that the Bride’s grandmother had fallen that morning so could not be on the dance floor. Kelsey knew just what to do. She told me to get her into a wheelchair and get her over there! This beautiful grandmother suddenly found herself with her husband center-stage. There she responded to Kelsey’s questions with grace: they had recently celebrated 60 years of marriage! And, without missing a beat, she shared her advice for a long and happy marriage. The Bride’s grandmother was a beaming. I think we all were.

I visited the Photo Booth only briefly, at my granddaughter’s request, and am so happy I did! I had thought of a photo booth [only!] as entertainment. But it’s also a fun guest book! I highly recommend you choose this option from ASE DJ, too! Worth every penny! I A large booth that holds up to ten! Up-to-date equipment, two efficient professionals, fun mementos for guests, and a very personal and fun keepsake for the Bride and Groom. Well done, Kim and Korbi!

Erica · Married on 07/18/2015

Amazing! The DJ was phenomenal, and the photo booth was so much fun. We loved getting the book of all of the photo booth prints for the night, it was hilarious to go through the next day!

Alison · Married on 04/11/2015

We met DJs from ASE at a bridal show and knew we wanted to book them right away. Their DJs were fun and entertaining just upon meeting them. I really liked using ASE's online tools to plan our reception and create a playlist. DJ Josh did an awesome job keeping things moving after all our speeches and the dance floor was always full. He did a great job playing all the songs we wanted but mixed things up to keep everybody moving. Even the caterers joined in on the dancing fun. Thanks for the awesome party ASE and DJ Josh!

Jean · Married on 03/28/2015

A Special Event DJ and Photo Booth exceeded my expectations for our daughter's wedding. We originally met them at the Bridal Shower held at the Hy-Vee Convention Center, back in January of 2014. We were very impressed and kept their business card handy. When it came time to choose a DJ, the only one we wanted was A Special Event. During the wedding, the music was wonderful and made the whole ceremony an emotional ride for me. During the receptiom, they kept the crowd going and were very open to song requests. Their whole setup was very impressive and blended right in with the up lighting and other decor throughout the venue area. Their photo booth, and props provided with it, was fun for the old and the young. I thank A Special Event DJ and Photo Booth for helping to give my daughter a night she will never forget. You truly offer an excellent service and I would highly recommend you to anyone who is looking for a DJ and photo booth, along with up lighting. Thank you so much for all that you gave us.

Tyler · Married on 01/17/2015

Very professional, great music, and kept the party going!

Jenna · Married on 12/31/2014

ASE was great to work with! They were timely, friendly and professional!

Heidi · Married on 12/13/2014

Simply thrilled with everyone I worked with leading up to and during the event! So easy, so nice, so accommodating!!!! Thank you!!!!

Robert · Married on 11/08/2014

We have nothing but good things to say about the professionalism and performance of the DJ service we received. Music selection was great and helped the day flow well. Great job!

They were so helpful through everything. We got so many compliments on our DJ. He was so great to everyone especially the bride and groom. I think he had as much fun as everyone at the reception which is so great to have someone that loves their job and strives to make the best experience for all involved!

My husband and I used A Special Event for our wedding DJ and photo booth. Both services were exceptional! I have nothing but great things to say. I highly recommend them to all!

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

Josh was a great DJ for our wedding! He was very energetic and made our reception unforgettable! I already recommended him to one of my friends who is getting married in June.

Alushia · Married on 09/27/2014

The DJ we had for our wedding was great very flexible with our schedule throughout the evening and played a great mix of music and really stuck to our play and do not play lists.
    I do wish the photo booth hours could have been more flexible as we lost about a hour and a half bc it was during lunch the speeches and dances.