A Soulful Commitment Reviews

48 Reviews for A Soulful Commitment

1 User photo

A Soulful Commitment 1

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2014

My Husband and I were married on October 4th, 2014 at Grey Stone Fields by Reverend Dina McGee. She was recommended to us from a friend who also was married by her. We loved her from the moment we met her. Her flexibility in letting us customize our own wedding ceremony was greatly appreciated and allowed us a very unique and memorable ceremony. I have got nothing but great compliments from our wedding guests regarding our ceremony and Reverend Dina McGee herself. My husband and I plan to renew our vows in 25 years and we sure hope that Reverend Dina McGee will be able to do that for us.

Sent on 02/22/2015

karen · Married on 08/28/2014

she was great would recommend to friends. very polite friendly and understanding thank you very much

Sent on 11/14/2014

Dina was a wonderful officiant and very courteous. We designed a very personal ceremony with her, she did a rose ceremony, hand fasting and we did a ceremony giving roses to our mothers. She was very down to earth and kept a light and airy mood. She also made us feel very comfortable in the planning process which every bride knows can be stressful. I would recomend her to any bride that I knew.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/26/2014

Dina, from A Soulful Commitment, was incredible. From our first meeting she was professional and we knew at our first meeting we wanted her to perform our ceremony. Dina was friendly, thorough and extremely professional. She went above and beyond. We are so happy we choose Dina! We recommend her without reservations!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2014

Dina was very good at performing our wedding ceremony! She helped us go through everything the night before at the rehearsal which was very helpful! She helped us customize our wedding ceremony and it turned out great! We do not have any regrets! She is the best!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Tina · Married on 05/24/2014

I would definitely recommend Dina to anyone looking to create a magical wedding ceremony. She makes your ceremony your own. My husband and I wrote personal letters to each other that she read exactly as we had intended them to be read when we were writing them. Dina is a fantastic public speaker and everyone after our wedding was commenting about the ceremony and how touching and personal it was. We couldn't have ask for anything more amazing.

kay · Married on 03/09/2014

Dina was warm, friendly, professional, and helpful with our vows. Thanks for being part of our wedding day!!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Great to work with and plan our service the way we wanted it to occur!

Sent on 07/07/2014

We seriously could not say enough great things about Dina. She ensured that the process leading up to the ceremony was smooth, and Dina helped us a lot with suggestions and ideas for how we could make our wedding special. We were supposed to get married in July but had to push up our wedding last minute and Dina was so flexible and luckily was available! The ceremony she delivered was just beautiful and all of our guests kept saying how special and sweet it was. Every interaction from first contact to our wedding day was friendly, encouraging, and prompt. We would recommend her in a heartbeat! Thank you Dina!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Micaela · Married on 07/05/2013

Dina was amazing to work with. She's such a great person and really goes out of her way to make your big day special. Our ceremony was gorgeous and had half of our guests in tears. She helped me build an intimate and meaningful ceremony that reflected who we are and what this day meant to us. I felt like our guests walked out of our ceremony knowing more about us than when they walked in and that was exactly what I wanted. It was perfect and I couldn't have done it without Dina.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/13/2012

Rev. Dina McGee created an amazing ceremony for my husband, Nick and I! From our first meeting, we could tell that she truly cared about the couples that she worked and genuinely cared about what they wanted for their ceremony. She worked with us for over a year in creating a perfect ceremony and had no problem with my last minute changes and requests! She was able to create beautiful words to express the message we wanted in our ceremony and eloquently delivered that message the day of our wedding! My family and friends had many compliments to give us about our ceremony and about Rev. McGee! It truly was perfect! Thanks Dina!!

Sent on 10/24/2012
  • User1622038 · 2+ years ago

Rev. Dina was TREMENDOUS to work with! She was caring, thoughtful and provided all the templates we needed to customize a wedding that was perfect for us. She even helped my husband write his vowels! Her words were so beautiful that even my holy roller family members who were upset with me for not getting married in a church were impressed and pleased! Thank you so much Dina!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2012

Rev. Dina performed our wedding ceremony for us. It was Lovely! She made sure that we got everything we wanted and wanted to convey. She took the time to listen to us and make sure that our day was perfect. We have had many people ask us about our ceremony that was both romantic and full of love toward our family. Thank you for such a memoriable day.
    Michelle and Jim Richardson

Sent on 06/22/2012

Kathy · Married on 02/14/2012

I would highly recommend Rev. McGee...she officiated our renewal and it was so beautiful. From the moment I called and spoke to her I knew she would be the perfect fit for our special day! She made our ceremony so special that we will remember that day for many years to come. She was so flexible with the ceremony to ensure that our day included all the things that meant the most to us.

If you are looking for an officiant that will capture all of your dreams - you can't go wrong by giving Rev. McGee a call. You'll never regret it!

Sent on 05/23/2012

annette · Married on 10/14/2011

Rev. Dina performed a beautiful and memorable ceremony. It was very important to us that our wedding be unique and fit our personalities. She made it so easy for us to design a ceremony that did just that. Many of our guests shared with us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. She was very easy to work with and is such a wonderful person.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/16/2011

Dina is so sweet and kind - we knew she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding ceremony. She really helped us to create a moving, personal civil ceremony. So many of our guests complimented us on the ceremony and on what a wonderful officiant Dina was. I highly recommend A Soulful Commitment if you're looking for an alternative to the typical religious minister/priest, etc.

Sent on 05/02/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/31/2015

Dina was extremely professional and made our wedding a great experience.

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • Matt

Matthew · Married on 06/11/2011

Dina was absolutely great. She took the time to get to know us and tailor the service to match us exactly. She was really accommodating and flexible with our unique take on a wedding ceremony and seemed happy to be part of the process. She even went above and beyond in agreeing to be the announcer for our reception, her first time!

Julie and I couldn't have been happier with the services Dina provided, and we were so happy to have her be part of our special day! Thanks for helping make it great, Dina!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Alice · Married on 07/30/2016

Dinah is so easy to work with. Her book is so helpful with creating the perfect ceremony. She is very flexible with what you want to include. It's all about you and how you want the ceremony to go. She will also provide input if you request. If your ceremony is important, then A Soulful Commitment is the way to go!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Jayme · Married on 05/25/2014

Dina did an amazing job as our officiant for our wedding. She provided us with various examples so we could customize the ceremony to fit our needs. She was professional and helpful with any questions we had.

4.2
      3.0

Dina was wonderful! It did take her awhile to get us our draft of our ceremony though. The ceremony was wonderful and every bring we asked for, but for the 15 minute ceremony, I think it was SEVERELY over priced. Cost us $450 for the 15 minute ceremony and 1 meeting with her. She is a great person though and did the exact ceremony we asked for!

Sent on 11/04/2015

A Soulful Commitment's reply:

Thank you for your input, and kind words!
    I appreciate your concern about the price you were given. I do know that a rehearsal was included with that price, and then was later taken off- making it $350. Additionally, in the one hour meeting, the designing of your ceremony, the templates that have been cultivated and added to over the last 10 years. The several email exchanges of working through the ceremony composition. I have been told by several wedding professionals that I am well under priced, compared to other wedding officiants.
    I am very sorry that my response time was slow. I can tell you that this year was an incredibly busy season, and I did my very best. The ceremony was executed professionally, and I wish you the very best. May your marriage be a joyful adventure.
    Dina

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2014

3.6
      3.5

Dina did a nice job for our wedding.

1.2
      0.5
      1.5
      2.0
      2.0
      0.5

It has been 7 months since my wedding and I still feel the needed to put a review up. We got married in October, Rev. Dina was over an hour late, called my husband Josh, when his name is John and forgot to mention and had to ask during my ceremony for my deceased family member’s names when we were doing the tribute to them in the ceremony. I would not recommend her at all.
    I will say this, pre ceremony wise, she was great called and gave us many option as to what could go into our service. And was willing to customize it to us, But unfortunately on the day she dropped the ball big time and it’s something we will all never forget. Could have over looked if it was one thing, but my video of my wedding has everyone correcting her about my husbands and she brushed it off like it was nothing.
    We reached out to her after expressing our feelings

Sent on 05/27/2015

A Soulful Commitment's reply:

It has been 7 months since this wedding, and within the last 2 days, this past client has found it necessary to slander me on every wedding website there is.
    Amanda waited until the last minute to find an officiant. I already had a wedding booked on her date, but told her that if she was flexible, I could do it. I had reservations because it was so far away, but She assured me that as long as it would take place before dark we were good. It was in a shed in the middle of nowhere~ GPS couldn't track it, and she gave very poor instructions.
    My previous wedding took a little longer than expected, and I attempted to call and text Amanda several times to let her know. I drove 90+ mph for over an hour to try to get to her on time, and when I got to the address she gave me, I found out that I still had another 10 minutes to drive. So I showed up about 40 minutes late, and the wedding didn't start for another 20 afterwards. It is also not my fault about the temperature being 30 degrees. Mother Nature doesn't always listen to me.
    I did call John~ Josh and I apologized sincerely. My previous wedding's groom was named Josh, and I was so flustered, that I mis spoke. It was an honest mistake. I was incredibly embarrassed.
    Amanda is right, I did not have her remembrance of family in the document correctly. She gave me the names at the very last minute, and I had her previous draft of ceremony already uploaded. The new one would not open for me, and I didn't have a chance to get the names beforehand. I apologized for this as well.
    I do use my iPad for weddings. Because every single wedding is uniquely different, I am not able to memorize every wedding.
    Amanda did reach out to me afterwards, to demand that I give her a refund in entirety, and threatened to sue me if I didn't. I offered to giver $100 in a refund because I was late, and she never got back to me to accept the offer.
    I am very sorry you were not satisfied with my services.