A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes Reviews

126 | Sarasota, FL

126 Reviews for A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes

Jessica · Married on 05/15/2010

FABULOUS!!!!!! The cake was spectacular looking and was more than I had even dreamed about. As a local catering diretor I see lots of wedding and event ckes throughout the year, but "Slice of Heaven's" are always the best. Great price, exceptional look and they always cut and taste terrific. I received a ton of compliments regarding the cake a decor and it was a sure showpiece to my event. I loved, loved, loved it and so did my new husband. I cannot wait to order another cake for our next event, and I will always recommend Slice of Heaven for every occasion at my facility!!!

The New Jessica & Randy Madsen

Sent on 05/19/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2010

I've never tasted a cake so good in my life. Our cake was a slice if heaven and bueatiful too!!! It was perfect.

Jen and Torin M.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Katrina · Married on 05/08/2010

I ordered my wedding cake from A Slice of heaven and was very pleased with the cake. They were flexible in design and delivery, and made a delicious cake. I ordered a beach themed cake and it came out beautiful.

Sent on 05/14/2010
  • SunSand

Sandra · Married on 02/27/2010

We ordered the cake way in advance so I was a little nervous about them forgetting how i wanted it. Let me tell you, the cake was exactly how I wanted it. It was delicious, all 3 flavors. It arrived on time, and in perfect condition. I couldn't ask for more. Just perfect. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/07/2010
  • F

Chris J. · Married on 10/17/2009

Our wedding cake was beautiful! We received absolutely wonderful comments from our guests! My husband and I wanted something simple, elegant, and delicious. A Slice Of Heaven was so helpful and affordable! We definitely recommend them to anyone who needs any time of cake! THANK YOU SO MUCH SLICE OF HEAVEN!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2009

A Slice of Heaven was a delight to work with from the first meeting to the flawless product they delivered to our wedding. Every detail was perfect from the appearance to the moist delicious cake. I had a number of my guests stop me to tell me it was the most delicous wedding cake they had ever had. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 10/04/2009

Julie · Married on 09/12/2009

We loved, loved, loved our cake from A Slice of Heaven! We ordered a cake from their 'Brides on a Budget' line and it was wonderful. Very cost-effective and also TOP QUALITY. They did a great job with it and even personalized the fondant ribbon on top to match my wedding color, which wasn't advertised on their website as an option, but was definitely a nice surprise when they offered it to me. I also didn't know ahead of time that we could choose different flavors for the top and bottom tiers and was glad for that as well. The cake was delicious -- especially the buttercream frosting. We received many compliments at the reception from our guests on the cake. Great job! I would recommend them highly!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Erin · Married on 09/06/2009

I would not hesitate to reccommend A Slice of Heaven to anyone in the Tampa Bay area who is in need of a special occasion cake. It was B-E-A-utiful, and so incredibly delicious. People are still (2 weeks later) talking about the look and taste of our wedding cake. :)

Sent on 09/22/2009

Tracy · Married on 08/15/2009

We are from Ft. Worth and had to pick our wedding cake by looking online. A Slice of Heaven was perfect! It was great having so many pictures online to help get ideas for our cake. Stephanie was very helpful over the phone on designing the cake. We combined ideas from 4 different cakes. The cake was exactly as I had envisioned. We loved it! Of course we were nervous that it wouldn't taste as great as it looked. How wrong! It was absolutely delicious. The first tier was lemon with lemon mouse filling and the second tier was french vanilla with raspberry filling. They were fabulous! All the guests raved about how yummy they were. Needless to say we were lucky somebody grabbed us a couple of pieces to take back to our resort with us :) We highly recommend A Slice of Heaven!

Sent on 08/23/2009

Beth · Married on 07/11/2009

We chose A Slice of Heaven for our wedding cake...actually wedding cupcakes!
    We had a small wedding with just family and a few select friends. The cupcakes were perfect to bring to our luncheon after the ceremony. They were beautifully done and were absolutely delicious. It was the perfect choice!
    Beth and Roger Wolak

Sent on 12/06/2009

Whitney · Married on 05/08/2009

The cake and cupcakes were exactly as we envisioned. Very tasty, the cupcakes were a huge hit! I highly recommend A Slice of Heaven, great prices too!

Sent on 07/23/2009

Adrian · Married on 05/02/2009

They had so many cakes to choose from and so many flavors, picking the cake was the easiest part of my wedding! They knew exactly what I wanted and they made it perfectly! It was a nice surprise when I got to the reception and saw the finished cake. All my guests complimented the cake and raved about the key lime layer!

Sent on 11/03/2009

Abby · Married on 04/04/2009

I did cupcakes and they were FANTASTIC!! The display that they set up was great and would highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/07/2009

Marcia · Married on 03/29/2009

Fantastic and very professional as well as flexible. The cake was stunning and scrumptious as well!!

Sent on 08/24/2009

Elisabeth · Married on 12/05/2008

Michelle and Tom are the best. We had two cakes and they were both AMAZING. We live in Boston and were a little nervous with cakes we never tasted but they were fantastic! They did a great job with the main cake and the grooms cake (Boston Red Sox hat sitting on grass) looked awesome too. It's not every wedding where the cakes look AND taste good, but they exceeded my expectations. Follow their advice if you're looking for ideas, they know their stuff!

Sent on 01/20/2009

Diana · Married on 10/11/2008

A pleasure to work with. Wedding and grooms cake both came out better than we could have imagined. They listened to us and gave us exactly what we had in our heads.

Sent on 10/23/2008

Julie · Married on 07/12/2008

Wow!! I've never been to a wedding where everyone loved not only the look of the cake but also the taste. Everyone at our wedding loved the beach theme cake decoration and the taste was incredible. If you don't want a regular wedding cake (like us) you can order an occasional cake. Our occasional cake had beautiful shells cascading, was 4 layers with incredible fillings (European raspberry and chocolate mousse). You can't go wrong with A Slice Of Heaven. Plus, what you see on their website is exactly what you'll get. Gorgeous cakes for weddings!

Sent on 07/16/2008

Brandy · Married on 06/20/2008

A Slice of Heaven did a wonderful job on both of my wedding cakes. We ordered two cakes from them. One was a beautiful butterfly cake with pink and green design to match my bridesmaid dresses. It was a delicious flavor of coconut with pina colada filling. The second cake was a WVU (West Virginia University) blue cake for the groom's cake in the flavoring of vanilla with strawberry filling. We had to order online due to living in WV and the wedding was in FL. They did a wonderful job and the cakes were exactly what I asked for them to be. Excellent job and I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 07/18/2008

Treva · Married on 05/10/2008

Our wedding cake was fabulous! We wanted to go with a beach theme since we were planning a destination wedding on Long Boat Key in May. Since we live in Maryland we were a little nervous just picking any vendor for our wedding cake. Tom at Little Slice of Heaven was so helpful and really put us at ease. The wedding cake was awesome! It was made exactly as I wanted it with shells, starfish, and the pansies that I requested. And unlike other wedding cakes I have tasted in the past, it was the most tasty cake ever! We even had it for breakfast the next day before we left for our honeymoon! I highly recommend Little Slice of Heaven...They are friendly, professional, and make a fabulous cake.

Treva and Kurt Kosco

Sent on 08/12/2008

Nadia · Married on 05/10/2008

We walked into our appointment at A Slice of Heaven with a picture from a magazine that required a keen eye for detail and alot of experience in cake design. They delivered a cake that was perfection and every bit as delicious. We were so pleased and so were our guests...even when we added more than originally expected, they were able to accomodate.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2012

We went to A Slice of Heaven pretty much based on word of mouth. I was told about certain bakers I could go to in the area to either get the fanciest cake or the absolute tastiest wedding cake, which was A Slice of Heaven. Since taste was our priority I was happy to choose A Slice of Heaven, but even more impressed that they were able to execute our design ideas to a tee! We showed up with a picture of a cake from a bridal magazine with damask fondant cut outs on the layers as well as one of our invitations, asking that they create a similar design and they did a FABULOUS job. I don't think our cake was like anything they had in their portfolio pictures so I was so happy to see that they could step out and make the design we desired. So not only was the cake beautiful but it was SO SO SO good. We had french vanilla cake with key lime filling and I am seriously looking forward to our one year anniversary so I can thaw out our cake topper and enjoy the delicious cake again!!!

Sent on 10/05/2012
  • X

Christina · Married on 11/12/2011

My cake was perfect! It looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. EVeryone at a slice of heaven was wonderful to work with, especially since I was planning my wedding from NJ.

Sent on 02/04/2012
  • F

Laverne · Married on 02/20/2011

Sarasota Cakes makes some of the most delicious cakes ever. Their use of buttercream rather than fondent is not only awesome tasting but looks great as well. I provide a picture of a cake that I wanted to replicate and they did a fabulous job in recreating it!! Their artistry is second to none. They were even willing to deliver the cake to Tampa -- more than an hour away. Be sure to order the chocolate cake with the rasberry filling. It's outta this world!

Sent on 02/27/2011

Azucena · Married on 05/29/2010

We did not have a wedding cake, but used A Slice of Heaven for our grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner. It was a beautiful and delicious grooms cake!! WOW! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/18/2010

Christina · Married on 11/08/2009

Their cakes are absolutely amazing! We were planning this wedding from 3,000 miles away which was a bit difficult. Their staff was helpful and easy to work with. They made this process easy! We faxed in a picture of the cake we wanted and they did it! It was more beautiful than we could have imagined. Not only did it look absolutely amazing, it tasted amazing! People went back for seconds. Their cakes are pieces of art and it really made the day. They are absolutely stunning. If you are thinking of going anywhere else don't!

Sent on 11/21/2009