A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes Reviews

119 | Sarasota, FL

119 Reviews for A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes

119 A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes Reviews

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

We ordered one of their "Brides on a Budget" cakes for our wedding in March. Absolutely beautiful and sooo delicious! Our wedding was at the beach, so we chose the cake with shells on it--- white cake with raspberry filling & vanilla icing. SO good.

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

A Slice of Heaven did an amazing job with my wedding cake. I had a difficult time at first trying to find someone who could do a cake with red frosting without using fondant. They did the entire cake in red buttercream frosting, only using fondant on the stripes and polka dots. This was a life saver considering that most people hate the taste of fondant. The cake not only looked awesome but tasted delicious! We were extremely happy with their services. They were quick to respond to all of my emails too which was great because I was planning my wedding in Sarasota all the way from Denver so email and phone were my only real options. I would highly recommend their services for your next event.

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

Thomas did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! It was more than we ever expected and it was so delicious! We got so many compliments on it! We definitely recommend Slice of Heaven!

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2016

Absolutely go with this vendor! The cake was delicious and exactly what I was looking for! Everyone commented how delicious it was and how beautiful the wedding cake looked. We chose the "Brides on a Budget" option and it was perfect price for $$$$$ taste! 100% would recommend!

My wedding is just around the corner and I had waited a little long to book my cake but Tom was great to work with! I found him through an Internet search. He was wonderfully courteous on the phone and we set up an appointment to try some of their flavors and everything was great. He felt confident that he could give me the exact cake that I wanted and I am so excited to see how it turns out!

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I used A Slice of Heaven for our wedding cake and we could not have been happier. It was absolutely gorgeous and precisely what we asked for. Not only were they able to give us the intricate cushion look that we requested on one of the layers, but it actually tasted as good as it looked which doesn't happen often! And the prices were more than reasonable. We would highly recommend A Slice of Heaven!

James · Married on 10/10/2015

Although we had three different layers and three different flavors, the key lime and raspberry was to die for

Amanda · Married on 07/03/2015

This was for a destination wedding and we were nervous about not being able to have a tasting. The cake turned out to be absolutely amazing and we couldn't have been more thrilled with the service and the cake! We are sad to say that the top tier didn't make it back to Ohio. I guess we will just have to have them make us a small cake for our one year anniversary when we go back to Florida! Thank you for everything!

Nikki · Married on 06/26/2015

This cake I picked out online as I was traveling from Illinois to Florida for my wedding. I based my decision off the reviews. Reviews were amazing and honestly it was the most amazing cake and most beautifully decorated cake I have ever tasted and seen! It will not dissapoint! Highly recommend this company. It was delicious!!

Lindsey · Married on 06/22/2015

We had A Slice of Heaven design our wedding cake. We live in Jacksonville but our wedding was in the Tampa area. We didn't have the time and flexibility to drive back and forth between Jacksonville and the Tampa area, let alone down to Sarasota. We relied on reviews and pictures from the internet to pick our cake. I sent Thomas my cake idea and let him design the cake. I was essentially "blind" to the whole process of picking and designing the cake, but it was perfect. My cake was really one of the biggest surprises of our wedding day. It was exactly what I had discussed with the bakery. The details were perfect and it tasted amazing! We ordered the french vanilla and strawberry and pina colada flavors. It was really one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had. The guests loved it too.

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

My catering company, Sarasota Catering, recommended A Slice of Heaven to us. I worked with Thomas and Michelle on both my surprise groom's cake and tiered cupcake tower. They went above and beyond to make my vision a reality. They were quick to respond to all my questions and emails during the wedding planning process. Michelle was so patient through all my indecisiveness and had great suggestions and guidance. The groom's cake and cupcake tower both turned out incredible and I received tons of compliments on them (wish I could share pictures). Whatever ideas you have, they will do whatever it takes to deliver. I'm so happy I went with A Slice of Heaven for my wedding!

Leslie · Married on 04/03/2015

My cake was absolutely perfect. In fact, I've never tasted wedding cake this delicious...ever. Received SO many compliments on it... The manager, Tom was super helpful in looking at the big picture during my initial tasting/meeting. He asked about decor, dinner menu, etc. I supplied him with a picture of a cake I wanted too - a 3-tired buttercream-iced cake with simple texture and lemons, rosemary, and lavender adorning each tier. He dissected the cake, wanting to make sure every detail would be exactly how I wanted it.

The cake was everything I wanted...simple and southern. The vanilla buttercream icing is insane...so many back notes of rum and aromatics. The cake itself was CRAZY moist and the lemon curd and lemon cream fillings just took it over the top. I will say it again...this was the BEST wedding cake I've ever had.

I highly recommend this vendor for quality, value, and professionalism.

Krystle · Married on 03/29/2015

A Slice of Heaven was nothing sort of amazing to work with. My wife and I ordered cupcakes for our wedding meet and greet as well as my grooms cake from there. The grooms cake was custom and they were so flexible and communicative throughout the process. They even designed our cupcakes in the shape of a bride and groom, which was a special touch for our wedding day. Will definitely order from them again.

Donna · Married on 12/13/2014

Ordered a cake for my daughters wedding from "A Slice of Heaven" and the name truly fit the description of their cake ... it was delicious! They delivered on time, communicated promptly, and were absolutely delightful to work with. We ordered the budget seashell cake and the cake looked beautiful! They did not compromise quality for budget. We were really happy with them and their service.

Michelle · Married on 11/01/2014

We had 2 cakes - A bridal cake and a grooms cake and both came out better than we could have dreamed! We threw out the ideas that we had for each cake and those ideas became a beautiful reality! Both cakes were beautiful AND delicious!

Judy · Married on 10/11/2014

The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. It was perfect in every way.

Schaner · Married on 10/10/2014

Wonderful Cake! Beautiful design! GREAT TASTE! We had a beach theme wedding. Our cake was trimmed in frosting sea shells! Lot's of pix ideas to look at. They will help you customize your cake to make it just what you want. Priced fairly. Quality beyond expectation! The Schaner's 10-10-2014

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2014

This was one of the most beautiful cakes and the most delicious cake ive ever had. We where so pleased with our beach theme wedding cake. We only had two weeks to find a bakery for our wedding cake and they made it happen and for an awesome price. Thank you again

Katie · Married on 04/29/2014

My cake was delicious and so beautiful. The bakery was also able to accommodate a last minute change of size on the cake.

Tammy · Married on 04/12/2014

I had a cake and 3 different variety of cupcakes from Slice of Heaven. It was by far the best cake and flavor I have ever had. The flowers they put on were done very nicely. Great JOB!! Guests loved them too!

Kieara · Married on 04/12/2014

This is where we ordered our wedding cake from. I looked on their website & chose the cake that we wanted & went for a cake tasting. They were able to answer any questions that I had. The day of the wedding it was delivered promptly to our wedding venue. It was very fresh! It was beautiful & I got multiple comments on how beautiful & classy it looked.

Kristen · Married on 04/12/2014

We ordered our wedding cake through Slice of Heaven for our beach themed wedding. They created an absolute masterpiece with beautiful and edible shells with coral, and a very unique and detailed treasure chest. They even added sharks teeth for us! Everyone loved the look and taste of the cake and wanted more. Tom was very helpful and guided us through the cake design as well as all of the wonderful flavors and fillings that were available. We will definitely be ordering an anniversary cake from them in our future and we don't even live in the same city!

miriam · Married on 04/05/2014

There are no words to describe the amazing cake that A Slice of Heaven delivered. All of our guests were remarking how beautiful and original the cake was - great design. And the taste was fabulous !!!!!

Slice of Heaven made us a picture perfect cake for our wedding. It was even better than we had hoped for!! Tom and Michelle are the best at what they do! They take pride in what they do and it shows! They delivered our perfect cake right on time and took extra measures to be sure it was set up and looked beautiful. It was beyond amazingly delicious and beautiful! Our guests loved it as did we!! I highly recommend them! !! Thank you Tom and Michelle!!! You are the Best!!!

Look no more! You MUST use Slice of Heaven for your wedding cake! I did a wedding cupcake tower with top tier cutting cake and it was well within my budget. I also must have changed our design at least 4 times and they had absolutely no qualms about it. Our cake was beautiful and even better than what I envisioned. And even though we didn't do the now popular fondant (which doesn't taste that good), the cake was smoothly and flawlessly covered and decorated.

But most importantly it TASTED LIKE A SLICE OF HEAVEN. We did french vanilla with house buttercream and strawberry filling. Even those who don't typically eat cake or like wedding cakes LOVED it.