A Piece of Cake & Desserts Reviews

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 5
  • Rachel

Rachel Chartier · Getting married on 02/16/2020

It was perfect

Laurie knew exactly what I wanted in a cake! She was amazing!

Sent on 04/10/2019

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

It was our pleasure working with you for your special day. We deeply appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 11/09/2019

Yummy and beautiful

The cake was delicious and our guests loved the cupcakes!!

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 6
    Sent on 11/11/2019

Kari,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We loved making all your cupcakes minis and regular and creating your cupcake masterpiece!
  • Celeste

Celeste · Married on 11/09/2019

They took the (Wedding Cake)

A Piece of cake and Dessert did our wedding cake and our dessert bar and it was so amazing, the sweet stole the show and were a fantastic little treat for later on in the evening.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Sears · Married on 11/09/2019

Great wedding cake

Our experience with Laura was great. We sampled lots of flavors and our three tier cake was amazing with three level of flavors.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Leah

Leah Schwarting · Married on 10/19/2019

Centerpiece of the wedding

Our wedding cake was the most delicious I’d ever had. We wanted edible decorations, and Laurie and her team covered it in macarons and chocolate-dipped Oreos. We got a ton of compliments and it looked gorgeous!

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 7
    Sent on 10/20/2019

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Leah, thank you so much for your sweet review. We ate so happy that you were pleased and grateful for your order.
  • Maia

Maia · Married on 03/24/2019

Deliciously Amazing

The cake/cupcake tier was so good. I did everything online and email not knowing how it would taste. It was delicious and my guest loved it. Thank you

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 8
    Sent on 04/05/2019

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Maia, we ate so happy you were pleased. We really try hard to help clients that are out of town feel comfortable!
  • User3172248 · 1+ year ago

I highly recommend A Piece of Cake for any bakery needs! For my wedding, Laurie (owner of A Piece of Cake) made a beautiful 4 tiered cake that was not only gorgeous but DELICIOUS as well! I have never been to a wedding and actually enjoyed the cake. EVERYONE was commenting in how absolutely delicious the cake was. I can't rave enough about how incredible the cake tasted. She also created a wonderful cotton candy station for my reception. All of her goodies were a huge hit! Be sure to book her for your event!

Sent on 04/02/2013
  • Candyce

Candyce · Married on 10/05/2018

Stunning wedding cake

The first time we met Laurie, we sat down and she drew what our vision was for our wedding cake. I cannot say enough how amazing she is because we were blown away by how stunning our cake was! We didn't even want to cut it...it was like a masterpiece. I would highly recommend having Laurie create your wedding cake..a million times over!!!

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 9
    Sent on 10/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2018

now this was one magical cake! i had a vision and Laurie made my dreams come true. it was clean and each tier was exactly how i requested. my mother said she had never seen a cake so pretty.

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 10
    A Piece of Cake & Desserts 11
    Sent on 05/02/2018

ashley · Married on 03/02/2018

Amazing!!! I had hired one baker to do a bride and groom cake and then a ton of mini desserts but unfortunately they closed their shop a month and a half before my wedding. I was so relieved when I found this baker because they were the only one to answer any of my calls or emails about a last minute wedding cake and desserts. Life saver! Everything was delicious and all of the dessert that was not eaten we boxed up and ate the next day and it was just as good! Cant thank Laurie enough for all of her help and delicious treats! Would recommend this baker to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/11/2018

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Thank you Ashley, so glad we could help you out and you loved everything! Many blessings to you!!!

Crystal · Married on 12/23/2017

Like I mentioned in another review, our cake was stunning! The taste is amazing and the fondant is perfect! I tried both the middle/top layer and it tastes incredible! I highly recommend Laurie to create your dream cake!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Arlene · Married on 11/11/2017

Laurie was great to work with from beginning to end. I was a long distance bride so we did a lot of emailing back and forth. She answered emails promptly. We flew down to Florida 7 months before the wedding for the cake testing and some other wedding stuff. When we went for the cake tasting she had everything ready for us and gave us some great ideas to enhance the cake that we wanted. It was also great that we were able to have my mom and aunt there to taste the different cake flavors. With a 7 month time difference from the cake tasting to the day of, the cake was exactly what we had agreed upon. Our cake had two different flavors, Raspberry swirl with pink champagne butter cream and chocolate cake with cookies & cream buttercream. Both were delicious. She was very accommodating with changes, especially when we needed to add a sheet cake a month before the wedding. We had nothing but compliments about the cake from our wedding guests.

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 12
    Sent on 01/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Laurie was great from the start with our cake tasting. We were able to mix and match flavors. We chose vanilla bean cake with strawberry marmalade mixed in vanilla buttercream and our second flavor was amaretto cake with amaretto buttercream. Both were delicious. She made sugar flowers that cascaded down our cake that matched with our centerpieces. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. It arrived without any problems. Laurie was great with responding to emails and keeping in contact. Would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a wedding cake. Overall, a great tasting and cake for our wedding day. Thanks, Laurie.

A Piece of Cake & Desserts 13
    Sent on 10/09/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Thanks for your "sweet" review! We loves working with you and your venue looked gorgeous!! We are so happy you chose us to make the cake for your special day!

Kaelin · Married on 06/26/2017

I'm so grateful that I found A Piece of Cake & Desserts! Laurie was such a pleasure to work with, was very responsive to all emails I sent, and is a wonderful decorator and a from scratch baker. You cannot get this quality anywhere, and I'm so happy she made my absolutely stunning (and crazy delicious) wedding cake; our guests wanted seconds! I recommend her so highly, she will not disappoint you!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Thank you for choosing us to be part of your very special and beautiful day!!!

Laura · Married on 06/24/2017

Laurie was a great person to work with planning my wedding! She decorated my cake beautiful. The cake tasted amazing. Would recomend to use this company anytime!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

We are so happy we got to be part of your special day!!!

Bradley · Married on 06/10/2017

I was not an easy person to work with given I am fairly OCD in terms of straight lines and attention to detail. Laurie went WAY above and beyond on both our grooms cake and wedding cake and at the last minute, a kids set up with cupcakes and cake pops etc. People were asking for more and more and were saying how amazing our cake(s) looked and were presented (and tasted!). For me specifically, the lines were flawless and hit the nail on the head with what I was expecting. And I was the groom! Laurie did an absolutely amazing job and will be using her for future orders for birthdays and events. She worked with us with our budget and I didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of for the price. Simply put, there is not anyone else I would turn too or mention when it comes to cakes in the Tampa area.

Sent on 07/04/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

It was our pleasure to work with your family and thrilled that you were happy. We wish you best of luck on all your future endeavors!!

Rachel · Married on 06/03/2017

A piece of cake was amazing! I ordered my cake, popcorn bar, and cookie favors and they all turned out perfect! Great Experience!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/13/2017

I found Piece of Cake through weddingwire and after scrolling through pictures of cakes and dessert bars, we had to try! I emailed Laurie and got an immediate response! My husband and I booked a tasting a fell in LOVE! We didn't bother following up with other emails from other vendors we had also looked into. Laurie's cakes at Piece of Cake are to die for! She went above and beyond for us, she even incorporated our favorite wine into our wedding cake. Our guests loved it and all of the delicious items we added to our dessert bar. We couldn't have been more happy with Piece of Cake and I would recommend it to everyone! Go to a tasting a see for yourself!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

We are so happy we chose Piece of Cake to make our wedding cake. Laurie is very personable and really took her time during our tasting to make sure we loved the flavors we chose and our design. She custom designed a cake to match our blush, gold, and ivory theme and it was picture perfect! She also offers a wide variety of cake and filling flavors, there is no way you won’t find something you love and it is great quality and delicious. Piece of Cake also offers flavored popcorn in tons of different flavors. You can opt either to have them host a popcorn bar at you event that your guests can visit and take home some treats or get small packages made up to give as favors. We got small packages of a mix of cheddar and caramel popcorn as favors and our guests loved it. Lauri even made custom labels for them with our names and a message “thanks for popping by.” They were so cute!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Taryn · Married on 04/22/2017

Very accommodating and professional. Would recommend and use again!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Mariah · Married on 04/01/2017

We used piece of cake for our wedding cake as well as our popcorn bar. She did a phenomenal job with our cake, it was beautiful and everything we asked for! The popcorn bar was such a success, that my family members raved about the popcorn and ate it all the next day as well. Definitely check out Piece of Cake if you are near the Tampa Bay area!

Sent on 04/16/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Mariah, thank you so for the sweet review. We loved working closely with you and your family, such a sweet family. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!!

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2017

Laurie was so much fun to work with! My fiance is not big on desserts, so he really was not too excited about picking out a cake for our wedding. However, during our tasting he could not get enough of the cake! I knew right then and there, this was the place for us. Laurie really captured our vision of the cake and made it our own. We were completely thrilled with it, as soon as we saw it! Then the taste? No question, one of the best cakes I have ever had. If you are deciding on a cake for any event, I suggest A Piece of Cake! We have gotten so many of our guest asking us what the flavors of our cake were and where we got it from! We got the red velvet & cookies and creme flavors! They were both so amazing and fresh! Plus, we had multiple people have second pieces! Thanks again to Laurie for really nailing our cake!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Melissa,

It was our pleasure and we are so thrilled that you enjoyed your cake and desserts. We deeply appreciate our clients and love what we do. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Carolyn · Married on 02/25/2017

Lauri is wonderful!! She goes the extra mile and her products are delicious!!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Maygan · Married on 12/18/2016

Our wedding cake was gorgeous. With 2 different flavors and 3 different icing flavors it was different but everything came together with a vary rich and delicious taste. I would highly recommend again

Sent on 12/28/2016

Chrissy · Married on 12/03/2016

We received our cake from A Piece of Cake and Desserts as an all-inclusive package with our caterer, and I am so so glad we did!! The cake was stunning and perfect! And it tasted wonderful! She listened to all my requests and was extremely accommodating!! She also offers to bake you a small cake for free for your one year anniversary, so that you don't have to eat old, frozen cake. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/05/2017

A Piece of Cake & Desserts's reply:

Thank you Chrissy it was our pleasure and thanks for the sweet review!