A. O'Brien Photography Reviews

40 | Pasadena, CA

40 Reviews for A. O'Brien Photography

Shane · Married on 10/29/2017

Blessed. Austin not only shocked us with his stunning captures but was truly an honor, pleasure, and joy to work with from the start. He was just as excited for our marriage as we were to have him. As a photographer myself who works in the television/film industry, his talent, professionalism, humility, consideration, kind demeanor is truly unmatched as I've never met or worked with someone to his caliber. He's blessed us for life and I'll jump at the opportunity to give back in any way possible.

His images reflect his heart. Beautiful.

Thank you my friend.

-Shane and Rachel P.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Ariana · Married on 09/10/2016

Austin might be the best wedding photographer to work with out there. Okay, maybe I can't actually say that for certain but we were through the moon to work with him and our photos turned out amazing. We couldn't be more appreciative of his time, love, and energy that he puts into his work.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Carla · Married on 12/10/2015

One of my favorite places. Professional and they capture all of the best moments.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Elle · Married on 11/06/2015

Austin is seriously the best photographer ever! Before our wedding day, Austin was always quick to respond to emails or any of the silly questions I had. He was there every step of the way while I was planning everything out.
    When it came to the wedding day Austin was on time and ready to go. He led the charge with my bridesmaids and groomsmen and all detail photos I wanted so I could enjoy my morning. Although the hotel room wasn't the most glamorous, he made the first look with my father look amazing. The ceremony photos were perfection, he caught every moment of our first look together, and made a seamless transition into family photos. The photos of just my husband and I are to die for! He scouted the property ahead of time and totally knew where all the amazing shots would be. He made us both feel so comfortable. My husband hates being in front of the camera so I was really worried to see what his pictures would look like and when I saw my GQ model of a husband I knew Austin was worth every penny!! He stayed for most of the reception and got all of the speeches and detail shots I would have never thought to get! He was so professional and so amazing to work with. These photos are going to last me a lifetime, they are timeless! I cannot rave about him enough!! He caught every moment, every interaction, all my loved ones in such beautiful detail I can never thank him enough!!

Sent on 02/02/2016

Reese · Married on 10/17/2015

Any former bride knows that selecting the photographer is one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning! Your wedding day goes so quickly, the possibility of not having beautiful photographs to chronicle your special day is unimaginable! I looked at countless photographer’s portfolios, and settled on Austin O’Brian Photography based on his work which is a wonderful mix of editorial, traditional posed, candid, portrait and landscape. Once I met Austin, I was so pleased and relieved with my decision. Austin has the best laid-back, positive attitude, which is truly a treat when you are embarking on something that typically makes a couple nervous (like posing for engagement or wedding shots!) He is also so energetic and enthusiastic about his love of photography, you truly feel like he is excited to collaborate with you, not just ‘doing a gig’. He selected an amazing location for our engagement shoot, and scouted it prior to our arrival to make sure we timed the different locales for the best shots and best lighting opportunities. The pictures are stunning! We are equally thrilled with the results of our wedding, care of Austin and his team. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first child- we can’t wait to have Austin back for a family photo shoot!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2015

One word: phenomenal!
    We reached out to Austin initially for our engagement photos, but when we spoke, we knew immediately we would also book him to be our photographer for our summer destination wedding in Montana. We loved not just his art but also his professionalism and his personality. I think a great photography experience requires comfort with the photographer: Neither my fiancé nor I particularly love being in front of the camera, nor did we think the camera particularly loved us either! But Austin has a way that makes you feel instantly relaxed, and he captured our relaxation and our natural personalities in our recent engagement session. We were floored when we received our photos! We took a mix of urban and natural and playful photos, and every single photo was stunning and, still, “us”(just surprisingly photogenic versions of “us”!) If you have the opportunity to work with Austin, consider yourself lucky! We cannot wait for Austin to photograph our Montana wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Rebecca · Married on 07/03/2015

Austin is photographing my wedding next summer, and did our engagement photos last fall. Since we first contacted him, he's been nothing but helpful, professional, and kind. We wanted the quality of extremely expensive photography but can't come close to paying for that, so we really struggled to find the right photographer. Austin was the only one we found who didn't crush our bank account and had stellar photo quality. He found awesome settings for our engagement pictures, helped us deal with some pretty gnarly and cold winds, and tuned out our loud, attention-grubbing dog who we used in some of the photos. We were also on a time crunch to get the pictures turned around, and he totally put up with our pressuring him for time. And when we got them back, we were so impressed! I'm definitely not comfortable in front of the camera, and while I felt a little awkward still, the photos looked incredible. Our friends said that we looked like models! We absolutely love the pictures and are so excited to have him shoot our wedding as well. It's clear he loves and enjoys his job and that doing it well is important to him. We highly recommend Austin!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Molly · Married on 06/07/2015

When we first met with Austin I knew right away that he would be the photographer to shoot our wedding. He is very laid back, funny, and when you talk to him you feel like you are talking with an old friend. I am already awkward enough in front of a camera, I don’t need to be any more awkward by having someone I don’t feel comfortable around taking my photo. To top it off, Austin is very responsive to emails, easy to get a hold of, and an all-around great person!

For our engagement photos, I was bent set on shooting both in Downtown L.A. and at the beach. Anyone who knows LA traffic should know that accomplishing this AND having enough time to shoot at each location would be tough. Austin mentioned the possible time constraints but knew that I had my heart set on it regardless and he didn’t make us rush when we took our photos. He took his time getting perfect shots in BOTH locations and didn’t nickel and dime us when we went WELL over our allowed time.
    When we completed our timeline a month before the wedding I realized that I would need to book additional hours with Austin. We were already way over budget but I contacted him about tweaking our photo package anyway. I think he could sense my level of panic so he offered me a custom photo package that not only fit our timeline but also our budget! Austin is seriously the greatest, I do not think any other photographer would have worked with us like he did.

Before seeing the photos Austin took, I felt confident that we nailed it when we took our engagement photos. I felt the exact opposite about our wedding photos… I was hot and sweaty, I kept wiping my makeup off my face, I was distracted, etc, etc… Basically I was a hot MESS and I was sure our wedding photos would show it. I was totally wrong! As much as I LOVED our engagement photos, I love our wedding photos 1,000,000x’s more! Austin is a TRUE artist, it’s hard to believe that he doesn’t charge more for what he does. HIRE HIM NOW!!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

Austin is absolutely amazing at what he does!! To start, Austin works out of Pasadena, and we live in Santa Monica and were married in Temecula, CA. Austin had no problem meeting us in a variety of locations all around Los Angeles County and down in Temecula for the engagement photos and wedding photos. He is extraordinarily friendly and very easy to work with, while equally professional and organized. We were immediately comfortable with him and that's a huge part of making wedding photos work. If the photographer makes you feel uncomfortable, the pictures will reflect that. But most importantly, Austin's work is second to none! Everyone compliments us on our engagement and wedding photos. He does extraordinary work, at a price that is quite a bit more reasonable than his competitors. He has an amazing eye and an amazing talent. He captured stunning shots of our wedding that we will cherish forever. I would absolutely recommend Austin to anyone in the area looking for a photographer. You will not be disappointed with your decision.

Sent on 05/02/2015

E. · Married on 03/04/2015

I'm absolutely astounded at how well Austin was able to capture the ambiance of my wedding. I couldn't be happier! A. O'Brien Photography is the best EVER!!!!

I had a destination wedding in Hawaii, and it rained on my wedding day. Despite it all Austin was able to get stunning photos that were classy, professional and fun! He was so flexible and willing to work with us in anyway! My husband and I are very camera shy, but Austin made us feel very relaxed and natural. Also, he didn't miss a beat! He got every shot I wanted and made us look like rock stars in the pictures! I would highly recommend A.O'Brien Photography to anyone and everyone getting married. He is a true artist.

Hire Austin with A. O'Brien Photography and you won't be disappointed, I PROMISE!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Wonderful team! Pictures are gorgeous -- Austin is a class act! Professional and an expert at what he and his team do to turn an event into beautiful memories. He is so easy to work with and you hardly know he is even there making magic! The best in SoCal!

Sent on 12/26/2014

David · Married on 10/11/2014

This review is long overdue. Austin is such a wonderful, hard working, professional and friendly guy. My wife and I couldn't have been happier with everything he did for us throughout our wedding experience and engagement. I met Austin around 2011, when my buddy was married and I was the best man. Right away, I knew I wanted to work with Austin and have him do my wedding pictures. I just knew that he was the right guy regardless of who I married. Well about 3 years later, I called Austin and told him that my wife and I wanted him to do our pictures. He was so excited and immediately made us feel like we were his top priority, even though he had a lot of other clients and work going on. No matter what we needed or what we asked, he always took care of us. We started out by doing a little engagement session to get my wife and I comfortable working with him, and the camera. That was a great experience because it was the first time my wife got to meet Austin and she knew immediately what a sweet guy he was. We were together for several hours and we had a blast, we also got some wonderful pictures from our time together and we are so blessed to have those. He is such a class act. My wife and I were married in San Luis Obispo which is close to us, but a little bit of a drive from Pasadena. He had a Friday wedding in San Diego and our wedding in SLO the following day. You wouldn't have known he had anything else going on because he was fresh, excited, full of energy and ready to go. The day of the wedding he posted a picture of his trustee socks on FB and next thing I knew be was there. He scouted out some great locations for photos, and got to work immediately. I don't think he stopped moving the whole time he was there and he was there the ENTIRE day. I honestly can't say enough about the guy, he has a special place in my heart and I love the guy to death. Thank you isn't big enough for all you did for us Austin. I'm so happy you were there for our life changing day.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Scott · Married on 07/20/2014

We couldn’t be more pleased with the work of Austin for our wedding last summer. We looked at many portfolios in choosing our photographer and knew from looking at Austin’s, his aesthetic and artistry was exactly what we wanted. From the moment we met first met Austin he made us feel comfortable and relaxed. He was genuinely interested in us and our wedding planning. In the end, the decision to go with Austin was easy. We are certainly glad we did. On our wedding day, Austin continued to have an energy about him – making us feel (as much as he could) comfortable, relaxed, and natural. He was a joy to work with throughout our wedding day. Following our wedding, he continued to keep us updated on the status of our photographs as he went through and edited and tweaked them. When we did receive all the photos, the quality and quantity, quite literally, blew our mind. From talking with friends about their wedding photography experiences, we expected to have a handful we loved, with a lot more we are just “ehh” about. Not so. We have hundreds of photos we absolutely love. We would recommend Austin to anyone looking for a wedding, family, or special event photography! The value for what we received cannot be beat!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/10/2014

Austin shot our wedding last week and we totally LOVED him!! It took me and my husband a while to find a photographer with a style we both liked and just an all around good guy. We both HATE being in front of the camera, so we really needed to make sure that if we had to have a camera in our face, at least we could like the guy :)

He made us feel totally comfortable and was really good at keeping us in the moment and just reminding us of how special our wedding day really was. On top of that, he put up with our CRAZY bridal party, whom by the end of the night, were all also enamored with him.

I can sing his praises all day, but in short, Austin was very professional and fun. We could not have asked for a better photographer to have captured our special day. Should we ever feel the need to subject ourselves to a full day of pictures, we will definitely be going with him.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Donna · Married on 03/10/2014

Extremely pleased with Austin...would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/21/2014

April · Married on 08/23/2013

Our wedding will not be taking place for another 11 months ( I had to put 8/23/13 or else I could not post this review) but I wanted to take engagement photos before summer was fully over because I knew I wanted to include my horses and their fuzzy winter coats will be growing in soon. Several things were not in our favor the day of our shoot. My fiance is not a fan of having pictures taken and that day he was sick with a cold. Needless to say he was not looking forward to the session. By the time the photographer (Austin) arrived it was close to 4pm and a whopping 98 degrees with hot and dry wind blowing my hair all over the place. Despite these circumstances, we ended up having a great time! Austin is a genuinely nice person who kept us laughing and shocked me with his ability to get my fiance to actually enjoy having pictures taken. He did an excellent job finding ways to include my horses in the shoot, and also knew exactly how to utilize the scenic beauty of Vasquez Rocks in our pictures after we changed locations. He was highly receptive to all of my ideas and provided great insight. To top it off our pictures look absolutely amazing and I am certain that nobody could have done a better job! I would not hesitate to recommend him to anybody looking for a talented photographer for their wedding or any other event. I am also absolutely ecstatic to use him for our wedding next year!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Simply the best!!!! We loved working with Austin, he professional but yet very easy going person and that is one of the reasons why we choose him. Just by looking at his work online i knew i wanted to use him. The day of he came with a 2nd photographer and his assistant and they made sure they took details of everything. Austin spent the most time with us,which i liked. We have only seen a handfull of photos and I am amazed already. Our friends are asking for his contact info so they can use the for their wedding. We loved working with Austin and if we ever need a professional photographer, I will definitely use Austin again

Sent on 12/06/2012

Hazel · event on 10/06/2012

EPIC! That was our e-session! When we asked Austin about the adventure we had in mind, his answer? I am up for the task! He has exceeded our expectations, he took his time and kept us involved during the entire shoot. Very professional each step of the way, creative/clever and his ideas just kept flowing..."CUTE & SICK!" If you need a photographer who wouldn't mind getting himself dirty or even laying on the sand/ground just to take that shot that could potentially make the cut - pick AUSTIN!

We all had a blast! Malinda was also there to assist us during our session, she was our Angel for the day...her mere presence made us feel very at ease. The AOP team rocked our day to evening shoot!

Pre-engagement shoot, Austin scouted one of our many venues and also did MAD research about our hike down the beach...we communicated back and forth regarding our props and he was very supportive. He made himself available all the time by email or phone.

WE cannot wait to see our photos! The one teaser photo from El Matador Beach - he posted the next day after our shoot (unedited) was breathtaking! WE will not forget this experience! WE vow to be AOP fans for life!

Special mention to our dear friends Doug & Jen for the great recommendation. We hope to grow the AOP fanatics through the years!

Austin - thank you for making our e-sesh an 'affair to remember!'

Hazel + Ken

Sent on 10/10/2012

R · Married on 09/08/2012

There's an old saying- "You get what you pay for" and it couldn't be truer!
    If you are looking for a wedding photographer, your search should end with A. O'Brien Photography. His attention to details that we never even thought of, and his eye for setting up each shot, made our wedding photos more beautiful than we ever imagined. I knew from the first time we looked at his portfolio that we had our guy. He did our engagement photos as well and they were fantastic! We get sooooo many compliments on all of our photos and couldn't be happier with Austin.
    You only get one chance to have beautiful wedding photos, so don't blow it. Book him fast! You won't be disappointed.

Rich & Nicole

Sent on 12/10/2012

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2012

I met Austin via Skype while living abroad, but planning my wedding in Southern California. He was immediately warm and attentive to what we wanted our photos to look and feel like. On the day of the wedding, I left everything in his hands (where we were going to have our first look, all the detail shots, organizing the wedding party) and he was incredible. Our photos really capture my husband and my personality, as well as the moments and the emotions of the event. On top of that, Austin was completely professional, humorous and adaptable when a particular guest was being a handful - I was so impressed and would highly recommend Austin's work to anyone.

Sent on 01/19/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2012

Austin is truly an amazing photographer and is extremely professional with a great sense of humor. He is up for anything and will get down and dirty just to get that perfect shot of you. You can see he is very passionate about his love for photography and that being a photographer isn't just a job for him.

Austin is also very thorough and will do his research before any shoot. He was actually the one who offered to meet with us at prior to our big day to go over photo locations at our reveal and wedding venue. He also came up with back up ideas in case some areas were off limits.

Austin is an excellent communicator and responds to your questions and requests immediately so you never feel like you're hanging. You even will see teaser pics from your shoot within a few days.

We couldn't be more happier having Austin and the AOP team be a part of our big day and we're truly fortunate to have met him. We highly recommend AOP to anyone getting married or for capturing any of life's special moments.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2012

Austin is amazing!!! He is funny and fun to work with. He was quick to respond to my every question and always had a positive and easy going response. He was very flexible with me throughout the process. He has gerat ideas, took my ideas and improved on them, and my pictures look fabulous!!! I highly recommend Austin to anyone in California!!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

A. O'Brien Photography's reply:

Jessica! I am so happy that you enjoyed the experience! I absolutely loved working with you guys. Thanks for making it such an awesome day! I loved how much the wedding reflected your personalities and style. Truly amazing. :)

Matthew · Married on 08/02/2012

Holy Moly! Austin was amazing! Before our session we talked about what my fiancee are like and our interests and he came up with the coolest most creative ideas! Seriously we've gotten so many comments about how great our photos are I couldn't be happier! THANK YOU AUSTIN!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

A. O'Brien Photography's reply:

Matthew, you guys are so welcome! I had a blast working with you guys and I am super excited for your wedding. Gonna be epic! ;)

Celeste · Married on 07/02/2011

My husband and I were extremely impressed with Austin's professionalism and his artistic eye. Right from the first day we met, we knew we were working with someone who we could trust and that followed through to the day we received our prints. Having him around is like having another wedding coordinator by your side. We appreciated that while he was professional, he wasn't too stiff - in other words, he made us feel comfortable and he stayed flexible. The photos were beyond our expectations. His eye for composition and lighting is terrific. He is also a very talented photo editor, taking some of his originals to a whole other level.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Laura · Married on 06/25/2011

Austin gave us the best wedding experience we could possibly imagine and more. You simply will not be disappointed choosing him! Austin is incredibly talented and has an amazing eye when it comes to getting the right shot. Without having ever been to our wedding venue, he seemed to instantly have found the most beautiful locations with the right light and background. I didn’t think we could get such great backdrops out of our venue, but he found them! We received glowing compliments from our guests about how professional he and his assistants were. His equipment is top-notch and his creativity and talent are beyond words. He captured such great emotions and personalities in our photos that I can re-live the whole night scrolling through our photos.

When we first met Austin, we loved how genuinely nice and easy going he was. You could tell that he really loves his work and really cared about our entire wedding experience. He made everything so easy and stress free, and this is coming from a girl who stressed about every detail in our wedding! Really, being stress-free about a vendor is a priceless experience, but Austin gave us this fantastic experience at a competitive price! Photography rates can be a killer, but his rates compared to the great quality and experience you get is very hard to find.

We first worked with Austin during our engagement photos. He was so accommodating and cool about going to 2 very different locations, and spent so much time with us to get photos that matched our personalities perfectly. My husband was so nervous, thinking it would be “awkward” pretending to kiss and pose, but it so wasn’t like that. We had a blast and it was a uniquely romantic experience. Austin even caught us stealing some extra kisses in there for some wonderfully spontaneous photos. My husband was shocked about how much fun he had, and it’s because Austin is so easy to get along with.

We can’t thank Austin enough for everything and he’ll definitely be our go to photographer for any future family photos!

Sent on 10/12/2011