A New Leaf Salon and Spa Reviews

26 | Hollis Center, ME

26 Reviews for A New Leaf Salon and Spa

Michaela Strout · Married on 10/13/2018

Vanessa and Kourtnee with A New Leaf Salon are the best!!

Vanessa and Kourtnee from a New Leaf Salon were AMAZING! Highly highly recommend going with these folks for wedding hair and makeup. I booked A New Leaf probably six or eight months or so before the wedding. About two months before the wedding, the salon reached out to ME because I hadn't set up a trial yet and they noticed they were getting booked up and didn't want me to miss getting booked. Amazing customer service. Vanessa spent all the time in the world with me at my trial making sure we got it just right. On the day of the wedding, Vanessa and Kourtnee traveled to our venue, arrived promptly, and were able to get all 9 of my bridesmaids and me ready AHEAD of schedule. Everyone looked and felt beautiful, and on top of that Vanessa and Kourtnee were just really really nice people. Could not recommend this vendor more highly!!

Meghan · Married on 06/09/2018

The wedding team at A New Leaf Salon and Spa were absolutely top notch. They did outstanding hair and makeup for a small army of bridesmaids and mothers and as for my hair and makeup, it was exactly what I was looking for and stood up to the windy day and a night of dancing, crying and drinking! Everyone is telling me how wonderful I looked that day, and it is because I hired these wonderful women to make me look naturally beautiful and radiant, certainly not because I woke up looking that way! I loved getting to do my trial at their salon, and they came on site to do the hair and makeup for the wedding at an incredibly reasonable price. I would recommend their team to anyone!

• Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 06/02/2018

A New Leaf was a pleasure to work with. They came all the way out to Peaks Island to do hair and make-up for my bridal party. Sam and Cheryl were both super fun and flexible and managed to squeeze in some last minute requests. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Briahnna · Married on 08/26/2017

I had a wonderful experience using them for my wedding. We had a hair and make up artist come on site for our wedding party. It was very easy to coordinate, and everyone looked great after their hair and make up appointments. They were were so nice and so accommodating on a day that was a bit stressful for me, and I really appreciated it!

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

Becky at A New Leaf Salon in Edgecomb was a breeze to work with. I don’t wear a lot of makeup but knew I wanted to look flawless on my wedding day. A New Leaf does airbrush make up which lasted all day and looked amazing. I did my trial with Becky, who would also be doing my hair and makeup the day of the wedding, about a month before my wedding day. I am so glad I did a trial since it was a great time to talk about what I wanted… but I completely changed what I wanted after the trial! I was nervous about how everything would go the day of the wedding since I was doing something different than the trial, but Becky really listened to my feedback and my wedding day look was EXACTLY what I wanted! I highly recommend her.

Since some of my bridesmaids were also getting their hair and makeup done, they brought another stylist. I was nervous about getting everybody done in time but Becky and the other stylist stuck to the schedule and were right on time. I also liked that everything was paid for in advance, including the tip, because I didn’t need to worry about any payments the morning of. (I also did a first look so I left while my bridesmaids were still getting ready and didn’t actually get to say goodbye to the stylists). Overall the morning of the wedding went very smoothly. The stylists showed up to the venue on time, were prepared with everything they needed, and made everyone look amazing.

Chelsie · Married on 03/14/2017

A New Leaf made me feel like a queen. I wouldn't go anywhere else. From the relaxing environment to the phenomenal service this place is hands down the best. The took all my stress away and made me feel pampered and beautiful!

Aurora · Married on 10/15/2016

A New Leaf Salon and Spa was amazing! I live in Boston but was having my wedding in Freeport Maine. Being an out of state bride can be really hard. Chara was amazing at responding to my numerous emails. Becky, my stylist, was amazing at my test trail, taking time to try different looks until I found the one i was looking for. On the day of my wedding, the whole styling team arrived early and they had such a great energy throughout the day. And of course the hair and makeup for my bridal party the day of the wedding looked gorgeous! I am just so happy I found New Leaf Salon and Spa!

Bethany · Married on 10/03/2015

There are not enough words to describe what an amazing job the new leaf salon did on hair and makeup. They came right to my venue and brought everything they could possibly need. We had a very large group and they stayed within the time frame we had given with no issues. Everyone's hair looked fabulous! I could not be happier with how it all turned out.

• whitney

whitney · Married on 09/26/2015

Did a wonderful job on my bridal hair and makeup. Along with my maid of honors and my mothers. It was such a professional yet peaceful atmosphere. Provided something to eat and drink for us while we got ready for the big day! Thank you!

Sandra · Married on 09/26/2015

I had such a great experience withal of the girls at A New Leaf Salon. I am from Breckenridge, CO and I got married on 09/26/2015 in Portland, ME (my husband's family lives in Maine). Although I'm not a really picky person, I did spend a lot of time researching different salons and companies in the Portland area online. Having a destination wedding can be super stressful with not being able to meet any vendors in person. I reached out to 4 or 5 different salons that all had pretty good reviews, but I am so glad I went with A New Leaf Salon. Not only were their existing reviews great, but the service I received was absolutely flawless from the first email response I got from Chara - definitely above and beyond any other salons I spoke to over email and over the phone. Prices are extremely reasonable and competitive with the other salons, and the flexibility with my schedule (since o live so far away) was greatly appreciated. It definitely made my long distance wedding planning experience less stressful. I had a great time at my trial session, and I loved the way my hair turned out. I'd absolutely recommend A New Leaf Salon.

They made my special day perfect. Very professional atmosphere

Rachael · Married on 06/20/2015

Stress-free experience from start to finish with beautiful results!

While choosing a vendor and planning they were so responsive and clear in their emails - I knew I was making the right choice. While we were figuring out the schedule they decided to add an additional hairdresser to make my wedding morning smoother - at no additional charge!

My mom, sister and I visited the salon a few days before the wedding for the hair and make up trial. It was such a fun bonding experience and they accommodated all of us getting manicures and pedicures as well. They have a lovely, relaxing salon and every employee was lovely to work with.

On my wedding morning, they arrived on time at our venue more than prepared! They performed hair services for 6 women plus myself, and makeup services for about half of us. Every single one of my bridesmaids was thrilled, and so was I! Some bridesmaids had specific hairstyles in mind, and A New Leaf executed them beautifully! Others had no idea what they wanted, and they also got beautiful. intricate hairstyles that lasted all day and all night! We were wowed!

The makeup services were also fantastic. These ladies will perform magic - but you will still look like your natural, beautiful self! Our ceremony and vows turned out to be quite emotional, everyone cried, but NO makeup smudging!

To top it off, our services finished an hour EARLIER than scheduled, giving us time for a relaxing wedding day lunch - unheard of! The prices were also extremely reasonable compared to the other quotes I had received. Important since hair and makeup wasn't a priority in my budget.

Absolutely hire them for your wedding! I couldn't imagine anyone else making me feel more beautiful or relaxed on my wedding day!

Alison · Married on 10/04/2014

I had the pleasure of using this salon for my wedding hair and makeup. I had a rather large party, of 9 people having services done and these girls not only accommodated our large party, but they did it with ease! While there is an option to have the girls travel to your wedding site, I chose to go into the salon the day of my wedding for our services because we were in the near vicinity. Our day started by being greeted with friendly smiles and yummy treats made by the owner. She even had some yummy "adult beverages" made just for us! The girls truly love what they do, and their cheerfulness and joy of working with one another was clearly evident. The salon is a very relaxing atmosphere and we were able to bring in our own food & drinks too. We laughed, cried, and even performed a little lip synching! Overall, we had the best time getting ready there! All my girls raved about our hair & makeup and we kept getting compliments abound. This is definitely the place to go for a stress free, worry free, and FUN wedding experience! The stylists work diligently with you in the months leading up to your wedding with trials of both hair and makeup to ensure that you find the perfect style that you want for your special day. :)

I have also used this salon for having hair and makeup done for other special events and as always the service and experience was top notch.

The service is outstanding, the end result is amazing, and you gain friends in the process! This salon is totally worth checking out not only for your special event, but also for your regular services too!

• User5542010 · 2+ years ago

A very warm and inviting establishment.

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2014

The service was phenomenal!! I would recommend them to anyone that has a special event coming up. They were timely and did a beautiful job on the hair and make up for my girls!!

Katy · Married on 09/21/2013

Amazing work! Our hair not only looked great, it stayed put ALL night!

Rebecca · Married on 09/04/2016

I hired A New Leaf to do the hair and makeup for me and my ladies on my wedding day, and I was extremely happy! Lori did our hair and Vanessa did our makeup, and everyone looked amazing. They also travel, and came out to Sunday River the morning of the wedding and spent hours making sure all of us were taken care of. Lori even stayed late so that after we came back from the first look and some pre-ceremony photos, she could give us any necessary touch ups right before the ceremony. The girls were thrilled with their final looks and we all looked absolutely amazing! Thank you so much!

• ael1731

Allyson · Married on 08/22/2014

We had 2 stylists from A New Leaf come to my parents' house to do our hair and makeup the morning of the wedding. They arrived early and had all the girls ready with plenty of time to spare. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2018

Overall, I had a good experience with New Leaf. Kate is absolutely phenomenal with makeup and I could not have asked for better! I gave her very little direction, and she created a simple, elegant look that was exactly what I was hoping for. Everything stayed in place nicely, despite shedding many tears throughout the evening. For hair, I showed the stylist several photos for what I wanted, and it came close, but in the end wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. We did a trial a few weeks in advance and I gave a lot of feedback, and on the day-of we still had to re-do it once, but it ended up looking nice and stayed mostly in place throughout the windy ceremony and the hours of dancing. I'd definitely recommend doing a trial in advance so you're able to let them know if there's anything you want to change for the big day. My bridesmaids were all very happy with how their hair and makeup turned out.

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

Used A New Leaf Salon and Spa for wedding day hair services for me and 7 others in my bridal party/mother of the bride & groom. I have extremely curly hair, and have had awful experiences in the past with stylists doing my hair. When I showed up for my hair trial with Cheryl, she immediately made me feel at ease, and went on to explain that she loves working with curly and thick hair. She did a great job with my trial, and was extremely accommodating when I later asked for something slightly different/more fancy on the day of my wedding. Cheryl and Sam arrived early on the day of, had music playing, and had great attitudes that helped add to the fun of getting ready. Cheryl did AN AMAZING job with my hair. I wish I lived nearby the salon, so I could see her for all of my haircut and styling needs from now on. My updo survived both heat and humidity, and riding around in a golf cart with wind whipping at it. It still looked perfect at the end of the night. She went above and beyond, also providing some hairspray for us to use throughout the day. Along with my curly difficult to manage hair, 4 of my bridesmaids also have curly/thick hair, and both Cheryl and Sam did a great job with their hair, as well. Everyone looked so great. To top it all off, I had done lots of price comparison with other salons around the Portland area, and A New Leaf had some of the best prices. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for high quality wedding hair services for an affordable price in the Portland area!

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

New Leaf was able to accommodate any last minute changes and were more than helpful in scheduling trials at a convenient time for me. The stylists worked well with each of my family members. They even helped me cope with the stress created by other vendors for my wedding. I would recommend them for going on-site for hair & makeup to anyone!

Gina · Married on 10/12/2013

All of the staff was so accommodating and hospitable the day of my wedding. They had wine and a tray of cheese and crackers and flowers waiting in the salon! Chara was very professional when I first visited the salon and the staff was amazing through the trial and gave me exactly what I wanted for both hair and makeup... Not to mention my mother and mother in law! It was one thing for me to receive luxury treatment but for them to feel beautiful on my wedding day meant a lot. They made my wedding day stress-free, as well as any visit I've had there. A New Leaf Salon is amazing and I would recommend any of their services to anyone:

• Riley

Riley · Married on 07/27/2018

They did a great job with doing hair and make up for myself (the bride) and my 5 bridesmaids. They arrived on time and had two stylists working so that it was more efficient. The hair and makeup turned out just what I wanted and they were very willing during my trials to go though many different styles until I found what I wanted.

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/29/2016

3.5

Booking was a little tough since I was planning my Maine wedding from DC, but everything worked out smoothly in the end. Victoria and Vanessa did a great job, they were at the venue before us on my wedding day and had everyone done on schedule. Everyone loved their hair and makeup, and it all stayed put the entire night. My makeup looked very natural, just like I wanted, and my hair looked even better than it did for my trial.