A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) Reviews

509 | Park Ridge, NJ

509 Reviews for A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau)

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 6
A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 7
  • Sahar

Sahar · Married on 02/16/2019

Delicious Cake & Super Easy To Work With!

Leo and his team at A Little Cake were super accommodating and made picking out a wedding cake a breeze. They have the cake tasting appointment down to a science, showed us pictures of examples of cakes and designs they've done, and had just the right amount of every flavor and combo of cake they provide. Given the cake was part of my package with my venue, Leo explained exactly what was included, and what additional things would be an extra charge. He was helpful, friendly, and really easy to work with. On the big day, our cannoli filling cake was a HUGE hit and it looked beautiful too!

Jen Stephens · Married on 12/29/2018

Delicious and beautiful wedding cake

A Little Cake provided the cake for my wedding at Nyack Seaport. It was delicious and beautiful. Highly recommended!

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 8

Cassandra Hunt · Married on 10/28/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

A Little Cake is the bakery used by our venue. Everything was very easy with them which is very important during the busy wedding planning. We called and scheduled our tasting with no issues and we had a great time with Leo while we were there. They did a wonderful job with our cake and it was absolutely delicious. We did the cannoli filling and it was a huge hit with everyone!

Candice · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautifully Delicious

We were referred to A Little Cake by our venue and we were pleasantly surprised by how easy the whole process was. Unlike our experience with another well-known, north Jersey bakery, Leo and his team were absolute pleasures to work with! The whole process was so easy and it was so refreshing to have a discussion with someone who wasn’t trying to push you into something or force you to commit when you weren’t ready. Our cake was gorgeous and absolutely delicious – we made sure to take the time to eat our wedding cake at the reception. Whether it’s crumb cake or a wedding cake, A Little Cake does it and does it well! You will not be disappointed!

Brenda · Married on 10/13/2018

They blew our breath away from initial contact (my sis & I visited the bakery without an appointment, they sat us down, walked us through our vision & gave us a cake tasting!) right down to the final product. They made the cake for our mother’s 80th birthday (10/13/18) & surpassed our vision. Everyone loved & enjoyed the cake!

Thank you Little Cake Bakery!!

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 9
    A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 10
  • Jenifer

Jenifer · Married on 09/29/2018

Simple and delicious!

Our venue included some cost for our cake so it made it easy that we didn’t have to go looking for a place but had we gone looking and came across a little cake? I would have been ecstatic. We wanted simple, a naked cake- preferably cannoli! And I really wanted to add flowers that resembled the magic flower in Tangled.. we paid extra for sugar flowers and I couldn’t be happier that we did. It was PERFECT. The tasting was also great, easy and so yummy :)

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 11

Marina · Married on 09/14/2018

Everyone loved our cake!! I wanted a very specific look for it, so they really worked with me to give me exactly what I wanted.

• F

Adrienne · Married on 08/31/2018

I can't express how amazing our wedding cake and groom's cake were! John was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding cake vision come to life. He also helped me to design a surprise groom's cake for my husband and the work they did was beyond incredible. People could not stop commenting on both cakes all night long. They both looked incredible and the taste was phenomenal. Our wedding cake was yellow cake with bavarian cream and the groom's cake was yellow cake with oreo filling. I can't express enough how amazing this bakery was to work with and how wonderful of a job they did with bringing our vision to life. All while making everything taste out of this world!! Our expectations were beyond exceeded and I can't express our gratitude enough!

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 12
    A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 13
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2018

Our cake came out absolutely beautiful and better than I ever imagined! It was really great to talk to Vanessa over email and she always answered my messages promptly. Definitely recommend for a wonderful wedding cake that was just as delicious as it was breathtaking to look at.

Guarky · Married on 08/18/2018

Their service was excellent. The cake was delicious

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 14

Kelly · Married on 07/21/2018

We worked with John about 3 months before our wedding. He was great to work with and made everything so easy! He was a recommended vendor of our venue, which was great! We were unsure of what to choose after the tasting because everything was so delicious! He recommended both Oreo and chocolate mousse fillings with vanilla cake and buttercream frosting - amazing!!! Our guests were raving about how delicious our cake was. My husband and I can't wait to eat it again next year! I would definitely recommend ordering with John and A Little Cake!

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

A Little Cake did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake! When we first went in to do the cake tasting we couldn't officially decide what we wanted. After speaking to Leo we decided to go lighter flavor-wise since we were having additional desserts and it was such a good decision. Not only were people complimenting the cake itself but how it looked!

I gave them a picture of what I wanted and they did a fabulous job of re-creating it all while making it something truly unique to me! You will never regret having them be the ones in charge of something important!

Gemma · Married on 06/03/2018

If you're looking for a wedding cake that looks beautiful and actually tastes amazing, look no further. A Little Cake was such a wonderful bakery to work with. Upon first meeting with them, we felt very comfortable with the team. They made us feel welcome, which is nice because some bakeries just try to get you in and out when it comes to tastings. All the cakes we tasted were seriously incredible. Buttery, flavorful, soft, amazing. We showed them a picture of the exact cake we wanted and that is exactly what they delivered. Our cake was literally everything we dreamed for, and it was delicious! Our guests raved about how much they loved it! Thank you to A Little Cake!!!

Stefanie · Married on 06/01/2018

Their cake is so delicious! We went with the vanilla cake and cannoli filling and it was amazing. Although, it was a really tough decision to make because we liked so many of the combinations during our tasting. It also looked really beautiful the day of our wedding as well!

Erika · Married on 02/17/2018

The cake was awesome!! It looked amazing too!

JENNIFER · Married on 12/15/2017

After having to cancel our destination wedding and planning an at-home wedding in just three weeks, we contacted A Little Cake in a panic. Vanessa was so nice and assured me I had nothing to worry about. They delivered a BEAUTIFUL cake that left me, as a bride, in awe. Not only was it beautiful, but it was also delicious. My husband, who doesn't like cake, was totally hooked, and are receiving so many compliments from our guests. We can't thank A Little Cake enough for making our wedding cake!!

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

My Husband And I Met With Leo And Knew This Was Going To Be Our Wedding Cake Vendor Instantly!!! We Wanted To Eat Everything They Had Displayed In The Bakery Besides Our Taste Testing!! Our Wedding Cake Was Even More We Could Have Dreamed Of! We Showed Them A Picture And It Was Duplicated To A T. Highly Recommended!!

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

The cake for my wedding shower was from A Little Cake and my guests RAVED about it. I decided to also use them for my rehearsal dinner. I called four days before the event and the woman I spoke to on the phone was so accommodating. She talked me through every step of ordering and told me there would be no problem having it done. My husband picked it up and it was PERFECT. The theme was great and the quality of cake was amazing. The flavors are rich and I will continue to use them for events. Not to mention, every person we have dealt with has been helpful and friendly.

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 15

Janina · Married on 10/20/2017

Our cake was included with our catering package with Casa Bianca. We did pay extra for the cannoli cream filling in our cake. Our cake turned out to be very pretty and VERY delicious! We are very happy we chose them! Definitely recommend them!

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Our wedding cake came out simply amazing! We got married on 10/14/17. We were so happy with it. A Little Cake does great work! We especially loved the cake tasting - It was so painless and quick - we even were able to squeeze it in during my lunch break from work.

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 16
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I had such a pleasant experience visiting this shop for a tasting & consultation -- super friendly folks, and very delicious cakes! Our cannoli-filled vanilla wedding cake was the bomb! And all we did for the decorating was refer to some of their portfolio photos we liked, specified colors, and showed them what our cake topper and invitations looked like so they could try to match some of the details -- and it came out fabulous! Everything went smoothly day-of. Seems like a great team running the shop. Highly recommend!

blair · Married on 10/07/2017

Leonard, John and the staff at “A Little Cake” were amazing making our cake for a October 7, 2017 wedding. They had great design ideas and decorated the four tier cake in a beautiful and classy style. Of course, the cake tasted delicious and all the guests absolutely enjoyed their slices! We are so pleased that we plan to start a tradition of purchasing a mini version each anniversary for us to enjoy. Great quality and taste – thank you.

Viktoriya · Married on 10/06/2017

The cake was delicious! I didn't have a viennese hour at our wedding and was relying on the cake itself being great. We ordered a cake with alternating white and red velvet layers that had Bavarian cream filling and fresh strawberries and bananas in the cream filling. The top tier I requested to me gluten free and it had chocolate cake with Bavarian cream and walnuts. It was delicious and several people commented on how good it was. Wedding cakes can be a bit dry sometimes, I tried many this year, but our cake from A Little Cake was nice and moist.
    It was pretty simple, I had a cake tasting, made my decision about the flavors and design, and several months later I had my cake:)

Jacqueline · Married on 09/29/2017

D E L I C I O U S ! Our guests were taking pieces to go! I’m a pretty fickle bride and 3 weeks before my wedding I panicked and went back into the shop confused about my cake design. Their team totally kept me calm and redesigned my entire cake from scratch without blinking an eye. And it came out beautifully!

A Little Cake (Le Petit Gateau) 17

Tippie · Married on 09/16/2017

I planned a NJ wedding for my daughter from KY! From the informative phone calls to the tasting to the actual wedding cake, we could not be more impressed with A Little Cake. The people we worked with were informative and helpful. The cakes were out of this world. Everyone commented on how much they loved the wedding cake. We chose two or three different flavors for the actual wedding cake and all of them were absolutely delicious. The cake itself was elegant. When we told the baker what the wedding colors were (he asked) he suggested using gold dots on the cake even though picture we were looking at had white dots. That suggestion could not have been more perfect! We had a bridal luncheon for my daughter the day before the wedding that had a theme of yellow butterflies. I called A Little Cake and told them the theme and asked if they could provide cupcakes for the occasion. They made beautiful cupcakes in three flavors, frosted in pale pink frosting with three dimensional yellow butterflies on the top of them. They were just gorgeous!! It was the "frosting on
    the cake" for a beautiful affair!! I whole heartedly recommend A Little Cake!!!