A.J. West Photography Reviews

30 | Gaylord, MI

30 Reviews for A.J. West Photography

Carolyn Borowiak · Married on 05/18/2019

May 18 2019 Wedding

Angela did such a wonderful job for my wedding on May 18th, 2019 in Grand Rapids, MI. She was professional and attentive, always putting the needs of the bride, groom, and their families first. After the ceremony, we drove around some of our (mine & my husband's) favorite places in Grand Rapids. We knew where we wanted to go, and Angela brought her creativity and vision to make these shots even more special. Even when we ran out of places to go to, Angela came up with some last minute brilliant shots outside our reception venue.

Angela was also very flexible and patient throughout the day. We developed a schedule of where and what shots we wanted for our wedding. However some things change throughout the day and Angela can ride those waves with you! She was able to make us laugh and give us the direction we needed for our pictures. She is not the bossy type and will not disturb you while you're enjoying the special moments of your day.

I would highly recommend Angela as she was very easy and enjoyable to work with!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Ryan · Married on 04/01/2017

Angela was very friendly and easy to work with. My fiance had no problems when scheduling our engagement session, and we were VERY pleased when we got to see the pictures! I normally don't like to get my picture taken, but Angela's easy-going style made it a breeze. I would recommend Angela to anyone that's looking for great pictures, friendly service and reliability.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Abbey · Married on 03/19/2016

Angela with AJ West captured our wedding and it was oh so magical! From the moment I first contacted her I felt at ease in knowing that my at the time fiancé and I were going to be in wonderful hands! She is very organized and great with children! We have a little one so she was able to get lots of smiles from him and our flower girl. She captured all of our special moments and she did so in such a professional and upbeat way! Angela went above and beyond anything I could have ever imaging to get the perfect shots. It was freezing outside for our "first looks" and she was so considerate to make sure I was as comfortable at all times. It shows through her work that she is passionate about what she does and the love she has for her work. I absolutely adore her and loved having her as a photographer and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for gorgeous moments captured whether it be for a wedding, rehearsal dinner, engagement, you name it and she can do it! She is a total sweetheart and I could not have imagined working with anyone anymore perfect for our special day! A huge beyond words thank you Angela from Abbey, John and Jacob!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Gina · Married on 11/07/2015

Angela is awesome! Such a fun and easy person to work with, and a very talented and creative photographer. I love her style of photography, so beautiful and simple! She did an amazing job with my bridal shoot and wedding day photos. My husband and I can be a bit camera shy and I was definitely nervous having a whole photo shoot of my own but the photos turned out beautiful and Angela did a good job giving us direction, and capturing candid moments as well. Also, when things got a little hectic or weren't going quite as planned, Angela was quick-thinking and kept things flowing without it feeling too rushed. Overall the photos turned out amazing, and it was such a great experience working with her!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

Angela was so sweet! I loved her style and the naturalness of the photos. I also love having access for myself and my family. My only regret is not starting pictures sooner so we would have more:) she helped make my day special and create mementos to last a life time

Sent on 12/07/2015

Alicia · Married on 07/18/2015

Please stop and do the absolute best thing you can for your wedding (other than showing up of course) and book Angela NOW! No, not now, yesterday. We loved every minute we got to spend with Angela and I will be recommending her services to anyone who will listen. During our entire experience Angela made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She was able to capture moments and details I never thought possible at our wedding and for that I am forever grateful. She goes above and beyond and is the most fun and loving person to work with. The photos captured the happiest day of our lives with such love, elegance and beauty that we will treasure for many many years to come. If you are looking for a photographer, pray that Angela is available because you definitely won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Alexa · Married on 06/06/2015

I seriously cannot say enough good things about Angela. Not only does she take amazing photographs, she is the sweetest person to work with. I wasn't sure if I wanted bridal portraits but after getting my pictures back from her, I am so glad I did, they were so beautiful! Even though the schedule got a little hectic on our wedding day, she took her time with our pictures and made sure I got every picture I wanted and more. Her pictures are just beautiful and I'm so glad I hired her to capture my special day! :) She is the best, thank you!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/16/2015

We absolutely loved having Angela capture our special day. I wanted someone who was a take charge photographer(my wedding crew was a handful) and she did just that! With hair appointments running behind, vendor not placing decorations out, a near fainting bridesmaid and many little ones running around she handled it all with a smile. You can see in the pictures that through meeting me, the engagment session and our many emails she got to really know my husband and I. She turned our day into a picture book story we will enjoy going over for years to come.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Casey · Married on 05/15/2015

Angela did my wedding photography on 05/15/2015. She was very professional and fun to work with! She was very diligent with getting my pictures back as well! I couldn't have picked a better photographer!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Hannah · Married on 10/18/2014

Angela is so personable and easy to work with! She arranged a first meeting that was comfortable for me and my fiance to get to know her and her style. She was always prompt arriving to appointments and returning calls or emails. I loved that she was very in-tuned to my must-have shoot list and had it with her on the day of the wedding! She arrived early on the wedding day and kept the ball moving without any trouble. I would absolutely recommend her as a photographer and consider hiring her again for a photo shoot!!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Lacey · Married on 10/11/2014

Angela took my bridal portraits along with my wedding day photography. Her professionalism combined with her great eye for photography created perfect pictures. I could not have asked for anything better! I would reccomend Angela to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/20/2014

Angie was lovely to work with! We were nervous about getting our pictures taken, but when we received the final collection, we were blown away! On top of that, Angie made us feel so comfortable while being photographed. She walked us through everything, from the engagement session to the wedding day and even helped us choose what prints to get for our home! I recommend her to anyone in need of an incredible photographer! We will, of course, spread the word and hire her for all of our future photography needs.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Megan · Married on 05/31/2014

Angie was a dream to work with! You can tell she loves what she does and it shows in her work. My wedding photos turned out beautiful, and she is very reasonably priced. I will recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Kathi · event on 04/01/2014

We had a family photo session done with 2 children being under 4 and 2 were teenagers. Angies was able to capture all 4 kids in ways that we will remember forever. Her ability to recognize a perfect opportunity and capture it truly amazed us. Our family will cherish these photos for a lifetime.

Jaime · event on 12/01/2013

Angela provides a quality product and conducts her session with professionalism. We've used her multiple times and our pictures always turn out amazing.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Kristen · event on 11/01/2013

Angie has done two photo sessions for my family! She is very talented and great with children!

Michelle · event on 10/21/2013

Angela was great with my newborn & toddler. She captured some magical movements between my sons that I will always have to cherish.

Sent on 05/14/2014
  • User4086321 · event on 10/20/2013

A.J.West photography did such a great job on my maternity pictures and newborn photos. She has a special talent to capture those special moments and facial expressions. I would recommend A.J. West photography!!

Casey · event on 09/07/2013

We have used Angela several times (for private family photos as well as scouting events) and her photographs are always beautiful. She gives a magical quality to the work she does from posed to candid shots. She has the ability to make even sweaty, messy, active children look like they stepped out of a dream. Lovely work and I would highly recommend to anyone.

Jessica · event on 09/04/2013

As a photographer myself, I'm very picky about who I let photograph my family and I, as I am very critical of the photographs. Angie did an excellent job and I loved our pictures ♡

• User4098340 · event on 08/25/2013

Best photographer we've ever met. Not only did she capture the essence of our family, during our twins' party, she made it a point to meet the grandparents as soon as she got there so she could be aware of what shots would be important to us. We use her for all of our photography needs. She has a great eye for moments and is amazing at capturing the sparkle in people's eyes.

Abby · event on 08/25/2013

Angela did a photo session for my newborn son. I was very impressed at how well she worked with a newborn! She was very flexible, because she understood we needed to work on his schedule. Her shots were beautiful, not a lot of gimmicks, just my new baby and shots of Mom and Dad with baby. Angela's services are a great value for very professional work.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Kristin · event on 08/10/2013

Angela is a fantastic photographer! She was great with all 3 of my children and she was able to capture some great moments between them all. I would highly recommend her!

Erica · event on 06/13/2013

Angela jewett is an awesome photographer. I have taken pictures with her mutiple times and get compliments on all my pictures. Everyone wants to know who she is. I look forward to working with her again. I love the outside studio pictures. She is very timely and creative with poses. Love her. She is the best. I know for sure she is my go to photographer always.

Sent on 05/14/2014