A House On Fire Reviews

A House On Fire 2
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2018

The BEST Wedding Band!

When my husband and I went to look at our venue, the first thing they said to us was, "If you get married here, you need to book A House on Fire!" We are so happy we listened to them! AHOF was one of the highlights of our wedding, and made the night so much fun!

Hans and AHOF were so great to work with from the beginning! They even went above and beyond and learned our favorite Irish song! All of our guests were dancing from the ages of 3 to 90. We even had to move tables to make more space on the dance floor! The range of songs they play is incredible, and Talking Heads was a crowd hit!

The members of AHOF are incredibly talented and equally as friendly. We had so much fun with them, and give our highest recommendation!

Sent on 01/29/2019
    A House On Fire 3
    A House On Fire 4

Heather · Married on 12/15/2017

This band is amazing! They have a huge range of songs and genres, and they play it all incredibly. They even learned a new song for our first dance and parent dances which I am so grateful for. They were also fantastic with our guests; they listened as our niece told them a heartfelt story, and even allowed my husbands dad and nephew who play drums and bass to play a song with them! Almost every single guest asked us who they were and were absolutely blown away by their performance. They made our reception so much fun, and I am so glad we chose them! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

We booked House on Fire for our June wedding and we could not have been more pleased. The band was amazing and so personable and lively. There wasn't a second that the dance floor wasn't packed. Hans and his team was very responsive and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Katelyn · Married on 06/10/2017

We could not have been more pleased with A House on Fire! They sounded amazing and the dance floor was packed from the first song to the last. I can't tell you how many people have already asked us who our band was because they knew of friends and family looking for a band for their weddings. Thank you so much for being such an amazing part of an unforgettable day for Katelyn and I!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Cait · Married on 01/07/2017

Booked this band for our January 7, 2017 wedding in Lake Placid, NY and we have SO MANY good things to say! We are from Southern CT throwing a wedding in Upstate NY, so we had never heard the band in person. We booked based on the great reviews, some awesome videos/recordings, and their impressively long and varied song list. Hans (who heads things up) was extremely communicative and very receptive to our specific needs (very detailed song requests for what we were going to walk out to, cut the cake to, first dance/parent dances etc.). Everything went off without a hitch and they perfectly nailed doing a seamless mix of classic rock, top 40s, and more eclectic Phish/Grateful Dead/reggae (which is the stuff we’re into!). Everyone raved about how great they were and how unique and fun the music selection was (not your typical top 40 wedding stuff… which was EXACTLY what we were going for!). They also went way out of their way, not only by coming from Burlington, VT to Lake Placid, NY on a frigid, snowy day, but by bringing their acoustic drum set and by letting my husband’s band from back in the day do a few songs at the end. Plus, everyone was so nice, so enthusiastic, and clearly having a great time! Book them!

Sent on 01/14/2017

AnaLynn · Married on 01/02/2016

I booked this band without hearing them play live and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Our faith in the band was based on other reviews, the sounds clips they sent us from previous events, and our conversations with the man in charge. Despite being geographically challenged (Vermont band, NYC couple), Hans (the man in charge) made this process as stress free as possible. He was thoughtful not only to the type of music my fiancee and I enjoyed, but also the preferences of our parents and guests. EVERYONE was on the dance floor and I still receive compliments of how amazing our band was. They played all the right tunes and I am so grateful. Thanks so much to AHOF for helping to make our wedding memorable for all!

Sent on 02/08/2016

A House on Fire was an amazing addition to our wedding. They are an awesome band that can play a wide variety of genres and really gets the crowd up and dancing. We danced the night away and if we had to change anything about our wedding it would be to have a bigger dance floor because no one could resist this band. We used "Best Bands" to book and they were really helpful. After booking with AHOF, we were able to give them song preferences including a "do not playlist" which they stuck to. Overall, a really great experience and made our wedding reception more fun than we could have imagined!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Hanna · Married on 08/31/2013

A House on Fire (AHOF) is a band managed by "Best Bands". Many of our friends who have gotten married in the MA/VT/NH area had recommended using Best Bands to find our band. We were choosing between a few bands (using their song lists to decide) and ended up selecting AHOF after seeing them in person. We loved their musical talent, their ability to read and energize a crowd and we liked the idea that Hans (who runs Best Bands) was in AHOF. We were beyond pleased with their performance at our wedding. Many of our guests still bring up the band as a highlight when they reminisce about our wedding. We could not have asked for anything more from our wedding band.
    - a very happy bride