50 Reviews for a guy + a girl photography

Liability Insurance (4)
Proofs (4)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)

Lauren and Michael both shot my outdoor wedding in a bedford, NY and they did an amazing job documenting the day! All of the photos are absolutely stunning. Many friends and family have commented on them and how well they captured every part and person throughout the whole process of the day. Lauren and Michael are both just lovely people and so fun to be around. We had a blast with them at our engagement shoot as well. I feel so lucky to have had them BOTH there, I will treasure their photos forever!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

When our wedding venue changed last minute, Lauren was super accommodating and understanding. They also sent great forms to me ahead of time so they could really gauge what kind of photos we were interested in. Lauren and her assistant were absolutely wonderful, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Hallie, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot recommend Lauren highly enough! Finding her was a bit of a Goldilocks story. We first met her when she was setting up to shoot at a venue we were touring. I kept her business card and after speaking with two other photographers that felt "not right" - one had photographs that were washed out looking (over-saturated) and the other brightened the colors during editing to the point where they did not seem real - we reached out to Lauren. Lauren - who is an utter delight to work with - produces photographs that truly capture the moment. In our case she captured a perfect Hudson Valley day, how it felt for us and for guests and how it looked. The photographs are magical and perfect without the viewer knowing they've been tinkered with. She was the consummate professional, showed up extra-early, made everyone feel very much at ease, and worked seamlessly with her second shooter. In the end, she gave us even more photos than we were promised (nearly 1800!). While I am still delinquent in doing anything with them, my husband and I will treasure them forever. (On that note, even though they are called "a guy + a girl" she was super great at handling a gay couple!). I could go on and on...the point is, you will never regret this decision. Follow them on instagram and you'll get the sense.

Profile Picture Jarret, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Wedding Portraits

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I LOVED our photos, she was really able to capture our wedding in a beautiful way with her unique style. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Cristina, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren & Michael where amazing. We were so glad to have them as our photographers for our wedding. They were awesome at capturing the NYC feel for our pre-wedding shoot around the City.

Profile Picture T, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We did a family photo shoot with Lauren in NYC. Not only was Lauren patient and fun with our kids, but she was creative and professional too. We had a blast with her and the pictures are PHENOMENAL! She captured everyone's personalities perfectly and the relationships between all of us- and each picture is beautiful! Thank you Lauren for helping us preserve this special time in our lives and create lasting memories! We will be doing this every year from now on!

Profile Picture User7499858, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Lauren and Michael are AWESOME! They were so much fun to hang out with on our wedding day and were incredibly calming to be around. Lauren made a great schedule, that we stuck to pretty closely, so that we could get all of our group shots and first look pictures in while still being able to enjoy the cocktail hour and reception. We are so happy with the amount of photos and the quality of the pictures. We have loved sharing them with our family and friends and would absolutely recommend Lauren and Michael to anyone looking for two easy going, fun, friendly, upbeat photographers!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/7/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Lauren and Michael were amazing. They were a ton of fun to work with and were always prompt and courteous. The photos were so, so awesome. We were hoping to have maybe 5-10 REALLY great photos from the whole night that were worth framing and we ended up with HUNDREDS (they gave us 1300 total and they were all great, we just don't want to frame a bunch of random cousins). Their style is great - vivid and bright but without anything exaggerated (I've seen friends' wedding photos where the photographer used an obnoxious lens flare on every photo - none of that here).

We paid a bit extra to hire both of them, which was definitely worth it. I know who took which photos (Michael took the guys getting ready and Lauren took the girls) and they're both pretty indistinguishable. They shoot the same style. I'd recommend doing this as well.

You really can't go wrong with these two - if you like the style of photography on their instagram/facebook/website then you'll be really glad you hired them.

Also we paid extra for all the high-res files on a flash drive (which you should probably do with any photographer), and they sent them in a really nice decorative box with a nice note. These guys are awesome.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael and Lauren were our favorite wedding vendors! We loved working with them from start to finish. About a year before the wedding, Lauren photographed us for an engagement shoot. She made us feel comfortable and the finished product was amazing. Before our wedding day, she communicated with us about important photos and the vibe we were going for. On the day of our wedding, they showed up early which put me at ease as they looked around the venue for the best shots. They made us feel calm and beautiful all throughout the day. They got terrific shots without ever being in the way. We loved the end results! The photos were truly spectacular and working with the both them helped make our day so special. We will definitely use them for life milestone again!

Profile Picture Brooke, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

They are both wonderful people and went above and beyond for both our engagement shoot and wedding! They have a great eye and amazing talent - can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren and Michael were great, very professional and we loved their work for our wedding.

Profile Picture S, 6/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael and Lauren were the absolute best. We could not have imagined more perfect, professional, talented people to capture our day. From the minute we met them, through our engagement shoot, through wedding prep, and through to the big day, every interaction we had with them was wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

hi guys thanks you so much for everything you did for us!!!!

Profile Picture User7974270, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Lauren and Michael. They are lovely, friendly, awesome people who take pretty beautiful photos. Our images and album were beyond anything we could have hoped for and the experience was just perfect.

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Since getting engaged, my fiance and I have felt a ton of pressure to do things a certain way. We are not ones to buck tradition altogether, but many of the customs associated with engagements and weddings just don't suit us. Being bombarded with others' assumptions about what a wedding should look like, and who is supposed to play what role has been discouraging and exhausting. Lauren and Michael didn't let preconceived notions about what engagement shoots are supposed to be dictate how they photographed us. They just saw us for us and captured honest images of who we are as a couple. These images feel oddly private to me because they are such a true reflection of us. Needles to say, I love every last photo. You might call me an unconventional bride, but I'm just thrilled we found photographers who wanted what we wanted. thank you thank you thank you.

Profile Picture Abbie, 9/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I've worked in the wedding and event industry for over 20 years, and I know a lot of photographers - which made it difficult to choose who I wanted to hire for my son's bar mitzvah. I met Lauren and Michael at an industry event, and I liked them right away! What's more, after listening to them talk about their experience, I felt like the would be great technical photographers. Since this bar mitzvah would be a challenge to shoot - it was going to be dark and involve a lot of blue lighting - I wanted to make sure to hire a team who really knew their stuff!

Lauren and Michael are awesome! First of all, they've got amazing energy and are simply lovely to be around. They were generous with their time and passionate about doing whatever they could to get the right shot. But while I just knew they would get the party photos right, I was so happily blown away at the beautiful portraits they took of my son and our family! Ten thumbs way up!! We've got the most stunning family pictures to remind us of a great day in our lives. I can't recommend Lauren and Michael enough! Take it from someone who knows.

Profile Picture User4154672, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We thoroughly enjoyed working A Guy and A Girl Photography! My husband and I do not love taking photos, and were not into the "typical" dramatic wedding photographs. A Guy + A Girl listened to us and really got a sense of our wants and style. They picked out locations and positions that, not only made us feel comfortable, but really reflected us as a couple (Everyone you saw our engagement photos said that it looked so "us."). Shots reflect more of an "editorial" vibe, and that was one of the things I really liked about them. 100% recommend!

Profile Picture Jyoti, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren + Michael are each amazing photographers and awesome individuals and together they make such a fantastic team. I fell in love with their photographic style and we were so thrilled when we found out they were available on our wedding date. They were so enthusiastic and responsive throughout the entire process. On the wedding day, they were so positive and professional and really helped us feel completely at ease on a fairly hectic day. And their photos are incredible and perfectly reflected the joy and energy of the day -- I couldn't believe some of the moments they captured (many I never even noticed). Would absolutely recommend!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael and Lauren made our wedding day SO MUCH fun! It was super important to us to have vendors who felt more like friends and family. AG+AG made us so comfortable in front of the camera and gave us photos that were BEYOND anything we expected. They knew exactly what we wanted and were hilarious the entire time. 10000% book an engagement shoot with them as it helps to make them part of your wedding day instead of "just shooting" your wedding day. Look NO further for your photogs!!

Profile Picture Dana, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

When I began looking for a photographer, I came across a photograph capturing a tear of happiness roll down the bride's face. I knew at that moment, that that was what I was looking for when it came to capturing one of the happiest days of my life. When I sat down to meet Lauren and Michael, I told them about the photograph and the look on Lauren's face was so reassuring- she knew exactly what I was looking for and promised that, as photographers, they were looking for the exact same thing. From that conversation on, Lauren and Michael were nothing short of exceptional. As someone with an extremely busy schedule and with wedding planning in addition, Lauren and Michael were completely understanding and more responsive than I could have ever imagined or expected with all of the questions (and inspiration) running through my mind. With both our engagement photos and wedding photos, Lauren and Michael have an ease with them that can't help but make you smile- truly making the experience of being in front of the camera that much easier. As I sit and look through all of the photographs that they captured, I am amazed by the range of photos and the moments captured- especially those I didn't even see that night- you, as a bride, tend to be so wrapped up in love and the experience that you can't possibly be a part of every moment but Lauren and Michael captured everything so I can now enjoy every moment with my husband. If you're looking for a photographer that will capture you both as individuals and a couple, who have a way of being everywhere at once so you can sit on the couch with your significant other a year later and love every memory, tear and smile captured in a photograph, you can't go wrong with A Guy & A Girl Photography.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren and Michael not only captured the look and feel of my wedding perfectly, they made the day extremely fun and laidback. The pictures captured all of the details that I wanted but had a focus on people - both ourselves and our amazing family and friends. They previewed the venue and found angles, settings and ideas for shots that we would never have thought of! Our pictures came out beautifully and we could not ask for more. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User6160392, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

Lauren and Michael were great. Our biggest concern with wedding photos were that we would feel uncomfortable, but they both put us at ease. We did an engagement shoot, which was a great way to get to know Lauren and get a little comfortable. Along the planning process, Lauren was available and open to our ideas. On the day of, she and Michael were creative and fun. They truly captured the essence of our special day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/29/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

AGAG were awesome! They delivered on all promises and took amazing shots! Lauren and Michael captured all the important moments and some hidden gems:) Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Jared, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

A guy and a Girl Photography did an amazing job with my wedding-- even my guests were commenting on how great they were. I loved the flexibility that two photographers give and the pictures came out so lovely. Would recommend to anybody!

Profile Picture User6147296, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

We were thrilled with our wedding photos from A Guy and a Girl. The photos came out beautifully, thanks to Lauren and Michael's creative eye and their ability to zero in on special, candid moments throughout the day. They also blended seamlessly into the crowd throughout the wedding; I didn't even notice they were there most of the time, which I think is part of what allowed them to capture so many truly candid photos. Lauren and Michael were easy to work with throughout the process. I found their prices to be very fair for the quality received; I felt the quality of our photos was similar to what I saw when looking at much more expensive options.

Profile Picture Janine, 7/12/14, 4 Reviews