A Grand Event Tent & Event Rentals Reviews

94 | Kensington, MD

94 Reviews for A Grand Event Tent & Event Rentals

• User4320883 · 2+ years ago

We rented a tent with lighting and fans for a surprise birthday party for my husband. The team at A Gran Event, from start to finish, was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

jennifer · Married on 11/23/2012

What a Grand Event it was and all thanks to the wonderful people at A Grand Event. They made the whole wedding planning easy. I didn't have to think of anything. They've "been there, done that" and had everything anyone could need or want. Their staff was professional, helpful and reliable. Thank you to everyone involved!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Dave · Married on 09/15/2012

Provided linens, a small stage, a few tables, and table number stands. Very helpful staff, no problems with delivery and pickup.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Shristi · Married on 06/02/2012

Wes and his parents were truly wonderful to work with! Most rental companies I contacted prior to A Grand Event Party Rentals would take days/weeks to respond back. Wes, on the other hand, would respond to my emails/calls in a matter of minutes, if not, hours. They were very helpful with the planning process (gave honest feedback as opposed to trying to sell you unnecessary items) and were receptive to all the changes that were made closer to the wedding. Due to some rain the day before my wedding, we had to move our wedding indoors and never used the tent we rented but Wes worked with my wedding coordinator the night before and the morning off to make sure everything went smoothly to move the reception indoors. I didn't give them a 5 stars on flexibility because when my wedding coordinator approached them about giving us some refund for not using thousands of dollars worth of tent, etc, we only received a small refund. But again, I'm appreciative of the refund and that's more than what most vendors would have done, hence, the high rating of 4 stars :)

I would recommend A Grand Event Party Rentals without any reservations to all my family, friends and brides-to-be! They are professional and easy-going and for a bride that has 4948838393 things to do, rental will be one less thing you'll worry about with Wes and his team!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Kathy · Married on 07/16/2011

Awesome! Grand Event saved our wedding ceremony!! We had ordered 150 white chairs and a wedding arch from another vendor which called us 2 days before our event and fell through (after we had already paid). We called up Grand Event and luckily, they had 150 chairs and a white arch dropped off for us immediately the NEXT DAY with plenty of time to spare before our rehearsal! Timely drop off and pickup, great professional service. Would definitely recommend them for anyone with event rental needs. Thanks again for saving our ceremony! :)

Sent on 08/02/2011

Adrienne · Married on 09/19/2009

Had a very pleasant experience working with A Grand Event!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Gigi · event on: 03/03/2018

They were amazing flexible and responsive

Sent on 03/26/2018
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 05/25/2019

Easy as pie

They were familiar with the venue, which made it super easy to work with them.

Sent on 06/21/2019

A Grand Event Tent & Event Rentals's reply:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special day, Claire! I wish you and your husband all the joy and happiness that marriage has to offer.

We have been working closely with the Hendry House for many years and we treat every wedding with the care they need, you were a pleasure to work with and I look forward to hearing back from you for any future endeavors.

3.0

Rented several items for my wedding. Chairs, flatware, white dance floor and china. Very easy to work with, very prompt service. All items where in good condition. Would highly recommend renting from them again.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2009

A Grand Event is very professional and responsive both over email and over the phone. I changed my order many times, including a week before the event, and they were very patient and flexible. Their prices were similar to (or slightly cheaper than) other places I considered. They did a good job of coordinating delivery and pick up with the reception site. The only problem I had was that they delivered only 1 coffee percolator instead of the 3 that I had ordered. Because I wasn't there when the rental equipment was dropped off, the missing equipment was not noticed until the caterers were setting up. The caterers called them but could not reach them. The company did apologize afterwards and refunded the price of the missing equipment. My advice to anyone (no matter what company you use) would be to make sure somebody checks the order in advance of the reception. Overall I still would recommend this company because they were so nice throughout the planning process, and the prices were reasonable.

Sent on 06/28/2009
  • Ann

Ann Baldauf · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Tent...easy and professional

Provided exactly what we needed.

Sent on 09/14/2019

A Grand Event Tent & Event Rentals's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Ann, and I want to say thank you for letting us play a part in your special day.

Christine Ash · Married on 01/05/2019

Provided Tables in a Pinch

I am an event planner in the area, and a Grand Event did a great job supplying rental tables for a client of mine. We booked last minute and they took care of everything even in the middle of all the holidays! Would definitely use again

Sent on 01/30/2019

Annie · Married on 09/05/2015

4.2

We used A Grand Event for chairs for our wedding. We ordered white folding chairs for the ceremony and gold chivari chairs for the reception. Kristen was very responsive and quick to draw up a contract and answer all my questions. She was flexible with the numbers (we had a lot of guests coming from out of town who RSVPed last minute, and I was able to adjust the number of chairs even a week before the wedding).
    *Edit*: There was some confusion for me over the "carry on" cost and the final bill, but they were quick to reach out to me and explain everything more clearly after the event, so I've increased my rating. I would say to make sure you are clear with both A Grand Event and your venue with how the chairs are delivered/who will bring them where, to avoid any last minute confusion and stress!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Hi Annie,

Thank you so much for going back and editing the review. It was a pleasure working with you, and we listened to your feedback and are making more clear to our clients what service we provide and what is additional. Thanks again!

A Grand Event

3.0

Good communication and service.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Marta · Getting married on 06/07/2022

3.0

Convenient location and reliable service

Staff was prepared when we picked up, as well as dropped off, our rentals--knowing which customer we are. Website, however, does not list prices anymore, nor all the items, as I'd remembered it did back 3-4 yrs ago.

Sent on 07/30/2020

Evelyn · Married on 11/15/2014

Great job Kristen; The service rendered was wonderful! We will use you again.

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

3.5
      2.5
      2.5
      3.5

The prices seemed a bit high for what I received: for example I thought the chargers were going to at least be ceramic or metal but they were plastic and we were still charged over $2 for each. I probably could have bought them for the same price.
    Also, I ordered the brass cake stand and I received a silver one. It was too late to make any changes so we just kept it.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Sapna · event on: 07/30/2011

1.6
      0.0
      2.0

I rented five tables and 40 folding chairs from A Grand Event for my engagement party in April. They delivered the equipment on time and picked it up as well. We had set up everything in the basement. After they picked them up, we realized that the chairs had left dirt stains all over our carpets. And when we were setting up the tables, we had to put TAPE at the bottom of the legs to ensure the dirt wasn't going to stain the carpet. But we couldn't put tape on 40 chairs before the party, so we were out of luck. We had to HIRE people to clean our carpets the next day. This was SUCH a disappointment. To add fuel to the fire, I called a week later to complain about this issue, and the gentleman who answered basically told me that the next time I rent (I had asked him if I rent again, how can I ensure this won't happen again), he will "personally" make a note on the contract that the chairs are being used indoors and that the feet should be clean. That is not doing me any kind of favor. I think it seems pretty standard to make sure the feet are clean when you are aware that they are being used indoors. Needless to say, never renting from them again!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Sam · Married on 10/08/2016

1.2
      0.5
      1.5
      1.0

Some reviewers of A Grand Event say they almost cried when they saw how beautiful the setup was. We almost cried because of how bad ours was. The vendor delivered us a cheap looking tent, which did not match the photo on their website, setup our tent incorrectly so it leaked and created a mud pit and was completely dismissive of our concerns.

Working with A Grand Event started out well. They were quick to make updates to our order; they showed us various tent configurations and even provided suggestions.

However, when it came to delivery, the company failed.

The crew showed up with a different tent than we ordered. The delivered tent looked like it was for selling rugs in an abandoned parking lot, not a wedding tent. We were stuck with the tent because we only had 2 days before the wedding. The tent was also setup incorrectly so when it rained, water leaked along a seam into the tent and created a mud pit.

I spoke to the owner of the company and expressed the problems we had. He refused to understand how devastating the mistakes his company made were. It may be your wedding day, but for A Grand Event, it’s just another day. They are not concerned if it goes well or not. Find another vendor that is.

Sent on 04/30/2017