A Final Take Music and Video Reviews

39 | Omaha, NE

39 Reviews for A Final Take Music and Video

Chris · Married on 06/11/2011

I am the Mother of the Bride, and Angie and I couldn't be happier with the choice we made for the videography. We had rave reviews from our guests on The Love Story! It was such a hit and memorable event at the wedding. I've had calls from other parents asking about this company. Kate and her husband are super nice, accommodating, and very professional. They gave us a 15 minute highlight video of the wedding which is awesome, and the final video couldn't have turned out better! EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT work! I highly recommend them!!! Chris Urzendowski

Sent on 08/04/2011

Renee · Married on 05/21/2011

A Final Take was outstanding! They were so patient and personalized everything for us. We got married outside and hired them for the ceremony and reception for music. We got so many compliments on our DJ (Joel was awesome, gracious AND fun). We also used them for our video elements for the reception (trivia quiz and slideshow). Everyone (including us!) were extremely impressed with the professional quality of Kate's work. She has did just a perfect job on our wedding videos (ceremony, reception, etc). And she got everything delivered to us so quickly. When you're interviewing vendors for your DJ and video service, A Final Take should DEFINITELY be on your list. Then ditch the other ones and hire these guys!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Carolyn · Married on 05/14/2011

A Final Take Music and Video was great! They were very good about getting back to me when I had questions and explained how they would capture my wedding day. I hardly even noticed them there and they captured everything I had wanted and more! Awesome job and very friendly!

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • F

Holly · Married on 05/07/2011

They were such nice people to work with. When contacting them by email, they responded quickly and answered every silly question I asked. On the wedding day they were nothing but smiles and very helpful. They are open to anything you want included in your video. We received our DVDs very quickly after our wedding date, and we were very impressed with their work! They did great work for a very reasonable price. We would definitely recommend them to help complete your special day.

Sent on 05/27/2011

Grant · Married on 10/09/2010

Everything was perfect! The video wasn't just of our wedding, but rather the story of our wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2008

Kate did a great job at my wedding! I have every moment of our big day on video now and it is perfect! Watching the video after the wedding was great becasue for me the day went sooo fast I missed a few things that my guests where doing and Kate got every moment of it! It is so important to have a video of my wedding because already a few of the people that where they have passed so it is so nice to have a happy fun memory of them to watch!!

Sent on 04/24/2011

Tiffany · Married on 10/22/2016

Tina did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding. She knew that we needed someone to help with the program for the night and she was excellent at keeping everything on pace and making sure everyone had fun. She was very professional and easy to get along with. I would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2012

We were very very happy with the services Joel provided for us both at our ceremony and dance. He was very open to adding additional things to our reception and dance throughout the night as well as making sure everything ran smoothly! If we ever needed a dj for an event, we would definately call him!

Sent on 10/10/2012

jenna · Married on 06/30/2012

Provided an excellent video, even edited things out I was hoping were not included and captured all the special moments. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Aimee · Married on 03/26/2011

We were very pleased with our wedding video! Only negative was that we felt is was just a tad expensive for a singke camera ceremony but it was worth having it!

Sent on 04/20/2011

liz · Married on 08/12/2011

The best part of A Final Take videography is that I didn't even notice they were there! That is hard to do with a camera in hand. Cameras can make people nervous and they did a great job of staying "below the radar" while still capturing great moments!

Sent on 09/02/2011

Kayla · Married on 06/03/2011

There were a few spots in our video I would have liked to have edited if we would have had time to do so. Otherwise, the video was well worth the money and Kate and her husband were very easy to work with.

Sent on 07/12/2011

The · Married on 09/21/2013

3.0

Joel was amazing to work with! He accommodated all of my requests without any pushback, helped me put together an original piece for the garter toss and is just a genuinely caring person. His laid back and easy going personality was a dream to work with. THANK YOU SO MUCH JOEL!!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

2.6
      2.5
      3.5
      2.5
      1.5
      3.0

My husband and I were not looking for a crazy DJ for our wedding. We more or less wanted someone that would play music to keep people happy throughout the night, whether they were dancing or not. Our wedding guests were not a dancing crowd by any means so we weren't expecting anything crazy and our guests like a good variety of music like we do. We had to tell the DJ in the very beginning to tone down his energy level while he was talking and we had to ask on many occasions not to play so much of one type of music. Our guests had told us that a couple of songs were play multiple times. The biggest disappointment for us was at first, my walk down the isle was supposed to be to the same song as everyone else walked down to, but it wasn't, which really made me a little upset. We had also talked about a time to end the reception and it was about 45 minutes to an hour BEFORE the time we had discussed when I heard that it was last call for alcohol and the music stopped about a half hour before what we wanted. My husband and his family never said anything to lead to the ending of the reception early, nor did I or my family so we are very unsure of what happened there. My last comment would be about the lack of communication before the wedding. We booked fairly early and had not heard from him for a good couple of months. It was the week before our wedding that he finally called to schedule a time. I wasn't overly concerned with that at that point in time, but now looking back on it, I would have like more time to discuss things so maybe they would have been different. I have to take some of the blame for this though too because I could have reached out to him, but let's be real here, its not like its easy to focus on one task at a time when planning a wedding!

Sent on 09/01/2012

A Final Take Music and Video's reply:

We take great pride in providing a very customized and personalized service to each of our clients. We have a detailed reception planner to assist our clients and ourselves with preparing for any event. As a DJ, I try really hard to match my energy level to the request of the client. After it was mentioned that I was a little more energic than wanted, I did curb my energy to a better fit for your reception. As for the ceremony music. The song that was requested for the ushering in of people, wedding party processional, and bridal march was "Somewhere over the Rainbow' by The Piano Guys. This is an artist that I was unfamiliar with but spent some time to familiarize myself with them the week before the wedding. I purchased two of their albums to not only have some of their music for you that night but also to increase my knowledge of a new band I was not educated on. The song itself has a loop in the middle that is different from the rest of the song. I'm not sure if there are other versions of the song from the same artist but I did the best I could to match their requests. The unfortunate thing is that the loop occured right as you came walking out. I did not, however, change songs. I was instructed to replay the song if needed because it was what was wanted. Due to the length of time in ushering people in, wedding party walking, and finally the bridal march; the song was repeated twice. As far as music selection during dancing, I pride myself on providing a good variety of music. I try to mix things up and keep everyone happy. Depending on the requests I get from guests, sometimes one music genre may weight slightly heavier than others. Part of our reception planner is a large portion for music selection. I ask my clients what type of music they want and don't want. Then I play requests based on the selections picked by my clients. The matter of repeated songs, there were two songs that were repeated during dancing. This is by no means my prefered thing to do but there was a group of people that really wanted those songs again and towards the end of the night I did play them for them. Again, this is by no means standard operating procedure but on occasion it does happen if that's what the people on the dancefloor want.
    One of the things that I do during any reception is I check in on my clients at certain points during the night. Usually this is during dinner, halfway through the night, and an hour before the end of contract time. At the hour before mark I always check in and see if there are any othe songs I can play for a client and how everything has been. When I approached the bride's mother, she informed me that everything has been great and she was ready to call it a night. I asked if I could play anything for her and I was told to play a few more songs and then wrap it up. I called last call for the bar, played three more songs and then did the last song of the night. Afterwords, during clean up, I again checked with the bride's mom and she said everything was wonderful. There was nothing indicated to me that there was anything wrong or that they wanted to continue. I would never end early without being instructed to.
    As far as the timing of our meeting. I generally would like to get in contact with my clients at least a month out from their wedding so we have plenty of time to schedule our consultation. I did call on 7/16 just under two weeks out to schedule our appointment which was scheduled just over a week prior to the wedding. Your wedding was 7/28 and we met on 7/20. This is still not my prefered timing and I apologize for the delay in our meeting. Again, I usually like to meet with my clients a month out and I apologize that we did not get together sooner.
    We take a lot of pride in providing a top tier DJ/MC service. I apologize that your experience with us was unfavorable. We work really hard to make things personalized to our clients. We wish you the best.