A Day of Bliss Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Asha
    Asha D. Married on 07/10/2021

Stunning Photos & Awesome Team

Wolfgang, Chiaki, and Katya captured our Brooklyn wedding and did a flawless job. Their style is ethereal and they are each true professionals in their work. We loved working with them and we're so happy we chose them for our wedding day.

Working with Wolfgang throughout the planning process was great. He is kind, professional, and attentive to details. He was also incredibly responsive each time we had a question or concern, and planning with him was really seamless.

A Day of Bliss did an incredible job in capturing all the special moments we wanted and every detail without ever feeling invasive or intrusive. We never felt they were in the way in our private moments as a couple and with family on the wedding, but they all did a great job of creating special moments for us throughout the day and making sure it was captured. They were also really great with all the more formal portraits - nothing felt too staged or fake, and they did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and capturing authentic moments.

Our photos turned out absolutely stunning! They really captured all vibrancy and color of an Indian wedding. They caught small moments throughout each event. There are so many photos that you can really feel the emotion jump out of the photos. They also took the effort to get great pictures of all of our guests, something we and all our families really appreciate. Lastly, they did an incredible job with photos of our venue, decor, vibe, food, etc.

We are absolutely floored with how the photos turn out and are so thankful for A Day of Bliss's team. Don't hesitate to work with them!!
    Melissa F. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing!

I wish we could give more than 5 stars! Wolf and Chiaki are so incredibly talented, kind and professional. They captured our day perfectly and were so thoughtful and careful. We are in love with all of the photos and couldn't be happier!
    Catherine F. Married on 05/23/2020

Incredible photography!

Excellent service, professional , unobtrusive and beautiful pictures !! They are excellent - I used for both of my daughters weddings .I recommend highly.
    Ashleigh E. Married on 09/14/2019

Highest level of professionalism, quality and care

From before my wedding to receiving my wedding album, A Day of Bliss Photography has executed everything with the highest level of professionalism, quality and care. My wedding planner referred A Day of Bliss to me along with a bunch of other photographers to choose from. I was immediately drawn to their beautiful and breathtaking photos and couldn’t wait for the beautiful photos to be captured on my special day. The day of the wedding, could not have gone better. The lead photographer, Chiaki Sato and the crew showed up on time and we started shooting immediately. They made it easy for me, my family and friends to get great shots and enjoy his company all day long. There was so much care and thoughtfulness that went into every photo that it was actually so hard to even make my final selections (what a great problem to have). When I received my wedding album in the mail, I cried as if it was the day of the wedding again. I was blown away at how incredible it was and how it was so beautifully done. All my friends and family say they have never seen an album like mine. It’s perfect. A Day of Bliss Photography was one of the reasons my day was so easy, fun and perfect. Thank you Chiaki and A Day of Bliss Photography, you will always be highly recommended in my book!
    Danielle Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding photography

Words cannot express how amazing Wolf and Chiaki are! Not only are their photos breathtaking, they are so easy to work with, they are reliable and so professional. They are such genuine people. I am so lucky to have had them capture my wedding day and wedding welcome dinner. I can’t wait to have more special moments for them to capture on the future!
    Julian Married on 10/05/2018
    Loved working with this company! My fiance and I wanted some engagement photos and we received high quality images and videos! The price was reasonable for the quality of service we received and it was an all around pleasure working with A day of Bliss. We are sure that we will be contacting them again very soon to do our wedding photos!
    Valentina Married on 09/30/2018

Amazing team!

I am very thankful to have worked with Wolfgang and Chiaki. They have been so attentive and supportive throughout the whole process. A week before the wedding they met with me at my venue in New Jersey and spent 2 hours touring the venue and taking notes of all the little details I wanted. Chiaki would take pictures of scenery that was important to me to keep in her file and use on the day of the wedding. My photos are beautiful and creative, which was really important to me because I chose a venue with a lot of scenery. Chiaki even ran up to a balcony to capture the same photos that Wolfgang caught on the ground. They’ve been so pleasant throughout such a stressful time. Even after they gave me my full retouched gallery, they still met with me to show me all the images that did not make it in the album and added them to my album. I’m so thankful for them!
  • I
    Ian N. Married on 08/11/2018

Beyond all expectations

Selecting vendors for your wedding can be daunting. How do you even find the right photographer? A Day of Bliss is the answer. My wife and I could not have been more happy we decided to work with Wolfgang and Chiaki. They put us at ease from the very first meeting and delivered beyond expectations from our engagement shoot, the first look and throughout the wedding. Professional, easy to work with and talented!!!
  • Arti
    Arti Married on 08/10/2018

Multicultural Wedding

No words can ever express our gratitude to both Chiaki and Wolfgang for the phenomenal job and experience during our 2 day affair. Having a Nigerian / Indian wedding is not very common, but they were able to capture all of our traditions in such a beautiful/ candid way. From our first meeting with Wolfgang, to the moment we received our albums, they were so welcoming/ catering and easy to work with. They made every effort to make sure we were comfortable every step of the way! Thank you so much to A Day of Bliss for truly working with us and being apart of our special day, we love you guys!!!
    Martina Married on 07/21/2018

dream wedding

We decided to marry at my dream location in Italy, Lake Como. During our research my now husband and I always circled back to the famous Villa del Balbianello located on the Dosso d'Avedo peninsula in Lenno.
    The research to find our photographers also took a long time since we were looking for a studio that would capture the essence of this magical place and provide us with photographs we could
    cherish as a keepsake of our dream wedding. Needless to say that Wolfgang and Chiaki, the team behind A Day of Bliss Photography were the perfect choice for us, they managed to surpass our high expectations way beyond what we could have imagined, they were always on time and absolutely professional, dressed to perfection and such a pleasure to work with. Responding with a positive attitude, it made the day so easy and stress free. Our families also mentioned how gracious they were and we will recommend A Day of Bliss to everyone who is looking for great, pleasant and talented photographers.
    Christina R. Married on 06/10/2018

Fabulous photos and kind, helpful photographers!

Chiaki did an exceptional job with my wedding photos! I loved all my photos (of which she sent over 800 edited and color corrected!). She captured all the candid moments I was hoping for (genuinely candid!), ensured that everyone looked attractive in the posed shots, and had a level of artistry to the framing of many of her photographs that took them beyond the typical, expected wedding photos. Also, she was so flexible -- met me at the venue a few weeks before the wedding to identify all the locations where we'd take pictures, and always happy to answer my emails. Lastly, she has such a sweet and unobtrusive personality -- you won't feel like someone is bossing you around on your wedding day!
    Kate Married on 05/19/2018
    We were blown away by Wolfgang and Chiaki at Day of Bliss. They were professional, creative, accommodating, and flexible. They really understood what we were going for and got amazing and candid shots from our wedding and rehearsal dinner. They were flexible on timing, shooting indoors and out, and made suggestions on where and how to stand to enhance our pictures. We were supposed to get married outside and it was raining so the few moments that the rain stopped, they immediately encouraged us to go outside and captured amazing shots. They knew how important it was to get outdoor pics since we picked Montauk as our wedding destination, and were so attentive to make sure we captured this. We can't say enough good things!
    Rachel Married on 05/05/2018
    Working with Day of Bliss was an absolute delight. We spent a long time sifting through photographers’ websites and we absolutely adored their photos; they stand out in particular for their use of natural light, and we really wanted a bright, airy feel for our photos, particularly as our venue has a tendency to skew dark. Wolfgang was impeccably professional from our first meeting, and quick to respond to questions.
    On the day itself, Chiaki met up with the bridal party and Wolfgang with the groom’s party. Chiaki was excellent at setting up the mood for the day – she took details shots out of the way of the chaos, and would pop back in to ooh and aah and tell us we looked fabulous, tell cheerful stories and just generally help everyone feel more comfortable and excited. She moved very professionally and easily around the action, capturing group and solo pictures, somehow managing to take pictures of everything without ever stopping or unnecessarily pulling people to the side. When we met up in Central Park for our first look, Chiaki was great at noticing little details such as an errant hem or fold and fixing them – she was also hilariously direct with passersby who were in the way of a great shot and would shoo them away quickly. Wolfgang was a calm and relaxing presence for the groomsmen’s getting ready photos; he asked about posed shots and took a lot of great candids without being intrusive. He had a lot of suggestions for how to use the time we had and was proactive about seeking out nice shots around the park. During group shots, when everyone was getting hungry and grumpy, he was able to instill enough humor to keep us going!
    At the wedding itself, they were both never in the way of the action, moving seamlessly through the crowd, and taking great pictures throughout. Photos did take a while to come in; I think it was about 18 weeks when all was said and done, but this may vary based on time of year. And the photos are absolutely beautiful – no regrets here
    Kara Married on 02/24/2018
    Where do I even began with how amazing Wolfgang and Chiaki are? They take the most beautiful photos ever. Absolutely stunning. They have an incredible eye and are true artists. They captured so many beautiful moments at the right angles and I am eternally grateful. Their skills and capabilities make for beautiful photos but what also makes them so special is their character and energy. They are the most wonderful people - kind, warm, and positive. You could not find more wonderful people to be with you on your wedding day. In my case, it made an incredible difference. There was some family drama and venue issues that came up in the weeks leading up to my wedding. As such, there were a lot of things that I didn't have time to prepare for which resulted in a wardrobe malfunction and other things that went wrong. Wolfgang patiently and thoughtfully helped edit my photos after my wedding day so that the issues with my dress were not reflected in the pictures. He was so kind. Every time I look at my photos I have joyful tears. Best decision I made with my wedding was hiring A Day of Bliss.
    Stephanie Married on 02/17/2018
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about Wolf and Chiaki!! First off, their photography skills are top notch: not only are they both incredibly talented, but Chiaki’s skills at close up portraiture and vignettes perfectly complement Wolf’s dominance of wider format architectural photography. I never thought I would be one to include any of my personal photos in a review, but I just had to share one for this review because no words can do justice to Wolf’s talents. Secondly, they aren’t just professional, but they are fantastic to be around: they put us at ease, gave us enough direction to put us in our best light while never feeling too contrived, were an absolute pleasure to spend time with, and somehow perfectly blended in to the background during our wedding so we were never conscious about the presence of photographers. Finally, the packages for A Day of Bliss are a wonderful value: not only do you get all of Wolf and Chiaki’s attention on your wedding day, you get digital copies of all of your photos without a watermark, a gorgeous online gallery, and an engagement shoot. I would recommend A Day of Bliss (and have!) without hesitation to even my most particular friends, and highly recommend you consider them for your wedding.
    Nicole Married on 11/18/2017
    We couldn't have asked for a better photographer than Wolfgang and his team for our wedding! We received so many complements from friends and family and the photographs were gorgeous. Wolfgang was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process -they are true professionals and I can't recommend them highly enough!
    Kelsey Married on 11/11/2017
    Working with Chiaki on our wedding day was an absolute pleasure. She took time beforehand to know exactly what shots I wanted and what styles I preferred. She organized the bridal party well but was never bossy or overwhelming-- she kept the day much calmer than it could have been. Every shot was amazing-- I wish I could frame them all! I can't say enough about this wonderful team
    Margaret Married on 10/14/2017
    Wolfgang and Chiaki were amazing to work with for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. They have a great eye for composition and were so great at making us feel at ease in front of the camera on both occasions. The photographs and album both turned out beautifully. We would highly recommend them!!!
    Denise Married on 09/16/2017
    We were absolutely impressed and happy with A day of bliss and Wolfgang! It was such a pleasure to help our day go smooth and we highly reccommend for any special event!!! Most definitely weddings!!
    Ami Married on 09/10/2017
    Chiaki and Wolfgang keep what they promise, we trusted them with our wedding day coverage and we are truly in love with what they delivered.
    We relive the happiest day of our lives every time we look at these magical images and we can feel the same emotions we felt that day.
    Thank you again, A Day of Bliss, we are so happy we made the right choice and we can only recommend you to the highest degree,
    you are so talented, professional and so easy to work with.
    Max Married on 09/09/2017
    It was a great pleasure to work w/ Wolfgang and the whole team of Day of Bliss. They were extremely accommodating and their pictures artwork, each one of them. They understood exactly what we wanted and they delivered without a flaw. Cannot recommend them enough.
    Mark Married on 09/09/2017
    My husband and I couldn't be happier with our engagement/wedding photographer choice! Wolfgang and Chiaki were extremely professional and captured our special day beautifully :) Couldn't recommend A Day of Bliss more!
    Rebecca Married on 08/12/2017
    We got to know Wolfgang when he shot our Engagement Shoot in Brooklyn. Within less than an hour in sweltering heat with only his camera (no bulky equipment or assistants), he captured the city skyline and all of the treasures in the area. He worked his magic as the final photos looked as if the weather was a cool, sunny day. Wolfgang is a master at capturing the natural light and framing the images perfectly. We were beyond happy and impressed with this shoot - we used the images for our Save the Dates, our main wedding website photo, etc.

Now, onto the wedding! We got married in Brooklyn in August. Wolfgang and Chiaki were so incredible to work with. They were very flexible with our schedule, and willing to come early on last minute notice. As pros, they guided us through all of our pre-wedding photos, captured the ceremony and party perfectly, and shot wonderful candid and posed photos of the guests throughout the night. They creates a fun and relaxed environment. Again, they just had their cameras (no assistants or massive equipment). They are an amazing team and work very well together.

When they provided us with the final edit after the event, we were beyond happy with the photos. They had exceeded our expectations. Most wedding photos are awkward with a lot of bright flash that either wash out the faces or are unflattering. Wolfgang and Chiaki captured the natural light so well throughout the evening. They captured every single important moment. We probably could have made a final album with 500 photos.

Lastly, they have been a delight to work with throughout the 2 years we were in contact. Wolfgang is incredibly responsive via email and always happy to meet in person. They know their trade so well, so we trusted them throughout the whole process. Wolfgang comes from a fashion photographer background so his work is grand, artistic, precise, and beautiful.

We would 100% recommend working with them. You will be thrilled with the photos!
  • F
    Fatia Married on 07/01/2017
    We are so grateful to Wolfgang and Chiaki, we would not have enough great words to say how incredible they were on our wedding day.
    We are a French couple from Paris and we got married in NY last July. From the beginning, I knew I wanted A Day of Bliss Photography for our wedding. For almost a year, my husband suggested to me different photographers that he knew but I could not change my mind about Wolfgang. I was completely seduced by his work and the reviews about him were all amazing and so truthful. I couldn’t believe it when he said yes to be our photographer. I was thrilled!

We wanted timeless and artistic photos and Wolgang knew exactly what we were looking for. He has responded to all our requests and the result is fantastic. The photos are breathtaking and we loved working with him and his partner Chiaki. They were professional and easy-going at the same time, creative, attentive and responsive from the very beggining. I HIGHLY recommend them. Photography is an art and Wolfgang is a MASTER.

Thank you so much Wolfgang for making our special day unforgettable and fun. You and Chiaki felt like friends and having you as our photographers was priceless. Our friends and families in France were speechless seeing the photos and you made NY even more romantic than Paris on your pictures.