A Charleston Event Reviews

110 | Charleston, SC

110 Reviews for A Charleston Event

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Scott · Married on 12/03/2018

I have been a driver for many of the events with "A Charleston Event". Holly is a dynamite planner. Every event I've helped with was professional and all I heard from the wedding party's and guests over the years was how it was the best wedding they have ever been to or a part of. I've driven for numerous weddings over the years and the ones that Holly has been in charge of were the best organized and orchestrated. Just #1 in my book. Thanks for the opportunity to drive for all of these couples on the most important day of their lives.

• Corine

Corine · Married on 05/04/2018

Holly was our officiant and truly made our day special. She is a pleasure to work with and made the ceremony one of a kind and personal. I highly recommend her!!

• Z

Zoe · Married on 03/31/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Holly Simpson this September as she officiated a wedding with such grace and composure. Guests were raving about how eloquently she conducted the ceremony and even brought tears to their eyes. I would without a doubt recommend A Charleston Event to any future couples.

Laurel · Married on 10/22/2017

Holly is an absolutely amazing resource! Her quick thinking, resourcefulness, and flexibility helped us work through dozens of small complications. Her focus on the details helped to make our wedding day the best day of my life. We are truly fortunate to have been able to work with her, she kept the focus on us and advocated for us at every possible turn. I would recommend anybody I have a conversation with to utilize here. She is an amazing woman!

Ryan · Married on 10/15/2017

Holly was absolutely amazing through our entire process! As a groom marrying a bride who pays attention to small details Holly was able to help my wife find all the vendors and work with them to enable a beautiful wedding day. Holly made sure that the day of, the focus remained on both me and the bride. She was a huge component of it being the best day of my life. I honestly don't know how we would have been able to pull it off without her!

Lina · Married on 07/22/2017

We greatly appreciate that Holly took the time to learn the vows in Spanish!!! That certainly made our ceremony unique and special. Every reading she selected was beautiful and meaningful making that day truly exceptional.

We feel blessed that our paths crossed!

Lina&Hernán

Sent on 08/29/2016

A Charleston Event's reply:

I am so blessed and honored to have met you and Hernan. I wish you both much love and joy on your journey through life together as husband and wife. Cheers to you both!

Marilyn · Married on 07/11/2017

Holly was our officiant and she was amazing... she provided a really sweet ceremony for our wedding at the beach, included everything we wanted like catholic arras and unity sand and our own vows. everything was really nice :D Thank you!

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Holly made our wedding day (and everything leading up to it) go super smoothly! It was great to not have to worry about anything on my wedding day except getting my dress on - Holly took care of everything else! Additionally her design ideas were great! Our wedding would not have looked half as nice as it did without Holly's ideas and input.
    Holly is also very friendly and personable and immediately puts you at ease from the moment you meet her. We interviewed a lot of wedding planners but when we met Holly my husband, parents and I all knew she was the one to work with! The most valuable thing she did was calm my nerves throughout the entire planning process and on the day!

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2017

Our wedding would not have been the same without Holly and A Charleston Event. Holly took what I was dreaming in my head and made it a reality. Not only does she listen to what you really want she made that happen with even a budget and from hundred of miles away. Although I lived in ohio planning a Charleston wedding I trusted her opinion every step of the way. At the end, she wasn’t just my wedding planner she was and still is a dear friend. Anyone who’s getting married in the Charleston area, I would HIGHLY recommend Holly and A Charleston Event!

Jacqueline · Married on 04/29/2017

We loved Holly! Lots of our guests said that our vows were so unique and heartfelt! I would recommend her to anyone!

Anaise · Married on 04/14/2017

Holly was lovely throughout my planning process. She was understanding and flexible when things didn't go as planned on our wedding day, but everything turned out great and we couldn't have asked for a better officiant.

Leah · Married on 04/08/2017

Holly is fantastic! Simply a wonderful job! We loved her.

Caitlin · Married on 01/31/2017

Holly was such a pleasure to work with! She responds quickly and was very flexible in order to meet our needs. Very very sweet and will definitely recommend her!

Samantha · Married on 11/19/2016

She was very efficient and timely. She was very organized and ensured that both the bride and the group had everything they needed the day of the wedding, as well as the bridal party. Everything went perfect!

Matthew · Married on 11/12/2016

Holly simpson was on point with the planning and execution of the wedding details. With the men she made sure they were ready and didn't take any BS as some of us tried to push the boundaries. With the ladies she was thoughtful throughout the planning and made sure it was a day to remember for Lynette. I would strongly recommend her services for anyone looking to plan the perfect wedding.

Nicole · Married on 09/25/2016

Holly Simpson was simply amazing to work with. She genuinely cares about your wedding day as if it were her own, and she does a great job at personalizing your ceremony to be what the bride and groom want. She gently, professionally and gracefully led us through our vows in a way that made us feel so intimate and that each and every word is a treasure. I hadn't met Holly until our day before rehearsal and I felt like I had known her for years once we finally did meet. She made the planning of a destination wedding ceremony a breeze and I would recommend her to every single bride I know. Thank you Holly for helping make our wedding day so incredibly special and intimate for us!!!!

Bea · Married on 09/17/2016

Holly was the perfect officiant. She took care of things that I never thought of. She was professional and cared every step of the way while making it unique and special for us all while somehow putting us at ease. Our ceremony was genuine and absolutely everything I dreamed of all thanks to her. All the guests were raving about how amazing Holly was too! I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone!!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/20/2016

My husband and I decided to get married, literally at the last minute. (2-3 months before) We wanted an elopement style wedding but with a big wedding feel. I had reached out to at least 20 people looking for help and/or guidance and was continuously turned away. Then, I stumbled upon Holly! I called right away and received excellent customer service from our first conversation. Holly is so kind and always goes above and beyond to make sure that everything is scheduled, taken care of and perfect for your special day. (She even kindly helped calm my nervous and stressed self minutes before the ceremony) She took our small wedding and turned it into more than I had ever dreamed of! She worked great with our smaller budget and always replied right away when I had a question. I honestly would recommend her to everyone looking. If you are looking for the best? Holly is your girl!

Kelly · Married on 07/30/2016

We found Holly at a wedding convention. We automatically liked her personality and thought she was very knowledgeable. We initially booked her as our officiant and she helped us figure out our ceremony details. 2 weeks prior to our wedding day we realized that we were becoming over our heads with wedding details. Holly was able to step in as our day of coordinator and helped us out greatly. Holly did an amazing job with coordinating with our vendors and bringing together all of my wedding details on the day of the wedding. She exceeded my expectations and was 100% worth the money. We were able to be stress free on the wedding day and would definitely recommend her!

Lacy · Married on 04/24/2016

Holly is my favorite wedding planner in town!!! I have worked with her on numerous events over my 11 years in Charleston and she is amazing! She has a talent for planning weddings and she loves what she does so it makes it so easy to work with her. I would highly recommend Holly as your wedding planner! You will have a worry and stress free process with her as your planner.

Allison · Married on 04/08/2016

With Holly helping us, I had nothing to worry about. She had so many great ideas and took care of things I would never had thought of. We were all able to relax knowing she was in charge! A wedding planner is one of the most important vendors you will not regret having! She truly helped us enjoy the beautiful day.

Blair · Married on 03/26/2016

A big thank you to Holly Simpson for you expertise and making our wedding ceremony and wedding day so special. She was so flexible to work with, offered amazing suggestions to help with the flow of our day, and extremely easy to communicate with throughout the planning process. I would definitely recommend all of A Charleston Event's services for your wedding day!

Brooke · Married on 03/19/2016

Holly was the best investment I could have made for my wedding. The second I got off the phone from our first conversation my stress melted away! She anticipated so many needs and details I would never have thought of. I can't imagine having a better planner!

Holly was amazing! We had a small wedding with only immediate family and she made sure it was special and memorable to everyone involved!

Sent on 02/13/2016

A Charleston Event's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and trusting me with your wedding day! I wish you both the very best in love and life!

Holly helped make our wedding the most amazing ever! She is not only organized but has wonderful ideas. She' spends time getting to know the bride and understanding her vision for the wedding. , after that, she works extremely hard to bring all the pieces together it is perfect She is outstanding!