A Bride's DJ & Uplighting Reviews

174 | Cleveland, OH

174 Reviews for A Bride's DJ & Uplighting

Laura Mcmahon · Married on 08/03/2019

Great experience!

A Bride's DJ was amazing! We had Matt as our dj and he did a phenomenal job! We did some last minute changes (even some five minutes before hand) and Matt was nothing but calm and willing to accomondate. Everyone had a great time and made multiple comments about how great the music was and how much fun they were having. We highly recommend their services!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Kristen Meenan · Married on 07/20/2019

James Fruits was wonderful!!

We had the pleasure of working with James Fruits from A Bride's DJ for our wedding day on 7/20/19. First off, the owners of this company are wonderful. I spoke with Diana on the phone initially, and she was very enthusiastic and excited to help make our DJ experience exactly what we wanted. We chose James Fruits, who was recommended to us by another bride. Where to even begin! James was incredible. From the first consultation to our wedding day, he really made us feel special, and made us feel that our wedding was special to him. He was so attentive and very approachable throughout the entire process. He ensures he has every detail down to a tee so that the wedding day runs smoothly. It was extremely hot on our wedding day, and he was so flexible as to the location of the ceremony, along with other details that were adjusted throughout the day. He was so energetic at the reception, and interacted so well with the crowd. During dinner he sang live music, and played the piano and guitar which the guests loved! He is talented in so many ways! We loved working with him and would highly recommend for any wedding or large event!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Keith

Keith Witkowski · Married on 06/21/2019

So good!

My wife and I were VERY lucky to have James Fruits at 'A Bride's DJ' perform at our wedding. He was a 'jack of all trades' - officiated, played live music (excellent singer), DJ'd / managed our timeline. James put us at ease every time we touched base leading up to our wedding. He was personable, fun, and engaged our guests on the dance floor the entire night. He helped bring all of our wedding elements together seamlessly.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 04/28/2019

We danced the night away!

Hire Robby! We were so nervous hiring a DJ that we had never heard in real life but Robby was everything we wanted and more! Robby took the time to have a 2 hour phone call with me on the week of our wedding to make sure he got every detail right. He even listened to songs with me to help figure out intros and transitions. On the day of our wedding he showed up early and never missed a cue! He kept our guests (a variety of ages) dancing all night long and even had a few surprises up his sleeve that made the night so much fun (I forgot conga lines existed). Their Spotify playlists were awesome and so helpful for wedding planning and their website contained a ton of great information and helpful hints. Can't recommend A Brides DJ enough!

Sent on 06/04/2019

lauren bodziony · Married on 03/09/2019

James Fruits = Awesome

We had James Fruits as our DJ and he was absolutely awesome! He went above and beyond for us to make the day stress free and an absolute blast. He allowed us to have a hand in customizing our night and provided great suggestions in the detailed meetings up to the day. He was flexible on our wedding day and did a great job running the show. We gave him 40+ songs and he made the dance floor a party all night! He's outgoing, kind, and a great singer/guitarist. On top of all of that he did everything for us while his wife was starting chemo treatments. He reassured us by having a thorough backup plan if he couldn't make it work, and were able to meet and talk with Tim (the backup DJ) who was also present at the wedding. We couldn't recommend him enough for any DJ needs!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Kelly Schmitz · Married on 02/09/2019

Best. Dj. Ever.

I would reccomend this company 100 times over to anyone! We used DJ James for our February wedding and people are still talking to us about how fantastic the music was all night. James worked with us to play what we wanted to hear, and also songs we forgot we loved. Our entire dance floor was packed to the brim all evening. Such a wonderful company to work with- highly highly recommend them!! We also used them for uplights and they were great and easy to work with as well.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Grayson · Married on 11/17/2018

I was told by so many that the music selection was impressive!

A Bride's DJ did an amazing job narrating our evening with both music and commentary. We are so pleased with the experience that we had on our wedding day. Music mans to much to us and several people also made comments on the selection and picks that the DJ (Jeff) selected.
    Communication and expectations were clear from the beginning and we didn't look back. If you want a reasonably priced DJ and great music- go A Bride's DJ in the Asheville area.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 11/02/2018

Like a dream come true!

DJ James Fruits was awesome! He let us call all the shots and did a great job and making sure everything went the way we wanted it too. He let me pick all the music for the dancing and his live singing during dinner was amazing!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Lee · Married on 10/26/2018

DJ James Fruits made our wedding rock!

DJ James Fruits is the BEST DJ! He was very professional and attentive from the very beginning. He kept our dance floor packed all night and made sure the entire event was fun. He spent more than an hour on the phone with us going over all the details a few weeks before the event. He took the time to understand our audience and the vibe we wanted so he could fit the music to our event. We gave him an extensive list of songs, mostly as suggestions to give him a sense of our taste in music. He went above and beyond and not only played our must plays but fit in most of our suggested songs/artists! We had personalized requests for our special dances and he edited songs together to make it fit our dance routine. His attention to detail and desire to fit the music to our guests' preferences made the wedding a huge party. James was also very courteous during the event and tripled checked to make sure everyone's names were said correctly. He was great at balancing the DJ and emcee duties, it never felt like he took over the event but he totally kept the energy up. The setup was great and all sounded perfect. Our wedding ceremony and reception was spot on, largely due to the great music, personal care, and attention to detail, and quality audio setup. We highly recommend A Bride's DJ especially DJ James Fruits!

Sent on 03/18/2019

heather · Married on 09/01/2018

DJ MJ was AMAZING! He kept the dance floor busy he whole night!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

I couldn’t be more thrilled with A Bride’s DJ! Robby absolutely made our wedding (in my biased opinion) the most fun wedding I’ve ever attended. Our group was very small (34 including us), but felt larger than life. We had some unusual requests that were accommodated seamlessly. Robby was outstanding at reading the room and playing music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night. He had phenomenal attention to detail and overall was one of the largest contributing factors in giving us the most fun wedding ever!
    We had a mostly older crowd at our wedding, with the average guest being in the 35-45 range, so we weren’t interested in a lot of the more contemporary music, but classic rock can be a little challenging for a dance floor. Robby did a phenomenal job of combining our love of the less-danceable music with songs that would cater to everyone without getting overly contemporary (I don’t even know who Cardi B is). Everyone has been talking about how fun our wedding was since we left the venue.
    A Bride’s DJ is reasonably priced and worth every dime (and so much more). I would even go so far as to classify as priceless. We couldn’t be any happier than we are and we highly recommend Robby for any event you may have. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 07/07/2018

Eddy was our DJ and I have nothing bad to say. He was on top of everything! Eddy was professional and personable. He even caught a mistake that I made in the schedule I gave him and was flexible enough to move things around without blinking an eye. Just truly amazing. I could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

We had DJ Danny from A Bride's DJ and he hit the ball out of the park! We met with him before our wedding day to go through all the details and he was so helpful in streamlining our timeline and making suggestions for songs at various parts of the evening. He executed perfectly! He played all of our requested songs while still keeping all of our guests on the dance floor (even when it started raining!!). It was the most perfect day! Thank you DJ Danny and the team at A Bride's DJ!!! : )

Sent on 06/30/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2018

Robby was awesome! From our first phone call through the entire process he was responsive and fun. Not only does he have a sense of humor which keeps the planning fun but he is adaptable to change. When our ceremony piano player backed out at the last minute Robby was ready to jump in without missing a beat. Our guest list included a wide range of ages and musical tastes and Robby was able to play to the crowd; we received many compliments on the night and how enjoyable it was. He brought our eclectic musical tastes to life in a way that is more than we could've asked for.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2018

We utilized DJ Dave and he was great! We held our ceremony at the venue two hours before the cocktail hour, while he played the music for and provided a microphone for the officiant. We utilized them for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing music as well. Dave was more than willing to play all of our songs. When the bride and groom asked for a song he would play it next. We would recommend DJ Dave for a Bride’s DJ!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2018

A Bride's DJ is amazing! What a fantastic team. Both Diana and Robby communicated with us clearly and honestly from the very beginning. We ended up having to switch our DJ from the one we were originally assigned and Robby called us right away to let us know about the situation and was so kind and professional. And to be honest, the switch in our DJ was the BEST blessing in disguise!! DJ Lucas was AMAZING!!! He was exactly what we wanted in a DJ. He kept us and our guests on the dance floor all night. We had so many people say how wonderful he was and what a great time they had because of him. He was professional, fun and an overall great part of our wedding. Lucas really took the time to get to know us and the music style we wanted and kept to it perfectly. We would highly recommend A Bride's DJ and DJ Lucas Joy!!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Nikole · Married on 05/19/2018

From start to finish, working with Diana and A Bride’s DJ was a breeze!
    The DJ was extremely important to my husband and after interviewing several DJ’s and speaking with Diana, we knew that we wanted to work with this company. Transparent pricing and great customer service are what we instantly received and Diana was always willing to answer questions as they arose.
    I wanted a mashup dance with my dad and another DJ told me that providing this service would require studio time and a sound engineer. When I informed Diana of my request, she put me in touch with another DJ and he created my first dance at no charge. He even made a last minute adjustment the week before my wedding.
    DJ Danny was AMAZING. He cared about getting to know my husband and I, understanding our backstory and how to correctly pronounce the names of our family members. The Monday before our wedding, we went over the reception timeline and he ensured us that he would try our best to keep us on schedule. He has a background in the music industry and he really cared about the needs of my husband and I on the best day of our lives.
    When the reception rolled around, DJ Danny made sure he found us 15 minutes before any major event (cake cutting, first dance) to give us ample time to be ready. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night and played every song that we wanted to hear.
    I would highly recommend this company. They cared about our wedding day and went above and beyond to make it the best reception ever!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Kelsey · Married on 04/28/2018

Diana was so helpful and made us feel at ease hiring her team for our wedding. She went above and beyond answering all my questions, no matter how little and probably annoying. Jeff our DJ was OUTSTANDING. We could not have lucked out with anyone better. He had all the guests on the dance floor all night and accommodated all of our last minute requests. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 02/09/2018

James Fruits was amazing! I would recommend him to everyone! We also used uplighting and a photo booth services, and they were great! Communication with the team was so easy

Sent on 03/13/2018

Kelsey · Married on 12/02/2017

Robby was our DJ for our wedding on 12/2/17. He was amazing. Everyone was so easy to communicate with from the moment we booked up until the wedding day. We spoke with him the week prior and explained exactly what we were looking for when it came to the type of music as well as the atmosphere on the dance floor. He was amazing! Our dance floor was full and everyone was loving the diversity in the music. We could not of asked for a better turnout. We also had dance floor props and those were a huge hit!! We are extremely thankful for how everything turned out and everyone is still talking about the music!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Melanie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had the best experience working with A Bride's DJ throughout the process and DJ James Fruits was fantastic! The company really worked with us to find a DJ that matched our style and services needed. Any inquires I had would be responded to promptly, usually within the same day. They have great tools & guides that help explain what to think about for the day of and help plan the perfect event. Prices were a bit higher than other companies I looked into but well worth every single penny. DJ James was so easy to work with and helped us come up with the perfect plan for our wedding day. He gave great recommendations and listened to all our requests, party went on all night! He MC'd our ceremony & reception flawlessly and also played acoustic guitar during dinner which was a huge hit and really made for a special moment. Great experience, would recommend to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 11/12/2017

lacetta · Married on 10/07/2017

I enjoyed the experience I had with a brides dj. They were great!! Jason was my dj so friendly. Was able to talk with him and plan out the reception. Very fun and interactive dj. I would recommend them.

Sent on 11/01/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

Our experience with A Brides DJ and Lucas was incredible. From the beginning they were extremely detailed and a pleasure to work with. They made sure we were getting exactly what we wanted with entertainment. When we met Lucas, we knew immediately he was a perfect fit. He was very professional and a BLAST to work with. We spoke for months leading up to the big day and he did not disappoint. Everyone was talking about him the next day and the dance-floor was filled the whole night! I would highly recommend Lucas and A Bride's DJ!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Dina Coggeshall · Married on 09/29/2017

James Fruits Made Our Day!!!

I’m very tardy in writing this well overdue review – My husband and I were married in September 2017, but it still feels like yesterday thanks to James! We could not have worked with a nicer man then James Fruits! He is a vibrant host, positive person, and such a pleasure to correspond with. He was so patient with all of our requests and met with us multiple times before our wedding to really get to know us. He sincerely knows how to read a room and gauge how a crowd is reacting – I spoke with other DJ companies before contacting A Bride’s DJ and their main goal was to “get the crowd hyped” and “pack our dance floor” no matter what. We had an invite list that we did not know would be such a dancing crowd, and James was very sensitive to our concerns. He was willing to customize the evening and pay attention, rather than bumping cheesy music all night. My husband and I are musicians and James was very attentive to how important music is to us, respecting our “play and do not play” lists and consistently sticking with the feeling we were hoping for throughout cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He kept the evening moving very well, coordinated seamlessly with our caterer and other vendors, and maintained a well-mixed sound throughout the evening. Additionally, James went SO far above and beyond for us planning some special surprises! My cousin and Matron of Honor contacted him and he planned with her for a flash mob to occur during our reception! He hired vocalists and musicians (including a horn section) to start the song “All You Need Is Love” right after the speeches (yes, just like in the movie Love Actually) and my husband and I could not have been more surprised! James himself is an excellent musician and led the song, even integrating people from our wedding party with musical talent! I still am not sure how he coordinated all of this without us knowing, but it was incredible! James also brought extra equipment, had a separate setup, and coordinated a day-before sound check with me and one of our groomsmen to give my husband a surprise of his very own. My Mom sang to my Dad at their wedding, and I’ve always wanted to do the same. I sang and our guitarist groomsman played “Marry Me” by Train (a very special song to us) from a balcony to my husband at the end of our cocktail hour. It made for such a dramatic and sweet moment and it was all because of James’ willingness to keep a secret and put in some extra hard work! He truly made the day more personal than we could have ever expected and we are SO grateful! We got matched up with him after calling A Bride’s DJ and telling them lots about us and our wedding plans. The company then matched us with a couple specific DJ’s they thought could fit our needs and let us view their online profiles. Then, we got to choose who we wanted to work with – And we’re so glad we met James! We’d highly recommend A Bride’s DJ’s process and James specifically without any hesitation!

Sent on 05/09/2019