A Beat Above Entertainment, LLC Reviews

57 | Portland, OR

57 Reviews for A Beat Above Entertainment, LLC

Kayla · Married on 10/15/2016

Guy was our DJ for our wedding on October 15, 2016 at the Red Lion Hotel. He did such an amazing job!!! He played all of the right songs at the right time and also did an amazing job of announcing what was coming up next and kept everything very organized! Guy is very outgoing and will definitely keep your party going! A DJ can make or break your wedding and Guy definitely made our wedding an amazing time for everyone! Everyone loved the photo booth and it was busy the entire night! For our next big event we will defiantly be asking Guy to DJ again! I highly recommend Guy for any event!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Timaree · Married on 09/10/2016

We met with Guy based completely off reviews and we are so very glad we did. He was perfect! His pricing was affordable and worth every penny. He was extremely friendly, quick to respond and made the day run so smoothly. He was completely prepared for anything that might be needed such as microphones (ours was not working the day of) and the photo booth was a huge plus. Some of my favorite photos are from the booth! Without a doubt A Beat Above is the DJ to go with, you will be so pleased and happy you did.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Caroline · Married on 07/03/2016

Guy did an amazing job the day of our wedding! He was very personable and easy to work with both before and during the wedding. He kept things running smoothly all night and our guests had a great time on the dance floor. It was our favorite part of the reception! He did a great job mixing our guests song requests with the songs/genres we'd provided him before the wedding. The photo booth was also a blast. We considered another DJ who did not provide a photo booth but I'm so glad that was part of our reception. I just can't say enough great things about Guy!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Guy did an amazing job at our wedding! All of our guests have told us that this was one of the most fun weddings they've been to and we can attribute that to Guy. First of all, the photo booth was a hit with everyone (although we had to provide our own props which was fine). Second of all, the music was great. We told Guy what kind of vibe we wanted for the evening and let him select the songs. We had light jazz during dinner and he had it at the perfect volume (many guests commented how great it was to be able to hear each other and talk during dinner), then transitioned to some oldies to get people on the dance floor, then went to full blown dance party the rest of the night. Again, our guests all said they had a great time. Third, he did a great job emceeing the reception. He worked well with our coordinator and went through our timeline exactly how we asked him to. He also was great to work with in the planning stages. My husband and I were planning from across the country and it was so easy to work with Guy. All in all, we would 100% recommend Guy for a wedding or any other large party. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Guy Maurizio with A Beat Above Entertainment did an amazing job as our wedding DJ. He stayed flexible with the schedule and responded well to the energy of the guests. The photo booth was so much fun! We will definitely use A Beat Above Entertainment for all our events in the future.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Guy is great, easy to work with, quick to respond to emails and affordable. The photo booth was such a hit with our guests and Guy played the perfect music to get people dancing. Guy is also booked for my sister-in-law's wedding, that's how much we loved him! You won't regret going with A Beat Above Entertainment!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Evan · Married on 05/09/2015

Guy from A Beat Above Entertainment was fantastic! Able to give him a large list of songs to be played and he played it well while filling in the gaps with music similar to songs on that list. Friendly, professional and provides a great service for a reasonable fee. Recommend to any of you looking for a DJ especially if you would like to mix in some of your own favorite songs. Thanks again, Guy!

Sent on 06/27/2015
  • Tai

Tai · Married on 08/16/2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Guy at A Beat Above Entertainment during our wedding in August. He is the absolute best! He was the DJ at our friend's wedding the summer before and after spending pretty much all night on the dance floor or in the photo booth thanks to him, we knew we had to book him for our own wedding! His prices for services are really amazing too! Definitely book the photo booth…it's worth it!
    Guy took the time to meet with us in person to discuss the style and the flow of both our ceremony and reception, and was extremely accommodating about the potential trickiness of our venue (needing a sound system in 3 places, putting a photo booth inside). Guy was the consummate professional throughout the entire process, answering all of our questions and emails in a timely manner and helping us pick a great variety of music that all of our guests would enjoy. He provided a great wedding/song planner to help us organize the ceremony and other events with the songs we wanted. The sound quality and management of our songs, especially during the ceremony, were wonderful! He was a great DJ and emcee and his photo booth stole the show! Our dance floor was full the entire night thanks to Guy…he even accommodated my grandmother's request for a polka song! (He didn't have one off hand but was able to play a perfect song for the Polish bridal dance she had us do) We had a blast working with Guy and recommend him highly to all of our friends.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Denise · Married on 08/15/2014

You did an amazing job keeping the party going and the photobooth was a huge hit!!! You Rocked It!!!!!

Matthew & Denise Shaver

Sent on 08/17/2014

Daniela · Married on 08/09/2014

Guy did an amazing job at our wedding! He was extremely professional and kept the party going!!

We would hire him again in a second - thank you Guy for making our day special and PERFECT!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2014

I am beyond happy with my decision to have a DJ and go with A Beat Above Entertainment.

Guy was such a pleasure to work with. He is professional, affordable, personable and was always quick to reply to any of my questions. His worksheet was very helpful in determining what music to play (who knew you needed a cake cutting song?!) throughout the celebration and was a BIG help to me because it kept my stress levels to a minimum. Guy showed up early to set up and was flexible with us having to delay our ceremony and not have a specific timeline to follow. He kept things on track and he kept our guests dancing all night long. I feel like he really listed to our ideas and understood what we wanted.

One thing that I was super excited about was that there is a photo booth included with with the dj package. Our guests had so much fun with the photo booth. We brought a trunk of props and there was much silliness throughout the night. The pictures are be displayed on-line plus you have the option of purchasing a disk of all the images. It was a HUGE hit!

I can't speak highly enough of Guy and his services. I look forward to being able to host another large get together so that I can have Guy back to keep the party rockin'! I highly recommend A Beat Above Entertainment to anyone who is looking for a celebration that won't be forgotten.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Angela · Married on 07/26/2014

Guy from A Beat Above Entertainment was the perfect DJ and lighting guy for our wedding. From the start, he was extrmely personable and very easy to reach; whenever we contacted him he would reply immediately. Guy was very flexible with our ever-changing and last-minute plans, and did a great job as emcee. He was very professional, from his attire to his reliability to his hosting skills. Guy showed up a few hours before our event to set up and ensure everything ran smoothly. He met with us numerous times to go over details such as lighting palettes and song list specifics. We found Guy's pricing to be very competitive and his event packages to be a great way to bundle our needs in one vendor. He was very detailed and thorough and I cant say enough on how great he was! He really made our event run smoothly and kept people dancing until our venue cut us off!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Guy is amazing, very polite, very fun, and totally professional.
    I planned my entire wedding myself. From the photographer to the cake, I made all decisions and my husband and I saved for an entire year, and paid for everything ourselves. When I suggest to my, now, husband that we get a DJ he was not on board - he didn't want to pay for someone to pick music. He though that was something we could do - just make a playlist and let it roll. I disagreed. And I was right (as most wives are!) We chose A Beat Above Entertainment because Guy was willing to adjust his package to only 4 hours, lower the price for us - and still included the photo booth.

Guy showed up, set up, talked with my day of coordinator, agreed to play absolutely no LMFAO, and was able to read the mood of the room. We didn't give him much as far as what we wanted played, and he was able to discover that our crowed loved the 80's.

At no point was the dance floor empty. And the wedding was on a Sunday night. Guy knew exactly what to play and when to play it. We had Footloose and Mumford and Sons and Beyonce - not a mix I would've chosen, but it worked and out guests loved it.

And they loved the photo booth. There was a constant flow of people in line to cheese it up in front of the camera - it was the best.

Guy and his photo booth were easily the best investment of our wedding. If I ever host a party again, he's the guy to contact!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Guy was absolutely amazing from the beginning. He was responsive, professional, super nice, and flexible with us as some last minute things came up. The day of went off beautifully thanks to his MCing. We felt like he really got the feel we were going for and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. The photobooth was also a huge hit. I can't speak highly enough of Guy and his services.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Evan · Married on 07/19/2014

Guy did an amazing job for our wedding! We were so happy with his services and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Such a phenomenal experience with Guy. Very flexible, and go with the flow. We had very few requests, and he even let our son pick out some music. So happy.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

This DJ was the only person who responded with a positive response when I asked for a small, intimate set up for 40 guests with provided sounds system! It was perfect! He was EARLY, not just on time! Phenomenal job! The dance was almost more of a karaoke party at times, which was all the more fun!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Emily · Married on 08/25/2013

We are so happy that we chose A Beat Above Entertainment for our DJ & photobooth at our wedding!! Guy Maurizio @ A Beat Above did a wonderful job assisting us with any questions we had through the planning process and he played a great selection of music to keep everyone on the dance floor! Very reliable, friendly and professional! I would highly recommend A Beat Above Entertainment to any future couples searching for a DJ.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2013

My wedding was a HIT thanks to Guy, his music and his photo booth!! I got so many compliments on my music and our photo booth, our guest had a great time! Guy was so friendly and just all around AWESOME!

I have already recommended him to several people I know with up coming weddings! Can't wait to have another big party and hire him again!

Sent on 09/28/2013
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 08/10/2013

Guy made our wedding the most amazing day of our lives!! From his selection of music (we only gave a few must plays, and he kept the dance floor packed for the remainder of the night), to the last minute music our performers needed for the authentic Samoan Dancing during dinner, he blew us away! He's so easy to work with, affordable and really makes your event a night to remember. The photo booth was a hit! I think it was packed the majority of the night as well! We still have people telling us our wedding was the best wedding they've been to, and A Beat Above should be the ones to thank for that!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Sam · Married on 07/27/2013

We would hire guy again in a second.

-He was professional and friendly through our whole experience.

-He kept the focus of our event on us and did everything we asked.

-He was prepared to work independently knows how to make a successful event.

-He kept everybody dancing all night.

-The photo booth was a huge hit and he took advantage of unique features of the event space.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Shelby · Married on 07/13/2013

During our wedding planning we heard many stories from friends and family about DJs. Stories about them loosing the first dance song, not playing the music requested, being difficult to work with, etc. Music is very important to us so we read through a lot of reviews (just like this one) to find a DJ. We were lucky enough to find Guy at A Beat Above Enterainment. From day 1 he was extremely professional, detailed and attentive. We had specific requests around the music, karoake and set-up (2 floors). He met all requests and did an awesome job keeping everything on time. He played excellent music based on the genres we gave him and karoake was an absolute BLAST. Our guests are still talking about it and said it was one of the best weddings they've ever been too. We couldn't have been happier with the services. Thank you Guy!!!!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Tara · Married on 03/30/2013

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, or any event for that matter, Guy, at A Beat Above Entertainment should be your choice. Everything about his systems, service and professionalism is nothing less than excellent. He is extremely responsive to all your questions leading up to the wedding, offers ideas to help with your planning and will customize to accommodate your special needs/requests.

And the Photo Booth Piece..... Don't do your wedding/event without this. No matter how great your photographer may be they can not be in every place at once. The photo booth (we added props, hats, sunglasses, etc) allows you to capture your guests in great/fun shots.

Sent on 04/02/2013

April · Married on 08/19/2012

My husband and I were THRILLED with A Beat Above Entertainment's service. We got married on 8/19/2012 at Abernethy Center. Guy was fun, professional, hardworking and kept the events of the night flowing. He is an AMAZING DJ who also provides a photobooth - which all the guests LOVED. I would recommend A Beat Above Entertainment to EVERYONE. Thank you making our day wonderful!

Many Thanks,
    April, Joel & Drew

Sent on 09/22/2012

Sofie · Married on 08/11/2012

Guy was a fantastic DJ. We didn't have a lot of "dancing" types at our wedding and he got people out on the dance floor. He played the exact type of music we love and kept the party going. During the ceremony the music was flawless and so beautiful. I highly recommend him and will use him in the future.

Sent on 08/28/2012