A Barn Reviews

A Barn View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Veronica L. Married on 08/14/2021

Amazing!!!

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.
    I can’t say enough good things about A Barn. Robin was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout our wedding planning, covid postponement and then wedding planning again. Having her and Mark by our side relieved so much stress! They handled any and all little hiccups during our wedding, to the point where my new husband and I didn’t even know about them. They are true professionals and are worth the investment themselves. Our day would not have been the same without them! They have come to feel like family.

The venue itself is beautiful, immaculately maintained and photographs so well! The barn, back patio, yard and bridal room exceeded my expectations and I am so grateful to have been able to begin our marriage at such a wonderful place.

A true dream come true.

A Barn's reply:

You are so sweet, thank you! We enjoyed working with you and your families. Enjoy each other, Robin
  • Amanda
    Amanda M. Married on 03/08/2021

Beautiful barn, amazing owner/DOC, highly recommend!

Not only are the grounds beautiful, but Robin is so very flexible and helpful, especially during this pandemic and the changing of our plans. She offers to help in any way she can, and understands that the big day is a once in a lifetime event, and helps make your dreams come true. I cannot imagine getting married anywhere else!

A Barn's reply:

Thank you so much, we are so happy to have you on our calendar for 2021! It is bound to be a wonderful celebration.
    Amanda Married on 10/05/2019

Fantastic wedding venue!

We got married here in October of 2019. This venue came recommended to us and were definitely glad we chose this place! Robin was so wonderful to work with and then venue was absolutely gorgeous. Robin was able to answer any questions we had almost immediately. She made everything so easy for us, especially because we were planning a wedding from another state. When the big day came, it couldn’t have gone any smoother. It was perfect. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking to get married or have any kind of party. Fantastic!

A Barn's reply:

Amanda, Thank you so much! Its couples like you make what we do so enjoyable. All the best, Robin
    Christine C. Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Venue

We had our daughter’s wedding at A Barn in September 2019. As soon as we toured the venue and met the owners, we knew it was the perfect place. Our guest still talk about how beautiful the barn, stone patio, and outside grounds were. It was truly a magical summer evening that we will always remember!

A Barn's reply:

Thank you so much Christine. We still look at pictures from their wedding day and say what a beautiful day it was as well.
    Alyssa Married on 10/27/2018

Above and Beyond!

We couldn't be happier with our experience at A Barn. Robin and Marc were incredibly helpful and kind throughout the entire wedding planning process and went above and beyond the day of our wedding. There was a Nor Easter the day of our (supposed to be outdoor) wedding, but Robin and Marc were able to move everything indoors. Not only were they accommodating, but they helped the whole event run smoothly without any stress to my husband or I. At first I was saddened we would not be able to do the event outdoors but Robin was able to make the barn and tent look so absolutely STUNNING the storm felt like a blessing in disguise! Our guests are still talking about how wonderful they were, how cool the setting was and how special and amazing the day was.

A Barn's reply:

Thank you Alyssa, We loved working with you and your family! It was a beautiful celebration regardless of the weather! Enjoy, Robin
    Emily Married on 10/21/2018

Gorgeous Venue, Fantastic Coordination, Excellent Value

I can't begin to express how happy we were to have chosen A Barn for our wedding venue!! Robin and Mark were absolutely incredible to work with. I was pretty overwhelmed by how much work it is to plan a wedding, but Robin truly made everything so easy. She has so much experience, is tremendously organized, and a great communicator; she helped us think through everything we needed well in advance of the day, and made us feel so calm and relaxed and worry-free about how the day would play out. Truly, her coordinating skills alone are worth the five star rating - but let's not forget how absolutely gorgeous the barn and property are! The barn has that beautiful rustic charm (and already comes with lovely decorations, with dried flowers on the walls and beautiful lights and white drapes around the gorgeous iron wagon wheel chandeliers - we had very little additional decorating to do on our own!). At the same time, it has all the modern amenities that make the event go more smoothly - the bathrooms are actual bathrooms (many barn venues make you rent portopotties), they have a beautiful and brand new kitchen prep space and catering serving nook, along with a separate bartending nook, which means fewer rentals and an even easier time for your vendors. They also offer propane heaters for inside the barn, which was a lifesaver for us on our cold and windy October wedding day! The pond was a beautiful space for the ceremony, and Robin had so many tricks up her sleeve to help us figure out how to decorate that space as well. The venue also comes with adorable wooden benches for the outdoor ceremony space, and tables/chairs for the interior of the barn. I honestly wish I could give this venue ten stars because they are so worth the value in every possible way. You can tell that Robin and Mark love what they do, and care deeply about making your wedding the most fantastic day. Ours absolutely was!

A Barn's reply:

Emily, Wow! Thank you for such kind words. We had so much fun working with you and your family. We wish you all the very best, Robin
    Jenn A. Married on 10/14/2018

Wedding October 2019

Our day was absolutely perfect and we are very thankful for Mark and Robin who helped make it that way! They were awesome people to work with! Going above and beyond to make our day extra special!

We definitely would use the venue again for other parties, reunions, etc!

A Barn's reply:

Jenn and Mike, You guys are GREAT! I hope you are enjoying married life in the same way you enjoyed your wedding day, full of fun and laughs! Robin
    Alicia Married on 08/18/2018
    From the moment I walked into the barn, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. Then, I met both Robin and Mark and they are such amazing people! We had a few very very minor hiccups but I was so not worried about any of it because Robin handled it all like a true professional. I walked out of the barn at the end of my wedding day telling Ronin that I was going to be back! I'm for sure going to throw any party I will have in the future at A Barn. They really made my special day one that I will never ever forget. Thank you Robin and Mark! We will see you soon!

A Barn's reply:

Alicia, You are a joy! Yes, please find a reason to come back, we love hosting our couples for other kinds of celebrations. Enjoy each other, Robin
    Kendra Married on 06/02/2018
    I cannot speak highly enough of Robin and Mark at A-Barn. Robin was so organized and helpful in the months leading up to the wedding, and suggested tons of tips and tricks that only come from experience. As our day of coordinator Robin offered skilled direction, seamless transitions, and kept constant communication about the flow with my Maid of Honor the entire day while Mark worked behind the scenes to tackle all of the crucial tasks like opening the barn doors and maintaining the fire pits. They are sincerely wonderful people that made us feel completely at home throughout the entire process.

The barn itself is quintessential Maine, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. Easy to find and plenty of parking for guests. A new stone patio was finished just in time for our wedding in June and was a pristine space for guests to relax. They have a large yard complete with a scenic pond which was perfect for yard games and letting the kids in attendance run around. And the bridal suite was a homey hideaway for both pre-ceremony and to sneak away from the hectic reception. A great selection of yard games and rustic decor are also included with the space, which saved us a lot in rentals.

I would highly recommend A Barn for any occasion!

A Barn's reply:

Kendra, Thanks so much for this wonderful review, the pictures are great! Working with couples like you is what makes our job easy. Take care of each other, Robin
    Monique Married on 04/23/2017
    The venue itself is STUNNING!!! Mark and Robin did a fabulous job at restoring the barn. It made decorating for me, so much easier!! Working with Robin and Mark via email, phone calls etc. from North Carolina was easier then ever thought possible. The property allows guests of all ages and abilities to join the occasion. There are options for the ceremony location, a bridal suit on site, and rooms for kids to run and play. The yard games added to the nature/rustic/outdoor wedding we wanted! Robin and Mark were on top of everything the day of our wedding and ensured everything came together perfectly! I can't say enough about then and A Barn!!!
    Emily Married on 08/25/2018
    Every bride hopes for the perfect wedding day, but let's be realistic here. I am an organizer, so naturally I had my wedding notebook etc. I had all my ducks in a row. On the wedding day there were several things that didn't go according to plan. However, my groom and I were determined for it not to ruin our good time. Robin and her husband Mark were fantastic! To setting up centerpieces and rentals, to improvising boutonnieres (apparently I miscounted how many I needed), to driving to our hotel because we forgot our marriage license! Robin and Mark went well beyond what was expected of them and I can't thank them enough for everything they did to help keep things running smoothly. Their prices are reasonable and they've added the new patio which looks great in the back of the barn. I'm more than happy to answer any questions that future brides might have about our wedding experience.

A Barn's reply:

Emily and Dan, Thank You! things don't always go as planned but we certainly do try to make things run smoothly. So happy to have had you choose A BARN for your special occasion. Robin