8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service Reviews

1 User photo

8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service 1
  • Olivia Grace

Olivia · Married on 06/23/2018

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled by Dave and Luke and 3rd Street entertainment as our DJ for our wedding. They were professional, timely in their communication, and fantastic to work with on the day of. After we contacted Dave and chose him as our DJ, the process from there was very simple. He sent us a packet via email for us to fill out regarding our music preferences, timeline for the day of, etc.. Took about 20 minutes to fill out in its entirety. What we really loved about working with Dave was how hands off it was from there. We told him what songs were must plays, what songs should not be played, and sent him our wedding timeline, and really let him handle the rest. The day of, Luke (who was our actual DJ and MC for the ceremony) arrived nice and early, introduced himself, and had everything set up and ready to go with no issues. His MC-ing of the event was awesome- running through the dances, toasts, announcing dinner, everything was handled very smoothly. However, where his service really stood out was when it was time to open up the dance floor. The guests at our wedding were very much the dancing type, and Luke delivered big time. Everybody had a blast, he worked in guests' requests for songs flawlessly, and it really made the night memorable for everyone who attended. The music at your wedding is one of the most important parts of the experience, and we are so happy that we made the choice to go with 3rd street entertainment. Our guests have not stopped raving to us about how good the DJ was since. Cannot recommend them enough, 10/10.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Heather · Married on 10/20/2017

These guys were easy, fun and a blast to have at our wedding!!! We would definitely hire them again!!

Sent on 11/25/2017
    8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service 2

8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, Heather! It was a pleasure working with you and an honor to be your choice in entertainment!! We wish you countless years of happiness together!! Thank you!!!

Katie · Married on 08/12/2017

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about 8th Street Entertainment! From day one, Dave was unbelievably helpful and offered so many great suggestions during the planning process to make our day perfect! He coached us on how everything should flow, and worked through countless updates and changes that we made throughout the process.
    During the reception, Luke created a perfect atmosphere and vibe for our guests - from song choices to reception timeline, he nailed it! Thank you for making or day so fantastic!

Sent on 08/18/2017

8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service's reply:

It was an honor to be a part of your Big Day! We wish you an eternity of happiness!!!

Heidi · Married on 07/08/2017

We got married on 7/8/17!!!! Woohooo!!! And I have to say that Dj Dave was the best most professional most accommodating dj to work with!!!! He was extremely easy to talk to and collaborate with, he had the best ideas!!! Fun games, great music and it was all so fluently done, I could tell he was ON IT!!! He new what was the best music to play with all my peeps to get them up and going!!! I have high expectations and Dave was truly the man that met them all!!! He will be the chosen one every time from now on when I need some great entertainment!!!! Thank you soooo much Dave for your mad skills!!! Music sets the tone to any occasion, we give Dj Dave a perfect 10!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, for your kind words, and for the honor of being your DJ! Seeing you two together is absolutely inspiring!! #TrueLove
  • Aphtyn

Aphtyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Dave was so great to work with! Right from the beginning, his communication with my scatterbrained-self was very professional and accommodating. He answered all of my questions (in great detail) and just provided overall above and beyond great customer service. When it came to the week of our wedding, he came the day before to scope out our venue and make sure all of his equipment would have a place to be hooked into an outlet. With the venue being our house, all of that was a little more tricky, but he handled it very well! When our big day came, I don’t even remember seeing him except for when it was time to dance. He was very under the radar and when it came time for him to do his part, he announced us so effortlessly and kept the tempo up and the overall vibe. We loved the way he interacted just enough with our crowd, especially during our shoe game (which was quite the hit). We can’t recommend Dave enough! And his assistant that day did a great job as well, i forget his name, but they both were very professional.

Sent on 07/15/2017

8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, Aphtyn! It was truly an honor to be a part of your Big Day! You have an amazing family! We, at 8th Street Entertainment, wish you many, many, many years of happiness!!!

John · Married on 07/31/2016

8th Street is awesome to work with. We used them for our wedding reception and everythikg was great. Dave is very responsive with any questions you will have, and he will help craft your reception to make it the way you want it. 8th Street provides suggestions and information on anything from crowd interaction, to certain dances, to certain music genres to play at certain points of the reception. We got very positive feedback from our guests about 8th Street.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Shannon · Married on 05/21/2016

DJ Dave and 8th Street Entertainment Premier DJ Service was amazing! They did a phenomenal job for both the ceremony and reception. We got complements on them all evening. Even a couple in attendance had gotten married a couple of years before had said how much better DJ Dave and his company did! We would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Karen · Married on 10/10/2015

DJ Dave entertained 50 13 year olds celebrating a Bar and Bat Mitzvah after party. He got the kids dancing the entire evening and was very flexible about taking requests. His lighting and music made the party.

Sent on 10/11/2015

8th Street completed our wedding celebration. Dave has a vast knowledge of music, and caught on immediately to the "vibe" we were going for. Our friends and family all commented on how great the music was. Dave is a wonderful guy, and a delight to have had as part of our day.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Ryan · Married on 09/06/2014

Dave did an amazing job!!! He did everything we asked for and didnt even question it!! We had an amazing wedding and all of or guests enjoyed themselves as well thanks to dave!!

Sent on 10/02/2014

jacqueline · event on 03/22/2014

I AM IN THE RED HAT SOCIETY AND WE HOST AN EVENT EVERY YEAR AT THE HILTON GARDEN, DAVE WAS AWESOME! VERY COURTEOUS! THE GIRLS HAD A GOOD TIME!!!!! HE WAS VERY FLEXIBLE AND OPEN TO IDEAS WE HAD PLANNED!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/24/2013

Dave was the best DJ that I have ever hired. We had a blast and from the minute we first met to go over things Dave has helped in so many other ways throughout my planning process. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Marlena · Married on 04/24/2010

We were both very pleased with our DJ services provided at our wedding! There were some surprises they had for us and our guests! Which were great! They provided the exact atmosphere that we wanted! I would highly recommend 8th Street Entertainment! I would also use there services again!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Jenn · Married on 09/28/2013

They did such a great job for my best friend's wedding! Such great music that kept everyone on the dance floor. If we lived closer instead of states away, I would definitely book them for our parties!

Sent on 09/30/2013

lisa · event on 05/25/2013

dave was one of the least costly DJ for our event besides meeting with us and making us feel comfortable, very down to earth and brought a sense of humor to the meeting.
    We liked him instantly.
    He did a very good job at my party and made it fun for the guests to go get their food.
    I recommend him highly!!

3.0
      0.5
      3.0
      1.5

Please keep in mind this is the only vendor at my wedding that recieved a poor review...8th street was a recommended vendor at my wedding venue. We had meet with the owner of the company over a year before the event. He seemed great. He told us that whatever we wanted they would make happen. We were really excited and thought that we had picked a really great DJ. As the wedding approached, we filled out all the papers that were provided asking exactly what type of music and such we were looking for. We did all of that. We even gave them a list of every song we wanted played. There were plenty of songs to last the whole night. We were all set and excited about having this DJ.
    A few weeks before the wedding we emailed 8th street and requested to talk on the phone to go over exactly what we wanted, the music and everything we wanted announced. The owner (I believe his name is Marc) said that it wasn’t necessary and he would talk to us on the day of the event. We thought that would be fine but turns out it wasn’t.
    The day of the event, no one had reached out to my husband or I to talk about what we were looking for. The two djs we were provided never even introduced themselves. They played multiple songs that weren’t on the list we provided. During the first dance, we wanted them to announce for all guests to join us on the dance floor. They didn’t do this, I actually had to do it when the dance was over and there was a break in the music. They also played multiple choreographed dances which we us specifically said we didn’t want. We were so unhappy with the song selections I had to talked to them many times to request songs that we already on our playlist we picked previously picked.
    During the middle of the reception, my husband and I went outside to take more photos. During this time I later learned that the Dj turned the music down instead of keeping the dancing going.
    Frankly we paid hundreds of dollars for a dj to do what we could have done with an iPod.

Sent on 12/08/2017