Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

33 Reviews for 550 Trackside

Indoor (4)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Event Planning (1)
33 550 Trackside Reviews

First I would like to thank Roger for letting us host my sister's wedding at his beautiful venue. He was honest , friendly and always there to answer our questions. He accommodate us with anything we needed to make our day a memorable one. He has an amazing crew that made our day go smoothly. They were there to help and assist us withanything even if it was not their duty to do so.
I want to mention some names for their amazing job, Broderick , Greg and his wife. Absolute wonderful people that actualy went beyond and above to make the day a memorable one. Thank you all :)

There was one person to the exception Lisa. She was rude and negative all the way.

Anyways I just said the above line just to mention her name but the overall experience was absolutely successful and wonderful.

Thank you again Roger and his crew.

Profile Picture Fasika, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at 550 Trackside in October 2017. Roger, the owner, is very enthusiastic and proud of the work that he and his wife have poured into this building to turn it into a beautiful event space. Most of the decorations throughout the building are antiques collected by his wife from around the world. Roger was very helpful and made sure everything went exactly as planned. Below are a few notes from our experience: 1. All alcohol sales are done through the venue, and Roger is very flexible - you can do open bar, cash bar, beer/wine only, or switch between any of the aforementioned at any point (ex: after 9PM, 200 drinks, etc.). He has a base brand for each type of alcohol, but you can serve a “premium” option for an upcharge (he can obtain most brands if you give him enough time to track them down). He also has a signature cocktail served in a large decanter, which was perfect for cocktail hour. You can also decide how many bartenders/runners you would like. 2. The venue is very popular and has events almost every night of every weekend. We decided to hold our rehearsal elsewhere due to an event at 550 Trackside the night before our wedding. We could have held it there the morning of our wedding or around lunchtime the day before, but that didn’t fit well with our schedule. Overall, this worked out fine for us, but it’s something to consider. 3. You get access to the venue starting at 9am, and it’s yours for the entire day. The venue includes a room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in, which allowed us to bring the hair and makeup vendor to the venue and made the day much more relaxed/smooth. Having the venue all day also allowed us to take pictures throughout the day. 4. You can hold your ceremony outside, if you’d like. We held our ceremony inside since the interior is so beautiful, then had cocktail hour on the patio outside while the inside room was flipped for the reception.
Overall, we couldn’t be happier we choose 550 Trackside!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor
1.3

I have booked this venue twice. The first experience was fine. The second I felt was absolutely less than honest. Somehow with 40 less people than our first event our alcohol bill went up $1000. This is after you were charged $300 for off duty police to be able to serve alcohol and after you paid $350 for two bartenders to sell the alcohol. You have to go on the word of the proprietor on the consumption. I would go anywhere else but 550 Trackside to have an event or a wedding. You don't need the stress on your special day. I will never use this venue ever again.

Profile Picture User7759859, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used 550 Trackside for our wedding day and were so impressed!!! The customer service was excellent from the very beginning. The manager Roger was very flexible and made himself available for multiple tours for my family, friends, and I while coordinating for the wedding, he was very patient and timely answering numerous emails and phone calls with all my questions, there is a perfect place for everything no matter what layout you choose, Roger and his staff were professional and well prepared the day of the wedding, the venue was beautiful and one of a kind. At one point we ran out of plates (somehow they were misplaced- we never found them) and were able to borrow dinner & cake plates from the venue and avoided a major catastrophe! I could say so much more! We received so many compliments from guests. We are so grateful to have had such a wonderful vendor for our big day. Thanks again! Highly recommend :) The only cons I would mention: flip time from ceremony to reception was quoted at 20 minutes maximum and it took about 40 minutes and we were not told the table assembly was not included with the room flip and did not find out until the morning of the wedding when we arrived.

Profile Picture Taylor, 1/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

550 Trackside is the perfect venue for a wedding and many other special events and occasions. It is one of the most beautiful venues that I have ever been to. I would describe it as elegant rustic. All of the décor in the building has been hand-picked from all over the world by Roger and his wife to add beauty, elegance and character to the venue. Roger Kahn, the owner, is so easy to work with. He is always available to answer questions, offer suggestions and is so very helpful as the date gets closer. He was very accommodating when we wanted to visit the venue to gage how we would decorate, what we needed or when the coordinator and photographer wanted to look at the venue. You are able to get in the day of the wedding as early as 9:00 am to get ready and to decorate. There is a beautiful bride suite for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready in. My daughter had 6 bridesmaids plus the mothers and we all were very comfortable in the suite as we had our hair and makeup done and got dressed. Plenty of room for everyone. The groom and groomsmen use the office once they arrive. 550 Trackside has huge a catering kitchen which our caterer loved. The venue is set up for the wedding with the reception tables off to the side, so you can set the tables and decorate them prior to the wedding. After the wedding, guests are ushered outside for appetizers and drinks during the 20-30 minute flip. The bridal party and family stays inside for pictures. The patio is beautiful and shaded with bistro tables and chairs. After the flip the guests are invited back in to a beautiful reception hall and the party begins. Roger helped us decide how we wanted to stage all of the things (cake, photobooth, DJ, bar, buffet, gift table, etc). Roger was amazingly helpful during the seven months prior to the wedding. 550 Trackside is a simply wonderful venue & I cannot say enough good things about the owner, Roger, his staff. I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture User7220925, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

550 Trackside is an INCREDIBLE wedding venue! (I'm biased, of course, but I would say it is the best venue!). I grew up in Lawrenceville and didn't know this place existed--Definitely a hidden gem!

My husband (then-fiance) and I visited 550 soon after we were engaged and fell in love with it immediately; a few days later we cancelled the other two venue visits we had lined up and booked our wedding date. 550's schedule does fill up quickly, so book early! We booked in January for our August wedding, and we reserved the last Saturday available in August, and I believe that once we booked, Roger, the owner, said he only had four Saturdays left the whole year.

Roger is extremely helpful--He was always quick to respond to our emails and calls and was willing to meet multiple times and even to schedule a time for me to meet alone with my wedding coordinator so she could see the venue.

Roger is very upfront about costs and what is included in the price. We had no surprises regarding costs, and I
feel that the pricing is very fair for what is included with the venue. The venue is so beautiful and has such lovely lighting already that it doesn't require a lot of major decoration like some other venues would. They even encourage couples to print personalized poster-sized pictures to place on top of the four frames hanging on the walls inside to make the venue space their own. It is gorgeous!

550 Trackside does not require you to use any specific vendors (other than their bartenders and bar, if desired). Roger can refer vendors, but he does not pressure you to use any in particular. The venue offers open houses throughout the year as well--These were a lot of fun, and we did find some of our vendors through the open houses.

Roger and his team are extremely organized and efficient. I highly suggest using his set up, flip, and break down teams. We added and adjusted details up until the week before the wedding, and everything turned out absolutely perfectly

Profile Picture Nichole, 8/27/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor

I am so excited to hold both my ceremony and reception at Trackside! The place is just stunning and listening to Roger tell us the full history behind the building blew us away! (My dad's family is from Lawrenceville and have even been to 550 Trackside in it's former life as a corn mill and a feed and seed store!)

Every detail in this place is perfect for our wedding from the gorgeous stone walls to the incredibly high wooden ceilings to the chandeliers! I'm just ecstatic! I found the price to be comparable with other venues in the area and with a similar feel.

The ONLY downside is that Roger holds so many events (because it is such a great venue) that he can't guarantee you will have the place for rehearsals the Friday before, but he does his very best and tries to offer as many other choices for rehearsals as possible.

ALSO! I loved that we have the place all to ourselves the entire day! No time limits for setting up and getting ready on site the day of.

Profile Picture Morgan, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger was a joy to work with--he has an obvious love for the history and the details of the venue. He was also very accommodating and responsive, making it easy to work with him. There are no hidden fees or surprises--Roger was very up front about all costs from the beginning, so there were absolutely no surprises when it came to the final invoice.

So many of my guests commented on the uniqueness of the venue--it is certainly not your typical ballroom wedding! I only had my reception there (we had the ceremony at First United Methodist Church of Lawrenceville, which was super close by), so I can't comment on any aspect regarding a ceremony or a room flip.

Overall, the venue was absolutely beautiful and it was absolutely perfect. Although my tastes are not generally super rustic, the venue had a lot of character and history and beauty, and I could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture User5497095, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We LOVE this venue! I fell in love with it from the moment I stepped inside. My husband and I recieved many compliments on or venue selection for our wedding in August. Roger is very professional, responds quickly, and is great to work with. He provided us with many of the things we needed and was flexible in working with us to make our day everything we hoped for and more.

Profile Picture Ansley, 8/7/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had our daughter's June 20 wedding reception at 550 Trackside. The venue was perfect and working with Roger was wonderful! From day one of planning, he provided us with historical information about the building (it is easy to tell how much he loves the place) as well as a written estimate of potential costs that proved to be accurate and fair. As mother of the bride, I genuinely appreciated the billing experience because I found Roger to be easy to contact via phone and email and there were NO surprises once final payment was due. This helped keep us within our budget which was important to our family. In addition, Roger directed us to excellent hotel lodging that provided transportation from the reception. This worked very well and was important to us because we had a lot of out of town guests who went to a lot of trouble to come, so it was nice to have things in place for them. Roger gave us a great recommendation in that area! Our local and out of town guests commented on the beauty of the building and it more than accommodated a guest list of around 230. We highly recommend 550 Trackside. It is a beautiful place filled with rich history, easy to get to, they work well with outside vendors, have an amazing staff (Roger is outstanding) who cares about you, and are patient in explaining how things work to first time families! We loved our time at 550 Trackside. Our new son-in-law and daughter were really happy with the whole day! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User5206408, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at 550 Trackside, and we are so glad we chose this venue. The venue is beautiful and full of historic details. It is close to the train track which gives it a local, rustic charm. We received so many compliments from our guests on the reception venue. We had an early afternoon church ceremony, so it was important to find a venue that was flexible for the reception hours. The owner, Roger, was wonderful to work with, and allowed us to customize our start time to avoid any gaps between ceremony and reception. We did not have a wedding planner/ coordinator, but Roger made our planning stress-free, and assisted with the set-up. We would definitely use this venue again. I highly recommend this venue for any type of large event!

Profile Picture Brenna, 6/13/15, 10 Reviews
3.5

The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Everything in there was hand picked by the owner, Roger, which is went over in great detail on our tour of the venue. The price seemed great at first, but we quickly realized there were a TON of hidden costs (which ended up nearly doubling the price on the venue)

Cons:
- We were never contacted before our alcohol order was placed. We called a week and a half before our big day to find out the order was placed and I was not going to be able to get the cider I wanted. I was pretty upset, and thankfully Roger was able to find some for our big day.
- Owner was on vacation the week before and hard to get in touch with
-Day of was a mess. We arrived to find the chairs not set up the way we wanted and the candelabras that I hated were at the altar. Roger had to have a guy come in a move them a few hours before the wedding. I told them at least three times I didn't want them.
- The lady working the day of my wedding had no clue. The floor plan she had was not what we had discussed with Roger three weeks prior. Tables were in wrong places and WE had to move them
- HIDDEN COSTS! So, so many hidden costs. $1 per chair, $80 farm tables, security for alcohol (who left before our reception), bartends and bar runners (what is that?), etc, etc.
- Couldnt have rehearsal at venue
- Final invoice was not ready for us on the day of the wedding, so we had to worry about getting that paid for on our honeymoon.

Venue is gorgeous and we were very happy with it, but the day of couldve been much smoother. Thank GOD I had the most awesome coordinator who handled all of this for me!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 5/31/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger was so helpful and easy to work with. He answered my thousands of questions with patience and gave me great advice for planning an amazing wedding. His staff was efficient and accommodating on the day of the wedding. The facility is beautiful and budget friendly! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at 550 and everything went great! Roger and his team are very easy to work with and willing to do anything to make your day special. If you have a vision for the room or anything, they are open to letting you set it up how you want. It is the perfect setting for any type of event!

Profile Picture Mara, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

550 Trackside is a gorgeous venue. We received so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was.

Profile Picture Brandon, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
3.9

Although is a beautiful historic place, atmosphere was was plain.

Profile Picture User5016209, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great spot for your wedding venue and or reception. Manager/owner is great to work with and very flexible. However I do not recommend having them tear down they didn't do much to help so that was a waste of money.

Profile Picture Nancy, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

550 Trackside and Roger were wonderful. The venue is gorgeous and very unique. Roger was easy to communicate and work with, very friendly and professional. We could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Mandy, 10/11/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger and 550 Trackside helped create the wedding of my dreams and within my budget! I have never heard of a wedding being stress-free...but I can honestly say mine was! Roger helped me so much in being so flexible with times and pickups. He is so passionate about his venue and it really adds to the excitement of the place. 550 Trackside will always hold fond memories for me. What a great!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger at 550 Trackside was amazing in helping us plan our big day. He answered so many questions and gave us a lot of advice, as we did not have a planner. He is such a nice guy and a pleasure to work with. He made the whole process stress-free. His venue is gorgeous! He is flexible and even helped us save money by advising us with some of the decisions. He was always available for communication. I would love to plan another event at his venue.

Profile Picture Kelli, 6/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Owner Roger is great to work with and very flexible. Although a very busy man he is amazing with communication. Venue is gorgeous!! Rustic yet elegant!! Wouldn't have changed a thing. Overall excellent! I highly recommend for your events!!

Profile Picture Kerese, 5/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is such a beautiful place! It pretty much decorates itself. Roger and his staff were a pleasure to work with and very accomadating. The compliments are still coming in about the venue! Pictures turn out great here as well.

Profile Picture Tricia, 4/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are no words to describe the beauty of this venue. You have to see it in person and once you do.. that's it, you're booking! So many of my guest were impressed with the rustic/ vintage yet elegant and classy venue. It has so much detail and history to it. Roger Khan is such a kind and amazing person. Very prompt to return calls and has everything in order. He is very easy to work with and made my wedding day an amazing one along with his staff members. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to WOW their guest.

Profile Picture Claudia, 1/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was absolutely stunning! Also, things went very well when planning. However, I would not recommend hiring the wedding coordinator as they suggest. We spent over 1,000 dollars and she worked for the venue rather than us. She did not do many of the things listed on her contract and spent more time entertaining the groomsmen. She definitely was double dipping with the venue and did not do what we hired her to do. My cousin had to give out programs and my bridesmaids put on men's flowers. Not to mention the photographer, caterer and I kept up with the timeline. The venue is gorgeous and perfect for a wedding!

Profile Picture User2836627, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

beautiful. open to outside vendors. little decorations needed. access for the entire day--no time limits. professional staff. :)

Profile Picture beth , 8/17/13, 6 Reviews