50/Fifty Reviews

32 | Asheville, NC

32 Reviews for 50/Fifty

32 50/Fifty Reviews

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

Mandy is so wonderful to work with! From tasting to wedding day delivery and set up, she was so kind, professional, and accommodating. Everything she made was DELICIOUS! All our guests were raving about the cake and cupcakes. We have some family members with very severe food allergies, and she made sure that everything she made was safe for them to eat. We so appreciated her and would recommend her to anyone! Thank you Mandy! We'll be dreaming about those desserts for a long time!

Meredith · Married on 06/16/2018

50/Fifty created an amazing spread of vegan mini cupcakes for our wedding. We were blown away at the options offered to us, and we even had a custom Butterbeer flavor that they made at our request! Our guests were raving about the cupcakes all night! Thank you so much…we would recommend your services to anybody!

Kendall · Married on 06/03/2018

Fifty/50 the Art of Dessert provided our personal wedding cake as well as over 150 cupcakes for our wedding day.
    Upon meeting, Mandy was so flexible and willing to fit us in and bring us as many flavors and combinations to try as possible. We decided on three flavors of cupcakes and our guest could not stop raving about them.
    Fifty/50 the Art of Dessert’s ability to combine flavors, present desserts elegantly and willingness to make the big day as smooth as possible allowed us to have full confidence in their work.

Erin · Married on 10/08/2017

We are not big "cake people", so we knew we wanted a variety of mini desserts for our wedding. 50/Fifty has an extensive menu to choose from, and it was so hard to narrow down our choices. After our tasting with Mandy, we decided on an assortment of mini cupcakes, tarts, cheesecakes, brownies, and rice crispy treats, as well as a small tiered cake that we could use for our cake cutting. Everything was incredible!! Mandy also takes care of the presentation of everything so you don't have to worry about a darn thing on the day of! Mandy is a master of her craft, an ease to work with, and really just one of the nicest people ever. If you're looking for sweets for any kind of event in the Asheville area, and you've managed to find this review, don't look any further! Mandy is your girl!

Jean · Married on 09/16/2017

What a great experience it was working with Mandy! Her desserts are amazing and so tasty, and she took our wedding cake and dessert table ideas and brought them to life exactly as we envisioned - she really knows the art of sweets! I highly recommend choosing 50/Fifty for your wedding cake and desserts! I promise you won't regret it!

Lindsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Mandy at 50/Fifty was very easy to work with and she created a cake that looked exactly what my daughter and son-in-law wanted. It was beautiful and delicious! The desserts she created in addition to the cake were delicious and enjoyed by everyone! She helped us create a menu that was exactly suited to the type of vibe were looking for at the wedding. She helped us work within the budget we had and I never felt pressured to spend more than we wanted to. The tasting she provided helped us come to final decisions that we were super happy with. 50/Fifty was wonderful!

Siobhan · Married on 09/02/2017

Mandy is awesome! We went with a variety of cakes and small desserts for our wedding and could not be more pleased. Everything was absolutely delicious. Guests were raving and even my non-dessert loving husband went back for seconds!

50/Fifty 1
    50/Fifty 2
    50/Fifty 3
    50/Fifty 4
    50/Fifty 5

Landon · Married on 08/05/2017

We loved working with Mandy. Each cake/frosting combination we tried was delicious. We decided on a small cake for cutting and a variety of cupcakes for our guests. Mandy did a great job setting up all of the desserts at the wedding and everyone loved the cupcakes. Not only did everything taste great, it looked really nice as well.

Jenny · Married on 07/02/2017

Mandy is amazing! Our cake was the best I have ever had and the other desserts were also delicious! A friend liked the pecan bars so much that he couldn't stop talking about them. I would work with her again in a heartbeat!

Christy · Married on 06/23/2017

Mandy....what can I say...AMAZING ALL AROUND. The cake was scrumptious....We had cake pops, cookies, lemon squares, chocolate mousse, and tiramisu. ALL devoured with nothing but praise! She is an amazing chocolatier as well...She made all of our gift boxes for guests made up of chocolate hearts. People are still asking me if I took any home so they can come over to enjoy again! She is a wonderful person on top of all of her talent. Thank you, Mandy, for a beautiful presentation on top of the incredible treats. Thank you!!!!!

Dave · Married on 06/10/2017

We hired 50/Fifty Bakery for our wedding through a recommendation from our wedding planner. What a great bakery! From the tasting, we knew we wanted those amazing desserts and cake at our wedding. Everything turned out perfect and every one loved the sweet treats! Highly recommend.

Kirsten · Married on 05/20/2017

We were in love with Mandy's cakes from the first time we tried them at the cake tasting. She managed to help us come up with four unique mini cupcake flavors. A guest favorite was the brownie cupcake with peanut butter mousse – it was delicious! Mandy did a fabulous job at presenting the cake and cupcakes, and she even incorporated our rustic wedding feel into the display. She used our succulents to decorate the cake and displayed the cupcakes on various beautiful platters. Mandy was sweet and easy to communicate with through email and phone if needed. I would recommend 50/Fifty to anyone in need of a wonderful baker! We couldn't be happier with our decision!

Rachael · Married on 05/13/2017

Mandy is the sweetest, just like her cakes! I would definitely use her services again in the future.

Danielle · Married on 11/05/2016

Our cake was delicious. We had so many compliments. Mandy also made us a few vegan cupcakes and they were also amazing. The cake looked beautiful. She was easy to communicate with and responded to emails quickly. Couldn't be happier with everything!

Abby · Married on 10/28/2016

Mandy was phenomenal! After an extremely awful experience with Ruth and Ranshaw, we found 50/Fifty. I'm SO glad that we did. She was so easy to communicate with and always replied promptly. She arrived promptly to the wedding venue. Our cake tasting was amazing. She had so many options and flavors; all delicious. I had my heart set on cupcakes baked in small mason jars. When we arrived at our tasting, she had one already baked for me so that I could see what it would look like! Our cake and cupcake display looked flawless! We received so many compliments on how delicious the cupcakes were. Every single cupcake and piece of cake was gone by the end of the night! I would highly recommend 50/Fifty to anyone who wants professionalism and absolutely delicious desserts!

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2016

Mandy was a dream to work with, and the cake and cheesecakes were AMAZING!

We had a destination wedding and were unable to come for a tasting, so we trusted Mandy's recommendations and she did not disappoint. We were even able to have each tier in our cake be a different flavor so that everyone was happy. She also made individual-sized cheesecakes which were adorable.

Mandy also did custom artwork for our Lord of the Rings cake based on a sketch I made. It was so easy to communicate with her via email, and I definitely recommend Fifty/50 for anyone getting married in Asheville.

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2016

Mandy is an absolute pleasure to work with. Her desserts are incredible and she is flexible and creative! She was able to create a partial 3D grooms cake and the Oreo cheesecakes are to die for! I cannot brag enough with how delicious the food was! She even made us a "to go" box to ensure we were able to have some goodies. :)

Kristen · Married on 08/26/2016

One thing that my husband was adamant about was the dessert. He and his family have big sweet tooths so this was a big deal to him. Mandy at 50Fifty was amazing. When we met up with her and had the tastings we knew we picked the right caterer for our desserts. We decided on not having a cake but instead a variety of mini cupcakes and macarons. The display that she had setup at our venue had our guests taking a pause when they entered our reception much less when they got to taste it! We plan on having her make us box of goodie for our anniversary! Thank you Mandy and 50Fifty!

Shelly · Married on 08/06/2016

We found 50/Fifty desserts when we didn't hear from Ruth and Ranshaw about the tasting appointment we had booked. All I wanted was to confirm a time and despite 2 weeks of phone calls and emails, they never got back to me. MANDY TO THE RESCUE!! She emailed me withing HOURS (and around 10pm!) of my last minute attempt to get a tasting appointment while my parents would be in town. Mandy was so accommodating and easy to work - and super fast to return an email! The fact that the desserts are DELICIOUS was just icing on the cake (pun intended). We ended up doing a dessert bar with the following items:
    Mini Cupcakes: Lemon Cake with Raspberry Buttercream, Chocolate Cake with Caramel Buttercream, Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
    Mini Tarts: Apple Streusel, Fresh Fruit, and Peanut Butter & Chocolate
    White Chocolate Truffles: airbrushed blue and white (our wedding colors),
    Eclairs,
    Tiramisu Cups

What I was able to get to (unfortunately all the peanut butter chocolate tarts were gone when I made it to the dessert table) was absolutely delicious and the table was fantastic to look at! Mandy and her husband provided all the stands and trays to make the table look classy and even put little name cards to let guests know what everything was.
    I will be using 50/Fifty for all of my dessert needs in the future! Thanks Mandy!

Aly · Married on 07/16/2016

We loved working with Mandy to find our perfect cake options for our wedding day. She was so kind and friendly, and worked with us to select delicious cake! Chris was great on the day-of, making sure everything looked beautiful when it was set up!

Jordan · Married on 06/04/2016

Mandy is incredible. One of the greatest bakers on the planet. She provided our wedding with some of the best pastries and desserts I've ever had in my life. She is seriously one of the most talented culinary artists I've had the privilege of working with. Pay for the best, forget the rest. Mandy and Chris are at the top of their game.

Kelly · Married on 03/05/2016

Mandy is amazing! She listened to everything we wanted and executed it flawlessly. Our wedding cake had three different flavored tiers. The fist chocolate stout with a peanut butter frosting, the middle a spice cake with buttercream and the bottom vanilla with a Nutella frosting. I also asked her to do mini pies as wedding favors, I had envisioned them in little pie boxes, she found and provided the mini boxes with no extra charge. After our wedding we forgot our anniversary cake at our wedding venue, Mandy drove out and picked it up and shipped it to us in Florida without us even asking her to. She went above and way beyond anything we could ever expect. We recommend 50/FIFTY 100%!!!

Finding Mandy was truly a blessing in disguise! Our original baker bailed, and we found Mandy through the help of our design visionary/planner. With less than 2 months until the wedding, Mandy set up an after work hour tasting for us, and we were completely impressed! Cake samples were so fresh and delicious, and she had so many mini dessert options for us to try. Mandy prepared our 5-tier wedding cake, with each tier as a different flavor and it was such a hit. We had so many compliments on taste and freshness. The cake looked so perfect, that a few people thought it was a fake cake! We also ordered just a few mini desserts, and then had our family and friends make other goodies for a dessert bar. Mandy graciously set up our dessert bar for us, granted she barely provided what was on it. It was beautiful! She outdid herself! I highly recommend!!

50/Fifty did a phenomenal job creating our wedding cake! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and even more delicious! Mandy was so easy to work with and made the whole planning process a breeze! Did I mention how amazing the cake tasted?!? She even wrapped our anniversary tier up and made to-go boxes for us to eat later that night!

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2015

Mandy did my wedding cake and mini desserts. She did an amazing job and was so sweet and easy to work with. The cake was delicious and looked beautiful. I got tons of compliments. Everyone especially loved the red velvet and cream cheese whoopie pies. My favorite were the peanut butter and jelly chocolates and banana pudding minis. Thank you so much 50/Fifty!