5 Star Events DJ Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Andrew Married on 12/11/2021

Dave was awesome!

My fiance and I had the pleasure of working with Dave from 5 Star Events as our wedding DJ. From the minute we began working with him, he was extremely professional, responsive and helpful. Then, COVID hit and we made the difficult decision to postpone. Dave was EXTREMELY flexible and understanding. Once we let him know our new date (and new venue) he remained flexible and attentive to what we wanted. He continued to be so easy to work with and spent time with us on the phone before our wedding day, helping us with the flow of the evening and various songs for each part of the night. Once the night began, he was awesome start to finish. The dance floor was packed all night and he really knew how to work the room. It's impossible to keep track of how many guests said our wedding was a blast, in large part to the great work done by Dave! Thank Dave for being a part of our special day and for making it so memorable! We highly recommend Dave!
    Leigh R. Married on 10/09/2021

Incredible experience!

DJ Dave was incredible to work with. We needed to postpone our wedding 1 year due to Covid, which required a lot of work to cancel and reschedule all of our vendors for our revised wedding date. Dave was so flexible, responsive and willing to work with us through all of it. He made the experience so easy, listened to what we wanted and delivered exactly what we were looking for. Our dancefloor was packed the entire time, all due to Dave's ability to read the room, and his awesome music selection. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ in the Cape Cod area!
  • Molly
    Molly Q. Married on 08/14/2021

DJ Dave is the BEST!!!

We can’t say enough good things about Five Star Events and, more specifically, DJ Dave Hodges. Dave worked our wedding a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely phenomenal. He worked with us to create the perfect timeline and communicated with us throughout the wedding to make sure it flowed perfectly. His platform is user-friendly and is designed to ensure that he plays all your favorite songs. I would HIGHLY recommend Five Star Events and DJ Dave and hope to have the opportunity to utilize their services in the future!!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Molly!!! I had so much fun working with you and Sean :-). You kept me on my toes and I loved every minute of it!

DJ Dave
    Heather Married on 06/19/2021

Dave is the BEST

Dave Hodges was our DJ for our Cape Cod wedding and my husband and I cannot say enough positive things about him! From start to finish, he was professional, patient, and the music was perfect. Dave is SUPER organized and helped guide us through the process of picking songs for the ceremony, dinner, and reception. Thank you Dave for everything; we will never forget you!
    Katherine L. Married on 05/16/2020

Professional & Helpful

Dave has been incredible to work with! From the start he has been responsive, helpful and open to our thoughts and ideas! When it came time to postpone due to the COVID-19 virus, Dave was empathetic and kind. I would recommend him several times over to anyone with an upcoming event!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 09/28/2019

Dave is great!

Dave is so professional and makes everything so easy!
    My husband and I attended a wedding where Dave was the DJ, so we knew in advance how great he was.

Our ceremony was held in an outdoor venue without electricity, and Dave set up our "off the grid" ceremony with batting an eye.
    Dave also set up lighting for our reception that really helped transform the space.
    He does a great job of getting to know the couple, and really making the reception reflect them. Neither of us are huge dancers, and a lot of the music we like isn't really music for dancing at a wedding. Dave did a great job of getting an idea of our music taste and reading the room to play what our guests needed. We got lots of comments from our guests about how great the music was that night!
  • Megan
    Megan L. Married on 09/20/2019

The best!!

DJ Dave of 5 Star Events was the best! He was very easy to work with leading up to our wedding day; we loved the online song database and in-person consultation. We felt like he truly had an understanding of what music we liked and went above and beyond on our wedding day! His selection of music and timing of songs could not have been more perfect. He kept the dance floor full all night long! We would highly recommend 5 Star Events for your wedding!
  • Casey
    Casey Married on 08/23/2019

Excellent experience

Our experience with DJ Dave was incredible. He truly made planning stress free and his attention to detail allowed us to fully enjoy our wedding day. He was very accommodating to all of our requests. His skill as a DJ is also impressive and he seamlessly plays off of the party as to how he will make his next move and song selection. Our guests raved about their experience on the dance floor. Highly recommend! Thanks for everything Dave!!
  • Rachael
    Rachael W. Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent Experience

Our experience with Dave was wonderful from the very first phone call. He answered every question I had and was also very responsive to any follow up emails. The week below the wedding he even followed up with my videographer to make sure everything was set for the audio during the ceremony. Dave has a great attention to detail and is extremely professional. He followed through with all of our music requests and gave us very helpful advice throughout the planning process. Everyone had a great time dancing and he kept the party going the whole night. For the last dance song, my husband was away from the dance floor so Dave asked if there was one more song that we wanted to hear before he left . The song and the last dance ended up being one of the highlights of the evening that all the guests talked about. Our wedding was perfect and Dave was one of the reasons why.!I highly recommend Dave and 5 Star Events!
    Emma M. Married on 08/09/2019

Seamless & Unforgettable

DJ Dave was amazing to work with and made our experience so enjoyable. The process in choosing songs was seamless and easy. His attentiveness and responsiveness to all of our questions made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Day of he delivered nothing but the best! He brings an amazing presence to the room and makes sure your night is unforgettable. The lighting packing he suggested definitely took our wedding reception to the next level - highly recommend. Thanks DJ Dave you are awesome!!
  • Deb
    Deb Married on 07/26/2019

One of the best parts of our wedding

Dave was so wonderful to work with. He was quick and accommodating in answering all of our questions. His services from ceremony music, cocktail hour, to the reception were second to none. This was the easiest and most fun part of our wedding. I can't thank you enough Dave and 5 Star Events.

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you so much! It means the world to me that my couples get exactly what they want, and it's an enjoyable experience :-).

Wishing you, and Matt a lifetime of happiness!
    Matthew B. Married on 07/19/2019

DJ Dave is Amazing and Flexible

My Wife and I requested a lot from our DJ. From Multiple entrance songs, to surprise dances, to working with me months before our wedding to ensure we were on the same page. I can not say enough with how amazing and flexible DJ Dave was for my wife and I. He met all of our expectations and more. If you are looking for a DJ that understands that your wedding night is YOUR NIGHT I recommend DJ Dave and 5 Star Events.

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you!!! Your wedding will easily go down as one of the most memorable. 500 weddings down the road it will still stand out. I know how hard you and Abby worked to make it go down exactly the way it did. I just consider myself fortunate to have gotten to be part of it.

I wish you both all the best!!
    Ashley Married on 07/07/2019

5 Star verified!

DJ Dave will be exactly what you want because he truly listens to you, understands what you’re looking for, and executes it better than you could have asked for. I did immense research on a dj for our wedding. I have been to countless weddings and the music and flow are what make or break the event. Dave was professional and energetic from the first encounter. He took notes on everything we talked about at our initial meeting. His formatting and online system is very easy to use when choosing music and explaining the days timeline. What is unique about Dave is that you don’t feel like there’s just a playlist running. However, he doesn’t interject himself either. Dave just “gets it”. He worked incredibly well with all of my vendors and keeping the flow. I had an artist sing for my ceremony/cocktail hour but he still worked with her to ensure everything was smooth. That is very important the day of. Most importantly, everyone was on the dance floor the entire evening! Dave is the reason all of our friends and family are still saying it was the most fun wedding they’ve been to. We are so grateful for making our day classy but fun!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your review!! This is exactly why I love what I do. I get to work with couples like you, and Adam to help bring your vision to life :-). Your friends and family made the experience beyond fun!

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!!
    Andrew M. Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent experience!

Working with 5 Star Events was fantastic from start to finish. Dave Hodges made everything easy, from selecting songs for the playlist on the website to discussing MC plans for the entire wedding ceremony and reception. All aspects of the day went as smooth as could be thanks to Dave's attention to detail and professionalism. And all of our guests could not stop raving about the music selection. Dave and 5 Star Events have our highest recommendation!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Mary and Andy I can't say enough how genuinely awesome it was to work with you both. I had fun from the beginning all the way to the bitter end! Thank you for choosing 5 Star Events! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
    Emily Married on 06/15/2019

Five Star Events lives up to its name!

Dave was easy to work with and professional! His site was great, he was easy to get in touch with, and most importantly, he had the dance floor going all night!! Thanks Dave!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thanks Emily! Your family was an absolute blast!! Always out on the dance-floor. I'm so happy you used 5 Star Events! Also I didn't forget your playlist :-), it's coming soon. Best Wishes!!
    Dave Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing!!!

DJ Dave Hodges did a phenomenal job as the DJ at our wedding! He had a great mix of styles and kept the dance floor rocking all day long! We couldn't have been happier! Everybody raved about him and his selections. Thank You Dave!!!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank You! It was really amazing to get out on the harbor, and celebrate with such a fun bunch of people. I wish you and Kristina the absolute best!!
    Nicole D. Married on 05/11/2019

Book Dave!!!

Dave was the perfect wedding DJ! He took the time to meet with us in person before the wedding and his online portal made it easy to select songs and schedule the day. We had a Day wedding so we were not sure if people would dance but everyone was on the dance floor the entire time! Dave is also so nice and easygoing. I would work with him again in a heartbeat. Thanks Dave!

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole & Pat!!! Weddings like yours are why I love my job. I want to wish you, and Pat a lifetime of happiness. Thanks for choosing 5 Star Events :-)

Dave Hodges
  • Nick
    Nick S. Married on 04/05/2019

Friendly and accommodating

I was working as a videographer at one of the weddings where Dave was the DJ. I reached out to him before the wedding to make sure that I could record an audio feed from his equipment. He got back to me right away and offered several helpful options. Then he set aside time to work with me on the wedding day, which is not something that always happens. He was friendly to me and the guests, and from what I could tell the crowd seemed to enjoy his music (which included some lesser-known songs that had special significance to the bride and groom) and his enthusiasm. He made the wedding shoot that much easier for me, so I am confident that he will bring exceptional service to whoever hires him.
    David L. Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Reception

Our experience with Greg was amazing. From start to finish, he made the whole process of planning the reception incredibly easy. He listened to our suggestions, helped to guide us when we veered off course, and he was on top of all the details. All of our guests could not stop talking about how great Greg was and how much they loved the music -- from the song selections to the order in which they were played. Music really does make all the difference, and so does Greg!
    Katelyn Married on 09/08/2018
    Dave was absolutely awesome at our wedding! He was great during the whole planning process and answered any questions we had. We made a special request for a 90's/early 00's montage and Dave had the whole place dancing and singing along. I'll admit I'm a bit picky about music, and we added a ton of songs we wanted to here throughout the night. We were able to specify what songs we wanted during cocktail hour, dinner, or reception and choose which songs for the montage. Dave was receptive to all of it and everyone loved the music!
    We also had 5 Star provide the uplighting for the room and had them create a monogram which was shown on the floor which was also a huge hit and looks great in pics. We definitely recommend using 5 Star for your wedding or other events!
    Nico Married on 08/26/2018

Djing perfected

We had the pleasure of having Dave DJ our wedding at Wychmere in late August of this year. Dave fulfilled all of our requests to the T. The before-hand planning was so simple with the 5 Star website, and Dave brought truly professional, unique suggestions that made a big difference at the reception. The way that he was able to blend our traditional Greek dancing with the modern Dance/Pop songs that we had asked for was awesome. Our biggest compliment from guests at our wedding were the fact that the dance floor was crowded and the life of the party throughout the event. Him and I (the groom) also had a nice back and forth throughout the night; he made some changes on the fly for us and it kept the party lively. Really rang true to be the best night of our lives and Dave was a big part of that.

100% will recommend to friends & family in the area for any event.

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thanks for this awesome review Nico!! I will never forget your wedding! The energy was on point all night long. I can't thank you enough for choosing 5 Star Events to be a part of your wedding. I can't wait to see all of the pictures!

All the Best,
    Dave Hodges
    5 Star Events
    Heather Married on 08/04/2018
    Dave Hodges was the DJ for our wedding at Wychmere on 8/4/18 and he was excellent!!! He was one of our favorite vendors and we would very highly recommend him. Leading up to the wedding, he was fantastic to work with - so relaxed, patient, and flexible. He offered great suggestions and ideas we hadn't thought about.
    He listened carefully and was responsive to our needs and concerns. During the time when we were planning our wedding, we attended a friend's wedding where we felt the music and evening ended abruptly. This freaked us out so we told Dave about the experience; he assured us that was very different from what he does and talked us through his approach to wind down the evening (which he executed perfectly!!! We were so impressed with how he closed out the night - I still remember everyone on the dance floor with us and singing along to the final few songs).
    Throughout our wedding, our guests were on the dance floor the entire time! Dave played a perfect mix of music to keep the crowd up and dancing and having fun. He was very in tune to the crowd and the event. He is not a flashy / obnoxious DJ, which we appreciated. His focus is on playing great music and keeping the party going!!
    One small thoughtful detail (before the dancing started) that I loved - during my dad's toast, he briefly mentioned Peter, Paul, and Mary in one of the memories that he shared. Dave picked up on this and transitioned seamlessly into a PPM song as we were hugging my dad and the next course was being served.
    The evening was perfect and Dave was a huge part of this as he kept the crowd up dancing and having the best time. We were so happy and would very highly recommend Dave!!
    Andrea Married on 07/28/2018
    Dave was great!! He was so responsive in the planning process and played just what we were looking for during the reception. He had almost every one of our guests on the dance floor right after dinner until the end of the night! Totally recommend 5 Star Events!
    J P Married on 07/13/2018
    Dave from 5 star events was awesome! It’s such a crazy day and so much going on. It meant a lot to me that Dave stayed calm and was so easy to work with. He kept the floor full!