5 Star Events DJ Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Casey

Casey · Married on 08/23/2019

Excellent experience

Our experience with DJ Dave was incredible. He truly made planning stress free and his attention to detail allowed us to fully enjoy our wedding day. He was very accommodating to all of our requests. His skill as a DJ is also impressive and he seamlessly plays off of the party as to how he will make his next move and song selection. Our guests raved about their experience on the dance floor. Highly recommend! Thanks for everything Dave!!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Emma Mackey · Married on 08/09/2019

Seamless & Unforgettable

DJ Dave was amazing to work with and made our experience so enjoyable. The process in choosing songs was seamless and easy. His attentiveness and responsiveness to all of our questions made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Day of he delivered nothing but the best! He brings an amazing presence to the room and makes sure your night is unforgettable. The lighting packing he suggested definitely took our wedding reception to the next level - highly recommend. Thanks DJ Dave you are awesome!!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Deb

Deb · Married on 07/26/2019

One of the best parts of our wedding

Dave was so wonderful to work with. He was quick and accommodating in answering all of our questions. His services from ceremony music, cocktail hour, to the reception were second to none. This was the easiest and most fun part of our wedding. I can't thank you enough Dave and 5 Star Events.

Sent on 07/28/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you so much! It means the world to me that my couples get exactly what they want, and it's an enjoyable experience :-).

Wishing you, and Matt a lifetime of happiness!

Matthew Baum · Married on 07/19/2019

DJ Dave is Amazing and Flexible

My Wife and I requested a lot from our DJ. From Multiple entrance songs, to surprise dances, to working with me months before our wedding to ensure we were on the same page. I can not say enough with how amazing and flexible DJ Dave was for my wife and I. He met all of our expectations and more. If you are looking for a DJ that understands that your wedding night is YOUR NIGHT I recommend DJ Dave and 5 Star Events.

Sent on 07/27/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you!!! Your wedding will easily go down as one of the most memorable. 500 weddings down the road it will still stand out. I know how hard you and Abby worked to make it go down exactly the way it did. I just consider myself fortunate to have gotten to be part of it.

I wish you both all the best!!

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2019

5 Star verified!

DJ Dave will be exactly what you want because he truly listens to you, understands what you’re looking for, and executes it better than you could have asked for. I did immense research on a dj for our wedding. I have been to countless weddings and the music and flow are what make or break the event. Dave was professional and energetic from the first encounter. He took notes on everything we talked about at our initial meeting. His formatting and online system is very easy to use when choosing music and explaining the days timeline. What is unique about Dave is that you don’t feel like there’s just a playlist running. However, he doesn’t interject himself either. Dave just “gets it”. He worked incredibly well with all of my vendors and keeping the flow. I had an artist sing for my ceremony/cocktail hour but he still worked with her to ensure everything was smooth. That is very important the day of. Most importantly, everyone was on the dance floor the entire evening! Dave is the reason all of our friends and family are still saying it was the most fun wedding they’ve been to. We are so grateful for making our day classy but fun!

Sent on 07/26/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your review!! This is exactly why I love what I do. I get to work with couples like you, and Adam to help bring your vision to life :-). Your friends and family made the experience beyond fun!

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!!

Andrew Mcgloine · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent experience!

Working with 5 Star Events was fantastic from start to finish. Dave Hodges made everything easy, from selecting songs for the playlist on the website to discussing MC plans for the entire wedding ceremony and reception. All aspects of the day went as smooth as could be thanks to Dave's attention to detail and professionalism. And all of our guests could not stop raving about the music selection. Dave and 5 Star Events have our highest recommendation!

Sent on 07/23/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Mary and Andy I can't say enough how genuinely awesome it was to work with you both. I had fun from the beginning all the way to the bitter end! Thank you for choosing 5 Star Events! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

Five Star Events lives up to its name!

Dave was easy to work with and professional! His site was great, he was easy to get in touch with, and most importantly, he had the dance floor going all night!! Thanks Dave!

Sent on 06/22/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thanks Emily! Your family was an absolute blast!! Always out on the dance-floor. I'm so happy you used 5 Star Events! Also I didn't forget your playlist :-), it's coming soon. Best Wishes!!

Dave · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing!!!

DJ Dave Hodges did a phenomenal job as the DJ at our wedding! He had a great mix of styles and kept the dance floor rocking all day long! We couldn't have been happier! Everybody raved about him and his selections. Thank You Dave!!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank You! It was really amazing to get out on the harbor, and celebrate with such a fun bunch of people. I wish you and Kristina the absolute best!!

Nicole Downey · Married on 05/11/2019

Book Dave!!!

Dave was the perfect wedding DJ! He took the time to meet with us in person before the wedding and his online portal made it easy to select songs and schedule the day. We had a Day wedding so we were not sure if people would dance but everyone was on the dance floor the entire time! Dave is also so nice and easygoing. I would work with him again in a heartbeat. Thanks Dave!

Sent on 06/08/2019

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole & Pat!!! Weddings like yours are why I love my job. I want to wish you, and Pat a lifetime of happiness. Thanks for choosing 5 Star Events :-)

Dave Hodges
  • Nick

Nick Savides · Married on 04/05/2019

Friendly and accommodating

I was working as a videographer at one of the weddings where Dave was the DJ. I reached out to him before the wedding to make sure that I could record an audio feed from his equipment. He got back to me right away and offered several helpful options. Then he set aside time to work with me on the wedding day, which is not something that always happens. He was friendly to me and the guests, and from what I could tell the crowd seemed to enjoy his music (which included some lesser-known songs that had special significance to the bride and groom) and his enthusiasm. He made the wedding shoot that much easier for me, so I am confident that he will bring exceptional service to whoever hires him.

Sent on 05/09/2019

David Levinson · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Reception

Our experience with Greg was amazing. From start to finish, he made the whole process of planning the reception incredibly easy. He listened to our suggestions, helped to guide us when we veered off course, and he was on top of all the details. All of our guests could not stop talking about how great Greg was and how much they loved the music -- from the song selections to the order in which they were played. Music really does make all the difference, and so does Greg!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Katelyn · Married on 09/08/2018

Dave was absolutely awesome at our wedding! He was great during the whole planning process and answered any questions we had. We made a special request for a 90's/early 00's montage and Dave had the whole place dancing and singing along. I'll admit I'm a bit picky about music, and we added a ton of songs we wanted to here throughout the night. We were able to specify what songs we wanted during cocktail hour, dinner, or reception and choose which songs for the montage. Dave was receptive to all of it and everyone loved the music!
    We also had 5 Star provide the uplighting for the room and had them create a monogram which was shown on the floor which was also a huge hit and looks great in pics. We definitely recommend using 5 Star for your wedding or other events!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Nico · Married on 08/26/2018

Djing perfected

We had the pleasure of having Dave DJ our wedding at Wychmere in late August of this year. Dave fulfilled all of our requests to the T. The before-hand planning was so simple with the 5 Star website, and Dave brought truly professional, unique suggestions that made a big difference at the reception. The way that he was able to blend our traditional Greek dancing with the modern Dance/Pop songs that we had asked for was awesome. Our biggest compliment from guests at our wedding were the fact that the dance floor was crowded and the life of the party throughout the event. Him and I (the groom) also had a nice back and forth throughout the night; he made some changes on the fly for us and it kept the party lively. Really rang true to be the best night of our lives and Dave was a big part of that.

100% will recommend to friends & family in the area for any event.

Sent on 11/20/2018

5 Star Events DJ's reply:

Thanks for this awesome review Nico!! I will never forget your wedding! The energy was on point all night long. I can't thank you enough for choosing 5 Star Events to be a part of your wedding. I can't wait to see all of the pictures!

All the Best,
    Dave Hodges
    5 Star Events

Heather · Married on 08/04/2018

Dave Hodges was the DJ for our wedding at Wychmere on 8/4/18 and he was excellent!!! He was one of our favorite vendors and we would very highly recommend him. Leading up to the wedding, he was fantastic to work with - so relaxed, patient, and flexible. He offered great suggestions and ideas we hadn't thought about.
    He listened carefully and was responsive to our needs and concerns. During the time when we were planning our wedding, we attended a friend's wedding where we felt the music and evening ended abruptly. This freaked us out so we told Dave about the experience; he assured us that was very different from what he does and talked us through his approach to wind down the evening (which he executed perfectly!!! We were so impressed with how he closed out the night - I still remember everyone on the dance floor with us and singing along to the final few songs).
    Throughout our wedding, our guests were on the dance floor the entire time! Dave played a perfect mix of music to keep the crowd up and dancing and having fun. He was very in tune to the crowd and the event. He is not a flashy / obnoxious DJ, which we appreciated. His focus is on playing great music and keeping the party going!!
    One small thoughtful detail (before the dancing started) that I loved - during my dad's toast, he briefly mentioned Peter, Paul, and Mary in one of the memories that he shared. Dave picked up on this and transitioned seamlessly into a PPM song as we were hugging my dad and the next course was being served.
    The evening was perfect and Dave was a huge part of this as he kept the crowd up dancing and having the best time. We were so happy and would very highly recommend Dave!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Andrea · Married on 07/28/2018

Dave was great!! He was so responsive in the planning process and played just what we were looking for during the reception. He had almost every one of our guests on the dance floor right after dinner until the end of the night! Totally recommend 5 Star Events!

Sent on 08/11/2018

J P · Married on 07/13/2018

Dave from 5 star events was awesome! It’s such a crazy day and so much going on. It meant a lot to me that Dave stayed calm and was so easy to work with. He kept the floor full!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Marissa · Married on 06/23/2018

On point the entire time. Precise, professional, presentable. Managed the timeline well, website and requests were easy, regular check-ins leading up to the date, coordinated on his own with other vendors. Fairly priced

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kendra · Married on 06/23/2018

DJ Dave and 5 Star Events truly lives up to the name. I looked at a few DJs prior to Dave and found most of them were not really listening to what I wanted. Music was of particular importance because my husband and I are ballroom dancers; so we had some MUST haves that other DJs would never address. The second I talked to Dave, he knew ballroom dancing was my concern. He reassured us and asked great clarifying questions the whole time to guarantee we would have the wedding we wanted.

Dave was also great at getting everyone to dance. Many of my family members don’t do ballroom so he did a seamless job of mixing in modern dancey music and fun 80s music like the YMCA that everyone would want. Many of my guests were commenting on how they saw their siblings getting up that they never saw dance before. His reading of the crowd was just that good!

He was also super professional throughout the whole process. He would always get back to us in a timely manner and take the initiative to check-in-with us. He even thought about what song was best for me to walk down the aisle to when I was having trouble fine tuning everything.

Finally, he runs everything past you. Some of our relatives wanted to have him hand over the mic, but he wouldn’t because it was never on the schedule. This man is truly there to do what you want and will supersede what you even imagine with his own touches. I HIGHLY recommend this company!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Tory · Married on 05/06/2018

After an exhaustive search, we decided to go with 5 Star Events for our wedding because every reviewer before us had given them 5 stars, and our initial inquiries to them were met with professional and prompt responses. 5 Star Events definitely live up to their 5-star name. Dave was the DJ that ended up doing our wedding and reception, and he was extremely accommodating to our specific requests, and able to really help us with song choices and get an overall game plan going for the reception. We went in clueless and thanks to Dave, we really felt reassured about the set-up we had for our big day. He played songs we requested, and made sure not to play ones we put on the super helpful "Do not play" list on their website, making for a stellar playlist that was completely us, and set the mood(s) perfectly. Dave was also very accommodating to our belated request that he provide music for our outdoor wedding ceremony, which went off like a dream! The guys at 5 Star Events are so incredibly nice, easy to approach, and definitely work with you to make your day one of a kind. So glad all of those 5-star responses led us to 5 Star Events. Highly recommended!

Tory & Josh

Sent on 05/16/2018

E · Married on 10/21/2017

5 Star Events and particularly DJ Dave are INCREDIBLE. Do yourself (and your wedding guests) a favor and HIRE THESE GUYS NOW.

I'll be honest, when we looked at the website and the list of most-requested songs, we were a little worried, BUT this was a prime example of not trusting a book by it's...er...website. Please, DO NOT be dissuaded by the somewhat sketchy website or the dated pictures on this site!!!

DJ Dave totally got the vibe we were going for. We told him we did not want any of the standard wedding stuff -- no Electric Slide, Dancing in September, Celebrate, etc. -- and he totally stuck to that. We also told him we didn't want any songs that were particularly explicit or gross, and he said he wouldn't play that sort of stuff anyway (phew!). We told him a few of our "must play" songs, and he quickly suggested several others that we were like "oh, yeah, we totally love that song." He seamlessly transitioned over the course of the evening from perfect dancing music to 90s classics, which were perfect for belting along to at that point in the evening. Our reception went from 7:30 to 1 am, and he kept the crowd rocking the whole time (to the point where my husband's cousins started cheering for an encore at the end!).

Leading up to the event, he was responsive, attentive and flexible. He made time to chat with us late at night and on the weekends. My husband and I work long hours during the week, so this was extremely appreciated. And every time we spoke, Dave quickly "got" what we were saying and made suggestions to make our event even better.

AND he was able to navigate sharing time with a band the night of...AND none of the band members spoke a lick of English. AMAZING.

Four words of advice: HIRE THESE GUYS NOW.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Daniele · Married on 10/07/2017

Greg was absolutely fantastic! He helped me along the way through the entire planning process, always promptly answered my emails, and the website made everything easy to plan out. I didn't worry once on my wedding day and he really got my crowd of friends and family up and dancing, thanks for a great day!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Ryan · Married on 10/07/2017

Simply put, DJ Dave made our wedding reception. He was exactly what we wanted and played everything we asked for. His website is easy to use and navigate, especially for music requests. He was worth every penny and would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful time. Thank you for keeping the party going up in Cape Cod!

Allie and Ryan

Sent on 12/10/2017

Lizzie · Married on 09/23/2017

Dave Hodges at 5 Star Events was HANDS DOWN the best vendor we worked with throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the very beginning, he was responsive and available, and the website is super user friendly for choosing songs, scheduling speeches, listing special dances, everything. He completely understood the vibe we were going for, and he had every guest from age 18 to age 75 tearing up the dance floor all night. He did an especially amazing job of integrating our "must plays" with his own picks, which we encouraged him do as he got a sense of the crowd. The dancing music was the best, and the music earlier in the night was at a perfect background level of noise for dinner and cocktail hour - no one had trouble hearing each other. Anyways, it was perfect. We will always use 5 Star Events in the future.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/18/2017

One of my bridesmaids actually said "I was afraid to go to the bathroom or I'd lose my spot on the dance floor!!" Greg with 5 Star Events absolutely rocked our wedding. We unfortunately neglected our music until the very last minute but with a few key details Greg pulled it all together and our music was perfect! Our guests cannot stop talking about how much fun they had dancing and we didn't leave the dance floor the entire time! We cannot thank Greg enough, he didn't even complain about the hurricane!! We had an awesome experience with 5 Star Events.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Sara · Married on 08/12/2017

5 Star Events deserves that name......Dave was definitely 5 Star. Always so friendly and professional each time we talked on the phone or emailed each other. He responds right away and offers suggestions to the many questions you may have about the flow of the evening. You can tell he takes pride in his job and will do anything for you to make sure you have a fun filled evening. Our dance floor was filled the entire night (5 hours) and our guests are still talking about our reception. Thank you, Dave for an evening where long lasting memories were made. Again, you are 5 Star !

Sent on 08/28/2017