34Events Reviews

34 | Plano, TX

34 Reviews for 34Events

Daniela · Married on 09/24/2016

We had a phenomenal experience on our wedding day, and we attribute it all to Alex. In the planning process, he was very flexible and responsive to all our questions. Alex was always available to take meetings with us to fit our schedule. He also had great suggestions throughout the process as we would talk through our vision for the wedding, and that I loved how they worked out on the actual day. He is a true professional.
    We thought the pricing was fair, and well-laid out which is why we signed our contract with him. His packages are capable of being all inclusive, and being able to take care of the venue, food, liquor, linens, china, and photography in one contract was a huge weight off of our shoulders. I highly recommend taking this route to save yourself a lot of time and stress. Every detail was of great quality and value. We can say that Alex has become a great friend to us throughout the experience. We even took a little time at our reception to celebrate his birthday. 34 Events was the perfect venue for us.

Sent on 10/14/2016

J.P. · Married on 07/02/2016

Alex is a creative and talented professional who was incredibly generous and understanding when working with us. We got a great deal and when we had fewer people RSVP than expected, he made sure we still got value for what we paid, despite it not being contractually required. The kind of insight a world-class photographer brings when putting together an exceptional reception venue makes all the difference... and on top of that, almost every time we saw Alex at the venue (aside from our special day) he was the one with working gloves on doing something to improve his venue - it's just a perfect reflection of his dedication and character to not be afraid to get dirty and get things done. The food his caterer provided was also unbelievably delicious. I'm honestly one of the pickiest eaters in the world and I loved everything they served us. We got the chicken cordon bleu and when we had the same dish on our honeymoon at a fancy restaurant, it didn't even come close to being as well prepared. Our event was beyond special and exactly matched the style and atmosphere we wanted. You won't regret choosing 34 Events for your event or Alex for your photography needs.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Liz · Married on 09/09/2017

I'm still in awe about this venue, food, and service!!!!! Everything was so AMAZING!! Alex made this moment so easy for all of us! They provided everything and everything they provided was the best quality. I have no complains. Very happy and pleased.... couldn't asked for a better venue for our 10 year anniversary!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Charlie · Married on 03/18/2017

34 Events is a beautiful venue needing minimal decorations for any event. Alex was fantastic to work with and was extremely flexible throughout all the phases of our event. Additionally (and maybe most importantly for some), Alex provided tremendous value for the services we received in our package. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to host an event in the area.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Katherine · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue was absolutely fantastic, it checked all of the boxes for us! It was affordable and included a lot of the amenities we were hoping for. The beautiful wood floors and brick on the walls made it so that we really didn't have to do very much to make it look nice! Working with Alex was really easy and his staff was fantastic. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great, turn-key venue!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Daniel · Married on 05/06/2016

We only looked at a few venues before booking with 34 Events, and we cannot be happier that we did. Alex, who is the owner and a photographer, was extremely accommodating to our needs and wishes. Their flexibility far exceeds any other venues we looked at, and the fact that you can do everything 'in-house' made planning really simple.

Even though they were a new business/venue for weddings, any minor kinks in the beginning were well worth it on the day of. We were extremely happy with the end product and we've received nothing but glowing compliments from the guests about the venue.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Ana · Married on 04/28/2017

3.5

My sister found 34 Events for my Fi & I and we could not be happier that she did. From the moment we saw the venue we absolutely loved it. The brick walls give the venue such a great look and the wooden floors are beautiful. Alex owns the venue and he is so accommodating and helpful. He answered all our questions so promptly and was available for anything we needed. We used the caterer that Alex provided. The food tasting was wonderful, he was so attentive and made sure to talk to us about all the food options he had and helped us build our menu. Because we booked all through Alex, he offered us two complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Our guests have not stopped talking about how delicious the food was.. Our servers were amazing and so attentive. Alex also provided the bartenders, who were awesome, we had two bars.
    We also used the photo booth that Alex had with the props he provided. It was set up after dinner and our guests loved it. The photo booth prints out two copies of each photo session, we let our guests keep both copies as Alex provided digital copies of all photos taken throughout the rental period.
    We had the string light set up in the venue and a beautiful greenery piece that hung over our dance floor that Alex provided and it gave it such a magical look. I wanted a unique layout for our head table and Alex was willing to work with me and made it happen.
    We had about 220-230 guests attend our wedding and a large crowd dancing, even though the AC was on it felt hot while dancing so Alex brought out fans and it helped so much. It’s things like this that show that Alex was on the lookout to make sure our guests had a great time and were comfortable throughout the night.
    Since we got married on a Friday and there was no Thursday event, Alex allowed for our wedding planner to begin setup on Thursday. I just cannot say enough good things about how accommodating, helpful, and thoughtful Alex is.
    I highly recommend 34 Events and Alex.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Kate · Married on 12/31/2017

We were looking at another venue, but we were frustrated with the pricing structure. Since we were on a budget and planning our wedding from out-of-town, we needed someone who would work with us and make the process easier. Alex gave us an affordable package that included so much of what we needed. It took a lot of stress off of planning from afar. The venue is charming, and Alex is receptive to your ideas for setup, decor, and menu. The day of was great, and our friends and family seemed to really enjoy the venue. One note to mention - It would be helpful to have some kind of event order to help keep track of the nitty gritty details and make sure client and venue are on the same page. Alex also took our wedding photos - we love them! He captured some lovely shots and even brought in a second photographer to help catch different angles and moments.

Sent on 04/10/2018

Lashuna · Married on 11/21/2015

1.0

It is very unfortunate that I have to write a negative review for this business. My husband and I paid in installments to have a wedding here and was verbally told many exciting things by Alex's assistant Hanna such as how she would assist in coordinating our wedding. We paid a total of $8,000 out of $12,000 starting on 6/20/15 for a wedding planned for 11/21/2015. The picture we were painted was totally different than what we experienced from the time we paid until the time we decided to cancel which was in mid August 2015.

When we agreed to have our wedding here, the building was still under renovation, so we had only thus far seen an empty building and only pictures of what it would look like. We were told that beginning of July the place would be ready and that we could then have a tour. Well that never happened. In fact, no one contacted us regarding our wedding the WHOLE of July. Being that it was less than 6 months away I began to become anxious. Haven't seen the building, tables, table cloths, decor, nothing! Yet we continued paying on faith which was a risk we didn't want to continue to take. Finally in mid August I decided to reach out, HELLO??? To find out what was going on and ask many questions, one mainly being touring the finished product. Hanna responded back the next day starting her email off with "Sorry for the delayed response, we were at a destination wedding in Chicago".... This only offended me more because here we are having already blindly paid $8,000 towards our wedding scheduled now 3 months away, no one has done or contacted us that this place was ready to be toured, nothing about catering, about the decor, or even the engagement photos that was supposed to be included. And this is how you start your response to me?! I got a strong feeling of being unimportant to say the least.
    So we decided to cancel the wedding and with our signed contracts stating that there would be a FULL refund if the event was canceled at least 90 days in adv

Sent on 12/29/2016