3 Way Street Sound Reviews

3 Way Street Sound 4
3 Way Street Sound 5
3 Way Street Sound 6

Amber · Getting married on 08/17/2019

We got married a year and a half ago and our friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had at our reception and that our DJ was amazing! We had music that he had never heard of that we wanted to play and he found it for us. He let us pick what we wanted but through some of his own in also and it fit perfect. Very professional and personable. I have been to many weddings and by far the best DJ I have heard. Made the reception unique to us. Was honored to have 3 Way Street Sound DJ our wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2011
  • Tim

Tim Brevart · Married on 11/24/2018

The perfect reception for us and our guests’

Robert came recommended to us as a friend of the family. He was instantaneous to respond and within a week we had set up an in-person meeting so that he could get to know us and we could go over the music details. He’s clearly very experienced, offering many suggestions for music according to the types of groups present (high school/college friends, younger/older attendees, etc) as well as music for traditional reception activities like the bouquet and garter toss. He easily worked with our venue and wedding planner to coordinate all sound effects and timed events and delivered an absolutely dynamite experience for us and our guests! He knew exactly how to rouse the crowd and then calm the room down when necessary, but had almost our entire 180 person attendance dancing almost all night. He is an absolute professional who also happens to be kind with an exceptional sense of humor and really invests in getting to know those who hire him. I cannot recommend Robert and the 3 Way Street Sound team highly enough!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Julia Tully · Married on 10/13/2018

Fun, Reasonably Priced, and Wonderful!

We had such a great experience with 3-Way Street Sound, especially with Robert. We put our DJ selection off until pretty close to the wedding, and were lucky that Robert was available for us. He was so much fun- when we first met him, he took the time to understand how we wanted our day to go, and totally got who we were and what kind of party we wanted to have. He played music that everyone could dance to, and asked us for a playlist of songs we definitely wanted and songs we definitely didn't want. He was so kind, and he had a great time, too- his energy and skills made our day perfect. The price was also very reasonable, and worth every penny!

Sent on 11/20/2018

3 Way Street Sound's reply:

Hi Julia, Thanks so much for your kind words. It's true, I am super passionate about ensuring that my couple's wedding day is the best time of their lives! That said, you, Tom and your families and friends we so much fun and so easy to work with, we also had a great time! All the best, Robert.

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

We met Robert and his team at the Philly Wedding Expo and we were struck by his passion for DJing and his mission to get the crowd dancing and grooving. Our family and friends like to dance, so we weren't looking for a DJ that talked a lot on the microphone, or were teaching line dances to the group... we just wanted someone who could do some nice introductions and throw down some good tunes. Robert and his team definitely delivered. We met twice- once to meet to discuss music and price, and the second time we met at the venue to show him the space and to discuss specifics for the wedding day. He was a good listener and you can tell he is very passionate about DJing. We had a difficult set up- he needed to have equipment at three different locations, since we needed music at the ceremony location, cocktail location, and reception location- all separate spaces and he had enough equipment to handle that. We also had some specifics- we needed him to play at least 2 specific latin songs for our puerto rican aunts, and he integrated a short latin set seamlessly in to the reception dancing. We got compliments on the music he selected- a mix of oldies and new music, all with a funky dance beat to them- music that everyone can dance to. We danced the whole night and Robert definitely has the ability to feel the crowd and pick songs that blend into each other that kept everyone dancing. I would highly recommend his DJ services!

Sent on 06/18/2018
    3 Way Street Sound 11
    3 Way Street Sound 12
  • W

William · Married on 05/04/2018

Working with Rob and 3 Way Street Sound for our wedding was a fantastic experience. Rob was extremely professional, courteous, attentive, and communicative. He coordinated the audio for our ceremony and cocktail hour (all in different spots of the same venue) without a hitch. He also played a great selection of music that got our guests dancing, while steering clear of our relatively large do-not-play list. Overall, I'd highly recommend using 3 Way Street Sound if you're looking for a DJ in the Philly area.

We met with Rob several times before the wedding day to discuss songs, timing, and logistics, and Rob offered great advice and recommendations during these sessions. During the reception, Rob was in constant contact to make sure we were on time and were hitting the songs we wanted to. He even filled in for me for a dance when I was just too tired and hungry...my wife loved it. You can tell that Rob really enjoys what he does, and loves to ensure that his customers (and their guests) have a great night. Thanks, Rob!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Brian · Married on 03/10/2018

We used 3 Way Street Sound for our wedding and they were amazing! Robert was professionally and courteous, he answered every question we had prior to the wedding promptly. At the reception the playlist was perfect, the DJ had a true talent for reading the room and determining what song would fit the spirit of the party. My wife and I strongly recommend this company.

Sent on 06/27/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Nesterenko · Married on 10/07/2017

Simply fantastic!

3 Way Street Sound was the perfect choice for our wedding. The song selection was great, appealed to all age groups, & got everyone dancing. Our reception was held outdoors on a family farm & despite the non traditional venue Robert delivered 100%. He even played later than agreed upon when the mother of the bride wanted to keep dancing! So thrilled that we chose 3 Way Street & would 100% recommend.

Sent on 01/27/2019

John · Married on 08/13/2017

Where do we start? Rob and I have known each other since the 70's, and was always a kind personable guy. When I was reminded that he was still DJing, I mentioned it to my future husband, we set up a time to meet and we picked up right where we left off back in elementary school. Rob and his son, did an awesome job at our ceremony, and reception. He provided a mic for the minister, and the solo singer , and then had a second set up all ready for the PARTY. All of our guest's had a blast and danced all afternoon. He is very professional on the mic, gets people involved but is no way one of those guys that enjoy hearing his own voice all night. Give him a chance and you won't be sorry. Thanks again Rob, for a memorable day.
    Johnny and George Alindayu/Crescenti

Sent on 07/03/2018

Sue · Married on 06/24/2017

Robert was great! He met up with us to get to know us as a couple. He did a great job getting our guests to dance all night, without making it look like a nightclub. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/06/2017

Robert was extremely accommodating meeting us in person prior to booking with him. He really embraced our vision for the big day and executed the evening flawlessly. He provided sound system for the ceremony in addition to DJ-ing the reception. He incorporated our list of preferred songs with some variety that worked really well. He transitioned well from the 1st dance, to the hora, to party music. We and all of our guests had an awesome time dancing all night !

Sent on 05/15/2017

Mary · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ Rob was a great pick from the start, he was quick and easy to communicate with. We were immediately at ease after our first meeting and felt he knew exactly what we want and gave great feedback. He took a few suggestion from us on our music taste, then he took it from there. He was smooth with all the introductions of our bridal party which was over 20 people. The dance floor was busy all night and each song transitioned perfectly into the next song. Not only did he bring the music he also had great up lighting for us as well. We highly recommend DJ Rob for your future wedding, you will be in good hands and have one less thing to stress about!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2017

Robert was engaged, professional, and flexible. We had several issues with the reception venue, and Robert handled them all capably and with a smile. In the end, he provided fantastic music without adding any stress and handled on-the-spot requests quickly and correctly every time. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 03/24/2017

3 Way Street Sound's reply:

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure and an honor to be part of your wedding celebration! I really enjoyed working with and for you and Dennis. The super eclectic music list was so much fun and your guests were great with there responses to the songs and their requests. All the best!
    Robert Hallinan

Kerry&Garrett · Married on 11/26/2016

Mr. Hallinan is a good family friend but he acted very professionally and did a great job with the music! Having him there have me one less thing to worry about because I knew he would play what best suited the event! Everyone complimented the music and said how fun it was!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

Robert did an amazing job at our wedding reception!! The dancing was non-stop! Everyone had a great time. The songs he played were so on point and he can definitely feel the crowd and know what to play next. He did a great mix of oldie, throwbacks and new music to keep the whole crowd, young and old, on the dance floor. My grandpop, who has trouble walking, couldn't resist getting on the dance floor! Many guests raved the next day at what an awesome job our DJ did. My dad had a surprise serenade, where all our guests sang to me and my groom, and Robert made it go off without a hitch! Would recommend Robert and 3 Way Street Sound to anyone looking for a nonstop dance party!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Robert was a fantastic choice for our DJ- I couldn't have hoped for better. My husband and I had very specific, and somewhat out of the norm, requests regarding the music for the ceremony- but thanks to Robert- everything went wonderfully. As did the announcements, cocktail hour, and the reception- the entire event. He had the dance floor packed and helped keep the evening flowing. Everything from start to finish with him was great- he really listens to what you have to say- and works with you every step of the way to make it happen. His professionalism and experience were quite apparent throughout- and his experience especially was a great asset to me, as I had questions about timing, etc. I would definitely use him again if I have the opportunity.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Carolyn · Married on 10/27/2013

Rob was great! We set up a meeting at our venue (public place) to go over our expectations. He provided an information form which we filled out with all our information. After we sent the form in we had a few more items and tidbits that we wanted from him. He was very responsive and never bothered us for information. During the wedding everything was perfect! He played great dinner music after dinner he played great music to keep the dancing going. He listened to all our wishes and we have zero complaints. We would recommend 3 Way Street to anyone that needs a DJ for any event!!!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Robert is an awesome DJ! I am very pleased with the work that he did at our wedding. Our wedding was a little challenging because we had a mixed crowd of people and wasn't sure if we were going to be able to accommodate everyone's musical taste. Robert had all the bases covered and the dance floor stayed full the entire night! He was easy to work with and played all the music that was requested to be played. We highly recommend him, he will not disappoint.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Robert was awesome! He's so flexible...let's you choose as little or as much music as you want. We decided on a mix of our choices and his. He was available to meet in person and over the phone, and he was always so personable and great to work with. When it came to the wedding, he did an AWESOME job. A lot of people complimented us on the music. People were dancing the whole time. He knows what people like, and people really responded. None of the cheesy wedding music. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Joe · Married on 07/14/2012

Rob was great, he made our wedding one to remember!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Colleen · Married on 06/16/2012

Robert- the best DJ ever!!! You will not be disappointed. Robert -thank you for making our daughter's wedding so much fun. We know you had a long day but you never once looked tired - just energetic and full of life. You're a great guy and we look forward to you being our DJ again for future weddings. Everyone tells me you were so eager to play the songs they requested. Rich and I were too busy to notice what was going on but you certainly made sure our guests were happy. Thank you so much!!!
    Sincerely, Colleen and Rich

Sent on 07/05/2012

Jamie · Married on 06/02/2012

I absolutely loved our DJ, Robert Hallinan!!! I am not one for music but he walked me through the different types of music that he normally plays at different times through out the night for a formal wedding. He made the process so easy for me. During the actual wedding he was fantastic. To start it off, he was all dressed up in a tuxedo (very nice). He made sure he pronounced the bridal names correctly during introductions! He made me his #1 priority all night, what ever I wanted he would do. I can't forget to mention that his music selection was a hit all night long, I was on the dance floor the whole time!!!!! I had the BEST time at my wedding, and I owe a big thanks to having a great DJ for getting everyone out on the dance floor with me!!!! I highly recommend Robert, he was amazing and you can really tell that he enjoys DJing too! Thanks Robert!! Happiest Bride Ever ~ Jamie

Sent on 06/13/2012

Shawnee · Married on 05/26/2012

Rob Halinan did a great job at our wedding. He was amazing with reading the crowd an playing music accordingly. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Because I was planning a PA wedding from GA I had my mother and sister meet Robert after I had spoken to him on the phone. His price suited my budget and he was very professional over the phone. He made a very good first impression for my mom and sister. Robert was very responsive to my questions. I was very confident in him and had no worries for the wedding day. I gave him a short list of "must play" and "do not play" songs, and also gave him a few suggestions of the type of music my husband and I are interested in hearing. With that flexibility, he put together an amazing playlist that kept my guests on the dance floor all night... and even an additiional 1/2 hour! We transitioned through all of the events of the night very smoothly, as well.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Dear K.,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. It was certainly a pleasure for me to DJ & MC your wedding reception! Your family and friends were such a fun group and you were absolutely stunning! As is my custom, there was no fee for the additional half hour, I only wish we had another hour or two to play, it was so much fun!

Thank you also for entrusting me with such a high profile role on such an important day. I'm sure you could see how committed I am to do everything possible to ensure that everything is perfect.

My goal is always the same; I want the bride and groom to be able to look back and say, "My wedding day was the most fun day of my life!" I wish you and your husband every happiness!

Kindest Regards,

Robert
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/17/2012

The DJ was the most important vendor to us when planning the wedding. I apologize if my review is long! Before the wedding I asked many friends for their opinions, what they all disliked about weddings they attended and they filled me in on some horror stories about the DJ, playing only one genre, messing up on the bride and grooms names, not having the crowd dancing and not to hire a Schaffer Sound DJ. I took in what all friends had told me and when interviewing DJ’s made note of everything and read the reviews. We also knew that we wanted a DJ with experience. We were so glad that we picked 3 way street sound, they were the best. Friends and family are still calling for our DJ’s info. Can’t wait to rehire 3 Way Street Sound. Thanks so much Robert you did such a great job!

Sent on 04/29/2012