3 Cats Photo Reviews

3 Cats Photo 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Hirshman · Married on 05/31/2019

The best photographer

After our wedding, our biggest advice to couples is to like your photographer because you'll spend a lot of your day with them. Beth and her team were fabulous and made us so comfortable through out the photo process. We weren't very familiar with taking professional photos, so having the engagement session with Beth was so helpful because we got to know her and were able to get more comfortable with being in front of the camera. All of our family and wedding party were raving about working with her. The photos are breathtaking and beyond anything we expected. Her turn around is amazingly fast too- we were able to see a preview album within days of our wedding. Overall, we highly recommend Beth.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Casey · Married on 05/04/2019

The best vendor choice we made!!!

I knew I had to have Beth as our photographer the moment she sent me her first email. It contained a pages on pages of information and the type A person I am was in heaven with all the attention to detail. When I chatted with her on the phone, it was further confirmed - Not only is Beth an amazing person that genuinely cares about all her couples, their pets, families, etc. but she is in a class of her own when it comes to photography. It's easy to see that her work is marks about the average wedding photographer. It's one thing to be skillful using a camera, but it's a whole separate feat to be able to put your couples at ease in front of it and bring out their best selves, their smiles, their intimate moments and what makes them unique. It was hard to believe I hadn't met Beth before our engagement photos - she was so friendly, it seemed like I had known her for years. And somehow she managed to get incredibly romantic photos of my fiancé and I which solidified her talents as we are not the romantic-in-front-of-a-camera type. At one point, I got a package in the mail of these beautiful cards with our names on it and some super tasty treats. And who was it from? My awesome photographer! So thoughtful. Leading up to the big day, she made countless edits to my timeline at my request and was super supportive of every decision I made. When we had an unfortunate first meeting with our DOC, Beth came to the rescue in helping us find someone else. On the day of, I was so at ease when she showed up. She had everything under control and managed to keep a calm presence as she expertly directed my bridesmaids and Mom as they posed for photos. Her significant experience is evident as she offered suggestions on where to pause and breathe when walking down the aisle, enjoy that walk back up, etc. I will say, booking my photographer was the thing I cared the most about. I did HOURS of research and had multiple calls/emails between many. I don't know how I ended up coming across 3 Cats Photo but I am so glad I did. Your photographer is by your side your entire day. Its one thing if they take great images but its EVERYTHING if they are also an amazing human being and put you at ease. Her team is just as amazing! Shout out to Amy for making me laugh just as my nerves escalated and to Mark for always asking for just one more shot (I love lots of pictures). This team is top notch, I could literally write on about them for days. They were, hands down, our best wedding decision (aside from getting married!).

Sent on 05/08/2019

Jackie W · Married on 01/01/2019

Amazing experience!

Beth was the best!! She was so responsive, warm, excited, and easy to work with. As a lesbian couple, it was also super important to me to find an LGBT friendly photographer. Beth was so loving and affirming from our very first contact with her. I recommend without reservation!!!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Sara

Sara Power · Married on 11/17/2018

The Best in the Business

I apologize in advance, because I know nothing that I write here will truly capture how incredible Beth is. She was with us from our engagement pictures through the wedding. She is responsive, creative, flexible, and, above all else, loving. She truly wanted our wedding day to be the best experience possible, and made it exactly that. She met all of our wants and needs, and then some. The pictures do the talking for themselves, but the thing I appreciate most is that Beth had sneak peeks to us in less than twelve hours. She also contacted me the next morning to ensure she got everything, should we need to gather people one last time before they traveled. Beth is the best in the business, and her team is outstanding. If you don't book with her, you're truly missing out.

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2018

I could not have dreamed of a better experience

Besides choosing my husband, choosing Beth (and the 3cats team) was my favorite decision I made for our wedding. She is outstanding. Her talent is undeniable, and the photographs are so beautiful. Along with our family and friends, we have gushed over the pictures, stunned and grateful that they are ours to keep and cherish forever.

Beth is incredibly responsive and organized, and knows how a wedding should run. She makes being in front of a camera feel natural, calm, and even fun. Our engagement shoot felt like we were hanging out with good friends, who just so happened to be snapping amazing pictures. She made us feel so special!

Somehow, Beth’s talent is matched by her kindness and magnetism. Not only is Beth an extremely talented photographer, she is the best kind of person; warm, compassionate, lovely. The kind of person you want nearby during a special day, and any regular day too.

I am so thrilled by my experience with Beth (and Beth & Amy, too!). I highly recommend 3 Cats Photo, and I know you will be as happy as we are.

Sent on 12/22/2018
    3 Cats Photo 19
    3 Cats Photo 20
    3 Cats Photo 21

Chloe Terrell · Married on 10/20/2018

Beth is the best! Hands down!

Beth is INCREDIBLE! She has a special place in my heart without a doubt. I cannot say enough good things about her. She was amazing to work with for our wedding! She and our wedding planner, Elise Scheeren, feel like family at this point. They were truly a dream team! It was awesome to see how well Beth collaborated with our videographer (Mark Yeattes) as well especially just meeting for the first time, the day of our wedding.

Beth is EXTREMELY talented. From Day 1, she made both my husband and I feel so comfortable. Before even meeting her in person, she sent us a package with very sweet and thoughtful goodies that we did not expect! So kind of her! We met her for the first time at our engagement photos and I felt like I knew her for years. My husband hates taking photos and he also shared how comfortable he felt working with her. She was very creative and gave us a ton of different options! We had a blast! We were extremely happy with our engagement photos! Throughout our wedding journey, she was very helpful and always responded very quickly. She always made herself available if I had questions about anything. We do not live in Charlottesville so she gave us great advice in addition to our wedding planner.

I felt so calm seeing her and her assistant photographers the day of our wedding. They were all so awesome. Beth brought a lot of great energy and a special light to our day. She is so hard working and extremely thoughtful! The day of our wedding she wanted to make sure we got every shot we wanted. I cannot express enough how beautiful our photos were. She captured so many sweet moments that we will cherish forever. I am not sure if I am speaking photography language when I say this, but we could not get over the coloring of our photos. We did get married on a beautiful day in October; however, she took our photos to another level. We looked extremely natural in them as well so she is very skilled in any editing that was needed. We received an unbelievable and thorough sneak peek/preview a few days after our wedding!!! We were shocked to receive so many photos so quickly and cannot believe we have more to come! My family and I were in tears looking at them all together. We continue to receive endless compliments on our wedding photos thanks to Beth!

I do not want to ruin any surprises she may do for future couples but she did leave us with a very special something for both of our families the night of our wedding. Who does that?! The night of our wedding? Only Beth!

If you have the opportunity to have Beth as your photographer, I would not think twice! We love you Beth! Thank you for everything you captured on our wedding day! I cannot wait to show our future kids our special day and that has a lot to do with you!

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/03/2018

Hiring 3 Cats Photo for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Beth takes the time to get to know each of her couples and makes it feel personal. She works with you to make sure you are comfortable and happy with the process and is up for any idea you have. One of the most frequent comments we got about the wedding were praises for Beth. Throughout the day she was positive, energetic, and encouraging. And the results speak for themselves. The pictures are stunning! They perfectly captured the day and are beautiful. 3 Cats Photo is a great choice for any wedding!

Sent on 08/18/2018

3 Cats Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your day was simply gorgeous and it was impossible not to be in love and energetic right along with you all! Thank you so much for letting me be part of your celebration! I am so excited to see what the future holds for you both. I know you will always find the silver lining in every situation and every person you meet along the way!
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 07/07/2018

Beth is the best

My husband and I are so happy we chose 3 Cats Photo for our engagement photos and wedding! Beth is an absolute dream. We knew as soon as we met her that she was going to be fun. On both days, she kept us (and everyone else!) laughing and relaxed. She came up with lots of creative ideas to get some absolutely stunning shots, and we couldn't be more thrilled with our pictures. Beth feels much more like a friend than a vendor, but she still comes with a ton of professionalism and artistic photos. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was captured, and she took the time to understand our wants and needs. Beth had great advice for our wedding day timeline, and she was flexible when we had to make adjustments. Honestly, she is just the absolute best in the business. Without Beth, we wouldn't have felt as confident in our wedding day, and we wouldn't have captured the beauty of the day!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Erika · Married on 04/28/2018

If you want a photographer who genuinely cares about you and is just as excited as you are about your wedding day, you have found her! Having Beth as our wedding photographer was an absolute dream come true!!! She was the most integral part of our day, capturing all of the little moments that we will get to relive for the rest of our lives. Not to mention she also photographed our rehearsal and even offered to photograph the dinner!

I don't know where to begin. She is extremely easy going and made planning our wedding photos as stress-free as possible. Throughout the day she felt more like an old friend than anything else. I was so happy to have her by our sides taking our photos throughout the day and she went above and beyond to capture every little moment. She had a preview blog up the NEXT DAY and all of my guests, even people who weren't at the wedding, were RAVING about how beautiful all of the pictures were! We even have people asking who the photographer was so they can have her at their next event. Beth - we can't thank you enough for all the work and passion you put into our wedding and we cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures. And your surprise photograph to us during dinner made my night!
    You are extremely talented and anyone would be lucky to have you as their photographer! Our day wouldn't have been the same without you and Amy :)

Sent on 05/15/2018
    3 Cats Photo 22
    3 Cats Photo 23

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Beth and her second shooter for our wedding, Beth. They were efficient, professional, fun, and easy to work with. We were running behind on pictures, but they were able to make up that time and then some. We got most of our pictures done before the ceremony which allowed for more love and family time during cocktail hour. The preview album is absolutely phenomenal and we are happy with every single picture we have seen so far. I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a photographer for your big day.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Sean · Married on 06/17/2017

3 Cats Photo, Beth, did our wedding and our engagement photos. She's amazing. She took the time to get to know us and really understand what we were looking for in a photographer. During her sessions we laughed, we joked and had an amazing time together. The photos came out better than I could have ever thought possible. They far exceeded our expectations! The look and the feel of the photographs clearly captured the love and happiness that we shared on our day. The happiness that it brings us to remininess of that day is only amplified by the photos she captured of all the special moments when you thought no one was looking. I can't say enough great things about the work by 3 cats photo and by Beth. I promise you can't go wrong hiring her and that the only right choice you have is to Hire her.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2017

We loved having Beth along for our wedding journey, when we met her in person at the engagement photos we knew she was great! She made us feel comfortable right away and took amazing pictures. Even though it wasn't the best weather, she kept a positive attitude and even put up with our dogs! On our wedding day she showed up with a great team and again made us feel comfortable and pretty =) She was so quick to get us a first look website, so we go to see a lot of our photos right away. I can't say enough good things about Beth and the photos she took!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Beth is so wonderful! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to get the best shots! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Melodie · Married on 04/02/2016

Our wedding photos are amazing! They have exceeded our expectations by far. We felt that Beth was able to capture each special moment. We believe that these photos will help our friends and family who were unable to join us on our special day feel as if they had been there in person. Beth took many creative shots. We feel we will have a detailed memory of all the little details as well as all the important moments.

Sent on 05/06/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about 3 Cats Photo!! Beth truly made my wedding day special in a million different ways! She scoped out our venue including where I was getting ready, ceremony site and reception. She corresponded with me before the wedding several times, gave me photo ideas and listened to my ideas. I had her running all over the place the day of the wedding and not only did she handle everything with grace, but she helped keep me calm as well. She knew what I needed from a photographer more than I did and she made sure I got it! I've had people since the wedding say how wonderful she was. She's sent me some sneak peeks of my photos and I can't stop looking at them. If you hire 3 Cats you will not only be blown away by the quality of the photos but by Beth herself!!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Hannah · Married on 11/14/2015

We really lucked out when we found Beth at 3 Cats Photo for our wedding. She is not just a wonderful photographer, but a wonderful person as well. Beth was so easy to work with and was the only photographer in my search that treated me as a person she cared about and wanted to help instead of just another job. Beth went above and beyond my expectations and took pictures that I just could not believe were real. Working with Beth was comfortable and felt effortless and natural. We will definitely be using her for everything in the future; I could not recommend anyone but her. If you do not give Beth a chance, you are seriously missing out on something great!

Sent on 11/29/2015

My wife and I could not have been more happy with Beth! We had a very unique situation planning our wedding in separate locations and while she was deployed. Beth was so eager and excited to help, even prior to our final commitment, and started looking for locations on our behalf right away. I could tell from our first correspondence that we had found the perfect photographer. Neither my wife or I really like standing in front of the camera but Beth made it so easy going and fun to take pictures. She truly captured all and more than we could have ever imagined on our special day. Not only does she make for a wonderful photographer but she also establishes a friendship that can last for the same lifetime your forever photos will. Go with her!

Sent on 11/15/2015

3 Cats Photo's reply:

I was so excited to be part of your day-- and even more to call you both my friends! It was really an honor to witness and document your wedding!! And your kind words here just make me smile. Thank you so much!!!
  • User5190967 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I got married on April 25th 2015 at a local vineyard. We planned a beautiful outdoor ceremony-however, it rained. We rustled up a heated tent, our florist decorated beautifully (including bringing hay as a make shift aisle)-the list goes on but the real star of our wedding was Beth. She managed to absolutely out do herself. Our wedding photos were STUNNING-even with the rain! I knew upon meeting Beth that she would do an amazing job but she went above and beyond. Watching our video montage took us both right back to that day-same emotions that we felt and all! I can't say enough. Beth is top notch. She is now hired for our family photos as well as our business advertising.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/11/2015

My husband and I feel so fortunate that we found Beth to be our wedding photographer. Our goal was to have a fun celebration but in a very simple way, and Beth was wonderful and so easy to work with, going above and beyond what we asked her to do. She is so friendly, helpful, and creative, and her pictures turned out just beautifully. She made us feel comfortable, was not in the way, and added so much to our day. Beth has such great energy and positivity, is drama-free, and great at what she does. She was the perfect choice for us, and very reasonable, and I would not hesitate to recommend her fully.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Kristin · Married on 02/22/2015

I am a venue & catering manager in Crozet, Virginia and I worked with 3 Cats Photo on a winter themed styled shoot that Bath dreamed up. It happened to land during a snow storm. Beth carried equipment through the snow and hopped fences to get the shots I really wanted. Not to mention, she drove all around the county to pick up our snow-in models for the shoot. Words can't express how positive, encouraging and supportive Beth was throughout the planning process, day-of the shoot, and with all the tasks that are necessary post-shoot. Her quality of work speaks for itself, her shots are stunning.
    Beth is absolutely WONDERFUL to work with, and I would highly recommend 3 Cats Photo to any of my brides. Can't wait to work with them again soon!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Megan · event on 11/02/2014

Beth was our photographer for our engagement photos, and will be our photographer for our wedding as well. Needless to say, we wouldn't have it any other way! She is SO incredibly talented, and we love each and every one of our photos! We especially love the way she uses lighting (the sun is her favorite accessory!) Not only is she the best at what she does, but she truly cares about her customers and their happiness. She goes above and beyond to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience, even after you have all the photos! She surprised my fiancee one day by making a super cute video using all of our engagement photos and it was perfect!! It was so well made, and we didn't even ask her to do it! But that's the kind of person Beth is. She is not all about the money like many photographers are…she genuinely just loves love! We have already recommended Beth to many of our family and friends and can't wait to work with her again for our wedding :)

Sent on 12/15/2014

3 Cats Photo's reply:

Aw, I do genuinely love you guys! I had such a fabulous time conspiring together to make something timeless and modern that reflected both of your personalities. And, I now can say that I had someone bring, not only their dog, but their kitty cat to a session. And, they were both excellently behaved! I can't wait for your wedding! It is going to be stunning.

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2014

We really, really lucked out when we found Beth. Not only is she extremely talented and reasonably priced for a wedding photographer in this area, but she also takes the time to get to know her subjects and learn how they interact with each other naturally. It makes for some breathtaking, emotionally charged photography. I just received my 600+ wedding photos today, and each shot has surpassed all my hopes and dreams. This is exactly how I wanted my wedding photography to be. Thank you, Beth!

Sent on 12/08/2014

3 Cats Photo's reply:

HI Jen!! Thank you so much for all the kind words. I was so honored to be part of your day. Everything was perfect and your friends and family were all so welcoming! Many wishes for a long and happy life together! I can't wait to see what the next chapter in your lives brings!!
  • F

Foxtail Cottage · Married on 10/18/2014

We are fortunate enough to work with Beth from 3 Cats Photos on multiple events and shoots. She is always willing to go that extra mile to get the perfect shot. She has an incredible feel for light and composition. She gets to know her subjects on a personal level - That's why her shots are so breathtakingly beautiful.

Sent on 12/18/2014

3 Cats Photo's reply:

It is always an honor to work with you and your talented team!

Dorinda · Married on 10/10/2014

Beth and her team are the most professional, creative photographers that I have ever encountered in my entire life. They photographed my son's wedding and each picture was like seeing a glimpse of a real live fairytale. Each picture captured not only the extravagant, eloquent and precious moments of the couple's wedding ceremony, but afterwards, during the reception, these ladies captured the love and laughter in the whole room, people celebrating, dancing, talking, very intimate photos of both the couple and our families and friends, beautiful creativity was put into each and every photo. They captured nothing but pure love, joy and happiness in that room that night. Photos like none other I have ever seen before. I have all 265 photos I loved them so much. I will never have any other photos taken of me or my family, only Beth and her team. AMAZING JOB!

Sent on 12/18/2014

3 Cats Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for being so welcoming and kind to us! It was such an amazing and beautiful event. I love night time weddings so much!! I have now doubt that their marriage will be every bit as much of a fairy tale as their wedding!!! :-)

Julie · Married on 10/04/2014

3Cats Photo did such an incredible job with our son's rehearsal and wedding. The love shown in the photos are so endearing and life treasuring. There is no monetary amount to the memories that were expressed. We were pleased beyond measure. We will definitely recommend this photographer to friends and family. We look forward to her capturing our grandchildren in the future.

Sent on 02/16/2015

3 Cats Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review and the very kind words!! Everyone made me feel like part of the family! I can't imagine a more beautiful weekend... from the beautiful reception (and great nights sleep!!) and the bed and breakfast to the perfect day at Tide's Inn.

And, they are going to be some seriously adorable and very loved little grandbabies!!