83 Reviews for 2941 Restaurant

Event Planning (3)
Parking (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
82 2941 Restaurant Reviews

2941 has been a go-to restaurant for special occasions or just an intimate dinner with excellent food. When my fiancé and I were trying to determine our wedding venue, 2941 came to mind immediately. In fact, we did not look at any other venues and we were not disappointed. This is one of the most beautiful locations in all of Northern VA for a wedding. it is tucked away with a beautiful terrace overlooking a lake with artistic pieces all around. They also have a water fall terrace which makes for stunning photographs. The Event Director, Michelle Marquez, was amazing throughout the entire process. She met with us multiple times and was very responsive to our many emails and calls. She gave sound advice when we were uncertain and just made us feel completely comfortable that our event was in good hands. On the day of the wedding, the 2941 team was very attentive, professional and courteous to all of our guests. The Manager on Duty that day, Sam, constantly checked in with us to ensure all was going smoothly and all of our needs were met. The Chef's menu offerings were outstanding. The food was elegantly presented, from the hors d'oeuvres to the seated meal, but most importantly, extremely delicious! The cake was a piece of art and was actually delicious as well! We heard from many of our guests that this was the best food and wedding cake they have ever had at a wedding! 2941 made our wedding day one to remember for decades to come! We highly recommend them! Beth & Mike 4/21/18

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is one of the most gorgeous places to have a wedding! I was lucky enough to get the perfect weather for an outdoors ceremony. Mixed with an awesome group of staff and servers attending to my guests, I could not have asked for more. However, the MVP award goes to Michelle Marquez! Without her guidance and help, I could not have pulled the wedding together. My fiance at the time was overseas so most of the planning was done through me and Michelle was patient, kind, attentive, helpful and professional when it came to my inexperience with organizing events. Sometimes, I felt bad that I had to email/call for minor changes and questions at off times throughout the months leading to my big day. Yet, she helped me with a smile! Honestly, the wedding would have been a disaster if it weren't for her. Everyone loved the food choices. The Filet Mignon was tender and cooked and seasoned magnificently. The salmon was tender. The bartenders were quick and ready to make people happy and drunk. The valet was quick and attentive so there was no backlog of guests waiting to arrive or waiting to leave. They graciously left water in the waiting room while the bride and I were waiting to enter the ceremony walkway. This venue has so many cool spots for photos. Don't miss the door at the end of the hallway. In the end, I was extremely happy with the venue choice. It may be a bit pricey, but the guests will always remember the food and entertainment and the atmosphere. It is worth the money for an unforgettable experience. All of my vendors loved the location. My guests were impressed with the place. I highly recommend booking your date for the wedding ahead of time as it is very popular.

Profile Picture Philip, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Cake, Uncovered Outdoor, China, Glassware, Linens, Valet

Beautiful location, delicious food and responsive and professional staff

Profile Picture Erica, 11/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I don't know where to even start with this venue - it has always been a favorite of mine to go to for dinner dates with my (then) fiance. So when we were looking for venues and decided we wanted to make sure the food at our wedding was unforgettable -- 2941 immediately came to mind. Not only has their food been cook to perfection, served at the appropriate temperature, and seasoned beautifully, it is also elegant. We were going for a very classy and fun wedding and the presentation of the food just took it over the edge. If you add in the impeccable service from all of the staff, everything was perfect.

On top of all that - the venue is beautiful! We had our ceremony outside in front of the bigger waterfall feature, overlooking the fountain in the pond and our guests were blown away. We loved how unique and intimate the terrace was, and how breathtaking the main dining room is with the floor to ceiling windows and vaulted ceilings. It's so dramatic and the guests absolutely loved partying all night there!

One last thing I must mention if Michelle Marquez. She was the event specialist director we worked with during this whole process. She was beyond professional -- she was amazing. She helped us through all of our random questions we had (since neither my husband nor I have ever planned an event like this), and met with us multiple times to make sure we were confident in our schedule, our day, and our food selections. She made this whole experience that much better with her professionalism, punctuality, and responsiveness!

One other cool thing -- we now always have a "spot" for our anniversary dinners :)

Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - Our ceremony from the terrace
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - Main dining area reception at night
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - Main dining area reception during day
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - View of the reception before guests arrived
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - The staff was AMAZING and our guests raved about everyone!
Photos
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and was so tender
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - Our dessert station for after dinner was a big hit!
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - My personal favorite item served!
Photo for 2941 Restaurant Review - View of the venue at night with the uplighting our DJ did.
Profile Picture Ashley, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, China, Glassware, Chairs, Valet

2941 was superb and the staff was phenomenal. The venue perfect, the food excellent. Our guest are still raving about how great everything was.

Profile Picture Richard, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding at Restaurant 2941 was spectacular! Restaurant 2941 allowed me to have my dream wedding, without having to break the bank. Mike Herz, Michelle Marquez, Nikaihla Oliver, Will Elchert and Aykan were all very helpful, and a pleasure to work with. We received tons and tons of compliments on how beautiful our venue was, and how great the food was. I would not hesitate to book this venue, you will not be let down.

Profile Picture Majora, 8/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Michelle was great and helped throughout and remaining flexible with us in the short amount of time we gave ourselves to work with. We had a party of about 24 guests.

The staff on our wedding fantastic. We had a big setback on our wedding day... Our Officiant was MIA and up showing up about 45 minutes late. The manager Mike was very quick to jump in and try to coordinate with the Officiant from another wedding at the restaurant on our behalf. Unfortunately, he only spoke Korean, so that possibility was off the table. He then remembered that the Sommelier may be ordained and reached out to him. The Sommelier (I wish I could remember his name), was quick to offer his assistance in our moment of need. Both him and Mike were ready to go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our event continued. Ultimately our Officiant showed up and preformed the ceremony, but we were comforted to know the staff was ready to step up and assist if needed.

The gentleman and lady that worked the dinner were also extremely helpful and on point throughout the evening. They not only provided dinner and bar service, but I also had to rely on them for help with cake cutting advice and instructions. Overall we had a great experience with the restaurant, all of the guests had positive things to say about the service and food. We will definitely recommend 2941 to our friends for any of their events.

Profile Picture Evelyn, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at 2941, and I'm glad we did! I am so happy with how our wedding went, and Michelle Marquez and her staff made everything go so smoothly. The food was amazing, and the cake was beautifully decorated. Not only that, but the staff was very attentive and helpful. The wedding ended up being on a very hot day, and the staff came to me and asked the day of if I would rather have the cocktail hour indoors. Having had the thought earlier, I figured it was too late to change it up - but the staff being proactive in asking just proves how flexible and professional they truly were. I am very appreciate of that.

The wedding was perfect - exactly what we both wanted. I can't thank 2941 enough for all that they did!

Profile Picture Yuri, 4/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, China, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chairs

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous working with 2941, from start to finish. The food is phenomenal, the wedding cake was scrumptious, and the whole process of planning our special day was a breeze, thanks to Michelle and her professional team! And it was not a budget-buster either! Would recommend this venue to anyone without any hesitation!

Profile Picture Barbara, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We held our rehearsal dinner here, 18 people. The event was great, the food was really phenomenal (I really enjoyed the appetizers we chose, lamb and mini burgers). Had a great time, everything seemed to go well. The long table setup was a little tight by the wall as servers came by, but no big issues. Beautiful place, fun to see the Koi, waterfall, and the original Dali outside.

Profile Picture Alona, 10/30/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at 2941. There is not a single thing we could complain about - everything was perfect from start to finish! I began working with Michelle at 2941 about a year before our wedding. From the beginning, every question I had was answered quickly and Michelle was always so professional and easy to work with. I cannot say enough about how simple she made the process. The menu tasting was amazing - we had such a hard time choosing what to offer our guests because all of the food was so delicious! And the food on our wedding day was just as great as the food we tasted - every single guest raved about it! The day went seamlessly and the staff at 2941 are truly professionals who know what they are doing. The terrace was the perfect place for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and made for beautiful photos. We were also happy to have extra space inside available in case of rain or bad weather - we never had to worry about that! Our wedding day was amazing - I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you 2941! We will be back for special events in the future!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Chairs, Cake, China, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I were wed at 2941. Michelle, Monika and the entire team were awesome! As mentioned the tasting was a wonderful experience. It's a multi-day event and I had the opportunity to try full size portions of everything on the catering menu. I was confident that I made the right food choices and able to to see exactly how the food would be presented to my guests. I can't say enough good things. Simply put it was a wonderful experience. Several guests stated it was the best wedding food they ever had and we attend many weddings.

Profile Picture Monica, 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at 2941 Restaurant. We had cocktails on the terrace and dinner in the Waterfall Room. Everything from start to finish was exceptional! Michelle helped us with planning from the very beginning. One of the best parts of the preparations was the tasting!

The wedding reception was perfect! Our guests were so impressed with the beautiful venue, delicious food and cake, and attentive service. They couldn't say enough wonderful things about the event.

My husband and I were able to enjoy the months of preparations because we knew everything was being taken care of by the excellent staff. We'll definitely be coming back to celebrate anniversaries and other special occasions!

Profile Picture User6809703, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I wish I had another daughter to be able to have another wedding here! The tasting was outrageous! Everything was perfect! The staff was attentive, the location was beautiful and the food was amazing and the cake was beautiful and delicious. We had our ceremony out on the beautiful patio with a cocktail hour, and a dinner in the Waterfall Room. The guests were raving about the food and service (and my brother who has been in the hospitality industry for over 30 years was very impressed). It was effortlessly pulled off thanks to Michelle and staff at 2941. I would do it again in a minute!

Profile Picture Luanne, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Event Rentals, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Beautiful venue, every room was gorgeous, the view inside and outside. The staff was wonderful and very responsiveness and accommodating and the food was delicious. We were so lucky they had a cancellation and we were able to snag the date!

Profile Picture User7512668, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

2941 was amazing. Michelle, the event coordinator, was so nice, helpful, and easy to work with. The setting was beautiful and the service was fantastic. My guests loved the food and everyone had a great time. I did not have a day of coordinator but absolutely did not need one. Everything ran seamlessly at the event. I didn't have to do a thing but enjoy the night. I truly could not have been happier with this venue and I love that my husband and I can go there on anniversaries and remember what an amazing experience we had there on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/17/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, China, Glassware, Linens, Valet

What a beautiful venue! We have organized the reception and the dinner party for our daughter's wedding there on May 31st, 2015. We are grateful to Mr. Chemel, the master Chef, Michelle Marquez, the events director, Jeff, the restaurant manager in charge, and, last but not least, all the wait staff helping that day. Every single item has been handled smoothly and expertly, with grace that could only come from skill and experience. Pretty much every guest told us that the setting, the food, and the beverages exceeded their expectations. Thank you.

Profile Picture User5162520, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding ceremony and reception last May 8th, 2015 took place at 2941 Restaurant. The ceremony was at the Terrace which provided a beautiful backdrop for the pictures. The lunch reception was at the Waterfall Room which provided a great view and enough space for our 47 guests. The guests really enjoyed the location and gave great reviews on the food and wine. The event went smoothly and we are really grateful for the servers who worked with us on that day. Michelle Marquez is a great resource to work with. I had a lot of questions and requests prior to the wedding and she was able to address them all. I am from out of town and I really appreciate her help in making the preparations easier.

Profile Picture Joann, 5/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at 2941 last week and everything was above and beyond our expectation. The combination of the nice weather, amazing view of the lake, the beautiful waterfall, elegant dining room with floor to ceiling glass window, professional staff, and great food, made our wedding day perfect!
The wedding coordinator Michelle, was very helpful and worked with us on every single detail before the wedding and on the day of the wedding, Jeff Turner, the on-site manager was extremely helpful and supportive. He saved us many time when things went wrong by offering services and support outside of our contract.
If you are looking for a nice outdoor view to host your reception and also have elegant reception dinner with good food, 2941 offers both at same time. We looked at many venues in DC/VA/MD area, and they are either indoor hotels good for reception, or far-away winery with nice view but non-impressive reception.
We have receive many compliment from our guests on the food, the views and how friendly and nice the staff were. They worked very well with our DJ, Photographer and florist. We had great experience with 2941 and recommend it to all of our friends! Thank you for making our wedding day memorable and flawless!

Profile Picture Ziva, 5/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decided to have a small wedding and wanted a venue with a private room and delicious food. 2941 delivered in spades. First, the restaurant has several amazing places to take photographs. Second, the restaurant has spectacular views. Third, the food was unforgettable. Fourth, the staff made sure that everything was perfect and provided us with several amazing options. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture User4902837, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michelle and the other staff at 2941 were so wonderful and helpful. I had a fairly small wedding, but the flexibility and value were phenomenal. Everyone was saying how amazing the food was. They even stayed open despite a snow storm!

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

2941 Restaurant is a DMV hidden gem! I will not forget the feeling I felt walking in on the day of our wedding....I was blown away with how beautiful the venue is. The light that comes through the large windows and how beautiful the sunset looked as we danced our first dance as husband and wife. We had our wedding in the main dining room and our ceremony in the terrace. All our guests absolutely loved the food and the scenic views. Michelle, Special Event Director, was absolutely amazing from the initial interest meeting to the last e-mail congratulating us and following up on our day-of service. The service captain and the staff working made sure everyone was well taken care of. The bartenders were super friendly and kept the night going. I could go on and on...but would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture User3217123, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at 2941 and we absolutely loved it! The Terrace provides an intimate, beautiful and fun space for the ceremony and the gorgeous Waterfall Room provided a perfect setting for our reception. Our friends and family are mostly from out of town and really loved having everything in the same location. We got rave reviews on the setting and the exquisite food! The service we received from 2941 servers was professional, prompt and gracious. They even left hors d'oeuvres for us (the bride and groom), which we really appreciated because we were starving!

We should note: Michelle Marquez of the Special Events team is the best in the event coordination business - she is very professional, patient and thoughtful, and really accommodated all our questions and wishes. We really enjoyed working with her and the team throughout our wedding planning process, and cannot thank them enough!

Profile Picture Sanola, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews

The Venue:
With 75 guests, we held our ceremony on the outdoor terrace, chose the waterfall room for dining and koi room for dancing and dessert! The event spaces are beautiful- floor to ceiling windows, tons of natural light, waterfalls, koi fish, lakeview from the terrace, artistic... we loved it!

The Services:
Michelle Marquez, the event director, was extremly helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. Lets be honest, planning a wedding on your own is extremely stressful- Michelle's responsiveness, professionalism, and honesty were a breath of fresh air. She replied to our emails no later than 24 hours- sometimes the same day and answered all of our questions. She really worked with us on the details of our wedding and helped us create a truly special event. We look back and realize how much we appreciate her attentiveness! We were very happy with the event staff on the day of the wedding. They were attentive and helpful in addressing any hiccups that came up along the way. After the ceremony, my husband and I were met with a glass of champagne and a congratulations. Waiting for us at our sweetheart table were a plate of beautifully placed hors d'oeuvres that we missed while taking photographs during cocktail hour. Our entrees were boxed and packed away for our exit as we requested (we did table visits while our guests enjoyed their entrees). As far as we know, our special requests were followed exactly. We were really able to relax and enjoy our wedding day, and for that we are so grateful!

The Food:
Delicious and beautifully presented, we were very pleased with our menu choices and
each dish is its own little piece of art. The hors d'oeuvres are equally delicious, and the pastry chef provided a german chocolate cake that we still dream about. My husband and I joke that we should plan another event here just for the tastings :) Can't wait to return for an anniversary dinner!

Many thanks to 2941!