27 Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

El Married on 10/09/2021

Beautiful work

The guys at 27 studios totally transformed our wedding venue! I can't thank them enough for their professionalism and hard work.
  • Bri Viverito
    Bri V. Married on 09/17/2021

incredible lighting

27 Studios was incredible!! we needed bistro lighting for our venue and they were so easy to work with! I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know getting married. The set up was flawless and everything looked amazing and really completed the look of our special day!
  • Megan
    Megan B. Married on 07/10/2021

An Array of Services

Darren and his team do a great job at the services that they provide. I hired them for drapery, uplighting, custom dance floor vinyl and dry ice for my first dance. Everything came out beautiful! Definitely recommend!
  • Katina
    Katina M. Married on 06/05/2021

Made my plain venue look beautiful!

The guys at 27Studios made my plain and boring venue truly shine and look very high end! They did all the pipe and drape for the room and words cannot describe how beautiful it made the room look. Very professional and worth every penny!
  • Alexandra
    Allie Married on 04/17/2021

If you need lightning or pipe & drape, look no further.

I had a COVID wedding, originally planned for April 2020, then pushed to September 2020, then turned into a vow renewal reception in April 2021. Throughout changing the plan due to COVID, 27Studios was an incredible vendor. They were so flexible, no questions asked, that I think I cried out of joy each time they responded to my emails (and they are super responsive!). We originally had planned to use their services to provide us with pipe and drape, but that was no longer needed when our plans changed. Instead, they easily allowed us to switch that plan to a waterfall lighting plan above our dance floor - incredible!! I caught all my guests staring at the ceiling as if we had the stars indoors for our party (we held our event at Haven Street Ballroom). I was also super busy throughout the day, and when I was able to check out the progress of the space being decorated, I noticed the uplights we rented from them were perfectly placed - without direction from me. I was super pleased by 27Studio's work. Take a look at any picture of "waterfall lights" on instagram or pinterest, and you'll see what it looked like - but mine was the PERFECT version of what you find.

Seriously, why are you even looking elsewhere? Hire 27Studios! Their prices are incredibly - INCREDIBLY - reasonable and fair. Darren and Damian are awesome professionals in the industry, they kept me calm with their responsiveness, always answered my questions, carefully worked with me on a proposal (and another proposal, and another proposal) and if I could do it all again they would 1000% be hired. Note: my image is NOT a professional photo, and it does not do the actual waterfall light experience justice.

• Julie
    Julie Married on 02/29/2020

Got it done

Very professional. Easy to work with, up lighting and dangling café lights looked great!
  • Kwazi
    Kwazi Y. Married on 02/15/2020

Perfect aesthetic to our wedding

The drapery and lights were gorgeous

27 Studios's reply:

It was pleasure to work with you. We strive to create the perfect backdrop for your special day. Our design team appreciates you having us on board. Best Wishes
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 01/10/2020

They are amazing

They were so easy to work with and amazing at their job! They listened to exactly what we wanted and created it beautifully! They were easy to work with and very responsive. Even gave some suggestions with their experience and expertise. I would recommend them to anyone who wants their venue re created into a dream reality!
    Stephanie L. Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing work and super easy to work with!

From start to finish, the team at 27 Studios was one of the most painless vendors I had the pleasure to work with. Darren, Damian, and Devonte did a wonderful job draping the ceiling at our venue and it made all the difference. Not only that but they were able to plan and coordinate exactly what I wanted at a fair price and without needing much from me! I can't recommend them more- their work made a huge difference and it was worth every single penny.
    Staci Q. Married on 06/21/2019

Awesome vendor for lighting & draping

27 Studios was recommended by our venue for our lighting/draping needs and we could not be happier with the decision to hire them! We worked with Damian from start to finish and he was amazing. After initially speaking with him, we met at the venue to work through the space and what we wanted. I showed him some pictures of the styles I liked & also talked about what I generally liked/didn't like for the space. I was worried about overwhelming or even underwhelming the space with my ideas, but Damian made me feel so comfortable and I knew that the space would look amazing. Ultimately we went with uplighting to highlight the natural brick & a combination of draping and twinkle lights to accent the ceiling cutout. We could not have been happier with the outcome!

27 Studios's reply:

Thank you Staci, it was a pleasure to be apart of your special day. We appreciate your feedback and best wishes on your union.
    Lauren Married on 06/08/2019

Awesome Lighting!

We used 27 Studios for our wedding on June 8th. Damian (creative director) was extremely easy to work with. He responded promptly, made payment online easy, and offered suggestions when needed. The team set-up the lighting exactly as we discussed and our guests commented on how beautifully it accentuated our venue space. The bistro lighting was the perfect addition to our wedding. We highly recommend contacting 27 Studios if you are interested in lighting for your big event!

27 Studios's reply:

Thank you Lauren, it was a pleasure to be apart of your special day. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again in the future.
    Jaime Z. Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely loved working with 27 Studios

I can not say enough positive things about 27 studios. They really helped make my lighting and lantern vision come to life! They adjusted when needed with no questions asked and only wanted to please the customer. Darren and Damian, thank you thank thank you for all your hard work!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 05/10/2019

Awesome experience!

Working with 27 Studios was great! They were responsive, super knowledgable, and flexible. The lightning turned out great!
    Tira G. Married on 03/22/2019

Dependable

As a wedding planner, I can always recommend my couples to 27 Studios for all of their production needs. They are reliable, they offer alternatives, and they provide great services. They end results are always spectacular!
  • Alison
    Alison F. Married on 03/09/2019

Excellent - GOBO

The GOBO made the room. Was so happy I decided to add this for the dance flood.
    Great service and very easy to work with.
    Dasol Married on 01/01/2019

Great Job Done by Damian and his team

Damian and his team did a wonderful job setting up cafe lighting and uplighting at my reception venue. I was looking for the right hue of white uplighting that doesn't look purple or blue- which is harder than you think! Damian knew exactly what I was going for and he made the venue come alive. All our guests were telling me how beautiful the space was and I attribute a large part of that to 27 Studios. Lighting does matter!
    Kera Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful Lighting

I contacted 27 Studios a few weeks before my wedding to provide uplighting around the perimeter of the reception space and pinspotting on the wedding cake. Despite the quick turnaround, Darius was super accommodating, incredibly responsive, and competitive with his rates. He was punctual and timely with setup and breakdown, and showed great skill in placement and design. His lighting arrangement helped the space feel warm and inviting, fun and whimsical. I appreciate Darius’ professionalism and willingness to drive down to Richmond to work with a venue not previously in his rolodex. I recommend his services for anyone looking for a lighting and AV professional in the DMV area.
    Esme Married on 07/28/2018
    Our wedding venue recommended Darren at 27 STUDIOS to us! We got string lighting and purple uplighting from Darren. We got so many compliments on the lighting in the tent and how beautiful it looked. Darren was professional and responsive, as we went back and forth deciding what we wanted. We are very glad we hired Darren!
    Courtney Married on 05/27/2018
    Darren flies under the radar, but does some of the best work around. He was so accommodating, extremely helpful and did GORGEOUS work! We had an entry way draped, the ceiling draped with twinkle lights and a Chuppah made!
    Erica Married on 05/20/2018
    Darren was amazing to work with! I originally got his name from my venue because I was interested in having bistro lights for my wedding and he had worked at the venue before. Long story short, I got to 18 days before the wedding and found out that the venue had installed its own bistro lights. Darren was so understanding and almost immediately got on the phone with me to present me with alternate options since the lighting was no longer needed. I would highly recommend 27 Studios to anyone with lighting, draping, or rental needs - everything turned out gorgeous and just how I envisioned it.
  • Angelica
    Angelica Married on 05/12/2018

Quality and Professionalism Combined!

The 27 Studios crew team is top of the line!

Working them them as a wedding planner was both a breeze for myself and for my couples. They're quick responses, flexibility, and eagerness to please really made working with them such a joy. Our custom draping and lighting we had installed by them was beyond perfect as well.

Overall, we had a tremendous experience and I am very much so looking forward to working with them and recommending them for more couples of mine!
  • Breanna
    Breanna Married on 01/05/2018

Bride From Abroad

My wedding planner recommends this company. I was nothing less than amazed. The draping made the room look like a totally different place. I loved it and got a lot of compliments. I would recommended this business and use them for future events. Great work and the price was responsible.
    Tiffany Married on 12/30/2017
    Darren and his team move fast! They can turn a boring looking ballroom into a elegant space. I am so happy we used him. the wedding become a dream with his help.
    Latonja Married on 10/28/2017
    Darren was phenomenal, however I never got to meet him but no need to because he knows his stuff. 27 Studios did such a fantastic job making my wedding beautiful.