7 Reviews for 255 Milledge | Hardeman-Sams House

Glassware (2)
Parking (2)
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Event Planning (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
7 255 Milledge | Hardeman-Sams House Reviews

This is the perfect place for a wedding!! The house and backyard garden are beautiful and provide many opportunities to take awesome photos. There are so many creative ways to arrange the ceremony and reception. Ms. Kim so sweet and super helpful!! We had an amazing experience here and highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sam Hardeman's House is remarkable. The house itself has the charm of Milledge homes, with an incredible "Man Room" and Bridal Suite. The garden outside is maintained well and allows for a great wedding space, where the couple may marry in the garden and follow into the home for the dinner/dancing. We appreciated that the rental spaced included table, chairs, and dining ware at no separate cost. Our only woe was as result of new ownership the gas line hadn't been switch over, and as a result the bridesmaids and I had to take cold showers, and we were unable to heat up our appetizers. That said, recently under new management, we feel like this space is only going to get even better! The new owner, Kim Moss, is lovely and attentive about improving the house and guest experience.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor
4.7

I used the Hardeman Sams House for my reception of about 140 people. It was cozy, but utilizing the porch and upstairs made it very doable for that size, and my guests had nothing but positive things to say about the HS House. My favorite thing about the Hardeman Sams house is that you have the rental all day. We were able to set up that morning, my bridal party and I enjoyed getting ready there, and once the groom and groomsmen arrived I had lunch set up, and then we did the bulk of our pictures. Great (and beautiful!) venue!

Profile Picture Diana, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was perfect for our wedding of 60 and it's so beautiful. We got the house for the whole weekend for the price you get most venues for 6 hours!! We did our ceremony out in the garden and the reception indoors. We also used the upstairs for getting ready.
The only downside is that you must get the alcohol through them which makes kind of a disconnect between the catering and the bar. Also, it's only beer and wine.
Also, there is no speaker in the garden, so you have to either use live music or get your sound person to set up a speaker out there (which turned out to be no problem for us)
Sara is very helpful and responsive. She even let us come look at the house again, way after we signed the contract and the deposit was returned to us within the week. There were a few things I didn't know and a couple small areas of confusion so just make sure you review the contract before the wedding so there aren't any surprises. For example, I could have sworn i was told/read that I had 14 days to pay the bar bill, but we had to pay it the night of. I really can't recommend this venue enough if you are having a more intimate wedding!

Profile Picture User3387246, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect for a small wedding, beautiful well kept house and gardens. My fiance and I married in the gazebo in the garden, which was just perfect for our small wedding of 40 guests.

The interior, front porch and gardens make for the most beautiful wedding photographs too.

Profile Picture Holly, 6/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and reception at Hardeman Sams. The venue was gorgeous. The only downside was that after signing a contract, if I called the number for the Hardeman Sams, no one ever answered the phone or returned my calls after leaving a voicemail. Luckily, I had the managers cell phone number and email. Overall, I enjoyed the venue.

Profile Picture User3427414, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews