255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House Reviews

45 | Athens, GA

45 Reviews for 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House

• Mary

Mary A. · Getting married on 12/05/2021

Perfect, small wedding on a short time frame!

My fiance and I had to change our wedding plans due to COVID-19 and we reached out to Kim at 255 Milledge only 3 and a half weeks before the wedding date and we were able to have the most perfect, small and intimate wedding. The whole team made it a beautiful event and were SO helpful with all of the details even on such a short time frame. The house and garden are beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone looking to get married in Athens!

Sent on 06/12/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Planning a wedding in three and a half weeks was a first for all of us over here at 255 Milledge but I have to say, your celebration has become one of our favorite success stories. We're so proud to have turned a backup plan into one of our most magical weddings to date!

When it comes to our "Covid Couples", we will do anything and everything to make your special day everything you could ever dream of. Nothing can stop our team from pulling out all the bells and whistles for our couples.

Congratulations on your marriage and we wish you all the best!

255 Milledge Event Manager
  • Carly

Carly W. · Getting married on 08/11/2021

A wonderful staff, beautiful venue, and amazing execution!

255 Milledge was wonderful in handling our wedding day details! I was not much of a planner when it came to our wedding, and they guided us right along through all the decisions and details we had to consider. The day-of was wonderful, and they helped us through all of the complications with covid with ease! The team had a way of bringing calm to everyone around them. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/08/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

It was such a joy to host your beautiful family and celebrate with you! When it comes to easy-going brides, you are the one to beat and made planning your perfect day a dream.

We're so proud of you for working against the odds with us to create the perfect, petite wedding of your dreams. Congratulations again! We wish you and yours all the best!

255 Milledge Event Manager

Kirstin S. · Married on 04/12/2021

I cannot sing praises of this venue loud enough and often enough.

If you want to get married in Athens - or anywhere for that matter - then 255 Milledge is the place to go!

My husband and I got married earlier in the year with just our parents, but we still wanted to have a night to celebrate with all of our friends and family. The owner is one of the most accommodating, understanding, and easy to work with people I have ever met. Since we had already been married, we didn't need to have a ceremony or do some of the typical "wedding day" things, but we still wanted to celebrate and pull in the parts that meant the most to us. The owner was so helpful in the planning process to help us figure out how to make the most of the gorgeous venue and our day.

The venue is absolutely beautiful - inside and out - and is also such a relaxing place to spend your big day. It was so comforting to know that no matter what mother nature threw at us that day, we were ready because we had picked the most beautiful venue. The owner and her team are constantly finding ways to make this place more and more beautiful, and if you're not sold on the pictures alone - I HIGHLY recommend going to visit this place just to see how beautiful it truly is. The owner and her team are also so helpful in creating the aesthetic that you have envisioned - both inside and outside. They have so many décor options that are sure to fit the bill for any couple.

The location of course speaks for itself. You are so close to downtown Athens, so close to hotels for guests with all different budgets, and on the most beautiful part of Milledge Ave. Any time of year, this place is where you want to be.

The staff was also UNBELIEVABLE. Everything was just taken care of in the most stress-free way, and I can't imagine there is a better staff around. The owner was SO HELPFUL in the time leading up to our day - she was available at any time to discuss décor ideas and help us truly visualize the finished product, she helped us with selecting vendors in the area that she knew would do a phenomenal job, she helped coordinate all of the different vendors on the day of, she provided solutions when some vendors created problems.

I cannot sing praises of this venue loud enough and often enough. I would recommend 255 Milledge to anyone. The venue itself, the staff, and the location just cannot be beat.

Sent on 04/08/2020

Leah M. · Married on 03/20/2021

255 Milledge is the best!

255 Milledge helped make my wedding the best day of my life! The venue was everything I hoped it would be. Kim and Bonnie were super easy to work with and were very helpful in answering any questions we had or solving any problems we ran into. The venue is beautiful. We had both the rehearsal dinner and wedding at 255 Milledge and they made sure the 2 nights felt different enough for the guests who attended both. The bridesmaids suite and groomsmen room were both perfect for getting ready. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and ran smoothly. I can't thank 255 Milledge enough for being the best venue for our wedding! I will forever recommend 255 Milledge to any brides!

Sent on 04/06/2021

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Hi Leah! Thank you so much for the amazing review. We absolutely love serving our clients and it's so nice to be appreciated for what we do. We will remember you, Peter and your family forever. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!

Kim M

Ginger R. · Married on 12/19/2020

Dream Wedding

255 Milledge was the ideal venue for our daughter’s perfect wedding! Kim has a reputation for details and a stress free event and was amazing! Matt’s talent for florals is impeccable! Taylor and James had the dreamiest of weddings! Highly recommend ❤️

Sent on 12/29/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

We are so happy to have been able to host your lovely family! Taylor's knack for all things beautiful and custom was so special and we had the most fun turning her vision into a reality!

Congratulations again on adding James to your family - We wish you and yours all the best!

Taylor B. · Married on 12/19/2020

Perfect Southern Wedding Venue

255 Milledge and the people who work there made my wedding planning and day a dream! I felt heard and supported throughout the entire process. The house and garden are beyond gorgeous! There are so many beautiful places for photography. I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 01/19/2021

Elif C. · Married on 11/06/2020

Hands down, the best.

Let me just say, Kim, Leigh, and Bonnie are fantastic. Being a “covid bride”, the events leading up to planning and replanning my wedding 3 different times were very hectic and stressful. These women made me feel so loved, and so supported through it all. They handled every little thing I needed, and covered things when I forgot about them. The space is absolutely GORGEOUS and I can happily say that on the day of, not one ounce of stress was felt on my end! Kim is a “mama bear”, so to speak, and will handle ANY issue as it arises, from vendors, to guests, and everything in between! Everyone was extremely easy to get in touch with and did not think twice about the absurd amount of questions that I had. They walked me through every little thing to make sure my day was spectacular. I couldn’t have chosen a better venue!

Sent on 12/08/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

It's been a real adventure to help our lovely "Covid brides" like yourself navigate the ups, downs, surprises and changes that go along with planning a wedding right now. With all that said, your wedding day was MAGICAL and all of those calls, texts, emails, and reschedules were 100% worth it!

As your planner, let me just say - you were one of my favorite brides of the season! I'm so happy for you and wish you and Walt all the best in your little love story!

255 Milledge Event Manager + Coordinator

Nina O. · Married on 07/04/2020

Beautiful Summer Wedding

We absolutely fell in love with this venue! You do have to choose your vendors therefore if your looking for an all in one venue this is not your spot. However if you are looking for a beautiful venue that provides guidance on vendors and is intentional with detail this is your spot! The staff was beyond accommodating having to change wedding dates due to the pandemic and also providing safety measures to the venue to keep my guests healthy and safe! Did I mention the incredible location as well? If you want a fun beautiful Indoor/outdoor wedding with a great location and amazing staff. You found your venue!

Sent on 07/30/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you for the sweet words, Nina! Being able to host indoor/outdoor weddings right now is what makes it possible for us to continue hosting fabulous families like yours! We're so blessed to be able to keep our couples and their families safe while still allowing YOU to have the wedding of your dreams!

Thank you again for getting Married on Milledge and congratulations on your new lives together!

Cheers!
    - Kim Moss

Sarah G. · Married on 06/12/2020

A Dream Come True

255 Milledge made our wedding a dream come true! The venue is gorgeous and this staff are incredibly talented. I could not have asked for a better wedding day. The flowers were impeccable and Kim made sure everything went smoothly. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/11/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sarah Grace! We are so happy to have been able to help create your dream wedding.

Matt always has so much fun creating custom floral designs and your wedding was definitely one of our recent favorites!

Congratulations on your new life together and we wish you all the best!
  • Amy

Amy S. · Married on 04/18/2020

Perfect Venue in Athens!

255 Milledge should definitely be on your list to visit if you are getting married in Athens. The house and grounds are absolutely stunning. While planning two weddings in 2020 wasn't ideal, 255 was very helpful and accommodating to make our day the best it could be despite not being what we initially had hoped for. Kim and her team were great day of. Definitely spring for the day of coordinating. I used Matt, their on staff florals, who was great! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2020

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you for the sweet words, Amy!

While planning TWO weddings may not have been what you imagined to be spending your time doing during your engagement, I can safely say that the results were well worth it! Our team had so much fun brainstorming, planning, and creating your perfect day for you!

From all of us at the Hardeman-Sams Estate, thank you for getting Married on Milledge!!

- Kim Moss

Sarah C. · Married on 03/14/2020

The Best Venue

I would give 255 Milledge 10 stars if I could! I don't even know where to begin...this venue is stunning! From the moment we toured, we knew we would have our wedding here. The house itself is so beautifully decorated, the garden is gorgeous, and the flow of the day was perfect. The staff is so accommodating, kind, and truly a joy to work with. We got so many compliments on the venue and staff from our guests! Kim and Hannah Leigh were there for the day of, and they went above and beyond for us to make sure everything was perfect - a special thank you to both of you ladies! Their attention to detail is impeccable - my girls and I had so much fun getting ready in the bridal suite! Our wedding was magical, and I wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • O

Osman Y. · Married on 01/06/2020

Without a doubt!

We are so glad that we spent our happiest day at 255 Milledge! Everything went smoothly, no problems at all! It turned out a great intimate wedding. Kim and her crew were amazing and well-experienced in this business. The rooms for bride and groom were very convenient to host friends and such. The entire premise is also spectacular! Matt was very creative in floral decorations and other parts. The garden was vast and well-decorated! The guests loved the cake and food! If you are kind of an indecisive couple, let them bring you some alternatives. You will probably go with that! Without a doubt, we highly recommend this Venue for couples who plan to get married in Athens, GA and surrounding neighborhood

Sent on 06/25/2020
  • Madison

Madison M. · Married on 01/02/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue!!!

Kim and her team are absolutely AMAZING!! Would not have wanted my wedding anywhere else. All my guests raved about how gorgeous the venue was. Kim was extremely accommodating to our needs and was a joy to work with. We love this venue so much!!!

Sent on 08/07/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you, Madison, for taking the time to share these kind words! You and Joe were a pleasure to work with and such a beautiful bride and groom!! Please feel free to swing by the house anytime to say hi and let us know if you have any needs we can assist you with in the future!
  • Ava

Ava M. · Married on 10/26/2019

GREAT wedding venue

255 Milledge is an incredible venue. From the venue's decor to the friendly staff, this venue is the perfect place for a wedding. Kim was so flexible throughout the planning process and was clutch on wedding day. Kim and her staff treated our wedding party and guests with great customer service and created such an inviting environment on wedding day! She is so good at providing a memorable space. The indoor and outdoor spaces were perfect for our fall wedding. Kim has such a passion for making your wedding day so special and she makes it happen!! All of her staff were so hospitable, attentive, and flexible. I was put at such ease on wedding day! This is a GREAT place to get married, I would highly recommend it!!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Beatrice

Beatrice A. · Married on 08/31/2019

The PERFECT venue with the PERFECT Team!!

You CAN NOT go wrong with booking this venue!! From the sun lit rooms to the beautiful blooming garden to the aesthetic pieces of furniture and decor - every detail of the house makes this place so magical!! All the spaces in, out, and around the house are stunning – there are so many places for gorgeous photo ops!! Now I must also mention the other great part of booking here: the dynamic duo of Kim and Bonnie!! Wow, they are truly the best in the wedding business when it comes to The Big Day!! When we first toured, Kim (owner/manager) sold me right away- she was so hospitable, friendly, honest, creative, and you can tell she has a passion and love for her venue. Bonnie and Kim also always got back to us so quickly with every question – via email or phone. And they happily toured us around the house multiple times on different dates when we wanted to show our mothers, our wedding planners, our photographer, and our siblings!! (honestly, the place is great and the people are great, so why wouldn’t you want to show it all off?) On the day of the wedding, a few hours before the ceremony, they do not allow cars to park in or near the house, they have to park in a back lot away from view – their reason: so that your photos aren’t ruined by all the cars!! Details that you don’t even think of like that show you that THEY. GET. IT. They think of everything and they make sure things get DONE. Our wedding day went so smoothly and I knew it would because from the start, we had THE BEST TEAM at the BEST VENUE. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!! We LOVE you guys!!! :D

Sent on 09/17/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much, Beatrice, for your amazing review! It was truly our pleasure to host your and Justin's wedding and we wish you ALL THE BEST in your marriage together!! We will miss having consistent contact with you guys so please feel free to stop by anytime to say hi!! We would love to see you!

Emily B. · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazingly Helpful

Kim and Bonnie are the absolute bomb! They helped everything run so smoothly on our big day, and even before then! We are from Georgia but currently live in Utah. We were very worried about planning a wedding from so far away. 255 was always a short phone call or email away. We even had a short window of time when we were in town for our engagement photos, and there was nothing but rain in the forecast. Kim very graciously allowed us to take our engagement photos inside the venue! On short notice too! We even booked our day of coordinator, Kathy, through 255. She was AMAZING. I will always be so very thankful for the ladies of 255 Milledge!

Sent on 07/05/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily, for taking the time to review us! We absolutely LOVED working with you guys! It's clients like you who make our job so much fun! I just got to see your wedding photos and they are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I wish you guys the best in your marriage!

Julie E. · Married on 05/24/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

We used 255 Milledge for our son’s rehearsal dinner. I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion. First, Bonnie provided excellent service and was thorough in offering us initial information. Second, Kim was very available throughout the process and gave us honest, reasonable expectations when we met about our dinner. Too, she provided creative ideas and worked diligently to make the night very special! I’m very glad we chose 255 Milledge. It was wonderful night!

Sent on 06/17/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Julie! We LOVED hosting your son's rehearsal dinner! You made our job easy and fun! We sit him the best in his marriage!

Avery R. · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely perfect!

255 Milledge was the perfect place for our wedding! I fell in love with it the moment we arrived. The house is beautiful and the garden stunning. It’s even more beautiful now than when I booked it last year- the wall paper and light fixtures have been updated and are gorgeous! Kim Moss and her staff made the whole process a dream- every detail reflected the picture I had of how I wanted our big day to be. I loved everything about having my wedding here and would 100% recommend 255 to anyone looking for a romantic garden wedding venue- it is perfect!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Jennifer W. · Married on 04/12/2019

Our Son’s Rehearsal Dinner

We had our son’s rehearsal dinner at 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams. This venue is absolutely beautiful! The house and gardens are amazing. We were able to have our dinner outback in the gardens. Kim did a wonderful job at planning the layout for our event. Kim and Bonnie were always available anytime we had questions. We had great weather and a beautiful evening outside surrounded by the beautiful gardens. I promise you will love Kim and Bonnie! You will never regret having a beautiful place to invite your guest to along with the staff at 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams Estate.

Sent on 04/29/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind review! We LOVED working with you and were thrilled with how your son's rehearsal dinner turned out! Just fabulous! It was the perfect evening! Please let us know if we can ever assist you with any future needs!

Eunice · Married on 03/23/2019

Classy and Tasteful

The reviews for this venue were 100% accurate. We could not have asked for more! From the pleasant and honest feedback during the wedding planning, to the well-organized rehearsal, to the smoothest day-of coordinating. All of our guests have been raving about how the venue was classy and tasteful. Thank you, 255 for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 04/12/2019

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you, Eunice, for your encouraging words! We absolutely LOVED working with you and you were truly a STUNNING bride! You guys are the type of clients who make our job FUN and EASY! We wish you all the best in your marriage! Stop by anytime :)

Cindy R. · Married on 03/07/2019

Amelia and Dustin's Secret Garden Wedding

I highly recommend 255 Milledge for your wedding venue. Kim and all of her staff is there to make sure that your magical day is a success. The gardens and Hardeman-Sams House is the perfect secret garden setting to help you achieve for your wedding day dreams. My daughter, Amelia Rhodes Cline had a very specific vision for a vintage wedding, and Kim took all of our ideas and created the most magnificent wedding. If you are planning a wedding in the Athens, Ga area, please consider reaching out to Kim Moss. She is amazing!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Beth R. · Married on 01/05/2019

Spectacular Venue and Team

Working with 255 Milledge was an absolute pleasure throughout the process of planning our daughter’s wedding.

Kim, Bonnie and Kathy were spectacular to work with. We truly appreciated their suggestions, attention to details, on-going support, quick response, and seamless execution. I was able to relax and enjoy the day knowing everything would be elegantly taken care of.

A huge THANK YOU to the 255 team for making our daughter’s wedding a success and a day to remember forever.

Without any hesitation, I highly recommend 255 Milledge for your event.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Dede Y. · Married on 12/08/2018

Excellent Venue

We were so fortunate to have our rehearsal dinner at the Hardeman-Sams House. What a beautiful home! It was decorated for Christmas and couldn't have been more elegant. Kim was so professional and always available to answer any questions. She was there the night of the dinner and had everything in place when we arrived. Nothing was last minute. Everything we asked for was done as requested. She also provided us with a list of vendors, which was a big help for us! If you are planning a wedding or rehearsal dinner, The Hardeman-Sams house is the place to have it!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Shelbi

Shelbi K. · Married on 11/03/2018

The most perfect day at THE MOST perfect venue!

My husband and I's wedding at 255 Milledge was nothing short of perfect! This was primarily due to Kim, Bonnie, and the amazing staff at the Hardeman-Sams House! Upon touring the venue, you know that of course it is gorgeous and going to be the most beautiful venue for a wedding. However, beyond it's natural beauty, it truly was everyone at the venue who made everything come to life for our wedding. Planning with them was a smooth and amazing process - they were willing to help with as much as we needed at any time. And our actual wedding day... oh my gosh the day... myself and the bridal party was pampered on all day and I did not have to worry about a single thing except relaxing and enjoying my day with friends, family, and my husband! They really made my whole vision come to life and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their wedding or event here!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Sarah B. · Married on 10/13/2018

Charming Venue

Not only is the venue absolutely stunning, but the staff was great to work with. Kim and Bonnie are amazing and made our experience perfect. They were quick to answer any of my questions/concerns, always available for us to stop by with vendors, and outdid themselves on the day of our wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/27/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Sarah, we truly LOVED working with you + Michael! Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team and send the kudos that are so well deserved! You made a stunning bride, and we are thrilled to have been a part of your perfect day!