16 Reviews for 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House

Flatware (2)
Glassware (2)
Parking (2)
Indoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Cake (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
16 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House Reviews

I had my wedding at this GORGEOUS venue a few weeks ago, and it was perfect! Everything in the garden was blooming; the portico and porch are elegantly decorated; and the inside of the house is so charming. I have so many wonderful things to say about Hardeman-Sams, not only about the venue itself, but also the staff. They were very professional, friendly, and accommodating.

I HIGHLY recommend opting to have Kim and her team handle day-of coordination if you don’t have a wedding planner. Kim is a perfectionist about every detail. She made sure our vendors had what they needed and that everything was set up and displayed beautifully. She also kept us on track with our timeline so that each part of the night (ceremony, toasts, cake cutting, send-off, etc.) flowed seamlessly. There are so many little decisions that need to be made the day of your wedding, and I was glad I could relax and enjoy my day, knowing that Kim would ensure things were carried out properly.

A few other things I loved about this venue: (1) The landscaping looked truly stunning, with lots of greenery and flowers. There were plenty of beautiful spots to take photos. They also treat the garden to make sure there are no bugs/mosquitoes to worry about. (2) I didn’t need to bring many decorations because the venue is already beautiful and nicely decorated. (3) The bridal suite is spacious, has a private bathroom, and it attaches to a sunroom, which was a great place to do makeup because there is plenty of natural light. There is also a groom's suite (also with a private bathroom), which many of the other venues I considered did not have.

Photo for 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House Review - View from under the tent.
Profile Picture Caitlyn , 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CLASSIC ATHENS-PERFECT NIGHT!! We held my son's rehearsal dinner at 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams house and could not have been more pleased. Kim is wonderful. She knows how to put on a party and bring all the vendors together. When it started to rain, Kim went into action on plan B and the party continued without a hitch! Thank you for a wonderful evening-I'd do it all again!!!

Profile Picture Babs, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great experience at 255 Milledge! The house and grounds are beautiful...so many guests complimented how gorgeous the venue was the day of our wedding. Kim, the owner and manager of the venue, is a joy to work with. I had several meetings with her and my wedding planner at the venue. She was always prepared and so accommodating. She is also incredibly easy to work with. Kim and her amazing staff were very present the the weekend of my wedding...they catered to every need of our wedding party. They especially took care of my husband and me by making sure we always had everything we needed throughout the day of the wedding. This venue is also incredibly pet friendly which was an important aspect to me and especially my husband. The cost of the venue is certainly reasonable given the amenities and staff support. I would absolutely book my wedding here again. I have so many happy memories of my wedding weekend because of the service my husband and I received at this venue!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

255 Milledge was a beautiful venue to have our wedding reception. The Hardeman Sams House has so much character and charm everywhere you look, it was absolutely perfect. Kim was so helpful during the planning process and was so instrumental the day of the event in helping everything run smoothly. My favorite part of the experience at Hardeman Sams was getting to stay the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids in the beautiful rooms upstairs. In the morning we were able to relax and get ready together while enjoying the yummy mimosas Kim brought ;)

Photos
Profile Picture Erin, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The folks at the Hardeman- Sams house are a BREATH OF FRESH AIR! They are professional, excited about what they do, and follow through with what they say. The house and gardens are stunning - like a scene out of the most perfect movie. You will not be disappointed to have your event here, I promise! Five stars all day, any day.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

255 Milledge has to be the best place to host an event in Athens. My husband and I were married here just this past May, and we enjoyed every minute of the day, thanks in huge part to 255 Milledge and Kim Moss and her staff.

Leading up to the big day, Kim (or a member of her staff) was always available via email or phone or a quick drop-in to the venue. I was not living in Athens at the time, but would stop in on occasion after meeting with other vendors in the area or my wedding planner. Kim was always willing to pop over to the venue to let me (or my mom or my mother-in-law or my then-fiance) in to look around or to talk about coordinating everything for the big day.

They are extremely accommodating here. I had a large bridal party with girls staying at multiple different hotels, so Kim was kind enough to let us arrive at the venue early Saturday morning to have our hair and makeup done at the venue. The bridal suite is enormous and very comfortable, so having 9 women lounging around in robes all day with makeup and hair artists circulating in and out was not crowded at all (shockingly!). They also brought us champagne and coffee, so we felt truly pampered. The boys also had their own separate room to get ready, complete with an enormous big-screen tv, comfy couches, and free beer (insert praise-hands emoji here). Also, we were bringing in our own alcohol (rather than going through the caterer), and Kim let us bring everything up a few days early and store it at the venue. This really helped make Friday and Saturday less hectic for us.

The venue itself is gorgeous of course. The pictures do not do it justice, but that said, it is the perfect backdrop for photographs. It exudes elegance without feeling stuffy or skimping on comfort. The place is simply beautiful, and Kim takes excellent care of it.

I cannot say enough good things about Kim. She instantly made me feel welcome from the first time I came to visit. She embodies hospitality.

Profile Picture Lorrin, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely fabulous wedding at this venue and the day went perfect as planned. The owner Kim made sure I was happy with everything and she really made sure my day was everything I wanted. The bridal suite is gorgeous and the garden is beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception

Our wedding was April 7, 2018. We had a church ceremony and our reception here. We had the most amazing time with our family and friends. The owner, Kim Moss, is astounding. Her genuine heart encompasses you. She cares about you as the bride and your day. You will rest easy with her help. For my wedding reception, she met me in the morning and helped all the way until the end of the night. Kim made sure everything went smoothly. I cant thank her enough for making my day perfect. PLEASE, make this place one of your options at LEAST. Meet her, talk with her, seek out your options. Kim has so much to offer you. Her assistant is absolutely wonderful too. Give it a shot and good luck wedding planning!!!

Photo for 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House Review - Inside stairwell. Phtoo Credits: By Design Creations
Profile Picture Melinda, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was the perfect spot for our wedding! The space was intimate and breathtaking. The staff was so kind and very helpful with any questions we had along the way of the entire process. They had multiple staff members present during our wedding to share the moment and to help make sure the process went smoothly. You will definitely get your money's worth having your wedding (or any event) here!

Profile Picture Shari, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the perfect place for a wedding!! The house and backyard garden are beautiful and provide many opportunities to take awesome photos. There are so many creative ways to arrange the ceremony and reception. Ms. Kim so sweet and super helpful!! We had an amazing experience here and highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sam Hardeman's House is remarkable. The house itself has the charm of Milledge homes, with an incredible "Man Room" and Bridal Suite. The garden outside is maintained well and allows for a great wedding space, where the couple may marry in the garden and follow into the home for the dinner/dancing. We appreciated that the rental spaced included table, chairs, and dining ware at no separate cost. Our only woe was as result of new ownership the gas line hadn't been switch over, and as a result the bridesmaids and I had to take cold showers, and we were unable to heat up our appetizers. That said, recently under new management, we feel like this space is only going to get even better! The new owner, Kim Moss, is lovely and attentive about improving the house and guest experience.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor
4.7

I used the Hardeman Sams House for my reception of about 140 people. It was cozy, but utilizing the porch and upstairs made it very doable for that size, and my guests had nothing but positive things to say about the HS House. My favorite thing about the Hardeman Sams house is that you have the rental all day. We were able to set up that morning, my bridal party and I enjoyed getting ready there, and once the groom and groomsmen arrived I had lunch set up, and then we did the bulk of our pictures. Great (and beautiful!) venue!

Profile Picture Diana, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was perfect for our wedding of 60 and it's so beautiful. We got the house for the whole weekend for the price you get most venues for 6 hours!! We did our ceremony out in the garden and the reception indoors. We also used the upstairs for getting ready.
The only downside is that you must get the alcohol through them which makes kind of a disconnect between the catering and the bar. Also, it's only beer and wine.
Also, there is no speaker in the garden, so you have to either use live music or get your sound person to set up a speaker out there (which turned out to be no problem for us)
Sara is very helpful and responsive. She even let us come look at the house again, way after we signed the contract and the deposit was returned to us within the week. There were a few things I didn't know and a couple small areas of confusion so just make sure you review the contract before the wedding so there aren't any surprises. For example, I could have sworn i was told/read that I had 14 days to pay the bar bill, but we had to pay it the night of. I really can't recommend this venue enough if you are having a more intimate wedding!

Profile Picture User3387246, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect for a small wedding, beautiful well kept house and gardens. My fiance and I married in the gazebo in the garden, which was just perfect for our small wedding of 40 guests.

The interior, front porch and gardens make for the most beautiful wedding photographs too.

Profile Picture Holly, 6/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and reception at Hardeman Sams. The venue was gorgeous. The only downside was that after signing a contract, if I called the number for the Hardeman Sams, no one ever answered the phone or returned my calls after leaving a voicemail. Luckily, I had the managers cell phone number and email. Overall, I enjoyed the venue.

Profile Picture User3427414, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews