255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House Reviews

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Buermann · Married on 10/13/2018

Charming Venue

Not only is the venue absolutely stunning, but the staff was great to work with. Kim and Bonnie are amazing and made our experience perfect. They were quick to answer any of my questions/concerns, always available for us to stop by with vendors, and outdid themselves on the day of our wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Sarah, we truly LOVED working with you + Michael! Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team and send the kudos that are so well deserved! You made a stunning bride, and we are thrilled to have been a part of your perfect day!
  • Shushanik

Shushanik Hovakimyan · Married on 09/28/2018

Stunning venue with character and exceptional service

I had the pleasure of photographing an elopement at this stunning venue and I am in love with every bit of it! The bride and groom rooms are well designed and equipped with everything you may need on your big day. There are plenty of picturesque corners for stunning portraits and every room is more beautiful than the last one. The venue tells a beautiful story and there isn't much you need to add for a spectacular event. Kim is the kindest, most professional venue owner you could ask for. She goes above and beyond for her clients and provides exceptional service! Southern hospitality at its finest. Oh and don't let me forget the garden area, filled with a mix of lush greens, flowers, decor and twinkle lights you are bound to be charmed by it. Overall if you are looking for a quality space with character and exceptional service for your event - look no more!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 06/16/2018

I had my wedding at this GORGEOUS venue a few weeks ago, and it was perfect! Everything in the garden was blooming; the portico and porch are elegantly decorated; and the inside of the house is so charming. I have so many wonderful things to say about Hardeman-Sams, not only about the venue itself, but also the staff. They were very professional, friendly, and accommodating.

I HIGHLY recommend opting to have Kim and her team handle day-of coordination if you don’t have a wedding planner. Kim is a perfectionist about every detail. She made sure our vendors had what they needed and that everything was set up and displayed beautifully. She also kept us on track with our timeline so that each part of the night (ceremony, toasts, cake cutting, send-off, etc.) flowed seamlessly. There are so many little decisions that need to be made the day of your wedding, and I was glad I could relax and enjoy my day, knowing that Kim would ensure things were carried out properly.

A few other things I loved about this venue: (1) The landscaping looked truly stunning, with lots of greenery and flowers. There were plenty of beautiful spots to take photos. They also treat the garden to make sure there are no bugs/mosquitoes to worry about. (2) I didn’t need to bring many decorations because the venue is already beautiful and nicely decorated. (3) The bridal suite is spacious, has a private bathroom, and it attaches to a sunroom, which was a great place to do makeup because there is plenty of natural light. There is also a groom's suite (also with a private bathroom), which many of the other venues I considered did not have.

Sent on 07/01/2018
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 8
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 9
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 10
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 11
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 12

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words and for taking the time to review us, Caitlyn! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Michael. We loved having you guys and are so happy to hear that everyone had a wonderful time. We really appreciate your feedback and we are so lucky to have been able to host such a great group of folks for such a wonderful occasion. Thank you for the honor! :)

Babs · Married on 06/15/2018

CLASSIC ATHENS-PERFECT NIGHT!! We held my son's rehearsal dinner at 255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams house and could not have been more pleased. Kim is wonderful. She knows how to put on a party and bring all the vendors together. When it started to rain, Kim went into action on plan B and the party continued without a hitch! Thank you for a wonderful evening-I'd do it all again!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Babs! We really appreciate it and are overjoyed to hear that you loved your experience here. It was certainly an honor being able to host you and your wonderful friends & family for such a special dinner. You were a pleasure to work with.Thanks again and hope to see you again in the near future. Don't be a stranger. :)

Kate · Married on 06/09/2018

We had a great experience at 255 Milledge! The house and grounds are beautiful...so many guests complimented how gorgeous the venue was the day of our wedding. Kim, the owner and manager of the venue, is a joy to work with. I had several meetings with her and my wedding planner at the venue. She was always prepared and so accommodating. She is also incredibly easy to work with. Kim and her amazing staff were very present the the weekend of my wedding...they catered to every need of our wedding party. They especially took care of my husband and me by making sure we always had everything we needed throughout the day of the wedding. This venue is also incredibly pet friendly which was an important aspect to me and especially my husband. The cost of the venue is certainly reasonable given the amenities and staff support. I would absolutely book my wedding here again. I have so many happy memories of my wedding weekend because of the service my husband and I received at this venue!

Sent on 06/28/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to review us, Kate! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful day! We absolutely loved being a part of it. Everything was beautiful and your family & friends were a delight. We wish you and Eric a lifetime of happiness. You guys are great together. Don't be strangers. :)

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

The folks at the Hardeman- Sams house are a BREATH OF FRESH AIR! They are professional, excited about what they do, and follow through with what they say. The house and gardens are stunning - like a scene out of the most perfect movie. You will not be disappointed to have your event here, I promise! Five stars all day, any day.

Sent on 06/12/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Jessica, Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to review us! We are so thrilled that you were happy and LOVED being a part of your wedding celebration. We wish you nothing but happiness in your new life together. XOXO

Lorrin · Married on 05/19/2018

255 Milledge has to be the best place to host an event in Athens. My husband and I were married here just this past May, and we enjoyed every minute of the day, thanks in huge part to 255 Milledge and Kim Moss and her staff.

Leading up to the big day, Kim (or a member of her staff) was always available via email or phone or a quick drop-in to the venue. I was not living in Athens at the time, but would stop in on occasion after meeting with other vendors in the area or my wedding planner. Kim was always willing to pop over to the venue to let me (or my mom or my mother-in-law or my then-fiance) in to look around or to talk about coordinating everything for the big day.

They are extremely accommodating here. I had a large bridal party with girls staying at multiple different hotels, so Kim was kind enough to let us arrive at the venue early Saturday morning to have our hair and makeup done at the venue. The bridal suite is enormous and very comfortable, so having 9 women lounging around in robes all day with makeup and hair artists circulating in and out was not crowded at all (shockingly!). They also brought us champagne and coffee, so we felt truly pampered. The boys also had their own separate room to get ready, complete with an enormous big-screen tv, comfy couches, and free beer (insert praise-hands emoji here). Also, we were bringing in our own alcohol (rather than going through the caterer), and Kim let us bring everything up a few days early and store it at the venue. This really helped make Friday and Saturday less hectic for us.

The venue itself is gorgeous of course. The pictures do not do it justice, but that said, it is the perfect backdrop for photographs. It exudes elegance without feeling stuffy or skimping on comfort. The place is simply beautiful, and Kim takes excellent care of it.

I cannot say enough good things about Kim. She instantly made me feel welcome from the first time I came to visit. She embodies hospitality.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 13
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 14
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 15
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 16
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 17

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Aww! Lorrin! We love you and Wil and are SO EXCITED to hear that you guys had an amazing day. That makes our hearts smile. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We had an absolute blast with you, your family, and friends. You are welcome to stop by 255 Milledge anytime. We always love to see you. Best wishes on your forever! XOXO

Lauren · Married on 04/19/2018

We had an absolutely fabulous wedding at this venue and the day went perfect as planned. The owner Kim made sure I was happy with everything and she really made sure my day was everything I wanted. The bridal suite is gorgeous and the garden is beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding!!

Sent on 04/24/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

We are thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re so happy that your wedding day turned out to be everything you wanted it to be! We hope you are enjoying married life!

Melinda · Married on 04/07/2018

Our wedding was April 7, 2018. We had a church ceremony and our reception here. We had the most amazing time with our family and friends. The owner, Kim Moss, is astounding. Her genuine heart encompasses you. She cares about you as the bride and your day. You will rest easy with her help. For my wedding reception, she met me in the morning and helped all the way until the end of the night. Kim made sure everything went smoothly. I cant thank her enough for making my day perfect. PLEASE, make this place one of your options at LEAST. Meet her, talk with her, seek out your options. Kim has so much to offer you. Her assistant is absolutely wonderful too. Give it a shot and good luck wedding planning!!!

Sent on 04/21/2018
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 18

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Aww! Melinda! We love you both and are SO EXCITED to hear that you guys had an amazing day. That makes our hearts smile. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We had an absolute blast with you, your family, and friends. Cheers to LOVE!

Holly · Married on 06/29/2014

Perfect for a small wedding, beautiful well kept house and gardens. My fiance and I married in the gazebo in the garden, which was just perfect for our small wedding of 40 guests.

The interior, front porch and gardens make for the most beautiful wedding photographs too.

Erin · Married on 06/02/2018

255 Milledge was a beautiful venue to have our wedding reception. The Hardeman Sams House has so much character and charm everywhere you look, it was absolutely perfect. Kim was so helpful during the planning process and was so instrumental the day of the event in helping everything run smoothly. My favorite part of the experience at Hardeman Sams was getting to stay the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids in the beautiful rooms upstairs. In the morning we were able to relax and get ready together while enjoying the yummy mimosas Kim brought ;)

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 19
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 24
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 25
    255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House 26

Shari · Married on 03/30/2018

This venue was the perfect spot for our wedding! The space was intimate and breathtaking. The staff was so kind and very helpful with any questions we had along the way of the entire process. They had multiple staff members present during our wedding to share the moment and to help make sure the process went smoothly. You will definitely get your money's worth having your wedding (or any event) here!

Sent on 04/23/2018

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to review us, Shari, and for your kind words. We absolutely LOVED working with you and your family! You are welcome to stop by 255 Milledge anytime. We always love to see you. Best wishes on your forever! XOXO

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

This is the perfect place for a wedding!! The house and backyard garden are beautiful and provide many opportunities to take awesome photos. There are so many creative ways to arrange the ceremony and reception. Ms. Kim so sweet and super helpful!! We had an amazing experience here and highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 10/08/2017

255 Milledge Hardeman-Sams House's reply:

Kim, Thank you SO much for you kind review and for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate it. It was such a pleasure working with you and we loved all of your cute creative touches. We wish you both the best in your future together. xoxo

This venue was perfect for our wedding of 60 and it's so beautiful. We got the house for the whole weekend for the price you get most venues for 6 hours!! We did our ceremony out in the garden and the reception indoors. We also used the upstairs for getting ready.
    The only downside is that you must get the alcohol through them which makes kind of a disconnect between the catering and the bar. Also, it's only beer and wine.
    Also, there is no speaker in the garden, so you have to either use live music or get your sound person to set up a speaker out there (which turned out to be no problem for us)
    Sara is very helpful and responsive. She even let us come look at the house again, way after we signed the contract and the deposit was returned to us within the week. There were a few things I didn't know and a couple small areas of confusion so just make sure you review the contract before the wedding so there aren't any surprises. For example, I could have sworn i was told/read that I had 14 days to pay the bar bill, but we had to pay it the night of. I really can't recommend this venue enough if you are having a more intimate wedding!

Diana · Married on 08/01/2015

I used the Hardeman Sams House for my reception of about 140 people. It was cozy, but utilizing the porch and upstairs made it very doable for that size, and my guests had nothing but positive things to say about the HS House. My favorite thing about the Hardeman Sams house is that you have the rental all day. We were able to set up that morning, my bridal party and I enjoyed getting ready there, and once the groom and groomsmen arrived I had lunch set up, and then we did the bulk of our pictures. Great (and beautiful!) venue!

3.0

We had both our ceremony and reception at Hardeman Sams. The venue was gorgeous. The only downside was that after signing a contract, if I called the number for the Hardeman Sams, no one ever answered the phone or returned my calls after leaving a voicemail. Luckily, I had the managers cell phone number and email. Overall, I enjoyed the venue.

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2016

3.0

The Sam Hardeman's House is remarkable. The house itself has the charm of Milledge homes, with an incredible "Man Room" and Bridal Suite. The garden outside is maintained well and allows for a great wedding space, where the couple may marry in the garden and follow into the home for the dinner/dancing. We appreciated that the rental spaced included table, chairs, and dining ware at no separate cost. Our only woe was as result of new ownership the gas line hadn't been switch over, and as a result the bridesmaids and I had to take cold showers, and we were unable to heat up our appetizers. That said, recently under new management, we feel like this space is only going to get even better! The new owner, Kim Moss, is lovely and attentive about improving the house and guest experience.