24 carrots Catering & Events Reviews

24 carrots Catering & Events 2
24 carrots Catering & Events 3
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 07/29/2011

24 Carrots was fantastic! The food was delicious and everyone raved but they did so much more than food. From the chivari chairs, silverware, bar service...everything was done so well. We choose to have some after hours snacks tray passed and they were a huge hit! Lynn took care of us and was amazing. We wound up being a little under in our number of guests and they took some costs down which helped us save and pay for other things for the wedding. The staff was very professional and there was never a line at the bar. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 04/08/2011

24 Carrots provided our food and event rentals for our wedding at Rancho Las Lomas. Everything was perfect and amazing. The food was wonderful and the event staff was very nice and on top of everything. We did not have to worry about a thing because they had it all covered. We highly recommend 24 Carrots for your next event!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Jenny · Married on 10/09/2010

I just got married on oct 9th and I must say the food was a big hit! Both our cocktail and dinner menus were vegetarian, which is not common in most weddings but everyone repeatedly told us how much they loved the food.

I also enjoyed so much working with Lynn Rinek, our event planner. She was so wonderful to work with and so accommodating to our needs. She made the entire experience so memorable and pleasant. We had to change the reception venue the last minute and she was able to help us execute the vision we had for the event with very little time. We had an outdoor wedding and it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to and I am so proud that it was mine.

I would recommend 24 Carrots to anyone who is planning an event, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/20/2010

heather · Married on 09/25/2010

24 Carrots has to be THE best catering company in Orange County. We only used them for our cocktail hour, bartenders, and for a french fry bar to accompany the In and Out Truck that we had instead of a formal sit-down dinner. The food is still being talked about! They provided us with cute mason jar glassware and great beverage selections. A bit pricey, but toatally worth it.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Nicole · Married on 03/13/2010

24 carrots did a great job at our wedding. In the process of planning everything we worked with Heather and she was AMAZING! She was extremely flexible. The food was fantastic and all of our guests for more than satisfied with all that was offered.

Sent on 06/23/2010

tAMMY · Married on 10/10/2009

24 Carrots-- WONDERFUL STAFF- EXCELLENT VALUE- THEY GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR YOU!! They exceeded my expectations. The food was incredible - my guests told me that the food was some of the best they have ever had. The staff are wonderful to work with - very accomodating and flexible. I also appreciated their advice and honesty on how to improve my wedding reception/ceremony such as adding lighting (which made a huge difference) but not spending additional money on other upgrades. My wedding set up was perfect- they also provided extra support (at no cost) like lighting candles, putting extra things on our tables, and helping out with whatever we needed. Honestly, I was completely blown away by 24 Carrots, as were my guests.

Sent on 10/21/2009
  • Jesse & Tracy

Jesse & Tracy · Married on 09/01/2012

The food was awesome! We received so many compliments from our guests. Especially the beef & wasabi mashed potatoes in martini glasses--yum! We had a buffet and they really optimized the set-up so everyone could get through the lines quickly. Biggest plus - they were flexible with our needs and worked with us so their bartenders could serve our 'signature drink' my husband's own special homebrew beer, to our guests. The only knock on them were some attention to detail errors when trying to finalize the contracts and document mixups but it all worked out in the end. Kimberlyn and her team were great. Very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Great food. The staff was attentive and even packed up our extra desserts! They are a little pricey, but oh so worth it.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Connie · Married on 06/20/2010

Our venue, Rancho Las Lomas, required us to use 24 Carrots since ours was a weekend wedding. We were at first a little miffed that we were forced to use them, and when we went to our first tasting, we were pretty disappointed. However, they let us do second tasting (after we asked) and we were so happy we asked. The second tasting was way better than the first one; almost seemed like two different catering companies.

Luckily, the food was more like our second tasting than our first tasting; very good. The servers were all extremely professional and friendly. All of staff is very friendly, professional, and quick. We were impressed with how quickly they were able to turn the area from ceremony to reception.

Our only nits:
    -the way that the menu is that Rancho provides and those by 24 Carrots are confusing about the minimum number of guests required. There were a mismatch, which we were confused about and we were a little short of the minimum. Very small nit though.
    -after our event, we had some follow up questions but never heard back. Pre-wedding communications were excellent though.
    -we only gave a 4 for value; they're not expensive by any sense of the word, and they are very very good, but they're not ridiculously inexpensive. ;)

Sent on 06/30/2010
  • Jeanna

Jeanna · Married on 01/07/2017

3.0

24 Carrots = Top of the line in professionalism and service!! They were wonderful to work with (Shelby & Chelsea in particular)! The ONLY reason I gave less than 5 stars on the value is because of the prices on the kitchen rentals. However, the service and food were perfect! Every guest raved about how their filet was perfectly cooked!! I cannot say enough about what a great experience I had working with Shelby!! 24 Carrots is truly top notch!!!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Peter · Married on 09/30/2011

3.5

Everyone at 24 Carrots were great to work with! They made this major part of the wedding stress free for us. The service and food were amazing and all our guests had a great time. Lynn was on-site, ready to go and, when I realized we forgot something after the wedding at 11pm, she was quick to pick up the phone and help out!

Sent on 10/13/2011
  • O

Adina · Married on 05/29/2011

24 Carrots catered our wedding at Rancho Las Lomas. Since we did not have a choice of caterer, we were a little concerned because we have been to many a catered affair and usually are unimpressed or underwhelmed by the food. It's not possible to serve close to 200 people and have the food taste good too, is it? Well, apparently it is. We were truly impressed at how well 24 Carrots catered our wedding. The staff was professional and efficient. Plus, the food was delicious!

Sent on 07/03/2011

Caitlyn · Married on 06/08/2018

We could not be happier with how our wedding turned out! We were at Ole Hanson with 24 Carrots and were blown away by the food and the service. From our tasting to the meal the day of, we were beyond satisfied and so impressed by the quality of food. We've gotten so many compliments from guests who said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Would definitely recommend 24 carrots!

Sent on 07/02/2018

talia · Married on 06/11/2011

24 Carrots was very accommodating, fun, and professional. The food was excellent!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Tiffany · Married on 10/30/2010

24 Carrots food was amazing!! I got tons of compliments about both the hor d vors and the main dish. The staff at the wedding was friendly and everything flowed really nicely. The only complaint I would have is that their office staff seemed unorganized. They lost both checks we sent to them via mail, and we had to rush around at the end to get a cashier's check for the final payment. They did mail us the check's once they found them, but it seemed a little unprofessional.

Sent on 11/23/2010
  • W

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2010

Amazing. I loved my team at 24 Carrots. They worked with me to meet my budget and made my day truly special.

Sent on 12/13/2010

3.5

Our wedding was at Rancho las Lomas and as there exclusive vendor we had to book 24 Carrot. The service is great! Elise was our coordinator and always responded immediately to my emails.

Our tasting was perfect, we were able to take 2 additional guest at no extra charge. The food was delicious and our server ended up being our coordinator for that day so it was nice to have a familiar face.

At the wedding we had our own sever assisting my bridal party and family. They provided us with food and drinks throughout the night. It was a nice gesture. They also provide my hubby with a special meal.

The price was a bit high considering that the venue also charged us for the table and chair rentals. But overall the food and service was great. The portions were nice and big and the food tasted just as great as in the tasting.

My overall experience was that the service and food was superb. We did feel that they try to squeeze every penny out of us but they are not pushy is just that they charge for everything. Nevertheless, we received many positive reviews on the food which was a priority on our wedding list!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Stefanie · Married on 05/31/2012

Delicious South of the Border cuisine at my wedding. Although they are pricy, you will get a delicious meal and professional service / servers.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2011

24 Carrots did a phenomenal job catering my wedding at Rancho Las Lomas! The guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how they licked their plates clean. The appetizers, presentation, dinner and drinks were served professional by the wonderful staff. Bravo 24 Carrots!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Susan · Married on 03/12/2011

3.5

24 Carrots provided amazing food & service at our wedding. Many of our guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Their service personnel are all true professionals and helped create a fantastic atmosphere at our wedding. We can't thank them enough!!
    -Susan and Michael 3-12-2011 at Rancho Las Lomas

Sent on 03/29/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2009

3.0

24 Carrots was awesome. The food at our wedding was AMAZING!! We decided to do a strolling cocktail party with stations and try passed hors devours. Mashed potato martini bar, pasta bar, grown up grilled cheese sandwiches w/ tomato bisque, mini sliders and a chocolate fountain. We got many comments on how good the food was and how cool it was that they were able to make their own.

My only complaint was that we paid A LOT for an open bar and they ran out of many types of beers and liquors early in the night. Guests were disappointed and we were too. When we called to express our displeasure, they said that they did all they could do and even went to the store once to buy more. My opinion is if we paid for the liquor, they should have gone back to the store 10 times to keep the bar stocked if needed.

Other than that, everything was PERFECT!!

Sent on 01/27/2010

Natalie · Married on 05/14/2016

3.5

Overall, very pleased with 24 Carrots and would recommend them for your wedding. We ran away from Jay’s Catering after some bad communication issues and sub-par food tastings. We had a great tasting with 24 Carrots and were able to get a weekend tasting which was a no for every other caterer we asked. They are a well-oiled established machine, very professional, and accessible with your own personal planner/contact. They have a huge selection and also created a custom entrée that was a special dish to us (our engagement meal, so cute!). We had:
    Cocktail Hour:
    • Popcorn shrimp (big hit)
    • Bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates (big hit, the blue cheese isn’t overwhelming)
    • Bruschetta
    Main Entrées
    • Pork Ragu (custom dish)
    • Chicken Saltimbocca (w/risotto cake and asparagus)
    • Vegan ravioli (not our favorite but pleasing vegans was not high on our priority list)
    I will say the tasting was better than the day-of food but I understand that when you’re going from 5 people to 125 people there will probably be some dips in quality. Even though we didn’t think to ask, we LOVED that they dedicated 2 servers just to the two of us and they made sure that when we were off taking photos during cocktail hour that we had at least one sample of each of the appetizers and followed us around with drinks the whole night.

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 04/02/2011

The food was excellent!

Sent on 07/24/2011
  • Brandon & Alexis

Alexis · Married on 06/29/2019

Food Was Great! Service was OK

Everyone LOVED their food at our wedding, could not give 5 stars because of service. We gave everyone name tags with what type of food they were eating, but the staff ended up asking everyone anyway.... Also the bar staff kept denying my friends drinks saying they had just gotten one, but in reality they were just mistaking them for someone else... which is frustrating as a guest. We loved the food it all came out hot and tasty, would definitely recommend their food.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Kathie-Duyen

Kathie-Duyen · Married on 01/24/2015

3.5

24 Carrots is a very professional team. Their services and product is good but there is room for improvements. Through the planning process they are extremely helpful and professional--their quality of food and presentation is good but not the best.

Sent on 02/22/2015