24 carrots Catering & Events Reviews

24 carrots Catering & Events 2
24 carrots Catering & Events 3
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 04/13/2013

We got married at Franciscan Gardens in San Juan Capistrano (owned by 24 Carrots). I have always heard great things about 24 carrots and I see their van everywhere, so I was excited to work with them for our wedding day! Our tasting blew us away. Every single thing we tried was amazing. We had a hard time choosing what to serve at our wedding. We also had some vegan and gluten-free guests, and 24 carrots was able to make them their own dishes. The food at our wedding was amazing! We received so many compliments on how yummy it was... Which we all know is rare at weddings! The next time I throw a big party, I will definitely look in to using them again!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2012

Where do I begin. This company and all its employees ROCK! I was married at Rancho Las Lomas on November 11, 2012 and the venue required us to use 24 carrots... At first, this made me nervous. Until I started meeting with my other wedding vendors (flower, makeup, etc.) and they ALL raved about the food and service. This made me feel really good. When we went to have our tasting...I was blown away by the food. During our wedding, we had soo many compliments from our family and friends on how great the staff was.

As most of you have probably attended weddings in the past, a lot of the times you see the bride and groom not get to eat. The staff made sure we got our reception snacks and made sure we were served first! So I got to eat!!

I highly recommend this caterer!

Sent on 01/21/2013
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2012

Can you say amazing wedding food!!! Most people leave wedding thinking that the food was either mediocre, boring, the typical, or COLD, with 24 Carrots you get the complete opposite. My family asked if we could have the same food from our wedding on Christmas Day, that’s how good it was.

My husband and I wanted something different than the typical wedding food, so we did stations of various things (mashed potato bar (served in martini glasses), salad bar, pasta bar (served in martini glasses), and prime rib carving bar). This turned out better than I had expected. I was worried there would be lines; there wasn’t, I was worried people would think it’s weird or not get full; everyone left stuffed because they ate more than they needed to because it was so good. The presentation alone with 24 Carrots is top notch. The way our cocktail appetizers were served was beautiful, our tray passed ceremony champagne turned out fabulous, everything…I could go on and on!

24 Carrots is not the cheapest cater in town but you definitely get what you pay for. The staff OMG, they are amazing, everyone and everything was taken care of. Us (the bride and groom) along with our bridal party were pretty much waited on hand and foot. If we needed food, a drink anything we were always the first served and were never empty handed. We worked with Kimberlyn and she made everything so easy and was always quick to respond and accommodate us. Thanks for everything; we will for sure be using them again. Maybe have our exact wedding food for our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Lindsey · Married on 09/28/2012

Our menu was a bit out of the ordinary :-) We wanted gourmet meals, but miniaturized so we could give our guests variety during our cocktail style reception, but still keep it classy and make sure they were as full as they would have been with a "sit down" meal. I also wanted an ice cream bar in lieu of a wedding cake desert and giant soft pretzels for our To-Go package for our guests. 24 Carrots didn't hesitate to accommodate my special requests... they immediately threw some ideas around and we had a wonderful tasting that was exactly what we pictured. The day of our wedding, the food was just as amazing as our tasting. One of our dishes was mashed potato martinis with braised beef... one of my guests, very enthusiastically, told me that the mashed potatoes tasted like they were "kissed from heaven." I still, months later, hear from everyone there that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Other than the potatoes, the other highlight was the Fish and Chips in a paper cone. Everything was a hit! To top it off, 24 Carrots supplied my gloom and I with To-Go Boxes of all our dishes to take with us to our hotels. I was so happy that I don't have one of those stories, which you hear from your friends all the time, of going through a drive-thru on your wedding night :-)

Sent on 11/15/2012

Traci · Married on 08/26/2012

Thank you 24 Carrots for the EXQUISITE service and food! We first had the pleasure of going into 24 Carrots main office to sample the foods for our wedding~ The staff at 24 Carrots couldn't have been nicer, and the food was just absolutely delicious!! It was a blast selecting our menu for the wedding :-) The whole staff were so professional, and were very attentive to our guests! I highly recommend 24 Carrots for any big event~ Thanks again for your outstanding work!!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Food was amazing, and service was perfect, need I say more? I was so greatfull for 24 carrots catering my wedding. I forgot to plan a few details in my wedding and they went above and beond to add the little touches I left out. I would highly recomend

Sent on 07/16/2012

24 Carrots is an amazing catering company. We ended up "having to" use them as our caterer because we were getting married at Rancho Las Lomas, but what a blessing it was to have them cover our catering! We worked with Nicole, and she was so friendly, professional, and skilled throughout our vendor relationship with her. She handled everything down to the most minute details, incorporated all of our wants, and made excellent suggestions in cases where we weren't sure what we wanted. Our wedding coordinator even approached us and commented that 24 Carrots was the best catering company she'd ever worked with. Thanks Nicole!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Kristian · Married on 05/27/2012

We loved 24 Carrots. Lynn was amazing and helped out with so much! We had our wedding at Vibiana and Lynn and her team made it perfect! And the food was amazing!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Joi · Married on 05/27/2012

So many people told us that our wedding food was the best wedding food they ever had! The meal was so perfectly prepared it was hard to believe it was served buffet style. The appetizers were incredible, and the tray passed service was great. The staff is really polite and good at their job. The tasting was incredible and made us feel really special, I think Heather conducted mine, and she was a complete sweetheart. I could not have asked for better catering and I'm glad that we chose 24 carrots and Franciscan Gardens.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2012

My husband and I were married in May at Rancho Las Lomas. As soon, as we had picked the venue we were immediately in contact with Lynn at 24 Carrots. From the moment I spoke to Lynn, I knew everything would be perfect! Throughout the planning process, she was in complete contact with me, and I love her for responding to each and every one of my emails! She never made me feel like I was bothering her, or that my questions were silly.
    We were on a tight budget! Lynn helped us stay within our budget, with still having everything we wanted! Proposals were sent via email, in a breakdown format, so you could see the exact cost per item.
    The food was amazing, and yes my husband and I were able to eat dinner! They served us first! They even brought appetizers, and drinks to us while taking pictures! Our guests raved and still do about how wonderful the food was, and how they loved the appetizers! We had fun appetizers, grilled cheese, and tomato soup, shrimp cocktail in a martini glass, and ahi tuna in a wonton spoon! We had a sit down dinner. We had three different entrees. Each item was on the standard 24 Carrot menu, however they let us change a few things to the entrees to personalize them to our taste.
    The staff was amazing; Lynn of course will forever hold a special place in my heart for making this all happen! The servers, the bartenders, etc., were so helpful and nice. They were pleasant to all of my guests, and assisted with my grandmother who is handicapped. Making sure, she had something to drink and was comfortable. That to me gives the staff 10 stars! The staff did an amazing job with a quick setup, and flip from the ceremony to dinner to after hours, which made it so easy for my planner and florist to setup for each event! Lynn and 24 Carrots thank you for making our wedding day so magical. If I ever have a big event I will be sure to call you! Thank you! Kristen

Sent on 09/18/2012

Hoang · Married on 04/28/2012

YUM!!! Need I say more? It was a joy working with Anne while choosing our menu. Everything we tasted was delicious that we knew that whatever we decided on that everyone would love it. And they did!!!

Sent on 05/07/2012
  • Denell

Denell · Married on 03/31/2012

Overall, 24 Carrots was awesome! I was a bit worried at first that people would think that the Mexican food was cheesy, but EVERYONE complimented me, although I didn't make it, on how great the food was! We didn't get to have any of the hor'devours but I know from the tasting that they were amazing! We did get to sit down and enjoy our dinner. They had a team that plated and served our dinner, and even a team that went up to the suites to get the bridal party drinks and hor'devours. Everything tasted amazing. We did the Pablano Chicken which was nice and moist. We had buffet service and it looked like people were moving through the lines pretty quick. All in all- the service and food was great! 24 Carrots owns the venue so you have to use them for your food, but it's not a bad thing. They may be a little pricey, but you are getting good quality food and it all tasted great!

Sent on 04/06/2012
  • Z

Aimee · Married on 01/29/2012

First of all, I wanted to try everything on the menu. After hours of salivating over the entire menu, we were able to narrow down our choice to the Southern Hospitality buffet. It was a different choice than I had ever seen at a wedding and we love southern food. The food at the tasting was so good and they let you take home the leftovers!! On the actual day, the food tasted exactly like the food at the tasting (which I'm sure it hard to do when cooking for masses). All of our guest still talk about the food and say it was the best wedding food...many even went back for seconds! Absolutely delicious!!!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Darlene · Married on 09/10/2011

There is absolutely nothing I can complain about when it comes to 24 Carrots. They are awesome to work with! My event specialist, Kimberlyn, was the sweetest person to work with not to mention super efficient, responsive and professional. She was a dream to work with - I'm sure the rest of 24 Carrots staff is just as great but if you get to work with Kimberlyn you will not regret it!

Our guests loved the food and service at the wedding - they are still raving about it! After the wedding, we saw so many photos of the FOOD on our friends' and families' Facebook pages! Everything about the event ran smoothly...at least to my knowledge...and if any issues did come up they must have handled everything asap b/c my hubby and I were never bothered or stressed out about anything catering related the entire night. I believe 24 Carrots is great at handling every last detail. They are a bit of an investment but they truly handle so many details and aspects of the event plus the fact that they are so pleasant to work with makes it worth the investment.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Elisa · Married on 08/28/2011

We worked very closely with Jami at 24 Carrots. She was FABULOUS. When we came for the first tasting, before we met her, there was a different woman (no longer there) and a different chef (no longer there). We were a bit dissatisfied with the tasting, but as soon as we contacted Jami, she quickly assured us we could come back and have another tasting. The second time around, we were thrilled with the results- the new chef is superb, and the appetizers, main course, and desserts were absolutely spectacular. Furthermore, the food was even better at the wedding. You wouldn't know they were cooking for 150 people!

Working with Jami was so incredibly easy. She responded to every email very quickly and efficiently, always with a positive and pleasant vibe. She had many helpful suggestions, and coordinated beautifully with all the involved vendors.

Finally, the staff of 24 Carrots on the wedding day far surpassed our expectations. They took great care of us, the bride and groom, from start to finish- from having a plate of appetizers and champagne ready for us at a remote location as we took pictures right after the ceremony, to having all our untouched food wrapped for a late night snack. We had an incident at our cocktail hour where some of the guests placed themselves right at the entrance where the waiters with appetizers emerged, leaving the majority of guests without food. The waiters recognized this and quickly reorganized. They cunningly outsmarted our guests by taking other routes to reach the rest of the hungry guests- WAY TO GO 24 CARROTS! :) This type of response is just an example of thoughtfuless and attentiveness that 24 Carrots gave us throughout the day and the planning process.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Janelle · Married on 08/20/2011

The food was amazing. They were very helpful with our guests special dietary needs.

Sent on 09/07/2011

Travis · Married on 07/29/2011

Great food, good service, reasonable prices.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Erin · Married on 07/22/2011

Let me say that 24 Carrots is the best catering company that I have ever worked with or eaten food from! The food was mouth watering and the service was exceptional. I fell in love with their "candy bar cupcakes" at my tasting and had dreams about them for a week. Their presentation of their delicious food is also amazing, very creative and the perfect extra something that we were looking for.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Christine · Married on 07/22/2011

The food was SO good that it impressed our foodie friends! The plated service was impeccable and the staff was very attentive. But, best of all, the fabulous Kimberlyn made the entire process easy and fun.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kirby · Married on 07/03/2011

OH MY GOSH- 24 Carrots did the most amazing job at my wedding!

I worked with Jami Willis pretty much exclusively, and she was amazing. She always got back to me, had great ideas, and made everything happen seamlessly.

ALL of my guests said it was the best food they'd EVER had at a wedding- and people were blown away by the service!

My mom said the thing she loved most about them was that it looked like they didn't even break a sweat! People were amazed to learn that they had set up a full kitchen and cooked everything on site.

All the food was fantastic- hot food came hot, cold food was cold, the presentation was amazing, and I loved how Jami worked with us to switch up the menu.

I did family-style service, and it was just pulled off perfectly. Short ribs, chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie lasagne- I wanted all the classics but done elegantly and with a twist- and 24 Carrots made it happen!

I can't say enough about them- and Jami in particular!

PS- after looking far and wide for great cupcakes, we did a tasting with 24 Carrots and decided to use them for dessert after all. Their desserts were incredible, and they even packed up the leftovers and put them in our fridge! (TRY the chocolate peanut butter pies!!!).

Sent on 07/06/2011

marina · Married on 04/29/2011

24 carrots catered our wedding last month and they were amazing! from the very beginning (which was a year and a half ago) to the day of, heather (and the 24 carrots team) was great and on top of things. knowing that the food was very important part to us, she really went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. everything was so delicious! we are still getting compliments from guests about how tasty everything was. the wait staff was really great as well. they were very attentive and were always making sure my husband and i were OK with drinks and food. they helped make our wedding so special (and stress free) for us and our guest. thank you so much 24 carrots (and heather!), you're the best!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Jennifer · Married on 03/18/2011

24 Carrots is hands down THE BEST catering company in Orange County! We used 24 Carrots for our wedding this past March, and this post will never be able to express how amazing they are. Here are some of the top reasons to choose them as a caterer for your next event:

1. THE FOOD - Seems obvious, but so many caterers don't focus on the quality of their food! Everything at our tasting was delicious!! It's easy to serve delicious food to a couple though...what really impressed us and our guests was the quality of the food at the actual wedding. You hope the food will be the same quality the day of the wedding, but when feeding over a hundred people that can be a challenge for some caterers. Not for 24 Carrots!! Everything...appetizers, salads, main course, late night snacks...was perfect. Served at the appropriate temperatures, excellent taste, great portions. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!!!

2. THE PEOPLE - Kimberlyn Richardson was our event coordinator. Words can't express how awesome Kimberlyn is! Her focus is catering, but beyond making sure the catering and rentals are perfect, she is so nice and truly cares about the people she's working with. She goes the extra mile to make sure you're happy and well taken care of. Additionally, all the staff at 24 Carrots (servers, bartenders, chefs, even people who work in the office/accounting areas) were extremely professional, nice, and treated us very well!

3. PRESENTATION - Their food is plated and garnished so beautifully. Really shows the pride they take in their work. The great thing is that it doesn't just stop there...LOVED that when they served our guests dinner all people at the table were served at the exact same time. This made everyone feel so special...exactly as it would be presented at a high end restaurant.

4. OVERALL VALUE - 24 Carrots is definitely not the cheapest catering company in the area and I am huge on value, so in the beginning I struggled with pricing. In the end though, it's clear to me that hiring 24 Carrots is worth far more than what you pay. We did not have to worry about one single detail in regards to catering because we were reassured at every point in the process not just through words, but through actions, that we would be well taken care of. When investing in a major event, this is something you can't put a price on. Combine that with the amazing food, people, and presentation style, and you really can't afford to not hire them. They won't disappoint even the most picky or detail oriented (trust me -- I'm both :) )!!!

Sent on 04/06/2011

marisol · Married on 12/19/2010

We were amazed for the great service, everything was perfect, the set up it rained all day but they had plan B. Wow the food was delicious and our guest truly enjoyed and kept praising such a wonderful personnel. 24 Carrots is great! Heather is amazing! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Mary · Married on 09/26/2010

THE BEST!! 24 Carrots Catering is by far the best....The food presentation was incredible and delicious!! The event coordinator, Jami Willis, goes above and beyond for you, I didn't have to worry about anything with Jami on my side. All my guests were so impressed....They're still talking about how wonderful my Wedding was!!
    Also, I was on a pretty tight budget, but they accommodated me, you would have thought I spent 3 times the amount I really did....I planned my Wedding in 6 weeks, you would have never known :)

Sent on 12/03/2010

Danielle · Married on 09/05/2010

I dont know where to begin because 24 carrots and especially Laura Burkle meant so much to me...but ill try :)
    You would have to know me (the perfectionist) to understand that my review is wholeheartedly honest. Beyond the amazing food that they make and the creative ways in which they serve and display the food, the people that work for them are the warmest, kindest and most caring people. Laura, you have no idea how greatful I am to have met you. I always looked forward to our visits and phone calls (she was my part time therapist LOL). 24 carrots didnt just get the job done; they understood the people we were and made the party as if we ourselves had hosted the wedding at our home.
    You wouldn't believe how many people have called me and came up to me at the wedding to tell me how amazing the food and the service was.
    Just to give you an example...My husband Seth and I were sitting in the bridal cottage (at Rancho Las Lomas) waiting for the guests to finish the cocktail hour and then find their seats. During that time, two of the servers came to us and asked us what we would like to eat and drink. To some this may sound insignificant, but on the day of my wedding it made me feel like a queen.
    Its the little things :)
    In addition to the food services, 24 carrots are amazing at invitations. I wish I could post mine to show all of you.
    ok ill stop writing... but I recommend 24 carrots for any event and I will definitely be using them again should I ever have a GRAND party.
    xoxo Danielle