25 Reviews for 20 South Productions

4.7
Liability Insurance (1)
22 20 South Productions Reviews

TD Layman was by far the best DJ. He did and incredible job talking with us on our schedule before the event, incorporating our taste in music selections fro the event from the cocktail hour, dinner, and dance floor. He captured the attention of the crowd and was a professional MC for the reception. He read the crowd and had every dancing the night away; we couldn't be happier with our choice! We keep hearing great feedback from our guests on the music and couldn't recommend a better DJ for a Charlottesville wedding.

Profile Picture Carina, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My (now) husband and I reached out to 20 South Productions in hopes to find a DJ that would fit our low-key vibe for our wedding. I've been to too many in the past where the DJ is a little too in your face, calling out people specifically who are taking a dancing break or talking a lot during songs to pump up the crowd. That's great for some people, but my husband and I were going for a different vibe. We were recommended Mark Allen, whom we were able to speak with via phone and email to make sure we were on the same page. Mark was great. We were able to send him Spotify links and make a no play list - which he was happy to stick to. We spoke with him a few weeks before the wedding to finalize and go over everyone's name and pronunciation, timing for certain dances, etc. Mark was great and so very kind, and was everything we were looking for in a DJ! The night went so smoothly thanks to him!

Profile Picture Jen, 6/25/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We initially booked 2 Wishes for our engagement party, and we loved them so much that they are playing for our rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour in between our ceremony and reception! Joy and Mike are the sweetest duo, the epitome of professional, and really know how to play to a crowd. They are the type of duo who can easily blend into background music or engage your crowd, depending on your preferences. 2 Wishes is the perfect band for us!

Profile Picture Addison, 6/16/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Band

We had Mark Allen at our wedding. He did an amazing job. Very professional. Kept the music flowing perfectly for our guests to stay out on the dance floor all night. It was easy to stay in touch with him during the whole planning process. The price was also very reasonable. I would highly recommend him to anyone for their wedding or event.

Profile Picture User7001070, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Finding a DJ was very easy using 20 South. We used Greg Tutwiler as our DJ and thought he did an outstanding job.

Profile Picture Alex, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy did a great job playing music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night. He was very professional and I heard several great comments about his music selection.

Profile Picture User5297567, [Private], 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so happy that we hired a band through 20 South Productions! We hired the country & bluegrass band, Hoof Wiggins, and they were amazing. Everyone was raving about the band to us; we received great feedback on them. They were super affordable, and 20 South and the band were so easy to work with. They were willing to work within our budget, which was very helpful. Hoof Wiggins sounded so great. We went to see them at a festival in Scottsville a few weeks before the wedding, and had a great time. They're very laid back and fun. We really cannot say enough good things about them! We loved them! We want to keep seeing them if they play anywhere soon. Great band and great process of getting them at our wedding!

Profile Picture Jill, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

I used 20 South Productions for my fall wedding at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton, VA. The DJ I used was Daniel Sims, he was great. We provided a guide, but he also added in songs he thought the guests would love and took requests. Very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris was extremely helpful in finding a pianist for our wedding, when the other musician cancelled on us a week out from our wedding. Wish we had gone with him initially.

Profile Picture User3683526, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay (and his team of wife and son) were great. They made sure to play all of the songs we wanted to hear on our special day. We loved that he wanted us to give him a "Do not play" list. Although it was pretty hot on our wedding day, he made sure to stay outside for the sake of the party. We would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Phillip, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
0.7

We contracted Gordon to do the DJing for our wedding. We gave him a list of exactly what we wanted played and he didn't follow it at all. We had mostly up-beat music on our playlist for the dancing portion of our reception. He ended up playing what we assume was his own selection which involved over 50% of music we didn't request. Not awful but we don't recommend him.

Profile Picture Brian, 6/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Gordon Hahn was great! He knows how to read a crowd and everyone had a good time. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Connie, 6/8/13, 5 Reviews
3.7

I used 20 South Productions to find my ceremony musicians. I also contacted them to find a DJ, but ended up not going with any of their suggestions. The booking manager Chris seemed a little brusque and almost put out to help me or answer questions, but the ceremony musicians were wonderful. I booked The Bluebird Group in Charlottesville, VA, which consisted of a trio of a classical guitar, violin and flute. Maxx, the flutist and leader, was wonderful in helping me choose my music for the processional and recessional and she was able to make beautiful arrangements for the hymns I wanted during the ceremony. Overall I was happy that I booked the trio, but I would contact groups individually if possible.

Profile Picture Kristina, 5/25/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My DJ was Andy and it was just amazing!!! He kept the party going the whole time!! I mean everybody was dancing from my grandfather to the little kids!! It was the perfect music at the perfect time!! One of my guest fell and he was able to mend her and assess the situation right away as in his free time he is a flight medic...which is pretty awesome!!! He kept the whole night moving smoothly with everybody having the greatest night ever!!! He knows what is in and knows what he is doing!!! He also did my ceremony music and was on top of everything!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/2/12, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used 20 South Productions to hire our DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception. DJ Pauly Madison had great prices and a great personality. We were very happy with his services leading up to the wedding. We had several Skype chats and phone calls with him to plan our event and we appreciated his responsiveness. He is a professional DJ with experience and it showed on our wedding day. He played the songs that we asked for, the way that we asked for them and we were pleased with his DJ skills. He also has a nice online planner that is helpful when choosing your song list. We were very happy we chose Pauly and our guests had a lot of fun on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Katy, 5/11/12, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I were most impressed with the quality of 20 South in providing the DJ and MC duties at our daughter's wedding at Keswick Vineyards. From his handling of MC duties to his impeccable timing of the playlist, Pauly Madison was the consumate professional. Even when he had a problem with a microphone, he had it fixed in a jiffy and never missed a beat. He seamlessly integrated some additional toasts from my long winded family, which was much appreciated. If you're looking for a professional outfit to handle your wedding, 20 South is the way to go!
Bill & Pat Willliams

Profile Picture Bill, 4/28/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We contracted with Gordon Hahn through 20 South Productions to be a DJ for our reception. We wanted a DJ who would stay more in the background while helping keep the evening flowing. Gordon did an excellent job at picking music selections. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire evening. We loved his song selections and danced the night away! (and our families usually aren't big dancers so we were very impressed!) The only thing we wished might have been different is that he played music during my dad's toast (father of the bride) and we had to send a groomsman to tell him to turn it off because it was too distracting. Other than that, it was a fabulous evening! We were very glad that we paid money for an extra hour of music on top of the normal 4 hours. It was totally worth it!

Profile Picture Jean, 7/16/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Ran Henry through 20 South Productions. Ran was so understanding and thoughtful. He really is quite a DJ and a great person in general. His sincerity and care made us feel that we were in good hands. He was absolutely perfect for our wedding.

Profile Picture Anna, 5/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

20 South (Chris Munson) provided us with the Charlottesville Quartet (we actually had a trio to save money) during our ceremony. The Trio was beautiful and perfect. They were responsive and the music was gorgeous. The cost was low and made the ceremony my favorite part of the day.

Profile Picture Ethan, 10/16/10, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We worked with Chris at 20 South to book Adam Carter, an outstanding local cellist, to play at our ceremony. Chris was extremely helpful, responsive, and professional, and he worked with us to find a cello soloist, something they don't usually offer. Adam did a terrific job, arranged to rehearse beforehand with our church organist, and the two played a beautiful duet together.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/14/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I used 20 South Productions to book the ceremony and reception musicians for our 7/10/2010 wedding. We were in Switzerland when I made most of the arrangements to select and reserve and I found 20 South to be incredibly helpful and responsive. My husband, myself and our guests were all very impressed with both the DJ and the string quartet 20 South recommended and helped us arrange.

Profile Picture Annik, 7/10/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We hired Mike Offner, one of the DJs that Chris from 20 South suggested. He gave us an extensive list to choose from, but I feel we made the right choice with Mike. He was very polite and professional, and played the "right" songs from our suggestion list (filled with tunes from the 70s contributed by our parents). Furthermore, he kept the party going, and everyone had a great time. The booking process was hassle-free (and eco-friendly). I would definitely recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/20/09, 3 Reviews