196 Events Reviews

196 Events 3
196 Events 4
196 Events 5

Amber · Married on 06/23/2018

Where do I start?! 196 is absolutely amazing!! Devail and Nikki are the most down to earth people we have ever met!! We hit it off on our first meeting and we texted them before we left the parking lot to let them know that we wanted to work with them. They were very responsive to my emails and text messages and only wanted what was in our best interests! On our wedding day they surpassed our expectations!! Our guests did not want to leave the dance floor and didn’t want the night to be over!! Though there were just a few snags along the way, Devail and Nikki kept it very professional and fun!! I sweated out my hairstyle, that’s how much fun I had and it was all thanks to 196 events!! If you’re looking for a DJ that’s going to keep the party going, then give 196 events a call: you will NOT be disappointed!! P.S. they have the coolest photo booth as well!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    196 Events 6
    196 Events 7
    196 Events 8

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

BEST PHOTO BOOTH EVER!!!!!!! Literally the only thing I can say is that my biggest wedding regret is not getting in the booth myself enough! The pictures are amazing, this couple is amazing, everything is TOP NOTCH!!!! Gorgeous pictures, modern set up, friendliest staffing ever - not only should you hire them, but you should also tell your DJ and wedding planner to encourage people to get their butts over to the booth as much as possible - because people are going to go crazy for these pictures! Also, the team is SO easy to work with and will find you the PERFECT backdrop and PERFECT photo booth strip design. SO patient. SO kind. So, I'll say it again - BEST PHOTO BOOTH EVER!!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

196 Events's reply:

Wow, Liz! I don’t even know what to say. Thank you so much for this gleaming review. You guys were a great couple to work with. We appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your wedding day! ❤️
  • Claudia

Claudia · Married on 05/12/2018

Devail was the best! We had what some might call a smaller wedding, so I was a little worried about keeping people on the dance floor...but Devail was great about playing the music we liked, getting people motivated, and even getting on the dance floor with our guests!! 10/10 would recommend for any other bride in Hampton Roads!

Sent on 05/19/2018

196 Events's reply:

What an awesome review! We really appreciate you and Derek for letting us take part in your wedding. Small group our not, we had a great time celebrating with you! It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Melanie · Married on 04/28/2018

Nikki and Devail helped make our wedding night, they made sure everyone was out dancing all night and that everyone was happy! We loved their service!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    196 Events 9

196 Events's reply:

Melanie, thank you for the awesome review. I'm glad we didn't disappoint! We had such a great time celebrating with you & Cody. We're so happy for you guys and grateful that you trusted us with your big day.
  • I

Ijeh · event on 01/01/2018

196 events really made a huge difference at our Christmas party! The music selections were really great and the photo booth....AWESOME!! It's was so much fun creating memories and fun photos with the props they provided. The best part was the instant gratification of having the photos texted directly to your phone w/ the option of selecting individual photos that they would either email or upload to your social media pages soon afterwards. 196 events is run by an awesome couple who bring a lot of event experience to the table and who are pros at providing excellent customer service and who are dedicated to making every event they service A GREAT ONE!! I would recommend over and over and I definitely plan on using their services again!! #happy customer #hirethem #youcanthankmelater

Sent on 12/28/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2017

I give Devail and Nikki a 5 out of 5 because they did an amazing job. They were so responsive and so positive 24/7. When the wedding came around they were 100% prepared and did a great job getting the crowd to dance. He even mixed Spanish music into the bunch because of our bilingual crowd! I highly recommend 196 events!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    196 Events 10

Kristin · Married on 08/26/2017

Devail and Nikki were amazing to work with from beginning to end. They worked hard to ask the probing questions during our two meetings that were needed in order to personalize our wedding reception. Devail acted as DJ and emcee, keeping the atmosphere fun and festive. Several of our guests commented on how 196 Events wowed their expectations and they enjoyed the musical mix. Thank you so much for helping to make our reception an amazing time and memory. Love you both!

Sent on 09/18/2017

196 Events's reply:

Thanks Kristin! It was a pleasure working with you and Doug!

Tashora · Married on 07/01/2017

You guys are the BEST!! I really appreciate everything!!! I was looking around for photo both for my husband's retirement party and you were exactly what I was looking for!!!
    So thank you very much!!! Will definitely keep you in my for my next event!!!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

196 Events's reply:

Congratulations on the retirement and thanks for the great review! We had an awesome time with you and your guests!

David · Married on 03/25/2017

Devail and his wife Nikki were a joy to work with. They were extremely helpful, extremely courteous, and just plain fun. Our guests had a blast with their photo booth and Devail had the dance floor filled the entire night. We would highly recommend them to any other wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/17/2017

196 events were perfect for my husband and I event. We had a vow renewal March 17th, and Mr. and Mrs Echols from the start were very professional. If I ever have another event I will definitely use them again, and highly recommend them to all.

Sent on 03/23/2017

196 Events's reply:

Thanks Jennifer! I had a great time at your vow renewal! Blessing to you and Inalbert.

Dan · Married on 10/15/2016

Kaitlin and I wanted to thank you and your wife for everything! We expected a dj to play the dance songs and play some tunes for the dance floor, but you guys went way above that and really helped keep things organized and moving along. And getting out on the dance floor and getting involved and getting others involved was more than we thought, it really turned the night into a great time for everyone. Thank you for your help in making our wedding such a fun time. We have nothing but great things to say and we will be recommending you to anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Adia · Married on 06/26/2016

196 Events is amazing! They bring so much fun and professionalism. I especially loved the photo booth. The fact that you can easily text your photos straight to your phone and have them within seconds is awesome! The photos were also high quality, much more than what you would expect from a photo booth. I highly recommend them for a wedding, party or any event for that matter.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Brooks · Married on 06/12/2016

Mr Echols was the DJ at my daughters wedding this past Sunday. We had a smaller group of about 110 guests from the very young to the very old. This man has the talent, charisma and timing to get all of them and I mean all of them on the dance floor. We had at one time 4-5 different groups dancing "off the floor" because the dance floor was full. If you are considering a DJ, I can assure you this man will have the party going until you are forced to close it down as we had to. He was and is worth every penny he ask for. I would hire him again in a instant and pay up for the privileged. Mr Echols, THANK YOU for giving my daughter the reception of her dreams... My hat is off to you sir!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Devail & the rest of the Echols Entertainment team made our big day so easy and enjoyable! Very easy to work with! Not only does he provide great music, but he provides a package with lighting and a digital photobooth!! It definitely helped give our wedding a much gratifying experience for our guests! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ for ANY event!

Sent on 05/23/2016

196 Events's reply:

Thank you for the great review!

Rich · Married on 05/14/2016

196 Events is by far the best wedding entertainment company in Virginia. They are extremely friendly and professional. Very easy to work/communicate with. Email and phone response time was prompt and informative. Played great music throughout the cocktail hour and reception. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, as were we - the bride and groom. We are so grateful to the 196 Event team for all their hard work, dedication, and attention to detail. My wife and I were lucky enough to work with Devail and the entire team. Thank you again!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

196 Events's reply:

Thanks Rich! We thoroughly enjoyed your wedding. Blessings to you and your family.

Devail is the best! He worked with me extensively with the playlist for our reception, as well as the reception timeline. If I had a question, he was very easy to get a hold of. He was exceptionally good at getting our guests onto the dance floor and I loved the fact that he interacted with them. I would definitely recommend him for anyone needing a DJ at their wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2016

196 Events's reply:

Having an organized time line is key! Thanks for the review!

Devail is an awesome DJ, very professional and easy to work with!! Book him for your event!! Don't wait!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Scott · Married on 10/24/2015

Devail made celebrating out big day so easy. He took great care in working with my husband and I to make sure that he would be playing the music that we and our guests were going to enjoy. He provided lighting that helped give our wedding that extra splash of color! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional and courteous DJ!

Sent on 11/12/2015

196 Events's reply:

Scott! Thanks for the review. I had a blast dj'ing your wedding. You and Chris were a pleasure to work for. Thanks!

Paula · Married on 10/10/2015

We received so many comments about how wonderful our DJ was.

Sent on 11/02/2015

196 Events's reply:

Paula, thank you for your business this year. The wedding was beautiful!

Julie · Married on 08/15/2015

Devail and Echols Entertainment was by far the easiest part of planning the wedding. He made everything stress free. We were able to enjoy the wedding and reception worry free. He kept the reception right on schedule and all of our guests engaged with the variety of music. He was so awesome that if I hadn't just been married and he wasn't already married I would have married him. Haha just kidding but he is the best DJ ever!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Leah · Married on 07/31/2015

Devil was amazing! All of our guests kept saying how great the music was and how fun Devail was! He interacted with the guests and kept people on the dance floor. He was great at getting back to us and answering our questions. He was very professional and I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/04/2015

196 Events's reply:

Leah! Thank you for your review! I can still see Chris doing the Whip and Nae Nae. :)

Devail made me feel very comfortable from our first meeting, which was such a blessing considering the stress that can come with planning a wedding. He was very professional throughout our entire dealings with him. Our guests really seemed to love him, commenting on how much fun they had. Devail did a great job of keeping everyone on the dance floor and I recommend him whenever someone says their getting married. He was a lot of fun and I cannot express enough how smooth the reception was with him Djaying. He was so awesome and I cannot speak enough about how grateful I am. If there was an ability to give 5 million stars I would.

Sent on 10/08/2015

C · Married on 05/31/2014

I strongly recommend your company/services to family and close friends, and those alike who are in search of a Enthusiastic/Electrical DJ. This DJ were very punctual with song selection during my surprised birthday party. Thanks again for making my surprise party a memorable one!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Maela · Married on 10/02/2010

Devail was great! Kept the party going and made the evening so much fun! Was very professional and personable and reasonably priced. If you're looking for a great DJ to make your event perfect, Devail is your guy!

Sent on 12/21/2015

196 Events's reply:

Maela, Thank you for your review! The Signature at Westneck was a great location and the wedding was beautiful!

Andrew · Married on 06/13/2015

Devail Echols did a great job serving as the DJ for our wedding. He worked in extreme hot all night long on the day of our wedding. It was near 100 degrees, and he was outside at our ceremony and at the reception site and did a fantastic job. The music got all people out their and dancing and others that really get the true party animals having a good time. He played most of the songs I requested to hear throughout the night. He seemed to do a good job of judging the crowd and playing the correct music throughout the night. One thing I really enjoyed about Devail was the easy of communication. His website made it easy to pay, chose the songs, and pretty much detail my entire wedding night. Whenever there was a question, I just called and he addressed right away. He is a fun, experienced DJ. He will even get out there himself and have a good time to get the party rocking. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the Hampton Roads area.

Sent on 06/16/2015

196 Events's reply:

Andrew, Thank you for your review! Your wedding was a blast!