173 Carlyle House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Bailey G. Getting married on 06/04/2022

Pizza Themed Party

We had the most amazing time celebrating with our friends and family at 173 Carlyle House! Amazing food, venue, and service from their entire team. Gerise went above and beyond working with us for our pizza-themed couples shower. Everything turned out beautiful and we received a lot of compliments from guests!
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn A. Married on 10/30/2021

Incredible amazing beautiful perfect!

I can't say enough about how AMAZING this venue was! From start to finish our experience was TOP-NOTCH. Gerise was helpful, professional, and just all-around awesome! She guided us every step of the way, made sure we had all of our questions answered and handled the big day with precision and perfection! The venue itself is GORGEOUS. It was the perfect space for our reception and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. The prices are the BEST around! The venue is privately owned and it shows in their pride in their work and the employees. The food was actually AMAZING. All of our guests were so happy and left with full bellies! We loved the flexibility of being able to supply our own liquor for the bar, bringing in our own DJ and photographer. We chose to get our cake from the venue and we LOVED it! All around amazing experience! I am sad it is over and will try to find another event in the future to utilize this space and service because it was just that great! Thank you so much Janouseks and 173 Carlyle House!!!
  • Barbara
    Barbara J. Married on 06/26/2021

Affordable and Attractive venue/Attentive Coordinator

While you may find other venues that are lovely they will all be missing the "Gerise" factor!
    - She was upfront and honest on pricing.
    - She took our needs for a totally gluten and dairy free menu VERY seriously.
    - She answered emails and phone calls promptly and allowed multiple visits to the venue to visualize and try out items in the space.
    - Other vendors raved about her and the culture of the venue as well.
    We had around 170 guest. We filled up the ballroom but with the space of the house and the beautiful yard and patio people had plenty of places to mingle and visit.
    173 Carlyle is a great value and much of that value is because of Gerise! It was great to know we could depend on her.
    Kylee K. Married on 03/27/2021

Don't Hesitate-Book 173 Carlyle House

We had our wedding reception at The 173 Carlyle House on March 27, 2021. Words cannot describe how absolutely AMAZING everything was! Working with Gerise was a breeze and she made everything so easy for us. I don't think most wedding food is good, but the food was unbelievable- we are still getting compliments on how good the food was! The bartenders were great and handled our party of 225 no problem! The bourbon bar was a HUGE hit. Everything at The 173 Carlyle House was so immaculately clean and beautiful. Everything was better than we ever could've imagined. The location was perfect for taking pictures in Downtown Norcross and Lillian Webb Park. We have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, the staff, and the food. We will never forget how unbelievable March 27, 2021 was thanks to The 173 Carlyle House and Gerise! We will recommend The 173 Carlyle House to everyone!
    Carolyn Married on 12/09/2020

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Venue

The Carlyle House did a great job for my son's rehearsal dinner! Gerise was super flexible and easy to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of. She really helped take the stress off me during planning and on the day of the dinner. The food was delicious and they have a beautiful venue that lends itself to both indoor and outdoor functions. I would recommend Carlyle House to anyone looking for a lovely rehearsal dinner, wedding or party venue!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much I just saw the pictures from the rehearsal dinner it was beautiful! We really appreciate all the kind words.
  • Danaya
    Danaya M. Married on 11/14/2020

The best venue and and even better Coordinator!

Hi Gerise,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for everything that you did to make our reception a success, you really made what could have been a really stressful day as painless and seamless as possible for me and I really really appreciate it. I can't say enough great things about you and your staff, everyone was so attentive and sweet. The food was AMAZING and the cake looked and tasted great. I just wanted to thank you again for your professionalism and dedication to making this day, in spite of everything going on, as beautiful as possible, I really can't thank you enough. I would recommend you and your venue to anyone looking to get married or plan an event, you're a rock star!
  • Rachel
    Rachel C. Married on 10/18/2020

Best Venue Ever!

Our venue cancelled just 50 days out due to COVID and a friend suggested 173 Carlyle House. So glad they did! The event coordinator Gerise is an absolute dream to work with! We were able to get a date in October which was such a blessing! The venue is gorgeous with tons of Southern charm! Gerise is on top of every detail! The food was fabulous and the staff was absolutely wonderful! I’m glad that our first venue canceled. Actually the entire family including the bride was happy that our first venue canceled! If you have any reason to Book the 173 Carlyle House… Do it! Oh and the price was very reasonable!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel we are so glad you guys had your event with us! What wonderful people all your friends and family were! We really appreciate the kind words and we love working for such nice people like you! :) Thanks, Gerise + All the Carlyle staff!
    Shenita Married on 07/26/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Gerise was amazing at accommodating all of our requests and making sure everything was perfect for our wedding day in the midst of a pandemic! The venue is beautiful and food was delicious. Definitely the best bang for your buck in the Atlanta area

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Oh my gosh I LOVE those pictures you guys are totally adorable! Thanks for the wonderful review we appreciate you trusting in us and your amazing attitude during these tough times!
    Jaime K. Married on 12/28/2019

Our Fairy Tale Wedding!

The 173 Caryle House made our wedding dreams come true! We hosted both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at the 173 Carlyle House and felt as if it was ¨our house" for the entire weekend.

Gerise and her staff were incredible! The 173 Caryle House is a charming location nestled right into the heart of downtown Norcross. We were also able to take incredible pictures all around this beautiful community.

Our guests also loved venturing into the downtown area throughout the wedding weekend!

A BIG thank you to Gerise for taking our ¨wedding vision" and making it a reality! We will forever remember the night you brought our fairy tale to life!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much!! You guys are adorable and it was a beautiful wedding! Still love looking at all your pictures!
    Annmarie Married on 10/05/2019

A perfect day!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the 173 Carlyle House and it was absolutely perfect!!! I could not have asked for a better day, a better venue, or better people to work with. Gerise is the BEST coordinator! She helped with so much during the planning process, the rehearsal, and the day of. Everyone raved about the food - It was delicious! I honestly could not have imagined a better place to have our wedding. We loved every minute of it!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you AnnMarie!!! We loved all your decorations and we are so glad everyone loved the food! You guys are BEST enjoy many years of happiness together.
  • Y
    Yvette Married on 07/07/2019

Yvette Yisrael

Excellent venue! Jerise was great!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing us for your special day. You guys were awesome and it was so beautiful! Thank you! Thank you!
  • Shannon
    Shannon T. Married on 04/27/2019

No stress, very professional

Where do I even begin?! Our wedding was absolutely wonderful! I knew from the moment I met Gerise that I could fully trust her and her staff. She made me feel so comfortable and she wasn’t trying to upcharge on every little thing like most of the other reception venues. Gerise would allow me to come and see the house whenever I needed too, she answered on emails very promptly, and made sure everything went smoothly on our big day! We had over 250 guest and everyone fit very comfortably even with a 5 piece band and a huge dance floor! We tented the outside terrace which added a lot of character to that area. The house was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding. I would recommend this venue to any bride who wants a “southern” wedding. It was everything I had hoped and dreamed for!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you Shannon!!! You guys were the best. We are going to miss seeing you! Enjoy many many years of happiness together! ❤️
    Natalie Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend

The staff is excellent. The service is great. The setting is clean and pretty. Both my sister and I got married there. The food was delicious!
  • Elide
    Elide Married on 02/17/2019

Charming wedding venue

I loved every bit of the 173Carlyle House! From it's wrap-around porch to it's vintage floors, the venue is great for any romantic-style wedding! The staff was great, especially Gerise who was always very quick to respond to any questions and concerns. It made our day a whole lot less stressful to know we could count on a venue coordinator that would make sure our wedding day was perfect- rain or shine!

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We love our job so much when we work with people like you guys! ❤️
  • Sanica&Travis
    Sanica Married on 11/10/2018

Perfectly Awesome!

This was the perfect place to have my wedding. Gerise was a great help and wonderful planner. She made sure all my needs were met on my day. The food was awesome and all my family and friends raved about it. Thank you for making it a great day!
    Joann Married on 10/26/2018

Jon and Sarah's Wedding 10/26/18

The 173 Carlyle is the very first venue that I found online. While they have many pictures you can’t appreciate how big and lovely this venue is.
    We knew as soon as we walked into the Carlyle House and met Gerise that we found our place. The facility is Gorgeous and there are many rooms for guests to sit and relax and have drinks and food during the bridal photos. I loved the Bridal suite that allows the Bride and Brides Maids to have a quiet place to freshen up before the Ceremony. The Bride and Groom return to that suite for a few minutes to themselves after the Ceremony. The outdoor terrace provides a wonderful back drop for the ceremony. It rained on our date so we opted to move into the ballroom less than an hour before the wedding. This staff transformed the ballroom into a chapel in 15 minutes. The rain stopped later and we moved outside to the beautiful lit terrace for more photos. Gerise assured me all along the way that everything would be perfect and she was absolutely correct. It’s clear they are experts at this. Chef Janousek and his staff provided an amazing assortment of dishes. The food was awesome! The Bride and Groom and our guests were delighted. I am so happy we chose the Carlyle House. Gerise and her staff are true professionals who operate with excellence and the pricing was surprisingly affordable. I would highly recommend The 173 Carlyle House. Thank you so much!!
    Roshni Married on 08/04/2018
    The Carlyle House was a great venue to host our small engagement party. Gerise was very easy to work with and she was very patient with any changes or requests we had. All our guests loved the food and the venue!!
  • Z
    Zulema Married on 07/07/2018
    We had a wonderful experience having our daughter's reception at 173 Carlyle House. We fell in love with the venue the minute walked in the door. Gerise was great to work with and always so helpful. The Carlyle House is beautiful and the food was excellent! We chose the chicken piccata and salmon and our guest couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food tasted. It was a fun evening celebrating with our family and friends.
    Z. Trocano
    Shirley Event on: 06/02/2018
    We had my mother-in-laws memorial celebration of her life at 173 Carlyle House. The facility, food and staff were outstanding. Working with Gerise Janousek and the staff was a great experience. They made everything easy and perfect.
    Sophie Married on 05/05/2018
    Gerise and the team at the Carlyle House were absolutely amazing. We enjoyed every second. Gerise is extremely accommodating, flexible and easy to work with! The Carlyle House was a perfectly quaint and homey feel with a patio that was flawless for a large dance floor and cocktail hour. We loved every second and would recommend to anyone deciding on where to spend their special day. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined, thank you to Gerise and the Carlyle House team!!
    Ayana Married on 04/15/2018
    We decided on Carlyle House after our original venue abruptly shut down and stole our money (in addition to about 10 other couples money also). We decided on Carylye House because the venue was beautiful, it would accommodate our wedding and reception and Gerise's Professionalism. We told her what happened with our original venue and she went above and beyond to ensure a positive, memorable experience at Carlyle House. For instance, she told the bride and groom at the wedding that took place the day before ours, what happened to us with the old venue. The bride and groom donated their centerpieces! Gerise made sure our wedding day was perfect and it was. The food was delicious. Our wedding guests are still raving about the mash potato bar. Gerise made sure our wedding day was a dream, we are so appreciative of everything she did for us. Even though we decided on Carylye House under stressful circumstances, we are glad that we had our wedding and reception there.
    Kelsea Married on 04/07/2018
    The Carlyle House is WONDERFUL! I could not have asked for a better venue or staff. They were a dream to work with.

We had more than our fair share of weather-woes and Gerise was patient, helpful and responsive throughout all of it. She helped us come up with multiple "plan B" options and it turned out beautifully!
    Mishael Married on 02/17/2018
    The venue is beautiful! The service and professionalism was excellent! The food was delicious! It was a joy working with Gerise!
    Stanton Married on 12/16/2017
    Shortly after I got engaged, I toured a good number of venues in the Atlanta area, and the Carlyle House & their staff surpassed all others from the start! The pressure and limitations that other venues put on you is non-existent at the Carlyle House. The Carlyle House helped me plan out every detail of our wedding and was so flexible and easy to work with. Being a bride without a wedding planner, there is so much that you are unaware of going into the planning process. Gerise at the Carlyle House helped with everything from creating a timeline to picking out the right DJ, Florist, Hotel, and Limo company for us. When our wedding day came around, it was an absolute dream. The staff made sure everything went smoothly and truly exceeded all expectations I ever had. The staff is exceptional, the food is so delicious, and the venue is truly stunning. My friends and family were truly amazed by our reception and could not stop complimenting it. The Carlyle House and their staff was a joy to work with and I would never have dreamt of using any other venue for our big day!