173 Carlyle House Reviews

134 | Norcross, GA

134 Reviews for 173 Carlyle House

Carolyn F · Getting married on 12/09/2020

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Venue

The Carlyle House did a great job for my son's rehearsal dinner! Gerise was super flexible and easy to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of. She really helped take the stress off me during planning and on the day of the dinner. The food was delicious and they have a beautiful venue that lends itself to both indoor and outdoor functions. I would recommend Carlyle House to anyone looking for a lovely rehearsal dinner, wedding or party venue!

Sent on 09/12/2020

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much I just saw the pictures from the rehearsal dinner it was beautiful! We really appreciate all the kind words.
  • Rachel

Rachel Clark · Married on 10/18/2020

Best Venue Ever!

Our venue cancelled just 50 days out due to COVID and a friend suggested 173 Carlyle House. So glad they did! The event coordinator Gerise is an absolute dream to work with! We were able to get a date in October which was such a blessing! The venue is gorgeous with tons of Southern charm! Gerise is on top of every detail! The food was fabulous and the staff was absolutely wonderful! I’m glad that our first venue canceled. Actually the entire family including the bride was happy that our first venue canceled! If you have any reason to Book the 173 Carlyle House… Do it! Oh and the price was very reasonable!

Sent on 10/23/2020

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel we are so glad you guys had your event with us! What wonderful people all your friends and family were! We really appreciate the kind words and we love working for such nice people like you! :) Thanks, Gerise + All the Carlyle staff!

Shenita · Married on 07/26/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Gerise was amazing at accommodating all of our requests and making sure everything was perfect for our wedding day in the midst of a pandemic! The venue is beautiful and food was delicious. Definitely the best bang for your buck in the Atlanta area

Sent on 08/12/2020

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Oh my gosh I LOVE those pictures you guys are totally adorable! Thanks for the wonderful review we appreciate you trusting in us and your amazing attitude during these tough times!

Jaime Keller · Married on 12/28/2019

Our Fairy Tale Wedding!

The 173 Caryle House made our wedding dreams come true! We hosted both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at the 173 Carlyle House and felt as if it was ¨our house" for the entire weekend.

Gerise and her staff were incredible! The 173 Caryle House is a charming location nestled right into the heart of downtown Norcross. We were also able to take incredible pictures all around this beautiful community.

Our guests also loved venturing into the downtown area throughout the wedding weekend!

A BIG thank you to Gerise for taking our ¨wedding vision" and making it a reality! We will forever remember the night you brought our fairy tale to life!

Sent on 02/07/2020

AnnMarie · Married on 10/05/2019

A perfect day!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the 173 Carlyle House and it was absolutely perfect!!! I could not have asked for a better day, a better venue, or better people to work with. Gerise is the BEST coordinator! She helped with so much during the planning process, the rehearsal, and the day of. Everyone raved about the food - It was delicious! I honestly could not have imagined a better place to have our wedding. We loved every minute of it!

Sent on 10/21/2019

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you AnnMarie!!! We loved all your decorations and we are so glad everyone loved the food! You guys are BEST enjoy many years of happiness together.
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 07/07/2019

Yvette Yisrael

Excellent venue! Jerise was great!

Sent on 10/01/2019

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing us for your special day. You guys were awesome and it was so beautiful! Thank you! Thank you!
  • Shannon

Shannon Thomas · Married on 04/27/2019

No stress, very professional

Where do I even begin?! Our wedding was absolutely wonderful! I knew from the moment I met Gerise that I could fully trust her and her staff. She made me feel so comfortable and she wasn’t trying to upcharge on every little thing like most of the other reception venues. Gerise would allow me to come and see the house whenever I needed too, she answered on emails very promptly, and made sure everything went smoothly on our big day! We had over 250 guest and everyone fit very comfortably even with a 5 piece band and a huge dance floor! We tented the outside terrace which added a lot of character to that area. The house was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding. I would recommend this venue to any bride who wants a “southern” wedding. It was everything I had hoped and dreamed for!

Sent on 06/02/2019

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you Shannon!!! You guys were the best. We are going to miss seeing you! Enjoy many many years of happiness together! ❤️

Natalie · Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend

The staff is excellent. The service is great. The setting is clean and pretty. Both my sister and I got married there. The food was delicious!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Elide

Elide · Married on 02/17/2019

Charming wedding venue

I loved every bit of the 173Carlyle House! From it's wrap-around porch to it's vintage floors, the venue is great for any romantic-style wedding! The staff was great, especially Gerise who was always very quick to respond to any questions and concerns. It made our day a whole lot less stressful to know we could count on a venue coordinator that would make sure our wedding day was perfect- rain or shine!

Sent on 04/02/2019

173 Carlyle House's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We love our job so much when we work with people like you guys! ❤️
  • Sanica&Travis

Sanica · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfectly Awesome!

This was the perfect place to have my wedding. Gerise was a great help and wonderful planner. She made sure all my needs were met on my day. The food was awesome and all my family and friends raved about it. Thank you for making it a great day!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Joann M · Married on 10/26/2018

Jon and Sarah's Wedding 10/26/18

The 173 Carlyle is the very first venue that I found online. While they have many pictures you can’t appreciate how big and lovely this venue is.
    We knew as soon as we walked into the Carlyle House and met Gerise that we found our place. The facility is Gorgeous and there are many rooms for guests to sit and relax and have drinks and food during the bridal photos. I loved the Bridal suite that allows the Bride and Brides Maids to have a quiet place to freshen up before the Ceremony. The Bride and Groom return to that suite for a few minutes to themselves after the Ceremony. The outdoor terrace provides a wonderful back drop for the ceremony. It rained on our date so we opted to move into the ballroom less than an hour before the wedding. This staff transformed the ballroom into a chapel in 15 minutes. The rain stopped later and we moved outside to the beautiful lit terrace for more photos. Gerise assured me all along the way that everything would be perfect and she was absolutely correct. It’s clear they are experts at this. Chef Janousek and his staff provided an amazing assortment of dishes. The food was awesome! The Bride and Groom and our guests were delighted. I am so happy we chose the Carlyle House. Gerise and her staff are true professionals who operate with excellence and the pricing was surprisingly affordable. I would highly recommend The 173 Carlyle House. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Roshni · Married on 08/04/2018

The Carlyle House was a great venue to host our small engagement party. Gerise was very easy to work with and she was very patient with any changes or requests we had. All our guests loved the food and the venue!!

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Z

Zulema · Married on 07/07/2018

We had a wonderful experience having our daughter's reception at 173 Carlyle House. We fell in love with the venue the minute walked in the door. Gerise was great to work with and always so helpful. The Carlyle House is beautiful and the food was excellent! We chose the chicken piccata and salmon and our guest couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food tasted. It was a fun evening celebrating with our family and friends.
    Z. Trocano

Sent on 08/03/2018

Shirley · event on: 06/02/2018

We had my mother-in-laws memorial celebration of her life at 173 Carlyle House. The facility, food and staff were outstanding. Working with Gerise Janousek and the staff was a great experience. They made everything easy and perfect.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Sophie · Married on 05/05/2018

Gerise and the team at the Carlyle House were absolutely amazing. We enjoyed every second. Gerise is extremely accommodating, flexible and easy to work with! The Carlyle House was a perfectly quaint and homey feel with a patio that was flawless for a large dance floor and cocktail hour. We loved every second and would recommend to anyone deciding on where to spend their special day. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined, thank you to Gerise and the Carlyle House team!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Ayana · Married on 04/15/2018

We decided on Carlyle House after our original venue abruptly shut down and stole our money (in addition to about 10 other couples money also). We decided on Carylye House because the venue was beautiful, it would accommodate our wedding and reception and Gerise's Professionalism. We told her what happened with our original venue and she went above and beyond to ensure a positive, memorable experience at Carlyle House. For instance, she told the bride and groom at the wedding that took place the day before ours, what happened to us with the old venue. The bride and groom donated their centerpieces! Gerise made sure our wedding day was perfect and it was. The food was delicious. Our wedding guests are still raving about the mash potato bar. Gerise made sure our wedding day was a dream, we are so appreciative of everything she did for us. Even though we decided on Carylye House under stressful circumstances, we are glad that we had our wedding and reception there.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Kelsea · Married on 04/07/2018

The Carlyle House is WONDERFUL! I could not have asked for a better venue or staff. They were a dream to work with.

We had more than our fair share of weather-woes and Gerise was patient, helpful and responsive throughout all of it. She helped us come up with multiple "plan B" options and it turned out beautifully!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Mishael · Married on 02/17/2018

The venue is beautiful! The service and professionalism was excellent! The food was delicious! It was a joy working with Gerise!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Stanton · Married on 12/16/2017

Shortly after I got engaged, I toured a good number of venues in the Atlanta area, and the Carlyle House & their staff surpassed all others from the start! The pressure and limitations that other venues put on you is non-existent at the Carlyle House. The Carlyle House helped me plan out every detail of our wedding and was so flexible and easy to work with. Being a bride without a wedding planner, there is so much that you are unaware of going into the planning process. Gerise at the Carlyle House helped with everything from creating a timeline to picking out the right DJ, Florist, Hotel, and Limo company for us. When our wedding day came around, it was an absolute dream. The staff made sure everything went smoothly and truly exceeded all expectations I ever had. The staff is exceptional, the food is so delicious, and the venue is truly stunning. My friends and family were truly amazed by our reception and could not stop complimenting it. The Carlyle House and their staff was a joy to work with and I would never have dreamt of using any other venue for our big day!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2017

We cannot say enough about how awesome the Carlyle house is! We got so many compliments on the staff, food, and overall experience! We had a blast and Gerise is so helpful throughout the whole process. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a stress free and personalized wedding. They will take care of you!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

I chose the Carlyle House early in our planning based on the size of our wedding and the layout/look of the venue and never doubted my decision! Gerise made all of the details easy leading up to the wedding and our day of manager Oli was a dream! She kept everything in perfect order and we had the exact wedding we were hoping for. I could not recommend the 173 Carlyle House more for your event.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Caylor · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding here this past weekend, and it was absolutely perfect. Everyone warned me that no one has a perfect wedding and little details are bound to go wrong, but our ceremony and reception truly were perfect thanks to 173 Carlyle House. The venue itself can be very personal with plenty of space for decor and picture frames to give your event whatever look you want. There also were gorgeous places at the venue, downtown, and at the park nearby for our wedding photos and video. Everyone loved the southern food prepared by Chef William Janousek, and the acoustic guitar groom's cake turned out perfect. Gerise, the venue coordinator, assisted us throughout the entire planning process to ensure it was perfect. Because Carlyle House took care of everything for us we were able to relax and enjoy the wedding with our guests with nothing to do! We cannot say thank you to 173 Carlyle House enough for our perfect fairytale wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Lauri · Married on 07/22/2017

We wanted our daughter to have the fairytale wedding she dreamed of. Fortunately, we decided to have the wedding and the reception at the 173 Carlyle House in historic Norcross and we are very happy to say that everything went perfectly!

The wedding ceremony was held on the Carlyle House’s beautiful, outdoor space where there are lots of large gorgeous trees and green space, along with a flat patio area for the wedding guests and the wedding party. The service was so lovely and then we moved indoors to the chandelier filled, beautiful, spacious rooms inside. The bridal room, the dining area, the dance floor, the set-up for the DJ…everything has been so well planned out!

The service was perfect and always very professional! The food was absolutely delicious and looked as fantastic as it tasted! Chef Janousek prepared a perfect wedding meal and the cakes were perfect and tasted awesome! The quality of the food was outstanding -- everything was prepared perfectly! The food experience was another highlight of using this venue -- it tasted just like a 4-star restaurant and our guests raved about how delicious everything was!

We especially want to mention the awesome Event Specialist Gerise Janousek. Gerise was a consummate professional, helping with the plans every step of the way and providing expert advice for everything involving the wedding. Things went so smoothly because of her incredible hard work and professionalism down to the smallest of details! The florist Maria and the DJ that Gerise recommended were awesome too! My husband and I were so relieved that Gerise was there every step of the way to patiently guide us and to make sure our daughter’s dream - a perfect, fairytale wedding came true! We are so happy for the happy couple and we are so happy we can so very highly recommend 173 Carlyle House!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't say enough good things about the Carlyle House. We just had our third major family event at their location and it never disappoints. We strongly recommend any type of event at the Carlyle House. Gerise is awesome and willing to work with you in any way. The food is delicious and the house is quaint, classy and warm. All my guests couldn't say enough nice things about the evening. Thank you once again for a job well done.
    Lauren