1423 Events Reviews

41 | Baltimore, MD

41 Reviews for 1423 Events

41 1423 Events Reviews

Esther · Married on 11/03/2018

Don't even think twice- book her!

We booked Erin for a wedding in downtown Baltimore for about 150 guests. We used her day of coordination services and she couldn't have done a better job. She was friendly and kind, with the ability to get big groups of people (bridal party, wedding guests) to be where they needed to on schedule.

I was originally considering if I even needed a planner because I consider myself organized and detail oriented, plus I knew that other vendors like the photographer and DJ would help with keeping things timely too.

I went ahead and booked 1423 Events and considered it a "splurge" item. NO, you need her, it's a necessity if you can swing it.

Erin provided a few calls prior to my date to discuss details (and helped me with advice based on her experience with weddings). She coordinated with my vendors to set up a realistic timeline. She got to the venue hours early and it all up all, and closed it all out at the end of the night. She also fielded my random questions while I was wedding planning, gave sound advice and responded in a timely manner.

Hiring a day of coordinator gives you the ability to sit back and relax and enjoy your day. Your mom doesn't have to run the show, your maid of honor can dance the night away with you. You're not going to get all stressed out putting out decor or arranging escort cards. You're literally buying yourself peace of mind and a day where you can be fully present to enjoy your day.

Thanks, Erin!

• Kelly

Kelly Meehan · Married on 10/27/2018

So happy we hired Erin for our wedding.

We cannot thank Erin enough for how amazing she made our wedding day. It's hard to write a review that does justice to someone who literally did everything to make our wedding the perfect day. Erin went above and beyond and was the best person that we hired for our wedding. We hired Erin as a Day of Coordinator, however she really acted as more of a month of coordinator. Erin answered all of our questions that we had leading up to the wedding and always responded back to us right away. She had meetings with us to solidify the timeline and attended our venue meeting and the rehearsal, and she was also the main point of contact for our vendors on the wedding day. Our officiant was our friend who had never officiated a wedding before and Erin walked her through what to do at the rehearsal. She also set up all of our decorations to look absolutely perfect.
    But even more than that, Erin was the person that handled anything and everything that went wrong. It was such a relief to have her by our side. When guests started showing up 45 minutes before the venue doors opened, Erin handled it. She made sure that nobody that arrived too early got in the way for photos with immediate family. If we hadn't been told before hand or seen them walk in, we actually wouldn't have known they were in the building thanks to her. When someone stepped on my dress and pulled the bustle off, Erin was right there and was able to fix it so that the bustle would hold the rest of the night. When a guest RSVP'd no and showed up anyway, Erin was able to find them a seat at a table without us having to worry about it. And when some of our place cards went missing, Erin made sure that everyone was able to get to their seats without a problem. When the officiant wasn't sure how to sign the marriage documents, Erin was right there helping her.
    Erin regularly checked on my parents, in laws, and grandmother to make sure they had everything they needed. Every time she was around she asked us what she could do for us. She packed everything up at the end of the night so it was easy to get to the hotel. Honestly, I am sure that we are missing a lot of what she did, but we cannot imagine having to do everything she did on our wedding day if we hadn't hired her. If you are on the fence about getting a day of coordinator or are not sure who to go with, we highly, highly recommend Erin. She is absolutely the person you want by your side on your wedding day.

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Erin. Is. The. Best.

I wish I could write 200 reviews for Erin. She is nothing short of magical. Working with her was the best wedding planning decision we made, hands down. She is so sweet and easy to chat with. She and her assistants served as decor wizards and turned our wedding visions into reality. She will work within your budget, manage your expectations, and provide a sense of calmness and structure to your day. You really just have to sit back and have fun - she takes care of the rest. If you haven't hired Erin yet, you're making a mistake. Thanks for everything, Erin!

Janie · Married on 09/28/2018

Beyond fabulous day of coordinator!!

I really don't know what we would've done without Erin leading up to and on the day of our wedding. Erin is BEYOND organized (obviously), but she's also a fabulous person with which to work. She helped build a timeline down to the minute, communicated with all our vendors, was available for every question, call, email and last minute planning changes and if anything was on fire on our wedding day - we had no idea because to us, it seemed like everything went off without a hitch!! The whole day ran smoothly and Erin was a source of calm, patience and organization throughout the entire process. And one of the best things of all - but she made sure we were fed and always had full drinks throughout the entire evening - which was a god send! Erin also made sure everything was packed up and accounted for at the end of the night so we didn't have to worry about a single thing. I really don't have enough wonderful things to say about Erin, except to say that hiring her was one of the BEST decisions we made and gave us the ultimate peace of mind to enjoy ourselves and not worry about a thing.

Adam · Married on 09/22/2018

1423 Events was amazing!!! We worked with Erin for our wedding at the Mt. Washington Mill Dye House and the entire process was seamless and easy. Since Erin had another event on our wedding day, Sara took over as our onsite day-of coordinator, but Erin was part of the entire planning and organizing process.

Both Erin and Sara met us in person, spoke with us over the phone, and emailed us as necessary.
    Their checklist and day-of schedule was a lifesaver!! On the day of, Sara was great. She kept her cool when vendors needed corralling, made sure our families and wedding party were taken care of, and nailed all of the little details (set up, timing, coordination with vendors, passing out tips, etc, etc).

Great value, very easy to work with, and very professional. Can't recommend the 1423 team enough!

1423 Events 1

Sandra · Married on 08/31/2018

My husband and I hired 1423 Events as our month and day-of wedding coordinator for our August 2018 wedding at the Mt. Washington Mill Dye House. We couldn’t have been more pleased! From our first interaction with Erin, we knew she was the perfect fit for us as a wedding coordinator.

I planned on doing most of the wedding planning myself but just wanted someone to be my plan implementor — and Erin was just that and more! Erin was always very prompt, professional and honest in all of our interactions and provided us with excellent advice and guidance throughout the whole process. I really enjoyed how our meetings with Erin always followed a structure, making them very productive and always very helpful and she was always very prompt with following up after meetings with promised information, documents, etc.

On the day of the wedding, Erin was excellent. She was on-time and helped coordinate the decor set up and vendor arrivals so my husband and I could focus on enjoying the day. Once we arrived on-site, Erin was a multitasking wizard, welcoming in guests, making sure the bridal party was in the proper location and order, making sure all the evenings events were on-time, helping with clean-up and any other little details/issues that popped up — we really couldn’t have asked for a better planner.

Do yourself a favor and hire this wonderfully talented and professional lady — she is excellent and really made us feel at ease on our big day. Thank you Erin!

Hanna · Married on 08/11/2018

Hiring Erin as our day-of coordinator was the best wedding-related decision we made. The plan all along was to DIY as much as we could to save money, but we didn't want to make our families work too hard during the actual wedding day, so hiring Erin allowed us to do as much prep work as we could ourselves (following her wise guidance) and then hand it over to her to execute. We found her on Thumbtack. Leading up to the wedding, we had a few in person meetings and phone calls to nail down the timeline and make a list of her priorities, and she kept us on point by bringing up details we hadn't even considered. Erin helped us navigate our wedding rehearsal since our officiant was a friend who had never done a wedding before. On the day of the wedding, she picked up our dessert for us on her way into town, did the remaining setup, checked in on me and my husband throughout the day, kept things on schedule, and managed our stress levels. She was a constant force of positivity and support, and she showed genuine interest and excitement in our ideas and plans. Our guests were impressed by her, too. Hiring Erin was a decision we would make over and over again. If you're looking for a coordinator or planner, you should definitely consider hiring 1423 Events.

Keri · Married on 08/04/2018

Wow! I've just wrapped up my wedding weekend and needed to share just how amazing Erin of 1423 Events was. We hired her as our Day of Coordinator, which really meant our month before coordinator, and it was maybe the best decision I made this entire planning process.

She helped me layout the timeline and details of the wedding day, coordinated with all the vendors in the week prior, ran our rehearsal the day before, and made sure every last detail was perfect for our wedding day. She was kind and professional, and kept us on track for the entire event—family pictures, sunset pictures, speeches, dances, cake cutting, breakdown.

I couldn't have done it without her and am so grateful for her attention to detail and professionalism. She makes it all look so easy!

Kelly · Married on 06/29/2018

Erin was absolutely amazing to work with!! She is so sweet, so professional, and was always thinking one step ahead of us throughout the entire process. We hired her for day-of coordinating but I wish I contacted her from the start/for help with full time planning! I am very type A and have experience myself planning, organizing, and running events- so my husband and I searched and searched online and went through a few interviews with other coordinators. From our first phone call with Erin, we knew she was going to be great! She just made everything so easy and asked all the right questions and we knew our guests would love her. As for the day of our wedding, she went above and beyond! Our venue- at Swan Harbor Farm- does not do any of the setting up for decorations. My husband and I purchased all of the decorations ourselves. I was nervous going into it because I knew it was a lot to set up (in a short amount of time) and was not sure how it would look! But Erin did a phenomenal job. Everything was so beautiful! Erin also did a great job making sure we were following our timeline throughout the day of the wedding. If anything went wrong that day- I definitely did not notice it!! Everything went so smoothly and it was just how I had imagined it- it was the best night of our lives! You will not regret hiring Erin!!

• W

Will · Married on 06/24/2018

Erin, thank you so much for assisting me while planning from Denver. A million curveballs had been thrown at me in the several months leading up to my wedding as well as an insane work schedule, but thanks to 1423 Events, I didn't have to worry about the schedule and arranging the decor for our big day-- EXECUTE and DELIVERED. Our wedding day was FLAWLESS and more fun than I could have ever imagined it turning out. Erin was such a pleasure to work with and so helpful in bridging the gaps in planning. Thank you, 1423!! You were amazing<<>>

1423 Events 2
    1423 Events 3
    1423 Events 4
    1423 Events 5
    1423 Events 6
    1423 Events 7
    1423 Events 8

Courtney · Married on 05/19/2018

Erin was such a dream to work with! My family and I got very overwhelmed thinking about all of the little details that go into the big day and we finally decided to pull the trigger and hire a month-of coordinator. After talking to several, we knew Erin was the one. She's calm and personable, yet extremely organized and efficient in her approach. The wedding turned out perfect and we know it wouldn't have been possible without her. She took all of the stress off our hands and we are able to enjoy the big day :)

David · Married on 05/19/2018

My daughter selected 1423 Events to be the Month-of-Coordinator for her wedding and as the Father of the Bride we could not have asked for a better choice. Erin actually started working with us around 3 months prior to the wedding and I can tell you my stress level started dropping immediately. I am a person that needs to understand everything going on and make sure all the plans are in place and I can tell you that Erin meet that challenge. She started out with creating the time-line, then communicated this to all the separate vendors, made sure all updates and information was provide to the vendors and coordinated the rehearsal ceremony. As for the actual Wedding Day – Erin was outstanding. On top of making sure the venue team and all the vendors had clear directions, she also setup all the special decorations and coordinated the pre-ceremony tasks with the wedding party. Throughout the reception, Erin made sure everything ran smoothly and at the end of the evening when everyone were saying their goodbye’s she was cleaning up and gathering all our decorations so we did not have to worry about it.

Catherine · Married on 05/05/2018

Erin was exceptional! We used her as a day of coordinator, and she took everything off of our hands. We didn't have to do anything! Everything was routed through her, and our wedding was perfect! Everyone had a blast, and Erin made sure that everything was on time and according to plan. Thanks so much Erin! She's worth every penny and more!

Linda · Married on 04/14/2018

If you're even thinking about hiring Erin, do it! Our venue was very DIY, and only supplied staff to supervise us and answer questions. We thought we could get away with not having a coordinator since we had a very casual, low-key wedding without a typical ceremony. However, it became clear as we got closer to the wedding that we needed someone to keep track of everything throughout the day - stuff like accepting deliveries, making sure centerpieces and decor went where they were supposed to go, being a point of contact for the vendors, and managing clean-up. Sure, we could have "hired" a friend or family member to do that, but we wanted our guests to enjoy the wedding instead of being put to work. Having a trusted professional like Erin do everything kept our day as stress-free as possible.

About two months ahead of the wedding, we met with Erin to hammer out a timeline for the day of the wedding, and she sent it out to all our vendors a couple of weeks ahead of the wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page. Erin was super flexible whenever we had to make changes to the timeline or any other details. In addition to the tasks we hired her to do, Erin was also invaluable for her advice and experience whenever we had questions about etiquette and the logistics of organizing a wedding. I am so glad we found her and had her working her magic throughout the night to make everything we wanted come true!

Brandon · Married on 04/07/2018

Erin and Sarah made our wedding day PERFECT!!! After months of planning we realized we needed a day of coordinator and after a few interviews we decided to go with Erin. After speaking over the phone it only took a few minutes to feel confident she would guarantee a great day and we weren't wrong! Erin and Sarah both met with us before our wedding and then we had multiple phone calls leading up to the big day. They acted as the much needed hub between our many vendors to coordinate. I still can't believe how beautiful our venue looked for the ceremony and reception. All I can say is my memory of my wedding is only me having a BLAST. I realize now its because they were handling everything behind the scenes. My only wish is that I could do it all over again!! Highly highly recommend!!!

Valerie · Married on 03/24/2018

I can't even begin to explain how much value Erin added to our wedding day! She was incredibly professional, responsive, asked all of the right questions and put out so many fires that my wedding would not have been half as enjoyable without her. From helping contact vendors a few weeks out all the way to keeping us exactly on schedule the day of, she stepped in when we needed her the most. Like some of the brides before me, I never thought I would need a day of coordinator since one was provided with our venue, but hiring Erin made all the difference between stressing non-stop and being able to enjoy my day without thinking of a single detail. The only regret I have is that I didn't spring for full or even partial planning with her because she was completely on point. I am impossible to please, so if I loved her, you will too!

Sharon · Married on 03/10/2018

Sara (and Erin too, though Sara was our onsite DOC) made our wedding day run so smooth. We had a magical evening. I just kept looking around and grinning like an idiot because it was so beautiful and all those people were there to share in our love/celebration.
    I think a big part of that magic was having Sara there. Her ability to take care of all the details and make sure things were in place (including my veil which my sister was too short to fix and my bustle which she was too intimidated by :D) meant my wife and I could just stay in the moment the entire day and enjoy each other, our friends, and our family without thinking about any of the logistics. We are super grateful for that experience
    When putting together the budget for our smaller (~75 people) wedding, we had not included a DOC. My wife is frugal and organized and felt it was an unnecessary expense, but I kept reading that it was worth it and I was pretty stressed about the details (who would make sure I got the vase of flowers back from the church? etc., etc.). I definitely had to make my case for putting it in the budget and we both ended up being so glad we did, just for the pure joy of being able to relax and stay in it (I think deep down she knows how much I would have been worrying about the friend or family member I "assigned" to run all of the logistics b/c I really just wanted them to enjoy the day. Sara did everything so smoothly I barely paid attention to any logistics).
    My mom also really liked and appreciated having Sara there and commented several times how much it was worth it to have here there to help. Plus, she basically felt like one of the family by the end!
    I also wanted to mention that, as a queer couple, we felt comfortable, respected, & celebrated at all times (things like treating the bride in a suit's moment walking down the aisle with her parents with the same level of importance & as natural as the bride in a dress were incredibly meaningful and important to us).

1423 Events 9
    1423 Events 10

Jennifer · Married on 02/17/2018

Erin was exactly who I needed on our wedding day. We hired her for the day of. I thought it would be just that; the day of. But she was so much more than that. From the time we first communicated she was there for every step of the way. We had multiple emails, phone calls, as well as a meeting in person. Once I decided I needed Erin to help me, I felt ten times more relaxed. She took care of contacting all of my vendors, creating timelines, setting up our vision, keeping me sane, coordinating everyone, and helping us by packing it all up at the end of the night. I could go on and on. She is the best of the best!

Abigail · Married on 01/13/2018

WOW! I cannot say enough great things about Erin!

After reviewing and talking to several larger event planning companies - I quickly realized that we would not get the attention to detail, responsiveness, and overall quality that we did with Erin. She came to the table with tons of experience, recommendations, and an impressive work ethic. She also is funny, kind, and worked seamlessly with all of our vendors to help our day go so smoothly. She asked all the important questions, helped us create a timeline (down to the 5 minute increments - which helped us tremendously!), helped set up the reception perfectly, and finally helped wrangle family so they were in the right place at the right time.

My husband and I cannot say enough about this wonderful woman - and for any other major event we will most certainly be calling her!

Julie · Married on 10/07/2017

I was one of those people who thought they didn't need a day-of-coordinator. I am very type A and thought that I had it all planned and organized without any help.... But hiring Erin to be my day-of-coordinator was one of the best decisions that I made for our wedding! While there weren't any major issues or problems (that I am aware of, at least), Erin was invaluable in managing the timeline, corralling the bridal party and family, and acting as a go-between between myself and my fiance and all of our other vendors. For me personally, I felt like the whole day was such a blur and it was a major relief to have someone else manage the details and to just be able to enjoy the moment, without worrying about time and whether or not everyone was where they needed to be. Erin helped move the bridal party and family (and all our of stuff!) from the hotel to the ceremony site, arranged the "first look," ensured our guests went to the correct location at the venue, was in communication with our guest shuttles and their timing, moved our timeline up when we were ahead of schedule, communicated with the DJ and the venue staff, organized the sparkler exit, made sure all my stuff made it back to my hotel (veil, bouquet, marriage license, guestbook, makeup, extra shoes, etc), and I'm sure so much more! We absolutely could not have done it without her. Her services were worth every penny! Plus she was a total sweetheart and really easy to work with. I would recommend Erin to anyone planning a wedding!

Tara · Married on 09/30/2017

Can I give Erin 10 stars?! Look no further for the perfect wedding planner. Erin is dependable, experienced and a pleasure to work with.

During our first meeting she told me what I was missing, what I didn't need to worry about and what I needed to get done and when.

She was available by email anytime I had a question, concern or just needed a professional's advice.

On the days leading up to and on wedding day I had nothing to worry about because I knew Erin had everything under control and set up and boy did she. She helped us execute our wedding day with no worries and no hassles just gentle reminders of I need you here now for this and its time to do that.

Lastly she ensured all of our vendors (band, caterer, bartenders photo booth, photographer etc) worked together to make the night go perfectly). She cleaned up at the end of the night, my husband, me and our families didn't lift a finger.

I highly recommend Erin without reservation for your wedding planning needs. She's a God send!

Alexa · Married on 09/03/2017

Erin was AMAZING, I can't recommend her enough! She helped get things set up and she kept the day running smoothly! I was so at ease during the wedding just having her there! Choosing her as your coordinator will be the best decision you make for your wedding, I promise!

• User6747989 · 1+ year ago

The Wedding Asst. of Baltimore fulfilled our expectations and then some. Erin was always professional, kind, attentive and practical. She met us in person, had phone calls w/ us, and even helped me with a few questions a couple of months out, even though that wasn't in the contract. She went over all our details with us beforehand and asked us the right questions to ensure she could do her job well. She was always extremely responsive to emails and calls. Even though she had 5-month old twins at home, Erin arrived at our rehearsal and wedding fresh and full of energy. She helped us orchestrate the rehearsal, and offered her advice when we had to evaluate our rain plan inside. On the wedding day, Erin and her assistant arrived earlier than planned, and got right to work. They artfully mastered all the details I outlined-- I had a good bit of decor to set up. They didn't bother me with anything small or silly--they knew better than to do that to a bride on her wedding day! The small issue that did come up, Erin brought to my attention carefully and offered her advice as to the best course of action. We recently got our wedding videos back, and I couldn't help but notice Erin sneak in and out of frame when she was doing her thing-- she whisked my dad's collapsed umbrella away from him (it stopped raining!!) and fluffed out my train the second before we walked down the aisle-- she knew just what to do. Then I saw her set down a beer for me in between speeches- she was always there for anything we needed . I had no idea she did those things until I watched the video. I can't help but be in awe of everything else she did that day that I didn't even know about. I was so thankful to have her and her assistant there to help us get through such a stressful and high-adrenaline day. Hire the WAB and you will have no regrets! We are beyond pleased and are eternally grateful.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 07/22/2017

Erin was AMAZING! My husband and I can't say enough wonderful things about her and her flawless execution of everything on our wedding day, and my mom and bridal party were so impressed and told me so several times throughout the day. I wanted a day of coordinator to handle everything that day so I had as little stress as possible and that's exactly what Erin did. From communicating with all my vendors on any last minute changes, making sure everything was running according to schedule, making a Starbucks run when we needed a pick me up while getting ready, putting out fires (like us forgetting our marriage license in the hotel room and her going back for it!), putting us in her car to avoid the rain during our first look when our limo wasn't around... she seriously did everything and we are so, so grateful for her assistance. At the first sign of me being stressed or anxious, she was on top of it immediately and so reassuring. I can't recommend Erin highly enough for wedding planning - she made our day PERFECT and we couldn't have done it without her!!

Samantha · Married on 06/24/2017

The best coordinator in Baltimore! We were blessed to have found Erin and Sara to help with our wedding. We asked for a coordinator and what we got was WAY more. Our wedding set-up was pretty involved to say the least, but all I had to do was talk to Erin and she had Sara on board ready to help! Erin kept everyone on track and made sure our day went as planned. Both ladies helped set-up decor including a candy bar, photo booth, rememberance table, welcome table, and more. They rocked it!
    Erin is super sweet, understanding, and easy to work with. Her pricing is very reasonable for her services as well. She was always available when I needed to speak with her. Always able to put us at ease. Her process is very thorough, so she knows she gets your vision. To hire her was definitely the best decision we made throughout this process. I know for sure things would not have gone nearly as well if we didn't have these two. Thank you both so much!!!
    ❤️ Samantha & Alfred Smith