1423 Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Carol S. Married on 05/02/2022

Exceptional wedding planner- highly recommend

Erin could not have been more helpful. She was a great resource as we prepared for the wedding. She was very thorough in preparing for the day and as a result, all went smoothly and I was able to be a guest and enjoy the event. She was always patient and a calming influence.
    Lauren Married on 02/05/2022

Fantastic Team

I do not have enough great things to say about Erin and her team! Erin was amazing to work with leading up to the wedding! She is extremely thorough, responsive and friendly. If anything went "wrong" on the wedding day, we had absolutely no idea. Unfortunately, Erin was unable to be with us on the actual wedding day, but she made sure that Heather and Lynn knew all of the fine details. Lynn and Heather worked with us on the rehearsal and day of the wedding. They both were AMAZING! They were wonderful with set up, break down and making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. Hire this team!! You will not regret it!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn Married on 01/29/2022

We loved working with Erin and 1423 Events!

Erin from 1423 Events was absolutely amazing to work with! We used “wedding day management” to make sure that all of the final details were coordinated but Erin really helped us with so much more than that! She was instrumental in making sure the last few weeks of planning went smoothly and that the wedding day was absolutely perfect. Erin was so knowledgeable and easy to work with. She knew the venue and all the vendors well which made everything easier. We were so happy to work with Erin! We highly recommend 1423 events and thank Erin and the team for our perfect wedding!
  • Matt
    Matt B. Married on 12/11/2021

Amazing, would hire again!

We booked Erin and 1423events for our wedding in December. She was wonderful and we hope to work with her again.

We had our wedding at home, so Erin already had to deal with a “non-standard” venue. Before the big day, Erin met with us online and then coordinated an in-person meeting with all of our vendors (caterer, florist, photographer, and DJ). She walked us all through the evening and made sure everyone was on the same page. The day of our wedding, she got to the house and got straight to work, ensuring that everything would go like clockwork.

Right before the ceremony, I was a nervous wreck because we hadn’t printed things — like our vows! Erin reassured us that she would handle it and that once the ceremony was started, the rest of the evening would be amazing. She also said she would send a server up to bring us champagne while we waited for the ceremony to kick off. She was right — she handled everything and the entire evening was amazing. Erin got us where we needed to be without being pushy or creating stress. She also handled problems on her own — we had a couple of guests who were a bit unruly later in the evening; neither of us grooms knew about it until after the wedding was over!

We really enjoyed working with Erin and couldn’t recommend her more highly! We’d eagerly refer her to you if you’re looking for an expertly competent coordinator who will make your evening run like clockwork.
  • Briana
    Briana G. Married on 11/13/2021

Hire them!

I hired 1423 events because I was interested in having a day of coordinator. If you are thinking about having a doc, do it!! Erin was AMAZING. We got in contact about 4 months before the wedding where she helped me make a rough timeline and stay on track with my wedding planning. She was super responsive and helped me with any little questions I had. She was super familiar with my venue and its associated vendors which made the planning and coordination go so smoothly. During the day of, Erin and her assistant Lynn, basically took care of everything. With only a couple of mishaps (a guest bringing a date without an invite) and some other little things, they took care of it for me so I didnt have to stress about it. They really went above and beyond to make sure that I was OK and if I needed anything!! Truly the best and I would hire them again!
    Sindi Married on 11/06/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Erin was incredibly helpful, organized and sooo easy to work with . Very on top of everything. From the get go. Kept me in check with the timeline from the very beginning., rehearsal dinner and of course the day of . Her calmness and always going the extra mile to make sure we had everything and anticipating every need all night long . She is an absolute must !!!! We loved her !!!!!!
    Ashlee Married on 11/05/2021

Highly recommend Erin

Erin acted as our day-of coordinator for our wedding. We had horrific weather and Erin handled all stressors of the day beautifully. She is calm and collected and ensures that everything happens smoothly. Erin was easy to contact and on-top of all communication throughout the planning process, which we really appreciated. Her pricing is also very reasonable, especially in comparison with other planners and coordinators in the area. Absolutely worth every penny -- I would highly recommend Erin!
    Madeleine M. Married on 09/03/2021

Seamless!!

Erin & the 1423 Team were amazing! They helped make our wedding day seamless and stress free. From pre-wedding assistance/advice, to handling everything on the actual day, Erin made sure every detail was perfect. 10/10 would have Erin as our Day-Of Coordinator again!!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 08/20/2021

Worth every penny!

This review is long over due. We booked Erin in spring 2019 with the intention of getting married in August 2020. Then the pandemic hit and we rescheduled to August 2021. Although we only hired her for month of planning, she was incredibly helpful and resourceful through the entirety of our extended planning process. I wholeheartedly don’t think we could have gotten through it all without Erin. Our day was seamless and I am absolutely sure that was because of Erin. We were really lucky to have a great experience with all of our vendors, but booking Erin was without a doubt the best decision we made.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 07/02/2021

A Wedding Day Must Have

Do not hesitate to hire Erin. We were on the fence about needing a day of coordinator, but it is probably the best money we spent. Erin was incredibly flexible amidst many changes in plan due to covid. She made us multiple versions of a timeline, picked up all of our signs/decor, and contacted all of our vendors in advance. On the day of, she set up all of our decor, hunted down a vendor that was 3 hours late, and made sure we were taken care of and fed. Her assistant, Julie, came later in the night and stayed past midnight to ensure everything was clean and packed in our car without us having to even think about it. I cannot recommend Erin and 1423 Events enough.
  • Lauren D
    Lauren Married on 06/19/2021

Best Decision EVER!

From the first conversation I had with Erin, she was organized, patient, and just such a kind hearted person. She helped bring my vision to life, not once, but twice - while working though a postponement and added stress that came with that. She was always calm, responsive, and helpful in so many ways. I felt so relaxed the day of knowing that Erin was at the venue handling everything. I have no clue how she made my venue look as amazing as it did, but she nailed it. I'm sure things were chaotic behind the scenes but she would never let anyone know or see it. Erin is a dream to work with and I can't recommend her and the 1423 events team enough! Best decision ever and the money spent is sooooo worth it.
    Sophie S. Married on 05/28/2021

Best Decision

Erin and Heather were the best. After going back and forth about needing a day of coordinator, I reached out to Erin. From the start, she and Heather were so helpful and reassuring. They were in constant communication with us and our vendors to make sure that our day was everything we imagined and more. After three reschedules from COVID (They were AMAZING through these crazy times!) we finally had our big day. Heather's flexibility and creative problem solving helped our day run smoothly. Working with them was one of the best decisions I made in wedding planning.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 05/01/2021

Definitely worth it!

I was able to work with Erin and Heather for my May 1, 2021 wedding. I couldn’t have been more thankful to have the both of them! When people were asking me questions, they would swoop in to help me answer if I was clearly overwhelmed or confused. They made sure everything went as smoothly as possible, and I was so thankful I didn’t have to worry about the details on the day of my wedding! I also received many compliments on how awesome they were. Highly recommend!
  • Marisa
    Marisa D. Married on 04/30/2021

Excellent from beginning to end!

We decided to hire Erin long before our Covid Wedding experience and can not say enough amazing things about her and her team! Throughout our two date changes, Erin was extremely flexible and communicative, even when I knew she had other weddings going on during this crazy year. She took time to understand our vision and made us feel completely comfortable in the weeks leading up to our Big Day (when I was going insane). On the day of, I had zero. worries. We had complete trust in Erin and she handled absolutely everything - we can't recommend her enough. Hire 1423 Events for your wedding!
  • Alan
    Alan D. Married on 10/11/2020

A great wedding planner

Worked seamlessly with our venue's planner and our other vendors leading up to the day and the day-of. Erin stuck with us through a delay of over a year and a change of venue, and made planning for our special day so much easier.
  • Joyce
    Joyce D. Married on 10/05/2020

All the love for Erin and 1423 Events

I can't say enough good things about Erin and 1423 Events. She is just a genuinely lovely, calming, and kind person, not to mention totally organized and ready to step in to fix any issue at the drop of a hat. We had to postpone and reschedule our May 2020 wedding, and Erin helped us seamlessly switch over to a safe micro-wedding in November. Our new event also required moving from hotel to ceremony site back to the hotel for the dinner reception, and Erin schlepped decorations back and forth, keeping us on track, and ensuring that everything ran smoothly. You cannot go wrong with hiring this awesome lady. Thank you for everything, Erin!
  • Katie
    Katie B. Married on 09/06/2020

Best decision we made!

We got married at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation over Labor Day. We were having trouble locking down a florist and getting timely responses from some other potential options. We told our caterer, the Palate Pleasers, that we still hadn't found a florist and they immediately said we have to use Carolyn! I sent her an email, she responded immediately and was SO accommodating towards our needs. Carolyn had no problem handling the changes and made the entire process incredibly stress free. And the the floral arrangements were BEAUTIFUL...exactly what I had hoped for! She truly helped make our vision come to life. Highly recommend!!

My husband and I got married in Annapolis over Labor Day weekend and the day was absolutely perfect in huge part to 1423 Events! We planned our wedding from Los Angeles and originally we were planning to have a 125 person wedding. We decided to cut it down to just 30 people a couple of months before and Erin and Heather helped guide us through this decision and were so helpful along the way. I really don't think we could have pulled it off without their help! It was a stressful few months but they stayed super organized, answered all our questions and gave us really great recommendations along the way. Heather was our day-of coordinator and she was SO on top of everything. She made sure I had food and a drink in my hand every time I needed one. :) They truly helped us have the "micro wedding" of our dreams and I can't think of anything we would have wanted done differently. If you are on the fence about a day-of coordinator or event planner, I would definitely tell you it will be money SO well spent! Thank you 1423 Events!
  • Brooke
    Brooke S. Married on 08/02/2020

A dream to work with

Erin & Heather were both amazing. They helped make my husband and I's wedding an absolute dream come true. After having to postpone our wedding due to Covid, Erin was so helpful with the whole process including scaling everything down. Her and Heather both kept everything so organized and on time. Heather made sure we ate as much as we wanted, which we truly appreciated. They were both a dream to work with and my husband and I are so grateful we had both of them for our special day. I truly can't recommend them enough.
  • Molly
    Molly M. Married on 06/13/2020

A wonderful partner!

Erin and Heather were both so wonderful to work with for our recent wedding! We hired 1423 leading up to our June 2020 wedding. A short time later the pandemic hit and that June 2020 wedding turned into June 2021 and eventually September 2021. Erin was there every step of the way offering help and guidance. Heather stepped in for our rehearsal and day-of coordination - she was so sweet and really kept our minds at ease. We are so grateful for their partnership throughout this process. Many, many thanks! Highly recommend!
    Kelly Married on 06/06/2020

Erin at 1423 events

I truly don’t think that we could have had our wedding day without Erin as our day of coordinator! Not only did she help us plan our original June wedding date, she helped us reschedule and then completely reimagine our day at a brand new venue to create a smaller, COVID safe day. Erin went above and beyond our expectations to help us problem solve and make our day perfect. I felt so relaxed on the day knowing that Erin had everything covered-She is a genuinely wonderful person who wants to make your wedding day beautiful!
    K G Married on 04/11/2020

Great experience!!

We worked with Erin as a day-of-coordinator while planning our April wedding, and Erin was wonderful! She promptly replied to all of our questions, hopped on calls as needed, and gave helpful and honest advice. When we had to cancel our wedding due to COVID, Erin responded with sincere kindness and positivity. Although we ultimately did not need a day-of coordinator for our small ceremony, I have no doubt that our April wedding day would have gone exactly as planned! We highly recommend Erin!!
  • Lester
    Lester Married on 02/10/2020

Erin is the BEST!

We were that couple that realized in the last month that we needed a coordinator. Erin was recommended to us through a trusted friend and we are beyond satisfied with our experience and Erin's help! She was very professional and did a fantastic job helping us manage the vendors and day-of coordination. She got along with everyone in our wedding party and did a great job corralling us when it was required. Thanks to Erin's help, my Bride and I were able to enjoy our wedding day knowing those personal details and authoritative decisions were being executed correctly.
  • Kate
    Kate A. Married on 12/29/2019

Best decision we made!

Erin was absolutely amazing from start to finish! We used her for wedding day management since our venue was mostly a blank canvas that required many outside vendors and day of coordination. Erin was available the few months before our wedding and helped us craft a comfortable timeline. The day of she was an absolute dream! We had walked through our vision and floor plan before the wedding, so that she was able to be on site as the vendors were setting up to ensure everything looked how we envisioned and was placed in the correct spots. I had no idea of any issues until they were already resolved, because Erin handled everything immediately before anyone knew something was wrong! At the end of our wedding reception, Erin had all of the items we needed to bring with us packaged and ready to go so we did not have to spend the time cleaning up and made it to our after party along with our guests! Throughout the whole process, Erin was extremely flexible and answered all questions and concerns timely! She was the BEST decision we made and we know our day would not have been as perfect as it was without her!! Thank you, Erin and 1423 Events!
    Carolyn A. Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful Wedding Planner/Day of Coordinator!

Working with Erin as our Day of Coordinator was a pleasure! I couldn't imagine our big day without a day of coordinator and Erin had everything fully under control. From our first meeting we knew she would be an invaluable addition to our wedding "team". On our wedding day, Erin was integral and we felt so at ease knowing that she had it all under control. Highly recommend 1423 Events and Erin Powell!
    Anna Married on 10/26/2019

1423 Events was the best decision we made

I chose to get the "Day Of" package which is more like a 3 months before package, and it was the best decision of my wedding planning process. We were planning a wedding in Baltimore from Delaware and everything was done via email/phone call. It was great that Erin and her team could do everything remotely as my work schedule is fairly restrictive.

I worked with Erin prior to the wedding and Sara Timmins the day of the wedding. Erin has an awesome planning worksheet that keeps you well-organized and allows you to ensure that any decor for you wedding will be set up just as you want it. Additionally, Erin takes on the job of touching base with all your vendors so that you don't have to! Based on my wedding plan, Erin was kind enough to get an extra set of hands on board. She had asked an assistant from Richmond, VA come to help set-up (as all her local assisants were already busy). Erin went the extra mile to ensure the wedding day would be a success.

Sara Timmins was my rehearsal/day of contact person and she was AWESOME. My in-laws loved her and loved chatting with her. Though I mainly communicated with Erin prior to the wedding, it was very clear Erin and Sara were in close communication and Sara knew every detail inside and out. She set up everything perfectly and really made my wedding vision come alive. She was spectacular to work with.

All in all, I am so glad that I decided to hire a wedding planner and extra glad that 1423 Events was still available for my wedding date. I am FOREVER grateful to 1423 Events for being super flexible working with me long distance and for making the weeks prior and especially day of so smooth and care-free, allowing me to just relax and soak up the wedding day in.