1423 Events Reviews

69 | Baltimore, MD

69 Reviews for 1423 Events

Carol S. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Exceptional wedding planner- highly recommend

Erin could not have been more helpful. She was a great resource as we prepared for the wedding. She was very thorough in preparing for the day and as a result, all went smoothly and I was able to be a guest and enjoy the event. She was always patient and a calming influence.

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Joyce

Joyce D. · Married on 10/05/2020

All the love for Erin and 1423 Events

I can't say enough good things about Erin and 1423 Events. She is just a genuinely lovely, calming, and kind person, not to mention totally organized and ready to step in to fix any issue at the drop of a hat. We had to postpone and reschedule our May 2020 wedding, and Erin helped us seamlessly switch over to a safe micro-wedding in November. Our new event also required moving from hotel to ceremony site back to the hotel for the dinner reception, and Erin schlepped decorations back and forth, keeping us on track, and ensuring that everything ran smoothly. You cannot go wrong with hiring this awesome lady. Thank you for everything, Erin!

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Katie

Katie B. · Married on 09/06/2020

Best decision we made!

We got married at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation over Labor Day. We were having trouble locking down a florist and getting timely responses from some other potential options. We told our caterer, the Palate Pleasers, that we still hadn't found a florist and they immediately said we have to use Carolyn! I sent her an email, she responded immediately and was SO accommodating towards our needs. Carolyn had no problem handling the changes and made the entire process incredibly stress free. And the the floral arrangements were BEAUTIFUL...exactly what I had hoped for! She truly helped make our vision come to life. Highly recommend!!

My husband and I got married in Annapolis over Labor Day weekend and the day was absolutely perfect in huge part to 1423 Events! We planned our wedding from Los Angeles and originally we were planning to have a 125 person wedding. We decided to cut it down to just 30 people a couple of months before and Erin and Heather helped guide us through this decision and were so helpful along the way. I really don't think we could have pulled it off without their help! It was a stressful few months but they stayed super organized, answered all our questions and gave us really great recommendations along the way. Heather was our day-of coordinator and she was SO on top of everything. She made sure I had food and a drink in my hand every time I needed one. :) They truly helped us have the "micro wedding" of our dreams and I can't think of anything we would have wanted done differently. If you are on the fence about a day-of coordinator or event planner, I would definitely tell you it will be money SO well spent! Thank you 1423 Events!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Kelly · Married on 06/06/2020

Erin at 1423 events

I truly don’t think that we could have had our wedding day without Erin as our day of coordinator! Not only did she help us plan our original June wedding date, she helped us reschedule and then completely reimagine our day at a brand new venue to create a smaller, COVID safe day. Erin went above and beyond our expectations to help us problem solve and make our day perfect. I felt so relaxed on the day knowing that Erin had everything covered-She is a genuinely wonderful person who wants to make your wedding day beautiful!

Sent on 08/24/2020

K G · Married on 04/11/2020

Great experience!!

We worked with Erin as a day-of-coordinator while planning our April wedding, and Erin was wonderful! She promptly replied to all of our questions, hopped on calls as needed, and gave helpful and honest advice. When we had to cancel our wedding due to COVID, Erin responded with sincere kindness and positivity. Although we ultimately did not need a day-of coordinator for our small ceremony, I have no doubt that our April wedding day would have gone exactly as planned! We highly recommend Erin!!

Sent on 11/05/2020
  • Lester

Lester · Married on 02/10/2020

Erin is the BEST!

We were that couple that realized in the last month that we needed a coordinator. Erin was recommended to us through a trusted friend and we are beyond satisfied with our experience and Erin's help! She was very professional and did a fantastic job helping us manage the vendors and day-of coordination. She got along with everyone in our wedding party and did a great job corralling us when it was required. Thanks to Erin's help, my Bride and I were able to enjoy our wedding day knowing those personal details and authoritative decisions were being executed correctly.

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Brooke

Brooke S. · Married on 02/08/2020

A dream to work with

Erin & Heather were both amazing. They helped make my husband and I's wedding an absolute dream come true. After having to postpone our wedding due to Covid, Erin was so helpful with the whole process including scaling everything down. Her and Heather both kept everything so organized and on time. Heather made sure we ate as much as we wanted, which we truly appreciated. They were both a dream to work with and my husband and I are so grateful we had both of them for our special day. I truly can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • Kate

Kate A. · Married on 12/29/2019

Best decision we made!

Erin was absolutely amazing from start to finish! We used her for wedding day management since our venue was mostly a blank canvas that required many outside vendors and day of coordination. Erin was available the few months before our wedding and helped us craft a comfortable timeline. The day of she was an absolute dream! We had walked through our vision and floor plan before the wedding, so that she was able to be on site as the vendors were setting up to ensure everything looked how we envisioned and was placed in the correct spots. I had no idea of any issues until they were already resolved, because Erin handled everything immediately before anyone knew something was wrong! At the end of our wedding reception, Erin had all of the items we needed to bring with us packaged and ready to go so we did not have to spend the time cleaning up and made it to our after party along with our guests! Throughout the whole process, Erin was extremely flexible and answered all questions and concerns timely! She was the BEST decision we made and we know our day would not have been as perfect as it was without her!! Thank you, Erin and 1423 Events!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Carolyn A. · Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful Wedding Planner/Day of Coordinator!

Working with Erin as our Day of Coordinator was a pleasure! I couldn't imagine our big day without a day of coordinator and Erin had everything fully under control. From our first meeting we knew she would be an invaluable addition to our wedding "team". On our wedding day, Erin was integral and we felt so at ease knowing that she had it all under control. Highly recommend 1423 Events and Erin Powell!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Anna · Married on 10/26/2019

1423 Events was the best decision we made

I chose to get the "Day Of" package which is more like a 3 months before package, and it was the best decision of my wedding planning process. We were planning a wedding in Baltimore from Delaware and everything was done via email/phone call. It was great that Erin and her team could do everything remotely as my work schedule is fairly restrictive.

I worked with Erin prior to the wedding and Sara Timmins the day of the wedding. Erin has an awesome planning worksheet that keeps you well-organized and allows you to ensure that any decor for you wedding will be set up just as you want it. Additionally, Erin takes on the job of touching base with all your vendors so that you don't have to! Based on my wedding plan, Erin was kind enough to get an extra set of hands on board. She had asked an assistant from Richmond, VA come to help set-up (as all her local assisants were already busy). Erin went the extra mile to ensure the wedding day would be a success.

Sara Timmins was my rehearsal/day of contact person and she was AWESOME. My in-laws loved her and loved chatting with her. Though I mainly communicated with Erin prior to the wedding, it was very clear Erin and Sara were in close communication and Sara knew every detail inside and out. She set up everything perfectly and really made my wedding vision come alive. She was spectacular to work with.

All in all, I am so glad that I decided to hire a wedding planner and extra glad that 1423 Events was still available for my wedding date. I am FOREVER grateful to 1423 Events for being super flexible working with me long distance and for making the weeks prior and especially day of so smooth and care-free, allowing me to just relax and soak up the wedding day in.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Marian

Marian T. · Married on 10/20/2019

Don't hesitate!

We couldn't have made it through the day without Erin and Heather's input and hands on assistance. Very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend their service.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2019

Everything I Needed...

We chose a do-it-yourself kind of venue, which of course means we had to plan and execute everything ourselves! I needed a day of coordinator like nothing else, just to make sure I got a chance to enjoy the wedding and not think about timeline or anything else. Erin was everything and more. She held my hand early on in the process, making sure I was on track for a successfully planned wedding, and once we hit rehearsal time, she took over. I didn't have to worry about a thing - she alleviated all fears (including a fun portion of dinner that was being serenaded by a false fire alarm!) and ensured the vendors worked seamlessly. I can't recommend her enough. Thank you to Erin and her team, everything was exactly how I imagined!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Brooke H. · Married on 09/21/2019

Erin, Heather, and the entire team were fantastic!

Erin was outstanding during the planning of the wedding and was so helpful in asking the questions I didn’t even think of! She was so helpful in the wedding venue walk through organizing things with the caterer so I felt like I was in amazing hands the day of! Both Erin and heather were amazing in calming me when we had several last minute cancellations due to travel cancellations and really made it happen the day of! The venue I used only had a 2 hour set up window prior to the ceremony and Heather managed to make it perfect! If something did have a hiccup I wouldn’t have known ...heather handled everything including packing up the venue after all was over! Money VERY WELL spent. They made this day incredible!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Danielle W. · Married on 09/20/2019

Wedding Essential

If you make one decision about your wedding, it should be to hire Erin & her team to be your wedding coordinator. I am a very organized person & planner. I planned just about every detail of my wedding, so I thought I didn't need a coordinator, but a close friend of mine highly suggested to do so.
    And boy am I glad I did. Even more, my parents didn't think a coordinator was necessary. But after everything Erin did the month of my wedding & the day of the wedding, my mother could not stop singing her praises...she still does 3 months later!
    Erin & her team are amazing. AMAZING. I do not know what we would have done without her. She set up all of the decor & made sure everything was in its place. She was on top of everything before we even thought of it. When the groom & groomsmen were late (rideshare issues), she was already on top of it.
    Also, make sure you pay a little extra to have her at your rehearsal. I probably would have completely lost it if I did not have her at the rehearsal organizing the chaos.

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Christine

Christine J. · Married on 09/08/2019

Could not have done it without them!

We know it’s said often but we truly believe some of the best money we spent on wedding planning was on 1423 Events! We worked with Erin and Heather during the planning process, and had Heather as our day of coordinator. We don’t know what we would have done without her. She made sure everything ran like clockwork, helping us stay on track before the ceremony, helping with the train of the dress down the aisle, setting up and taking down our centerpieces, and coordinating the timeline and schedules for all of our other vendors. There was a small snafu with our venue not setting up the arbor for our florist and when Heather heard about it, she literally jumped into action. We couldn’t have asked for a better team of people helping us not need to worry about a thing on our wedding day.

Sent on 12/12/2019

E · Married on 09/07/2019

Day Of Coordination

We hired 1423 Events for Day Of Coordination, and Erin was absolutely amazing! She not only assisted with coordination efforts at our hotel venue, but also worked to managed vendors as they arrived and helped with decor. Erin made our day as stress-free as possible, and she was extremely flexible and adaptable in managing and ensuring seamless transition of wedding activities. Thank you Erin!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe L. · Married on 07/13/2019

"Day of wedding" planner

I wasn't sure if I needed to hire the wedding planner (because I didn't know how crazy wedding day can be), but then, I didn't feel like dealing with all the craziness in the world, so I searched for the wedding planner on the weddingwire like 5 month before the wedding (i got engaged 6 month before the wedding). 1423 Events was the first one I contacted, and it ended up being the only one I ever contacted. Erin was the first person I talked on the phone, and she was very knowledgeable, and she was very personable to talk to. She also informed me that Sarah will be doing my wedding planning too. After one phone call, I decided to hire 1423 Events. We had some meeting with venue and catering and Erin joined us to ensure that everything will go flawless. The venue I chose is pretty new and it has some unique layout. Erin and Sarah had previous experiences with this venue that they already knew how to handle any situation in this venue. I had zero concern. Also they went though millions of emails (with Nathan. I did no planning LOL). When I walked into the venue, Sarah executed everything so well that I just had no comment. Nothing to change, and nothing to fix. I had no bridal party, so she was sorta chasing me after to make sure that I ate enough before I go between tables. She even picked up my wedding shoes that I left under the table and packed everything so well in boxes at the end of the day.
    I dont know how Sarah did it, but she def made everything so easy and stress-free.
    I highly highly recommend 1423 Events to all brides!!!!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Stephanie L. · Married on 07/06/2019

One MILLION stars!!!

Erin and Heather at 1423 Events were wonderful in helping coordinate our wedding. We were planning everything ourselves and hired them for day-of coordination. We would have been lost without them! Their service is truly wonderful - our planning calls were so helpful to understand everything we needed to be focusing on, and the day of would have been a disaster without Heather's help and focus on keeping it all together. We had tricky weather and many unanticipated issues but she really made it seem smooth and effortless. This is a critical service and 1423 Events is an incredible partner. One million stars.

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Lynette

Lynette · Married on 06/15/2019

1423 Events made our big day flawless!

I highly recommend 1423 Events for wedding day preparation and day of coordination. We decided to book Erin for her “day of” package and throughout our wedding day it became obvious we would not have been able to do it without her! She moved our timeline along flawlessly - especially because if I had it my way the night would never have ended! Our photographer and caterer both worked hand and hand with Erin behind the scenes so my husband and I could simply enjoy the day. She has a number of different priced packages available to fit your budget which is always a plus!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely could not have done it without them!!

The team of Heather, Sara, and Kaye from 1423 events made our June 15, 2019 wedding at the Annapolis Maritime Museum a huge success. We 100% could NOT have done it without them. The team was incredible.

The set up and clean up process was something I was very stressed about leading up to the day of the event, and it could not have gone smoother. Everything looked amazing, all of our decor was in place, and the entire process was "stress free"!

Then, when the ceremony ended, I heard from other people that only ONE bartender showed up when we had hired two, and she didn't even have enough supplies!!! That is where Heather jumped in and truly helped out. From what I heard from other guests, Heather managed the situation completely and she was everywhere the day of the wedding making sure that everything was perfect (including helping me pull my hair back when it got stuck in my dress and making sure that I was hydrated throughout the day). I had no idea about the bartender situation until the next day because Heather managed everything so incredibly perfectly.

We highly recommend 1423 events to everyone!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Renee · Married on 06/08/2019

Outstanding!!!!!!

Our experience with Erin was amazing from start to finish!! Her sweet personality, attention to detail and professionalism allowed me to truly enjoy my daughters wedding. It was the best wedding decision I made!! Thank you Erin and staff!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jenn Spangler

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Erin is Awesome!

I am a very Type-A, organized person. So organized, in fact, that some of my friends and family members questioned why I needed a day-of coordinator at all. To all future brides and grooms out there (even the very organized ones), let me tell you: you NEED to hire a day-of coordinator, and Erin of 1423 Events is a top-notch choice for that role.

Erin helped us develop a very detailed and comprehensive timeline, gave her expert opinion on a number of wedding-related things (but was never overly pushy), perfectly set up and took down all of our decorations, ran our wedding rehearsal, and contacted all of our vendors before the big day to make sure they knew when to arrive. She also -- going above and beyond the call of duty -- helped me get out of what could have been a pretty embarrassing moment on my wedding day! My dress got stuck on concrete while I was going down the aisle, and my dad couldn’t get it unstuck. Erin sprinted up and unstuck me in a matter or seconds! I’m literally not sure what I would have done without her…

Erin has the perfect personality for her job -- she is incredibly warm and friendly, but also clear and direct (which is necessary for things like corralling guests into the reception after cocktail hour). We can’t thank her enough for everything that she did to make our day so special!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/25/2019

Erin is amazing!

Erin was AMAZING!!! I thought I was able to handle wedding planning and coordinating on my own and didn't hire a coordinator at first. After a new job and a move occurred unexpectedly 4 months before our wedding, my husband recommended we hire a coordinator to help us out. We are SO glad we decided to hire Erin. She was incredibly organized and kept everything running smoothly. If anything went wrong the day of the wedding, we didn't know as she took care of every detail. Erin absolutely went above and beyond her duties and we would definitely recommend her. Having a good coordinator was absolutely worth the cost to not have to worry about anything the day before and day of the wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Lydia G. · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding Coordinator Angel

I cannot say enough good things about Erin! She helped with so many small details, gave her opinions on things I needed help with, and made my wedding vision come true. It was SO helpful and reliving to have her tie everything together the two weeks leading up to the wedding and it was so nice to know I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. She is a wedding coordinating angel!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2018

Erin was awesome!

When we started planning our New Year’s Eve wedding, we had a few friends tell us the best thing they did was get a day-of planner…and they were right! I am a super planner, researching and planning every little detail, but for the actual wedding day, I wanted to be able to sit back, be present and enjoy the actual wedding day - - because of Erin, we were able to do that!
    We were so happy with Erin from the first time we “met” over Facetime (which we appreciated a lot since we don’t live in Baltimore) – she was always super flexible, honest, positive and professional. Even though we got the “day of” package, Erin made us feel comfortable reaching out anytime prior to the wedding. She put together our wedding timeline, happily talked through any necessary changes, joined us for the final walkthrough at the wedding, contacted our vendors prior to the wedding to confirm timing and details, and even surprised us with a discount code for the online vendor we used to print our invitations! We were also super appreciative that Erin was happy to come to our hotel and run our rehearsal the night before the wedding, since we were being married by a friend and first-time officiant who definitely didn’t know how it should go. She even happily took our signs that we’d gotten last minute and brought them for us to the venue the next day so that we didn’t have to run over there in the morning. As for wedding day, Erin was AWESOME and I was so happy to feel comfortable that she would make sure every little detail that we planned would be executed flawlessly (including literally a 5 page décor guide that I’d put together). When we arrived at the venue, Erin greeted us with a big calming smile and for the whole night she somehow was always there when we needed her, or getting us to where we needed to be, but in a super awesome, not intense or overwhelming, kind of way.
    If you want to ensure you can really enjoy the day of your wedding and not be thinking about centerpiece décor and bus departure times, Erin is an AWESOME pick, an amazing value, and you won’t be disappointed!
    Thank you Erin!