43 Reviews for 125 Bridal Boutique

Shoes (2)
Flower Girls (1)
Jewelry (1)
43 125 Bridal Boutique Reviews

I called spontaneously in the morning and they got me an appointment within two hours. Sandra asked me a lot of thorough questions to figure out exactly what I wanted in my dress. I tried on several dresses that were exactly what I was looking for within my budget, and ended up falling in love with the first dress I put on. The owner even contacted the designer to ensure they would make the dress for me (as it had just been discontinued for the year) and he got me a discount. I'm expecting the rest of the process with 125 Bridal to be as great as my first experience!

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride

I had a great experience at 125 Bridal Boutique. They are very accommodating working within your budget. I had a tight budget for a dress. I was able to stay within my max budget. You aren't able to walk around the floor where all the dresses are but they will bring them to you in the fitting room. Sandra did an excellent job finding dresses matching my budget and style. I found my dream dress after trying on only 2 dresses. They had ordered it for me and It arrived on schedule at their store.

The seamstress, Sally was wonderful to work with. She always made me feel comfortable. There were only some minor alterations and she got them done a week before the wedding. She did a beautiful job. I'm very pleased with my experience overall. I felt like a Disney princess on my wedding day. Thank you for making me feel beautiful on my big day.

Profile Picture Courtney , 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
1.7

My dress was absolutely beautiful however I had many problems with them. The sleeves I ordered for dress did not come in until my "final appt" and were sewn in very hastily 4 days before my wedding. My dress was not ready at my final appt. The seamstress was always late and didn't seem to care that we were working on a deadline. The sleeves actually ripped off the second I put the dress on morning of wedding. I was never actually able to try dress on with sleeves because the sleeves were never ordered on time. Seamstress tried to tell me I never ordered them (I had receipt) Thankfully, my moh was able to safety pin the sleeves on. If you do decide to get your dress here then go elsewhere for alterations.

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The manager assisted with my dress selection. She listened to what I wanted in a wedding gown and offered selections that fit my vision. She was able to ask specific questions about what I did/did not like about certain dresses to help narrow down the choices and I ended up finding the perfect dress with her help. I used the seamstress through 125 Bridal, and she was great as there were several alterations needed.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/1/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Veils
4.1

We found my dream dress at 125 Bridal! The owner Jay was so helpful and our associate Sandra was the best! So helpful and friendly they went above and beyond to help me get my dress!

Photo
Profile Picture Julie, 6/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Veils, Shoes, Jewelry, Hair Accessories, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

My experience has thus far been amazing. Shopping was incredible. Alex listened to everything I wanted and didn't want, what I liked and didn't like...and I ended up buying my DREAM dress by the end of my appointment! I received a HAND WRITTEN thank you note after the fact and I will be purchasing my bridesmaids dresses as well as my flower girl dress and all my accessories from 125 Bridal.

Profile Picture User6322402, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Veils, Shoes, Hair Accessories, Bride, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom
1.0

The process of picking bridesmaid dresses was fine. The place is clean and organized, if not a bit cramped. The girls were able to try on what they liked and suggestions were made. The in store staff are very kind and helpful. Our one disappointing moment was that the dress we selected came so the top was a different color than the bottom as an option, but the ones in store were both the same color so no one knew. When they went to order our dresses, the dress didn't come with the top color we wanted (we picked it thinking the whole thing would be blue like the whole one in the store was purple) and we had to come pick new dresses all over again. My main complaints are with the seamstress they work with. My appointments began six months before the wedding. I had three appointments with her and she was more than half an hour late to all of them. I needed 4 dresses altered. Just hems. Just hems. So much money for just hems! She had six months to plan how long this would take to do. My mother-in-law had to drive and pick up all the dresses, including mine, the day of the wedding!!! The seamstress had brought them home and waited that long to do them! No final fitting! And she initially insisted that they'd been sent for cleaning when clearly they hadn't because she admitted they were at her house the whole time! She then tried to argue with us about the prices and tried to get us to pay for a cleaning that hadn't been done. Unprofessional! Regardless, you can find identical dresses in any color, custom sized on JJsHouse for $200 cheaper than what you'd pay for a dress and alterations here. Very disappointing. Glad I didn't get my gown here, just alterations, and wishing I hadn't even done that here!

Profile Picture Ayanna, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

The woman I worked with Sandra was so nice! At first when she brought in the first few dresses for me to try on I thought she was crazy and didn't listen to what I said at all. But then she took them all out back after listening to what I said and pulled out my dream dress! And she never even let me look at something out of budget! (Something that I'd seen other dress shops try to do to make you spend more)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a fantastic experience with 125 Bridal Boutique. I worked with Natalie who was knowledgeable, friendly, and honest. I couldn't have LOVED my dress anymore, I still get goosebumps thinking about it 2 months later! The best part, I live in Boston so not only was the drive up to Plaistow an easy one, but everything was also tax free! I also purchased my veil (which I'm convinced was made for my dress), had my bridesmaids get their dresses there, and had Sally, the onsite seamstress, do my alterations. Sally even incorporated a piece of my mom's wedding dress inside mine as part of my something old, it was such a heartfelt touch!

Can't say enough about Natalie, Sally, and the rest of the 125 Bridal team! Thank you for making me feel like a beautiful bride!

Profile Picture Kelley, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
4.1

My experience with 125 Bridal, so far, has been very good. My best friend got her dress here and recommended I take a look. I knew exactly what I was looking for, and although they don't have the largest selection, we were able to find a dress that was perfect for me. The consultant, Liz, was a warm bubbly sweetheart of a person and I'm so happy we got paired up. She's going through her own wedding planning so she understands the trials and tribulations that come with it.

The prices they have are reasonable and comparable to other salons in the area. After attending a bridal show they were at, I also received a $125 coupon for the purchase of my dress which is great!

Once my dress comes in, I'll be able to share my experience with alterations as well.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/4/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

So this review is a little late but I have never forgotten how wonderful 125 Bridal Boutique was to me. I was a bridesmaid that was a last minute pick in a wedding where another bridesmaid had backed out. The dress that all the girls were wearing was not a "quick ship" and the dress I was given by the bridesmaid that backed out did not fit very well. The folks at 125 Bridal worked their magic! They called the designer and requested a rush dress as well as fabric...the reason being is if the dress didn't come in on time the fabric could be added by their seamstress. Needless to say the fabric came in first. Their seamstress was awesome!!! More like a best friend. She was funny, told me not to stress. She worked under the gun as time was short, did everything I needed in a 24 hour period...basically she didn't sleep. I purchased the dress that eventually came in as well because it could always be donated for a girl for prom....so it's a win win!! I would HIGHLY recommend 125 Bridal. Love all of them over there!!!

Profile Picture User6988776, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

First place I looked for wedding dresses. I was with my mum, two sisters, and soon to be mother-in-law. Sandra came in to our private room that we had, asked me what I liked and didn't like in dresses and went on her way to find me the perfect dress. The first dress I tried, I knew right away I didn't like the style. Sandra was quick to take that away and two others that she had pulled for me. She came back with a few more and we were headed in the right direction. After about 7 or 8 dresses, I finally found the one. Having Sandra know what I liked, what fit my body type, and her honesty was super helpful. I can't wait to meet with her again for the bridesmaids dresses!

Profile Picture Jenn, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my veil, wedding dress, and accessories from 125 Bridal. Liz was patient and helpful, and she helped me find my perfect wedding dress! She was absolutely great and helpful throughout the entire process, and even remembered me months later.

The customer service at 125 was great; they truly made me feel special and gave the 'bridal experience' (while respecting my budget!). When I came back to look for a veil, they advised that I bring in my dress and then took the time with me to accessorize. I can't imagine going anywhere else!

Profile Picture User5458235, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Hair Accessories, Bride

Great boutique! Love their new location. Its so bright and beautiful. Got my dress on the first visit worked with Liz. She was so helpful and made me feel so relaxed. Cant wait to go back and look at Bridesmaid, Moms and Tuxes. I highly recommend and the prices are great.

Profile Picture User4488467, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.9

I went with my Mother and Aunt for my very first bridal fitting. I was warmly welcomed, and taken by my consultant within the first couple of minutes arriving. Sandra was very nice, and seemingly knowledgeable about the different dress styles and colors.
We got right down to business! I tried on dress after dress after dress. Finally, I was torn between the style of one dress but in the color of another. I decided to just call it a day because I was feeling overwhelmed. My consultant was clearly unhappy with that choice and persuaded me to try on one more that she had in mind that was in the color I desired. We waited a while for her to come back, and unfortunately it was empty handed. The sample dress was no where to be found. We agreed it was the end of my appointment and I got back into my own clothes. Just as we were about to walk out, she brought over the most gorgeous dress that was in the exact color I wanted! Only problem was, it was already in a bridal garment bag with another bride's name on it. She explained that THIS was the dress she was unable to find the sample of. She then offered to take it out of the bag and let me try it on. ANOTHER BRIDES BRAND NEW DRESS!?!?! I immediately said no that I would NEVER do that, she then agreed it probably wasn't a good idea. What if I tore something or ripped beading off? I'm sure "ANGELA B" didn't pay a sample dress price, so why should her beautiful NEW gown be treated as one?? I was appalled. My stomach was in knots thinking about how uncaring and greedy she must be to go that far just for a sale.
So unprofessional! I won't be back.

Profile Picture Angel, 6/18/16, 1 Review
0.5

TERRIBLE Customer Service, Rude, and overall a very negative experience.

The owner called our family and actually threatened to CANCEL OUR TUX ORDER 3-WEEKS BEFORE OUR WEDDING. They messed up the mother-of-the-bride dress on MULTIPLE occasions AND "forgot" about our appointments more than once. The entire shop is extremely unorganized.

The "manager" of the shop truly does not care about the brides that walk in the door, and the rest of the staff doesn't even remember who you are after going in 4-5 times, and after spending THOUSANDS of dollars.

Picking out a wedding dress is supposed to be a treat and a great experience. Our family's experience at 125 Bridal as was regretful and overall a very unfortunate experience.

Please do not make the same mistakes we did.

Profile Picture User6673589, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Veils, Bride, Groom, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Mother of Bride, Father of Groom, Mother of Groom
0.7

First heard about 125 Bridal at a wedding showcase in Manchester. We were given a card offering $100.00 off the brides gown and a discount off from all other dresses purchased there. My daughter found her gown and the bridesmaids dresses there. When we asked about the discount, the Manager said that they NEVER offer discounts. We told her that we were told at the bridal expo we would receive a discount. She reluctantly gave us the discount once we demanded it. That should have been our cue to RUN! Numerous fittings appointments were scheduled for the bride and the bridesmaids. One fitting appointment we went to, they didn't even know we were scheduled. Dally the seamstress was super nice to deal with. On one occasion the Manager called the Mother of the bride by the stepmother of the brides name. That was extremely unprofessional! This business is disorganized, the staff are rude, incompetant and continue to make scheduling errors. One of the mothers made a fitting appointment and after driving there (1 hour) from home was told by the receptionist that she didn't have an appointment with the seamstress. Then the Manager told her she did have the appointment but the seamstress wasn't even there. The receptionist called the seamstress and put her on the phone with the mother. The seamstress said " nobody told me you were scheduled to meet with me. My next available day with availability will be Saturday." This was 3 weeks before the wedding! Out of time.....the mother left the store and when the owner called later she nicely asked for a refund due to the fact that she was out of time and needed to make sure she had a dress that fit for the wedding! The owner argued about refunding her money".......THEN THREATENED TO CANCEL ALL TUX ORDERS!!!!!!!!! UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!

Profile Picture Carol, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Veils, Bride, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Mother of Bride, Father of Groom
1.0

The service here was subpar at best. I would walk in and be completely ignored even after trying to get someone's attention.
My biggest problem was the seamstress. The 1st fitting went great. The seamstress was funny and joking around with my mom and I. The 2nd time, she sent us away without getting anything done because she was too overwhelmed by amount of people I brought. I found this very unprofessional because she could have asked them to be quiet, but no she just stopped the appointment. Making my trip a waste, and I drive about 40 mins to get there.

I had to come back a total of four times, which was ridiculous because she didn't communicate her needs or intentions at all.
On my 4th visit (9 days before the wedding) I told her I couldn't come back for a fitting again. She said it was fine, and said the dress would be ready by Friday, April 29th. TWO DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING!! I wasn't able to get up there on the 29th, but my venue was about 10-15 mins away, and the rehearsal was Saturday. She said I could pick it up Saturday around 11:30 a.m. (my rehearsal was at noon).

I went to get it before my rehearsal only to be told that it hadn't been steamed. I told them I needed to take it so I didn't care. The seamstress came out and said she still had to reinforce the seams AND steam it. This is THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING!!! She said she'd bring it to my hotel. I said okay, but that I wouldn't be there until about 6. All day long, I stressed. I received a call that she'd be there at 6:30. I was still at the nail salon so my mother waited for it. My maids of honor and I got back at the hotel a little past 6:30. Still no dress.

She was almost TWO HOURS LATE! THE NIGHT BEFORE THE WEDDING!!!!!! Not so much as an apology. On top of that, it hadn't been taken in near my chest, one of the loops on the bustle broke, and so did my hook.
If you decide the service is worth the gorgeous dresses, DO NOT USE THE SEAMSTRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Price includes fitting)

Profile Picture Lee, 5/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

My experience shopping for a gown at 125 Bridal was excellent! I had contacted Jay, (the owner) in advance regarding some specific San Patrick gowns, and he was very helpful over the phone. I drove over an hour for my appointment, and was greeted warmly by Jay upon arrival. My mom and I had the entire store to ourselves for the duration of the appointment, and I can't say enough about my stylist Liz - she was helpful, totally receptive to my vision, and THE most patient stylist I have worked with so far. She didn't rush us or push for a sale. The quality and selection of gowns was superior to any bridal salon I have visited so far. Unfortunately, I did not find my gown at 125 Bridal, but they offered to personally call me if they get any gowns in that fit what I'm looking for...if they do, I would purchase from them in a heartbeat. Great experience!

Profile Picture User5408159, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I had a fantastic experience at 125 Bridal!! I bought my wedding dress there and my consultant Natalie was incredible! I am small chested and have spent my life hiking up strapless dresses and did not want to spend my wedding day doing that. She put me in some options with straps but I wasn't loving anything. She asked if I wanted to try a strapless dress just to see how it felt. The said there was a ton of structure in them and she was absolutely right! The dress I ended up choosing was strapless and I never once worried about it falling down. We ordered it and when it came it it fit me perfectly.. Almost too perfectly!! I have been working out and had built a lot of muscle so even though it got like a glove I was a little nervous about sitting down. The seamstress listened to all my concerns and let it out just a hair while keeping all the gorgeous lace in tact. My dress in the end fit perfectly and I received so many comments on how stunning it was, how great I looked in it and how it had a gorgeous vintage look too it. It was everything I had hoped for and the staff made sure all of my needs and concerns were handled quickly and efficiently.

Two of my bride aids who were local also ordered their dresses from here and were thrilled. One was pregnant at the time but wouldn't be during the wedding, and she was concerned about the measuring process and the fit after her pregnancy. They did a fantastic job of ordering the right size and the only alterations needed were tightening the straps and adding snaps to the straps so that she could still breast feed. I mean truly amazing!!

125 Bridal made sure that all of my needs were met and they took impeccable care of my bridesmaids. I would recommend them to any bride looking!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter and I had a wonderful experience at 125 Bridal Boutique. We were left alone to browse the racks and select gowns to try, then Sandra brought in several dresses to try based on feedback. There was absolutely no pressure from Sandra- she was so kind, she seemed like an Aunt! We ultimately found "the dress" at Marry & Tux, another great salon, but I recommend a trip here, too. Have fun!

Profile Picture User4273550, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
1.6

When I found my dress the experience was incredible. I was soo excited to have found my dress, the consultant was helpful. However when the dress was due to come in I played phone tag for 4 months receiving different stories each time. I asked to speak to a manager who told me that I was wrong and her staff would do no such thing. I found out that my dress was ordered a month later than I was lead to believe. Given several dates to expect it. The dress was ordered as petite (I'm short) and found out after the fact that it is considered a specialty order and takes longer to arrive. Once my dress came in I received a call and I was elated to go pick it up. Once I got there the dress was hung up in a room and I was told I could go back to try it on, no help to figure out how to take it off the hanger or navigate all the inner workings. I had to go out and ask for help. Next as I started to pay for the dress I was told the business was moving the following day to a new location, no forwarning.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 1/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Love this place. Jess is awesome

Profile Picture User3908781, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This locatin provoded Great service and a great selection.

Profile Picture User4417287, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.0

The ONLY pleasant experience I had, was my very first visit with Ashley when I bought my dress. Other than that, every time i walked in for a fitting, I was handed my dress and thrown into a tiny dressing room with no hooks to hang my clothing or my dress, a mirror rested on the floor against the wall and not one person around to help me get into my dress. Pins and other objects thrown all over the floor where my 2 very young children had to get dressed. Then there is Sally the seamstress. I will keep this very short but she is extremely rude!!! to the point where i left every one of my fittings in tears, and i am a pretty tough chick! She actually screamed at me in the middle of the store because she cut my daughter's dress up to her diaper just 2 weeks before my wedding!! The service is awful and the only time you are accommodated is when they realize you are in the wedding industry and will make sure all brides are warned not to go there!!! AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture User4395488, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews