37 Reviews for 12 South Band

Ceremony (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Fog Machine (1)
30 12 South Band Reviews

Out of all the vendors I dealt with......THESE GUYS ARE THE BEST!! I loved working with Anna (who was also very helpful in developing a timeline for me). If you want a fun fun wedding reception, you MUST hire this band. Costume changes, sang tons of songs of all genres, FUN! Our guests couldn't stop talking about it non-stop. LOVE LOVE LOVE these people!!!

Profile Picture Tammy, 12/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Reception, Vocals

What an absolutely fantastic band!!! They played at my daughter's wedding. They are not only professional and extremely talented, but the crowd absolutely loved them - so much that the dance floor was still full at the end of the night. Diversity of music played appealed to everyone as well. They're a must hire for any function!!!!

Profile Picture Craig, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is AMAZING! Our wedding was moved inside a barn due to the rain and they were completely flexible and willing to work with our day of coordinator. We were just "going with it" and they know how to do that. They're the absolute best. Our bridal party and guests danced the night away. They played our first dance, father/daughter, mother/son with perfection. We had the 8-piece band versus the 12-piece because our venue was a little smaller. Will forever recommend this band!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

If we could do it all over, we would have left a lot more time for the band to perform. Anna was great to work with, especially in her flexibility to meet with us while we were in town (destination wedding). 12 South was one of the best decisions we made for our reception. All of our guests were on the dance floor the whole time and loved the energy from the band members and the song selections they played. We wish we could party with this crew every weekend.

Profile Picture W, 7/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I were absolutely blown away by 12 South Band. We opted for the eight piece option and they exceeded all of our expectations. Leading up the wedding, they were very responsive and easy to work with. Anna even gave us dance lessons and choreographed our first dance! They set a lively, energetic tone for our reception and guests were on the dance floor all night. Our guests raved that they felt like they were at a concert and could not stop talking about them! We are so happy with 12 South Band and would recommend them over a DJ any day!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

you can not beat this band.. we used their 8 South Band plus 1 for my daughter's April wedding here in Memphis.. I had attended a cousin's wedding in Nashville January 2016 and thought they were so good that they would be great for my daughter's wedding.. they kept the crowd on their feet the entire reception and the crowd at the end was as big as at the beginning.. my daughter and her new husband had a blast.. you can not go wrong hiring them.. such fun! A day and night to remember!

Profile Picture N, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

12South Band is the best band we have ever seen or heard. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Ten Stars!
Anna choreographed a family dance for us that was so fun to learn and surprised our guests in lieu of the typical father daughter etc. dances. We are still smiling and laughing about how much fun we had and how great 12South Band was. I want to hire them for another party soon!

Profile Picture User7269252, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I met at Rippy's on Lower Broad and wanted our wedding to showcase the night we met. Naturally, we picked the Nash Country ensemble of the 12 South Band and were absolutely blown away!!! Not only did they go above and beyond to learn our random request songs, they played every song I suggested or requested from their set list. During the planning stages, Anna was so responsive and helpful which translated seamlessly with the band once our big day arrived. I can't even articulate in words how amazing of an experience it was working with them. We had Industry professionals as guests, and all of them were asking where we found them! We got married in Franklin, and even had the Franklin PD show up because they were rocking so hard! We took this as a huge compliment to our party! :). Don't hesitate! Book this band!

Profile Picture Stacey, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The 12 South Band seriously made our wedding night!! Picking a band was probably one of the biggest decisions throughout the wedding planning process because all we wanted was for our guests to have an absolute blast. And with all said and done, I couldn't be happier that we found the 12 South Band! Their energy had everyone on the dance floor as soon as they took the stage and it lasted throughout the entire night! The level of talent within the group is unbelievable... on top of providing just a great variety of music, they are true entertainers. I was too busy dancing my butt off, but I wish I could've watched their every move! We have received endless compliments on how amazing and fun our reception was (many have even said it's the best they've been to) and we owe it all to the band! Additionally, Anna was so easy to work with and responsive during the whole booking process. AND they learned our 3 special dance songs for us, which turned out beautifully!

All in all, this band is AMAZING! I honestly cannot say enough about them and how highly I recommend them for any event in need of great entertainment! I can only hope I get the opportunity to see this band perform again someday. A million times Thank You 12 South Band!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Our in boxes are filled with compliments from our guests raving about this band. They delivered an exciting performance for our family's wedding reception last weekend. No doubt they are extraordinary performers, both musically and as stage artists who can captivate the audience. Their pace of play is remarkable. They were the ideal capstone to a great celebration.

Profile Picture Mike, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Stop reading these reviews and book this band!! It's hard to put into words how incredibly glad we were that we booked the 12 South Band for our wedding. They are some of the most talented musicians you will ever meet, and they are SO FUN! My husband and I joke about being wedding crashers just so we can hear this band again! Our wedding was over a month ago, and we still have people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our guests had so much fun and so did we! Anna was a dream to work with and was very prompt with returning emails and phone calls. Thank you 12 South Band!

Profile Picture Janelle, 6/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

12 South was awesome for my daughters wedding! did everything music wise, before, during after!! Loved them playing appropriate music during dinner, and of course MC-ing all the wedding stuff! No worries about set up, very professional! I used to have clubs, so I know the issues with timing, set up, etc. Great attitudes throughout the day! And once the crowd got into it, they know what to play. Cant say enough about this band. Best of luck to the band and its support staff!

Profile Picture David, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

There is no way we could have had a better band!! They were so great. I have had more people than I can count tell me it was the funnest reception/band they'd ever seen. From kids the grandparents, everyone was on their feet dancing the entire night! They had so much energy and really brought it to the stage (and off the stage)! Since the wedding, I've had 2 or 3 different people with upcoming events ask for the bands information! I would definitely recommend the 12southband to everyone. You will be missing out if you don't!!!

Profile Picture Meagan, 12/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

When I say that my wedding was complete because of 12 South Band, I mean it. The band's energy was the driving force of the entire night. Working with Anna to make my wedding vision come true was a breeze. She was responsive and understanding. If you don't use this band, then you chose wrong.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel

This band will totally make your event. My father played weekend gigs for over 40 years and was in love with this band's demo. I am soooo happy we selected them, as the live performance lives up to the demo, and then some!!! The crown was left wanting more, even after over 6 hours!! It made our wedding reception the best ever!!! They played soft jazz at the cocktail party before and were amazing! Get the extra brass if your venue can support, as it is so worth it. Our reception was at Henry Clay in Louisville, Ky. LOVE THIS BAND!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Choosing a band was probably one of the hardest decisions we made through our whole wedding planning process because all I wanted for my wedding reception was an awesome band that would create an unforgettable party. Well....I should probably rephrase, it wasn't the hardest decision but it was definitely the most time consuming! We found 12 South after a long search online of local and travel bands and I am SO THANKFUL we found them!!! We fell in love immediately with their energy and their music selection of classic and current songs that everyone knows. They were so accommodating, they communicated everything quickly and really took control of the reception on the wedding day. Not to mention, everyone in the band took time to speak to me and thank me for having them, they were all seriously such nice and fun people. I kid you not when I say that EVERYONE at my reception was on their feet, dancing, and belting out every song. In all my pictures from the reception, people either have their arms thrown up in the air dancing for their life or their mouths wide open singing as loud as they can. People are still talking about how amazing 12 South Band was and about how my wedding was the best party they've been to. BOOK THIS BAND!!! I already have a savings account so I can book them again, for what? Who knows, but something!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Fog Machine, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

12 South Band was the absolute best! We could not have asked for a better night of entertainment, music and dancing during our wedding reception. They stole the show and made for a perfect event - thank you!!!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

This is your wedding band of you want to dance and be entertained! The 12 south band exceeded our expectations! They are extremely professional and responsive. They learned 3 songs for us and knocked them out of the park. Every wedding guest commented on how good they were and that this was the best wedding band they have ever seen! They made our wedding memorable, special and fun for us and all of our guests. If you are looking for top notch performers, musicians and singers this is your band. Well done 12 south band. It was a blast! Thanks for making it such a wonderful night!

Profile Picture User4483573, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled. Even more important our guests loved them as well. They were excellent musicians but their showmanship, energy and charisma really shone through. A number of my friends who attended are talented musicians and all thought they did an outstanding job. I lost count of number of people who raved that they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard . . . and they have heard a lot of them. Thank you so much for the great performance and being a real highlight for our guests and us.

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

12 South Band is the BEST!!! Our reception was a blast! They truly made the party! Two weeks later, everyone is still talking about how awesome the band was!! The dance floor was packed with people of all ages from the start of the show. The 90s medley was a huge hit - they let people get on stage to sing along! 12 South Band was very professional and flexible! Anna is awesome and very responsive! She went out of her way to accomodate us. They loaned us extension cords for the ceremony. They nailed the arrangement we wanted for our first dance. They played through a power outage & kept the crowd dancing and the energy up! You have to book 12 South Band at your event!!!

Profile Picture emily, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

WOW! 12 South Band is the GREATEST wedding band OF ALL TIME! From their wonderful communication with the bride, groom and wedding coordinator from start to finish, determining how to make your day personalized by learning new music for your wedding ceremony and reception, and their OUTSTANDING performance and musical talents, makes 12 South Band the ONLY option for your wedding! If this band is not available for your wedding date, then CHANGE YOUR DATE!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

BOOK THIS BAND!!! Seriously. We LOVED 12 South, and LOVED our reception. This band is the real deal. We booked them based solely off of the amazing reviews we read, and they did not disappoint. They were everything we could have ever asked for and so much more!!! They got people dancing right away, and we had a FULL dance floor for the ENTIRE night!! Literally everyone at our reception, no matter the age or comfort with dancing, was asking us where we found the band--and then commenting on how amazing they were. 12 South are not only fabulous entertainers, they are also true musicians and vocalists as well. We even asked them to learn two rather highly produced songs for our reception and they nailed them!! It was like being at an amazing live show...in my wedding dress. They are not only spectacular during the event, but 12 South was extremely easy to work with and very professional. They were friendly, accommodating, and totally focused on making our night special. I can't express enough how grateful I am for how wonderful 12 South made both the reception and the months leading up to it. 12 South MADE our wedding weekend. If you're looking for perfection and a reception people will talk about forever, or if you're just looking for perfection and a great live show--BOOK 12 SOUTH!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The 12 South Band was flat out amazing at my wedding! At least 30 people at the wedding stopped me and asked me where I found them and told me how great they were. They were very flexible and allowed us to change our wedding song the week of the wedding. I know everyone was extremely impressed with not only the band's versatility and talent but also the fact that they played almost 3 straight hours without a break. Everything they did was fabulous and I can say without a doubt that they were the best money we spent on the entire wedding. I would recommend the 12 South Band for any wedding or any type of event that aims get people out on the dance floor, they are true entertainers! My bride and I also took dance lessons through the 12 South Band's partner Ballroom Bug, this turned out great because we were very coordinated with the band the day of the wedding and we received a discount on the lessons because we were using the band.

Profile Picture Harlin, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

12 South was AMAZING!!!!! They were everything I could have asked for and more. The music was the most important thing to me at the wedding, and they totally delivered. The dance floor was packed all night, and we got SO many compliments on the band. I don't know how many people told me it was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to, but it was a lot. They played exactly the type of music we were looking for (upbeat, mostly top-40/modern, with some classics thrown in), and they really made our reception into quite the party. They even had these amazing gloves with lasers coming out of them... Awesome. If you are looking to have the time of you life at your wedding, I would absolutely recommend 12 South!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/18/15, 1 Review