12 South Band Reviews

40 Reviews for 12 South Band

40 12 South Band Reviews

Margo Goldberg · Married on 11/13/2018

Greatest Band Ever

This band was the highlight of our daughter's wedding reception. Everyone was up dancing and celebrating. Played 4 hours with only a 10 minute break and the dance floor was packed. Can't say enough good things in such a small space, just don't look anywhere else. BOOK 12 SOUTH BAND. I never talked to them, all arrangements done via emails and they did not fail to meet our every expectation. Every guest came up to us saying this was the best band they've ever heard. Hire them now and don't look further. You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/13/2018

12 South Band's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure to work with you on the wedding and celebrate with your family and friends! Thank you again for having us!!

Joanna · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding

The 12 South Band went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable. They played the perfect mixture of oldies and new day music to keep everyone happy and dancing all night. We still have guests talking about how awesome the band was! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a wedding where you dance the night away!

Sent on 11/14/2018

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much Joanna! We are so glad everyone enjoyed the band! Thank you again for letting us share in your special day. We wish you all the very best!!

Lesley · Married on 08/25/2018

Wow! What a band

We recently had this amazing band at our Wedding in August, they were a huge hit! We had people from all over the state come to Kentucky for the wedding and everyone was just taken away by how awesome 8 South was. The dance floor was packed until the end of the night. This is one thing you must have if your wanting a amazing wedding! We haven’t got our video or photos back but posted are some from our wedding planner.

12 South Band 1
    12 South Band 2
    12 South Band 3
    12 South Band 4
    12 South Band 5
    12 South Band 6

Tammy · Married on 12/02/2017

Out of all the vendors I dealt with......THESE GUYS ARE THE BEST!! I loved working with Anna (who was also very helpful in developing a timeline for me). If you want a fun fun wedding reception, you MUST hire this band. Costume changes, sang tons of songs of all genres, FUN! Our guests couldn't stop talking about it non-stop. LOVE LOVE LOVE these people!!!

Craig · Married on 10/20/2017

What an absolutely fantastic band!!! They played at my daughter's wedding. They are not only professional and extremely talented, but the crowd absolutely loved them - so much that the dance floor was still full at the end of the night. Diversity of music played appealed to everyone as well. They're a must hire for any function!!!!

Amy · Married on 09/01/2017

This band is AMAZING! Our wedding was moved inside a barn due to the rain and they were completely flexible and willing to work with our day of coordinator. We were just "going with it" and they know how to do that. They're the absolute best. Our bridal party and guests danced the night away. They played our first dance, father/daughter, mother/son with perfection. We had the 8-piece band versus the 12-piece because our venue was a little smaller. Will forever recommend this band!

Sent on 09/07/2017

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks Amy!! We had a blast celebrating with you and your family and friends, and we appreciate you letting us share in your special day. All the best to you both!
  • W

W · Married on 07/03/2017

If we could do it all over, we would have left a lot more time for the band to perform. Anna was great to work with, especially in her flexibility to meet with us while we were in town (destination wedding). 12 South was one of the best decisions we made for our reception. All of our guests were on the dance floor the whole time and loved the energy from the band members and the song selections they played. We wish we could party with this crew every weekend.

Sent on 07/09/2017

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much!! We had a great time celebrating with you two and your family and friends...such a fun group! Thanks again for having us perform; we wish you all the very best!!

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I were absolutely blown away by 12 South Band. We opted for the eight piece option and they exceeded all of our expectations. Leading up the wedding, they were very responsive and easy to work with. Anna even gave us dance lessons and choreographed our first dance! They set a lively, energetic tone for our reception and guests were on the dance floor all night. Our guests raved that they felt like they were at a concert and could not stop talking about them! We are so happy with 12 South Band and would recommend them over a DJ any day!

N · Married on 04/22/2017

you can not beat this band.. we used their 8 South Band plus 1 for my daughter's April wedding here in Memphis.. I had attended a cousin's wedding in Nashville January 2016 and thought they were so good that they would be great for my daughter's wedding.. they kept the crowd on their feet the entire reception and the crowd at the end was as big as at the beginning.. my daughter and her new husband had a blast.. you can not go wrong hiring them.. such fun! A day and night to remember!

Sent on 05/16/2017

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are so happy you all enjoyed the band and appreciated the opportunity to celebrate with you all! Thanks so much again for having us!!

Angela · Married on 04/08/2017

12South Band is the best band we have ever seen or heard. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Ten Stars!
    Anna choreographed a family dance for us that was so fun to learn and surprised our guests in lieu of the typical father daughter etc. dances. We are still smiling and laughing about how much fun we had and how great 12South Band was. I want to hire them for another party soon!

Stacey · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I met at Rippy's on Lower Broad and wanted our wedding to showcase the night we met. Naturally, we picked the Nash Country ensemble of the 12 South Band and were absolutely blown away!!! Not only did they go above and beyond to learn our random request songs, they played every song I suggested or requested from their set list. During the planning stages, Anna was so responsive and helpful which translated seamlessly with the band once our big day arrived. I can't even articulate in words how amazing of an experience it was working with them. We had Industry professionals as guests, and all of them were asking where we found them! We got married in Franklin, and even had the Franklin PD show up because they were rocking so hard! We took this as a huge compliment to our party! :). Don't hesitate! Book this band!

Sent on 04/27/2017

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words!! We so appreciate you letting us be part of your special day, and we hope to see you all again soon! :)

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

The 12 South Band seriously made our wedding night!! Picking a band was probably one of the biggest decisions throughout the wedding planning process because all we wanted was for our guests to have an absolute blast. And with all said and done, I couldn't be happier that we found the 12 South Band! Their energy had everyone on the dance floor as soon as they took the stage and it lasted throughout the entire night! The level of talent within the group is unbelievable... on top of providing just a great variety of music, they are true entertainers. I was too busy dancing my butt off, but I wish I could've watched their every move! We have received endless compliments on how amazing and fun our reception was (many have even said it's the best they've been to) and we owe it all to the band! Additionally, Anna was so easy to work with and responsive during the whole booking process. AND they learned our 3 special dance songs for us, which turned out beautifully!

All in all, this band is AMAZING! I honestly cannot say enough about them and how highly I recommend them for any event in need of great entertainment! I can only hope I get the opportunity to see this band perform again someday. A million times Thank You 12 South Band!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica! It was such a pleasure to work with you all and be part of your special day. We are so happy for you guys and appreciate you choosing 12South to help you celebrate! All the very best to you both!

Mike · Married on 07/30/2016

Our in boxes are filled with compliments from our guests raving about this band. They delivered an exciting performance for our family's wedding reception last weekend. No doubt they are extraordinary performers, both musically and as stage artists who can captivate the audience. Their pace of play is remarkable. They were the ideal capstone to a great celebration.

Sent on 08/01/2016

12 South Band's reply:

Mike, thank you so much for the kind words! We are thrilled you all enjoyed the band. We had an amazing time celebrating with your group!! Wishing you all the best, and hope to see you guys again soon!

Janelle · Married on 06/26/2016

Stop reading these reviews and book this band!! It's hard to put into words how incredibly glad we were that we booked the 12 South Band for our wedding. They are some of the most talented musicians you will ever meet, and they are SO FUN! My husband and I joke about being wedding crashers just so we can hear this band again! Our wedding was over a month ago, and we still have people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our guests had so much fun and so did we! Anna was a dream to work with and was very prompt with returning emails and phone calls. Thank you 12 South Band!

Sent on 07/18/2016

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much Janelle! We were honored to be a part of your special day. Hope you guys are having a fantastic Summer, and we would love to see you all at another event! :) Thanks so much for sharing this great review!

David · Married on 05/29/2016

12 South was awesome for my daughters wedding! did everything music wise, before, during after!! Loved them playing appropriate music during dinner, and of course MC-ing all the wedding stuff! No worries about set up, very professional! I used to have clubs, so I know the issues with timing, set up, etc. Great attitudes throughout the day! And once the crowd got into it, they know what to play. Cant say enough about this band. Best of luck to the band and its support staff!

Sent on 06/08/2016

12 South Band's reply:

David, thank you so much for having us! We had such a good time with you all and truly appreciate being part of your special day! Hope to see you all soon!

Meagan · Married on 12/19/2015

There is no way we could have had a better band!! They were so great. I have had more people than I can count tell me it was the funnest reception/band they'd ever seen. From kids the grandparents, everyone was on their feet dancing the entire night! They had so much energy and really brought it to the stage (and off the stage)! Since the wedding, I've had 2 or 3 different people with upcoming events ask for the bands information! I would definitely recommend the 12southband to everyone. You will be missing out if you don't!!!

Sent on 01/26/2016

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much Meagan! We really appreciate you having us at the event. It was so much fun!! Hope all is going well, and congratulations again to you both! :)

Kimberly · Married on 10/18/2015

When I say that my wedding was complete because of 12 South Band, I mean it. The band's energy was the driving force of the entire night. Working with Anna to make my wedding vision come true was a breeze. She was responsive and understanding. If you don't use this band, then you chose wrong.

Sent on 11/17/2015

12 South Band's reply:

Thank you so much Kimberly! We really appreciate you guys choosing us for your entertainment! Thanks again for everything and for being so great to work with! :)

Nancy · Married on 10/10/2015

This band will totally make your event. My father played weekend gigs for over 40 years and was in love with this band's demo. I am soooo happy we selected them, as the live performance lives up to the demo, and then some!!! The crown was left wanting more, even after over 6 hours!! It made our wedding reception the best ever!!! They played soft jazz at the cocktail party before and were amazing! Get the extra brass if your venue can support, as it is so worth it. Our reception was at Henry Clay in Louisville, Ky. LOVE THIS BAND!!!

Jenny · Married on 09/26/2015

Choosing a band was probably one of the hardest decisions we made through our whole wedding planning process because all I wanted for my wedding reception was an awesome band that would create an unforgettable party. Well....I should probably rephrase, it wasn't the hardest decision but it was definitely the most time consuming! We found 12 South after a long search online of local and travel bands and I am SO THANKFUL we found them!!! We fell in love immediately with their energy and their music selection of classic and current songs that everyone knows. They were so accommodating, they communicated everything quickly and really took control of the reception on the wedding day. Not to mention, everyone in the band took time to speak to me and thank me for having them, they were all seriously such nice and fun people. I kid you not when I say that EVERYONE at my reception was on their feet, dancing, and belting out every song. In all my pictures from the reception, people either have their arms thrown up in the air dancing for their life or their mouths wide open singing as loud as they can. People are still talking about how amazing 12 South Band was and about how my wedding was the best party they've been to. BOOK THIS BAND!!! I already have a savings account so I can book them again, for what? Who knows, but something!

Sent on 11/09/2015

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much Jenny! We had such a great time at your event and are equally happy you found us! ;) Your whole group was an absolute blast! We would love to celebrate another occasion with you all in the future. All the best!!

Megan · Married on 09/19/2015

12 South Band was the absolute best! We could not have asked for a better night of entertainment, music and dancing during our wedding reception. They stole the show and made for a perfect event - thank you!!!!!

This is your wedding band of you want to dance and be entertained! The 12 south band exceeded our expectations! They are extremely professional and responsive. They learned 3 songs for us and knocked them out of the park. Every wedding guest commented on how good they were and that this was the best wedding band they have ever seen! They made our wedding memorable, special and fun for us and all of our guests. If you are looking for top notch performers, musicians and singers this is your band. Well done 12 south band. It was a blast! Thanks for making it such a wonderful night!

Taylor · Married on 09/05/2015

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled. Even more important our guests loved them as well. They were excellent musicians but their showmanship, energy and charisma really shone through. A number of my friends who attended are talented musicians and all thought they did an outstanding job. I lost count of number of people who raved that they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard . . . and they have heard a lot of them. Thank you so much for the great performance and being a real highlight for our guests and us.

emily · Married on 08/22/2015

12 South Band is the BEST!!! Our reception was a blast! They truly made the party! Two weeks later, everyone is still talking about how awesome the band was!! The dance floor was packed with people of all ages from the start of the show. The 90s medley was a huge hit - they let people get on stage to sing along! 12 South Band was very professional and flexible! Anna is awesome and very responsive! She went out of her way to accomodate us. They loaned us extension cords for the ceremony. They nailed the arrangement we wanted for our first dance. They played through a power outage & kept the crowd dancing and the energy up! You have to book 12 South Band at your event!!!

Sent on 09/06/2015

12 South Band's reply:

Thanks so much!! We had a great time with you all. Such a fun group! Congrats again to you both!!

Julie · Married on 08/08/2015

WOW! 12 South Band is the GREATEST wedding band OF ALL TIME! From their wonderful communication with the bride, groom and wedding coordinator from start to finish, determining how to make your day personalized by learning new music for your wedding ceremony and reception, and their OUTSTANDING performance and musical talents, makes 12 South Band the ONLY option for your wedding! If this band is not available for your wedding date, then CHANGE YOUR DATE!