81 Reviews for 10 Downing at Churchill's

Lighting/Sound (5)
Uncovered Outdoor (4)
Outside Cake (2)
81 10 Downing at Churchill's Reviews

10 Downing honestly made all of my wedding dreams come true - ACTUALLY Mark and Meg (the wedding coordinators) made my wedding dreams come true! They honestly made the wedding planning process seamless, enjoyable, and so easy. I planned my wedding from Minnesota and am so lucky to have had them on my team. Mark responded to my lengthy emails within hours and was so thorough and complete. They made a fabulous day of timeline and contact list that was so helpful.

10 Downing is the most beautiful venue. We had our ceremony and reception here - we had 65 people and it was the perfect size. I'd highly recommend reserving the rooftop bar as well - the guests really loved having an outside option and it was perfect for cocktail hour.

Honestly every single one of my guests said that this was the best meal they had in Savannah and the best wedding food they'd ever had. We went with the family style option of shrimp and grits paired with NY Strip and both were just phenomenal. Everyone says that something will go wrong on your wedding day, but that did not happen for me thanks to Mark and Meg. If something did go awry, it was taken care of before even noticed/not noticed at all. Highly highly HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had a wonderful experience with 10 Downing. Mark and his team were responsive throughout the process. The food was amazing and very affordable. We also rented the rooftop and could not have enjoyed it more. Beautiful, functional space.

Profile Picture Rosie, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My review is actually for Churchill's Winston Wine Cellar; another terrific venue space available that is actually downstairs from the restaurant's street level entrance. This venue was perfect for our 40 guests for our 'Wedding Eve Bash.' Mark, the manager, was more than accommodating, professional, and helpful in helping us build our menu and plan our dream evening out. The food set the bar quite high for the weekend and actually was the best dinner we experienced! You were allowed to bring in your own decor and choose your own bar plan as well which was really great in making the evening just the way we wanted it. Thank you Mark and your very friendly staff for a terrific dinner and excellent evening! I highly recommend this venue for its unique historic atmosphere and for the grand dining experience.

Profile Picture Bree, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

My husband and I had our wedding at Churchill's on October 21, 2017. After becoming engaged in June, I began to reach out to various venues in Savannah to see if there was anything available in October. Alyssa from Churchill's responded immediately, and was on the phone with my mom that evening. After being introduced to Alyssa, we were introduced to Mark, the General Manager. Both were an absolute dream to work with. Their responses were quick, thoughtful, and always thorough - the thorough part being the most important to me. My now-husband and I never had a chance to actually visit the venue space prior to the wedding, so we put all of our trust in Mark and his team, and his e-mail responses never caused me to doubt our choice. We had around 60 guests in total, and utilized the ceremony room for both the ceremony and dinner. We elected to use the rooftop for the cocktail hour as well as the reception. The space itself is just beautiful - wood floors, big windows, bulb lights over the rooftop. Everything ran smoothly and was taken care of. When the straps broke on both of the shoes my sister-in-law was wearing, Mark pulled out an emergency bag and found a hot glue gun so we could fix them. When he heard my parents really loved the brussels sprouts they'd had at Churchill's the previous evening, he made sure there were some on their plates during the reception. And through the entire four month planning process and evening of the wedding, Mark infused an enormous amount of humor into the experience. I am ridiculously glad we chose Churchill's. I will be recommending them to absolutely everyone who suggests they are interested in getting married in Savannah. They are, hands down, the best deal you will find there.

Profile Picture Krystin, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Event Planning

We would absolutely recommend 10 Downing at Churchill's. The space itself is beautiful in its simplicity, and can really take on any "look" or "theme" you might be going for. It was a perfect size for our party of 26, thought it could certainly accommodate more guests. Everyone raved about the food, and nobody left hungry because there was so much of it! Importantly, to echo so many other reviews, Mark was incredible to work with! We live in Florida and were only able to travel to Savannah a few times before our actual wedding, but I had zero stress about our venue and whether everything was going to come together because Mark is 100% invested in every event he holds. He always responded back to my numerous emails super quickly, and he even accommodated some special requests for us and let us decorate early the day before. The servers and bartenders were all wonderful, and we feel so lucky to have worked with such great people. Thank you, Mark and the staff at 10 Downing, for helping to make our day so special!

Profile Picture User7205712, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens

Our wedding at 10 downing was absolutely perfect! I cannot say enough good things about Mark and his wife. They ensured that our wedding day was amazing! Mark was very responsive to all of my messages and answered all of my questions. As another reviewer said, if anything went awry, we were not aware of it. You can tell that they love what they do because they truly want to make this day perfect for you! We forgot to order our large sheet cake before we got there and didn’t know who was going to pick it up. Mark offered to do it for us so we wouldn’t have to stress. He made sure to fill in any gaps that we had in our plan! One piece of advice, hire them to do both the ceremony and reception! We got married in a garden and did not do this and had a few hiccups. I promise you that it is worth the cost! Wedding planning is super stressful and Mark does an incredible job of taking that stress away for you. He is so patient, understanding, and will work with you to make sure your vision of the day comes to life! Everyone had so much fun at our wedding and it could not have gone any better!

Photo for 10 Downing at Churchill's Review - Photography by Vitor Lindo. Highly recommend as well!
Profile Picture Jenny, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Seven months later, we still have people telling us how much they loved our wedding! We rented the ballroom and the patio for our big day, while having our ceremony in a nearby park. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Mark & Meg to coordinate your wedding. They handled everything wonderfully on our wedding day, from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, all through the reception. We didn't have to stress about dragging in friends or family to help us decorate, and got to spend the day relaxing and enjoying ourselves! If you are able to, we really enjoyed doing the food tasting ahead of time as well, where we tried samples of some different menu items before making our final meal selections. Speaking of food - it was outstanding! I'm still dreaming of the fried green tomatoes... Looking forward to drinks at Churchill's on our anniversary!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens

I could not have asked for a more perfect place to host our wedding! The venue is beautiful. We held the ceremony and reception in 10 Downing and the cocktail hour in Winston's Wine Cellar. The staff is very well trained and go above and beyond to see to the guests needs. The food was to die for and our guests are still raving about it! Mark and team do an amazing job! We highly recommend you hire him for day of coordination as well.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and staff. I was living out of state while wedding planning and Mark, the venue coordinator, along with his fantastic team, were there to help me every step of the way. They were quick to respond to emails, flexible with menu and decor options, and eager to lend a helping hand as the big day approached. Often when making wedding related decisions, I would ask Mark for his advice and 99% of the time that is what we chose because he is truly an expert in his field and knows a ton of tricks to ensure that things go beautifully. The night of the wedding, my husband and I were really able to relax and enjoy being with our families knowing that the staff at churchill's had everything under control in terms of serving, cleaning, and flipping the room. We had a ton of compliments from our guests about the waiters, bartenders, and other staff members, as well as the timing of the reception overall. We did both our ceremony and reception in 10 Downing, the upstairs venue space. We also had a cocktail hour in the wine cellar basement while the staff flipped the upstairs room. We had about 75 guests which sat comfortably in the space and did the buffet style dinner which was incredible (guests raved about the food quality). We particularly loved the location of the venue and felt that it was a more than reasonable price to be in the heart of historic down town Savannah. Honestly, if you're having a Savannah wedding with less than 90 guests, this is the place to do it, hands down. You are in great hands with Mark and the event team at Churchill's!

Profile Picture Keller, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My family used 10 Downing over the 4th of July weekend for a wedding reception. Mark was very helpful in setting up the hall and extremely flexible with last minute changes. He let us come in early to decorate so we weren't crunched for time the day of, although the space is beautiful in itself and didn't need much but centerpieces. The wait staff were very professional and friendly throughout the night. Chris is a very talented bartender who not only made wonderful drinks, but was able to suggest drinks to the guest. Food was delicious with a perfect elegant twist on traditional southern fare. I can not say enough about the wonderful staff this venue has. They made the reception go off perfectly just as we pictured. I don't know how much was spent in total at the venue, but the wedding was done of a VERY tight, and small budget.

Profile Picture Kristy, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding ceremony and reception at 10 Downing was amazing! Mark and his staff were truly phenomenal and we enjoyed every second of the process with them. All questions we had were answered extremely quickly and they were willing to do just about anything to help in our planning process. The food and drinks were delicious! We did a tasting a few months before our ceremony and LOVED every single dish. We had such a hard time narrowing it down to the few selections we needed for dinner. Seriously, if you're looking for an affordable yet beautiful venue right in the heart of Savannah, this is it!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens

Mark was an absolute delight to work with and was always available with the most detailed communication. I was nervous that I would miss any detail, so he offered suggestions in everybstepnofntge planning process. He was wonderful!
The venue was absolutely perfect and suited us wonderfully for both the ceremony and the reception in the same room, and the guests were able to enjoy the rooftop bar area while the room was prepared for the reception.
I highly recommend having your wedding here and working with Mark!

Profile Picture Shae, 4/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding ceremony and reception and 10 Downing earlier this year and I cannot praise enough the work Mark and his team does to make your wedding the most perfect day. They are very flexible and accommodating, not to mention they saw my vision and executed it flawlessly. I would recommend this venue to anyone. We had about 55ish guest and booked both the inside room and the outside rooftop bar for our exclusive use. The space is so intimate and lovely. They really helped make my dream wedding a reality. We also hired Mark to be our day of coordinator and it was so incredibly worth it! They did an absolutely phenomenal job ensuring the evening ran smoothly.

Profile Picture Julianne, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mark was a pleasure to work with. My rehearsal dinner was amazing. Food was great and everyone loved the space. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/24/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It's going to be tricky to fully describe how amazing this place was in one review but I will try, we had our reception there Feb 17th. We do not live in Savannah but we made trips down to see the venue and such, I first went with my now husband and then I brought my parents later on to see it when we went down. They were so helpful and worked so I could see it twice (we were already booked with them when I brought my parents). My husband and I are vegan and finding a place that had vegan was so special to me, knowing that all the food at our wedding was food we could eat was incredible the chef is truly amazing. They communicated with us throughout the whole process and made sure they had every detail needed, even with some email problems I had with my email not going through. Set up was very smooth and they made sure we had everything we needed. Having the bar there was perfect and everything was handled perfectly, they really know what they are doing. Also, the room was perfect and beautiful I could not be happier. Mark and Alyssa you guys are rock stars and helped make our day so unforgettable, thank you.

Profile Picture Rowan, 2/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens

There are not enough good things I can say about Mark and the staff at 10 Downing. People are still talking about the food and the to-go boxes months after our wedding :) From beginning to end Mark makes you feel comfortable, answers all your questions, and helps you as much as he possibly can. I planned my Savannah wedding on NYE while living north of Atlanta. We ended up getting a tent and fire pits last minute and he made it all so easy. He even sent someone to my hotel to get my 2nd dress and shoes for that night. This is all not even to mention how simple and stunning the venue is and the unbelievable value. I couldn't find anyplace in Atlanta for a more affordable price and I was able to get married in Savannah which was so much better!
You get the room, the rooftop and the wine cellar for happy hour which is separate and stunning!
Mark is the most easy to work with person. I even used him for day of coordinating and it worked out perfectly. I knew exactly what I wanted and our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. They let us stay as late as we wished so we didn't have to rush out at anytime. We danced the night away.
If there was a way to give over 100 I would!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are literally no words to describe how amazing the staff at 10 Downing is and how much they care about their brides. I spent 8 months planning my wedding and the entire time Mark was prompt and pleasant to respond no matter what I needed. However, they really showed how much they cared when the week before my wedding Hurricane Matthew started heading our way. Starting the Monday before (wedding was on Saturday), Mark was in constant contact with me to reassure me that everything would be ok and they would do everything they could...and they did! Sunday morning I got a text that Mark and two staff members had made it to the venue and we were having the wedding. It was the most amazing day, we were catered to with a smile. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff are LITERALLY THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! They don't have enough stars for me to give these people but they are definitely 100!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Mark at 10downing is wonderful at making sure you don't miss anything!He is very responsive and super friendly to work with. The staff was attentive to our needs and the guests needs as well. My advice for this venue is to have atleast a day of coordinator if you plan to have ceremony and reception there because you have to flip the room in 45 minutes. Without Mark and my coordinator, I would've been stressed about this,but I just got to walk in and see all the beautiful decorations I had envisioned all set up. I also advise that you include 2 bartenders if you rent the outdoor terrace. Finally please have your credit card ready and have a person appointed to take care of the final bill. This got overlooked and my groom had to pull his credit card out in a hurry before out sparkler send off. It was a little stressful but really was my fault as the bride for not having this detail covered. No wedding is perfect I guess.

Profile Picture User5344294, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a perfect event at Churchill’s in the 10 Downing Room, mostly due to Mark and his staff. We had a small wedding, 35 guests, but were just as valued as a larger wedding party. Mark went out of his way to accommodate some of our requests for substitutions on the menu, notifying us when menu changes were made and coordinating with the various vendors dropping items off (flowers, favors, cupcakes, etc.). The bride only met Mark and viewed the space 2 days before the wedding, when we stopped by impromptu and he was more than gracious enough to open up the room and give her a sneak peek!

It was a destination wedding for us, but the groom was able to do the tasting and view the space a few months early. The groom and his parents were stuffed to the brim with the tasting 3 months before our event – go hungry, very hungry, to the tasting. Mark made it easy for us to have confidence in his team and in our decision to sign a contract for a space sight unseen, from 6,000 miles away!

The evening of, he was there – unobtrusive, professional and in charge. The wait and bar staff were phenomenal and we didn’t hear of a single complaint of the wrong meal (more that people had forgotten what they’d requested) and nobody’s glass remained less than half full. Churchill’s was able to accommodate each guest selecting their own appetizer, salad and entrée – mostly unheard of – and we were so excited that each guest could customize their own meal. Not sure if this is realistic for a much larger group but we appreciated the extra work that goes into that level of catering. The food was fabulous and had generous portions – we did plated dinner, not the buffet.

10 Downing is beautiful all on its own, so we had little in the way of décor – lots of tea lights, simple flowers and the room was perfect – our guests were our focus and Churchill’s made it feel intimate and special. They had a custom bar menu for us and signs at the entrance of the building guiding our gue

Profile Picture ashley, 9/23/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Outside Cake, Indoor, Linens

I would highly recommend 10 Downing for any event or occasion! Mark Royston was amazing to work with! He answered all of our questions within 24 hours (we had a lot of questions) and provided us with great recommendations on DJs, etc. The staff was all very friendly and nice, and the location could not be better being downtown in Savannah! 10 Downing has everything needed for a perfect wedding! The tables, chairs, and overall appeal of the banquet room along with the outside rooftop was beautiful! Could not be happier with how things turned out! Mark was really great and helped us out along the entire process!

Profile Picture Theresa, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Lighting/Sound, Linens

This venue was perfect. We were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same place.

Profile Picture User6152845, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was overwhelmed. I was worried that I would forget a critical piece of the wedding puzzle. It seemed like I was getting bombarded with more information than I could handle. A co-worker caught me crying in the office storeroom one morning and after listening to my increasing anxiety over the tsunami of tasks in front of me and my fiance, she calmly insisted that after work we go meet someone she claimed would make all my worries immediately vanish. Her sister had gotten married in 2015 and had used 10 Downing at Churchill's as the location and most importantly, had utilized Mark Royston of 10 Downing as her wedding planner/organizer/miracle-worker. Even after 3 months have passed since our ceremony and reception at 10 Downing, my husband and I cannot stop raving about Mark Royston, his co-planner wife Meg, and the entire staff. Before writing this review, we read some of the other WeddingWire comments and could not agree more that Mark's ability to well in advance envision the entire experience down to the smallest of detail is beyond amazing. Like a professional juggler, he is able to keep about a dozen balls up in the air at one time while still treating the one in his hands at that moment as the only thing on his agenda. It's one thing to see someone perform as a master event planner. It's an entirely different (and extremely rare) thing to see them execute every step as planned down to the smallest of detail. I apologize for the lengthy review. So if you're looking for one word to describe our wedding and reception and all of the planning and execution that went into it, here it is: MAGICAL. Thank you Mark and Meg. You were the difference.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We hosted a wedding after-party at Churchills and a wonderful experience, start to finish. Mark was timely and gracious with all communications, the service was wonderful, and the space absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

10 Downing is a hidden gem downtown and a lovely spot to have a reception for your wedding, or any type of party really! We came across this location while checking out spots downtown, all of which were too big for our small wedding. We were already patrons of Churchill’s and when we realized they had a reception area upstairs we jumped at the chance to check it out. We truly loved how self-contained the space was; the private bar, kitchen and facilities meant our guests didn’t have to leave and cut through the restaurant. In the days leading up to the wedding there was a chance weather would affect our outside ceremony. It was such a relief knowing that we could have the ceremony at 10 Downing should Mother Nature not cooperate (which she did thank goodness!)
From the very first email with Mark I was immensely impressed and knew we had picked the perfect place for the reception. Through the whole process he was extremely patient as we emailed, called and sometimes just dropped by to ask questions or clarify items. He would meet with us before the restaurant opened and even allowed us to get in the night before to set everything up and come back the next day to pick everything up because of inclement weather the night before. Working with Mark was a blessing as he was just as organized as I was which made follow ups very smooth.
The food was absolutely outstanding! We didn’t do one of the dinners or buffet but opted to do dozens of different appetizers. This let our guests try all sorts of things like baked brie, five spice dumplings, and while keeping the chatting and party atmosphere going. Also being able to pick the bar selections helped us save a little bit of money while still having an open bar. The waitstaff seemed very nice and as soon as we walked into the reception one of the bartenders came right over to get us drinks which was fantastic!
We truly loved how perfect the size of the space was for our event and all the details as well!!

Profile Picture Tyler , 5/28/16, 15 Reviews