10 Downing at Churchill's Reviews

10 Downing at Churchill's 6
10 Downing at Churchill's 7
  • W

Whitley Wilkinson · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Literally nothing is better for a wedding!

I don’t even know where to begin in telling you how wonderful 10 Downing has been so far. The manager, Mark, is a breath of fresh air and makes the entire process unbelievably fun. As for the venue, if you didn’t want to fuss with decor, look no further, the venue is beyond stunning from the roof top to the wine cellar in the basement. Tons of detail everywhere you look, tons of natural light upstairs and beautifully decorated as is. The space is perfect for an intimate wedding with elegance to spare. From the beautifully crafted bars to the gorgeous artwork everywhere you look is stunning and captivating. And then there is the food/drinks. I have been to Churchill’s many times and will say the food has never disappointed. The wedding menu has an incredibly wide selection to appease any taste! The drinks are efficient, unique and TASTY! If you want a signature cocktail this is your place!!! I can’t imagine doing the wedding process any differently than we have. I’m absolutely thrilled with 10 Downing and Mark!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Tanya

Tanya Bourne · Married on 07/20/2019

We loved this place!

I can’t say enough good things about the staff and the venue. Planning an out of town wedding has challenges but Mark was knowledgeable and accommodating and helped us work through all of the details that we wouldn’t have even know to ask about. Every step of the way the staff was warm and professional and just a pleasure to work with. The venue itself was elegant without being stuffy and very few decorations were needed, again, perfect when you’re from out of town. The food was wonderful and they graciously provided meals for those with special diet needs. All the way around it was a great experience, nothing negative to note!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Tia

Tia · Married on 04/28/2019

Marvelous and Magical

My husband and I had our Wedding at 10 Downing this past weekend and it was simply amazing. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable! We will return here for years to come to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you 10 Downing for a wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    10 Downing at Churchill's 8

Melissa · Married on 01/12/2019

Worth every penny

Look no further for the perfect smaller venue, because this was perfect. The space is beautiful and the staff is extremely accommodating. I worked with the manager, Mark, over the course of 9 months, and he helped me pull together a better wedding than I could have imagined. Words cannot express how thankful I am for the staff at 10 Downing. Mark never tired of my questions and gave me guidance when needed based on his experience. He worked with my planner to ensure everything went smoothly and every detail was in place. He even made me laugh on the day of the wedding as I was nervously waiting to walk down the aisle. I was a nervous wreck, but I was in very good hands. The staff for the wedding was amazing. They were all kind, courteous, and accommodating. One staff member in particular checked on me throughout the evening to ensure I was eating enough as I was still very nervous and excited. As a whole, I had a wonderful experience working with Mark and his staff. They made the evening of my dreams :)

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 01/05/2019

no wedding without Mark and 10 Downing

As seems to be the trend, we cannot say enough good things about the venue and about Mark.

We had a somewhat complicated engagement including planning initially from Florida and then moving across the country about six months before the wedding so I could begin PhD training. We also wanted a relatively small wedding that would be fun and memorable without going into debt.

10 Downing was definitely an amazing value. It was so much less expensive than everywhere else we had looked in Savannah and, as long-time patrons of Churchill’s, we knew the food would be great (one of our main priorities!). Unlike with many other venues and caterers, as a vegetarian bride I felt like more than an afterthought when it came to food. Most other places didn’t have any examples of vegetarian entrees and had very limited suggestions when it came to custom menus. Mark, a fellow vegetarian, helped me to craft the perfect menu that included both veggie and non-veggie options for our guests. I loved the flexibility of the food options and we had an out of this world tasting before we moved that was well worth the cost.

Mark was extremely helpful all along the way. He would promptly respond to all of my detailed questions via email and really helped us sort out all of the details of the big day. I never grew up dreaming of my perfect wedding and didn’t know where to start when it came to most things. I do not think it would be too much to say that I wouldn’t have even had a wedding if we hadn’t met Mark and found this venue.

The venue is beautiful and classy and there is so much flexibility in almost everything that it was possible to plan a perfect wedding that truly reflected my husband and my personalities. It was such a fun wedding and our friends and family can’t stop talking about it. Definitely worth the headache of planning.

Also, you should get the whipped feta and grilled ciabatta as part of your menu. It is unreal.

Sent on 01/20/2019
    10 Downing at Churchill's 9

Liz · Married on 12/22/2018

Excellent venue

We had a small wedding of 25 people and the venue was quite intimate. Food was excellent and the service always attentive. Best place for an indoor wedding ceremony and reception. Cocktails were in Winston’s Wine Cellar and we could even go outside on the rooftop patio.

Sent on 12/30/2018
    10 Downing at Churchill's 15
    10 Downing at Churchill's 16

Lauren Meyers · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolute Perfection

My husband and I chose 10 Downing as our ceremony and reception venue for our November 17th wedding. We wanted a smaller and more intimate wedding, and the moment we met Mark and saw 10 Downing in person, we knew this was the place for us. Mark and Meg Royston have wedding planning down to a science. Mark was able to help my husband and me plan the wedding to the smallest detail via email, as my husband and I live in Florida and not Savannah. Not only was he extremely quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I had, he was also extremely thorough with wedding planning questions and thought of every little detail to make sure he was prepared to make our wedding day perfect. I was a bit nervous planning my wedding while living in another state, but with Mark's help I had no concerns whatsoever when the wedding day arrived. Mark and Meg were there every step of the way, from rehearsal and food preparation to making sure that the decorations were exactly how we wanted them for the dinner. I cannot imagine trying to plan my wedding without their help, and I can honestly say that my wedding was even better than I had ever imagined. It was absolute perfection, and I cannot thank Mark, Meg, and 10 Downing enough for our wonderful day. I would absolutely recommend 10 Downing to anyone who asked!!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Jason

Jason Morgan · Married on 10/19/2018

Phenomenal

My wife and I got married here last week and we could not be happier. Mark and his team are by far the best thing that could’ve happened to this wedding. Mark was so professional and helpful, we could not have done it without him. My wife and I joke how most weddings are plagued with issues and we experienced none of that. Mark is so thorough that he approached us with questions that we didn’t even realize we needed to ask. The venue is gorgeous and very affordable but I’d pay three times as much just for Mark’s help. If you’re on the fence I hope that reviews like this can help you make the decision to enjoy this venue as much as we did and to have the pleasure of working with Mark for your special day.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • ambergray23

Amber · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Decision We Made

Choosing 10 Downing as our wedding venue was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding! When we got engaged we knew we wanted to get married in Savannah, since it's a very special place to our story. Churchill's was one of the first places we ate together on our first trip to Savannah so it made sense to check out. Once I started planning with Mark, it became clear it was the perfect choice. Mark and I had a great time planning the wedding and working out the details together. He was super responsive and offered advice that was truly appreciated. From the initial contact through the big day (and even the next day when we forgot something and had to go back for it) he was the best to work with! I dare say we even formed a friendship over our shared interest in sarcastic humor and strong coffee! While working with Mark and his team was a dream come true, the venue itself was perfect. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was incredible, and the set up was awesome. We had the best night of our lives there!

Sent on 03/21/2019
    10 Downing at Churchill's 28
    10 Downing at Churchill's 29

Kristin · Married on 10/12/2018

The perfect place

The venue is gorgeous and was perfect for our ceremony and reception. The owners are so easy to work with and made the whole process as simple as possible, which helped reduce the stress of the big day. We wanted to keep costs as low as possible while still having our perfect day. Holding the ceremony and reception here made that a possibility. We chose to do a seated dinner (app/salad/entree/dessert) and the food we chose was delicious! We're still getting compliments from our guests about it and I am positive that no guest left hungry. They were also more than happy to box our meals and allow us to pick them up the next day when we picked up the remaining decor.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Gabrielle T Dietiker · Married on 10/10/2018

Perfect!!!!

Reading all the great reviews helped me make the best decision I made during my wedding planning process. Mark answered all my emails within hours! If he was out of the office one of his knowledgeable staff members answered them for him. The venue space was beautiful for both the ceremony and reception. Everyone there went above and beyond to make me and my guests happy. The professionalism of Mark and his staff was five stars!!! Mark even came in on his day off to open the doors for us to rehearse. He ended up running the whole thing because none of us knew what we were doing. He also found the perfect Pandora station for me for reception music! Everyone raved about the food and service! I will be recommending Churchill’s to any of my friends thinking about a destination wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2018
    10 Downing at Churchill's 30
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 09/22/2018

10 Downing + rad + awesome = PERFECTION!

WOW! Where do I begin?! From Day One, Mark has taken such good care of Jeff & I. We got married on Sept 22nd, 2018 but we were spending time with Mark much before that!

Unlike most couples, Jeff & I are HUGE foodies! Nothing like some delicious, high quality ingredients and Mark shared that passion with us. So began our adventures exploring everything 10 Downing at Churchill's had to offer. We met for multiple tastings and with each tasting - we fell more in love with this venue, the food and our Host, Mark!

Each time we met with him, he allowed us the freedom to explore our ideas on the food, setup, service and decor. He invested time assisting and guiding us towards the kind of wedding we envisioned. He helped us to stay on track and did an incredibly awesome job making it easy with little to no stress.

Honestly, I could easily write a novel on how wonderful Mark was, the same goes for his lovely wife, Meg, AND their staff at 10 Downing!

OKAY, let me just put it to you, all, this way....if you want proactive planning & an incredibly smooth, unforgettable wedding day - there is no other option....10 Downing & ELEGANT SAVANNAH WEDDINGS is the way to go!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU 10 Downing & ESW!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    10 Downing at Churchill's 31
    10 Downing at Churchill's 32
    10 Downing at Churchill's 33
    10 Downing at Churchill's 34
    10 Downing at Churchill's 35

Kirsten · Married on 09/01/2018

I can't overstate how happy we were that we chose this venue for our wedding. It was, strangely enough, the first place we looked (but not the only one), and it turned out to be even better than we expected. Mark was fantastic through EVERY step of the process; he took the time to answer every single question promptly and went so far above and beyond to make sure our event was a success. The entire staff was amazing as well; everyone was top notch during the entire reception - constantly taking care of needs before they were articulated. We had such a fabulous evening - we were sad to see it end!! - and our guests raved about the venue and the incredible food! So happy to have gotten married here. It was the easiest decision we made (and the best one!)

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party

This review is long overdue. My husband and I hosted our wedding in Savannah and it was important to us to host a Welcome Party since so many guests were traveling from out of town. 10 Downing was the perfect venue for it! I can honestly working with Mark and his team was enjoyable and stress free. He is a professional and expert in all things hosting! The food, an open bar switching to cash bar at 10pm, the music, decor, everything was seamless. Thank you Mark for being the best vendor in Savannah! I hope to host another even here again.

Sent on 04/13/2019
    10 Downing at Churchill's 36

Misty · Married on 06/16/2018

10 downing provided our dream wedding venue. The food is amazing and the staff went above and beyond. Mark the venue manager and his lovely wife Meg were our day of coordinators and they are AMAZING! They put up with my bride craziness, are incredibly prompt in answering every question I asked (I had a lot of them), made all of our wedding decor ideas come to life, and made our wedding everything we wanted and more. Everything ran like a well oiled machine thanks to Meg and Mark Royston. I had no worries on the wedding day! If I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Bethany · Married on 05/27/2018

Everything was great!! Mark is amazing! He made my wedding day as least stressful as possible. We had originally planned on only have the ceremony at 10 Downing, but when the rain didn't go away, we did the ceremony and reception there and it was beautiful. We had about 80 guests and used the rooftop terrace. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

I don’t even know where to start! Mark and team (especially Alyssa) went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!! I ended up having to dismiss my coordinator a week before my wedding due to complete unprofessionalism... not something any bride wants to do a week before their wedding!! I explained my situation to Mark and he immediately jumped in to help!! He hooked me up with Alyssa Bishop who swooped in and with only a week to go took on all the task of coordinating my wedding day!! I literally don’t know what I would have done without those two!! Churchill’s was the perfect location for our reception! The food was perfect, the venue was gorgeous and we didn’t have to worry about a thing! If I could give them more than 5 stars I would!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Chloe · Married on 04/14/2018

If you are looking for the perfect venue for your Savannah wedding, look no further! 10 Downing was the absolute perfect location for our destination wedding reception. The communication and service provided to us by Mark and the rest of the staff was outstanding! With a larger wedding party we were able to enjoy both the indoor and outdoor space and Mark assisted us in seamlessly ushering guests between spaces. The décor is stunning and leaves little need for flowers or extra decorations. The food... exceptional! Several guests told me this was the best "wedding food" they had ever had. It was conveniently located close to several hotels and in walking distance of other bars, etc. Everything was reasonably priced and worth every penny. I would do it over again 100 times if I could! (Sorry to share so many photos... I remember wanting to see more when I was planning the wedding from Kentucky!)

Sent on 06/20/2018
    10 Downing at Churchill's 43
    10 Downing at Churchill's 44

Christen Lawhorn · Married on 03/31/2018

Amazing Experience

My husband (Chris) and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary this weekend, and I am overwhelmed with fond thoughts of working with 10 Downing and it's amazing staff. 10 Downing was the perfect location to host our wedding reception and rehearsal dinner. On top of being a cozy, charming venue, the food was amazing (the fried green tomatoes topped with pimento cheese are a must). The wine cellar worked great for our rehearsal dinner, and the roof top bar was perfect for dancing the night away under the stars after dinner. Even better, the prices were reasonable, which is hard to find in beautiful Savannah.

Without a doubt, the best part of working with 10 Downing was Mark Royston and his wife Meg! They offer an add-on wedding planning service that you won't regret taking. 100% worth the price! Admittedly, I was an indecisive/last minute bride struggling with the wedding planning process. Then swoops in Mark and Meg. They took the stress out of wedding planning. They recommended and managed outside vendors, consulted on food pairings, provided advice on decor themes and brought our decor vision to life (even offering some of thier own decor to help complete our vision). They also led our wedding rehearsal and managed our wedding day setup and timelime perfectly, even though we chose to have our ceremony in Forsyth Park. On top of all of this, they let us ship some of our reception equipment directly to thier home, made our parents super comfortable, made sure Chris and I took time to eat amongst the wedding day craziness, and even kept an eye on some of our rowdier guests :). Truly above and beyond!

In sum, I highly recommend 10 Downing to anyone looking for a venue in Savannah, GA, and I highly recommend Mark and Meg's wedding planning services. I am forever grateful for our stress free wedding day that went smoothly and according to plan.

-Christen Lawhorn

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 03/24/2018

10 Downing honestly made all of my wedding dreams come true - ACTUALLY Mark and Meg (the wedding coordinators) made my wedding dreams come true! They honestly made the wedding planning process seamless, enjoyable, and so easy. I planned my wedding from Minnesota and am so lucky to have had them on my team. Mark responded to my lengthy emails within hours and was so thorough and complete. They made a fabulous day of timeline and contact list that was so helpful.

10 Downing is the most beautiful venue. We had our ceremony and reception here - we had 65 people and it was the perfect size. I'd highly recommend reserving the rooftop bar as well - the guests really loved having an outside option and it was perfect for cocktail hour.

Honestly every single one of my guests said that this was the best meal they had in Savannah and the best wedding food they'd ever had. We went with the family style option of shrimp and grits paired with NY Strip and both were just phenomenal. Everyone says that something will go wrong on your wedding day, but that did not happen for me thanks to Mark and Meg. If something did go awry, it was taken care of before even noticed/not noticed at all. Highly highly HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Rosie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had a wonderful experience with 10 Downing. Mark and his team were responsive throughout the process. The food was amazing and very affordable. We also rented the rooftop and could not have enjoyed it more. Beautiful, functional space.

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • Bree

Bree · Married on 10/28/2017

My review is actually for Churchill's Winston Wine Cellar; another terrific venue space available that is actually downstairs from the restaurant's street level entrance. This venue was perfect for our 40 guests for our 'Wedding Eve Bash.' Mark, the manager, was more than accommodating, professional, and helpful in helping us build our menu and plan our dream evening out. The food set the bar quite high for the weekend and actually was the best dinner we experienced! You were allowed to bring in your own decor and choose your own bar plan as well which was really great in making the evening just the way we wanted it. Thank you Mark and your very friendly staff for a terrific dinner and excellent evening! I highly recommend this venue for its unique historic atmosphere and for the grand dining experience.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Krystin · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Churchill's on October 21, 2017. After becoming engaged in June, I began to reach out to various venues in Savannah to see if there was anything available in October. Alyssa from Churchill's responded immediately, and was on the phone with my mom that evening. After being introduced to Alyssa, we were introduced to Mark, the General Manager. Both were an absolute dream to work with. Their responses were quick, thoughtful, and always thorough - the thorough part being the most important to me. My now-husband and I never had a chance to actually visit the venue space prior to the wedding, so we put all of our trust in Mark and his team, and his e-mail responses never caused me to doubt our choice. We had around 60 guests in total, and utilized the ceremony room for both the ceremony and dinner. We elected to use the rooftop for the cocktail hour as well as the reception. The space itself is just beautiful - wood floors, big windows, bulb lights over the rooftop. Everything ran smoothly and was taken care of. When the straps broke on both of the shoes my sister-in-law was wearing, Mark pulled out an emergency bag and found a hot glue gun so we could fix them. When he heard my parents really loved the brussels sprouts they'd had at Churchill's the previous evening, he made sure there were some on their plates during the reception. And through the entire four month planning process and evening of the wedding, Mark infused an enormous amount of humor into the experience. I am ridiculously glad we chose Churchill's. I will be recommending them to absolutely everyone who suggests they are interested in getting married in Savannah. They are, hands down, the best deal you will find there.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    10 Downing at Churchill's 45
    10 Downing at Churchill's 46

Jaclyn · Married on 10/20/2017

We would absolutely recommend 10 Downing at Churchill's. The space itself is beautiful in its simplicity, and can really take on any "look" or "theme" you might be going for. It was a perfect size for our party of 26, thought it could certainly accommodate more guests. Everyone raved about the food, and nobody left hungry because there was so much of it! Importantly, to echo so many other reviews, Mark was incredible to work with! We live in Florida and were only able to travel to Savannah a few times before our actual wedding, but I had zero stress about our venue and whether everything was going to come together because Mark is 100% invested in every event he holds. He always responded back to my numerous emails super quickly, and he even accommodated some special requests for us and let us decorate early the day before. The servers and bartenders were all wonderful, and we feel so lucky to have worked with such great people. Thank you, Mark and the staff at 10 Downing, for helping to make our day so special!

Sent on 11/07/2017