10 Downing at Churchill's Reviews

89 10 Downing at Churchill's Reviews
  • Jason

Jason Morgan · Married on 10/19/2018

Phenomenal

My wife and I got married here last week and we could not be happier. Mark and his team are by far the best thing that could’ve happened to this wedding. Mark was so professional and helpful, we could not have done it without him. My wife and I joke how most weddings are plagued with issues and we experienced none of that. Mark is so thorough that he approached us with questions that we didn’t even realize we needed to ask. The venue is gorgeous and very affordable but I’d pay three times as much just for Mark’s help. If you’re on the fence I hope that reviews like this can help you make the decision to enjoy this venue as much as we did and to have the pleasure of working with Mark for your special day.

Kristin · Married on 10/12/2018

The perfect place

The venue is gorgeous and was perfect for our ceremony and reception. The owners are so easy to work with and made the whole process as simple as possible, which helped reduce the stress of the big day. We wanted to keep costs as low as possible while still having our perfect day. Holding the ceremony and reception here made that a possibility. We chose to do a seated dinner (app/salad/entree/dessert) and the food we chose was delicious! We're still getting compliments from our guests about it and I am positive that no guest left hungry. They were also more than happy to box our meals and allow us to pick them up the next day when we picked up the remaining decor.

Gabrielle T Dietiker · Married on 10/10/2018

Perfect!!!!

Reading all the great reviews helped me make the best decision I made during my wedding planning process. Mark answered all my emails within hours! If he was out of the office one of his knowledgeable staff members answered them for him. The venue space was beautiful for both the ceremony and reception. Everyone there went above and beyond to make me and my guests happy. The professionalism of Mark and his staff was five stars!!! Mark even came in on his day off to open the doors for us to rehearse. He ended up running the whole thing because none of us knew what we were doing. He also found the perfect Pandora station for me for reception music! Everyone raved about the food and service! I will be recommending Churchill’s to any of my friends thinking about a destination wedding.

10 Downing at Churchill's 1

Kirsten · Married on 09/01/2018

I can't overstate how happy we were that we chose this venue for our wedding. It was, strangely enough, the first place we looked (but not the only one), and it turned out to be even better than we expected. Mark was fantastic through EVERY step of the process; he took the time to answer every single question promptly and went so far above and beyond to make sure our event was a success. The entire staff was amazing as well; everyone was top notch during the entire reception - constantly taking care of needs before they were articulated. We had such a fabulous evening - we were sad to see it end!! - and our guests raved about the venue and the incredible food! So happy to have gotten married here. It was the easiest decision we made (and the best one!)

Misty · Married on 06/16/2018

10 downing provided our dream wedding venue. The food is amazing and the staff went above and beyond. Mark the venue manager and his lovely wife Meg were our day of coordinators and they are AMAZING! They put up with my bride craziness, are incredibly prompt in answering every question I asked (I had a lot of them), made all of our wedding decor ideas come to life, and made our wedding everything we wanted and more. Everything ran like a well oiled machine thanks to Meg and Mark Royston. I had no worries on the wedding day! If I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Bethany · Married on 05/27/2018

Everything was great!! Mark is amazing! He made my wedding day as least stressful as possible. We had originally planned on only have the ceremony at 10 Downing, but when the rain didn't go away, we did the ceremony and reception there and it was beautiful. We had about 80 guests and used the rooftop terrace. Everyone had a great time!

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

I don’t even know where to start! Mark and team (especially Alyssa) went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!! I ended up having to dismiss my coordinator a week before my wedding due to complete unprofessionalism... not something any bride wants to do a week before their wedding!! I explained my situation to Mark and he immediately jumped in to help!! He hooked me up with Alyssa Bishop who swooped in and with only a week to go took on all the task of coordinating my wedding day!! I literally don’t know what I would have done without those two!! Churchill’s was the perfect location for our reception! The food was perfect, the venue was gorgeous and we didn’t have to worry about a thing! If I could give them more than 5 stars I would!!

Chloe · Married on 04/14/2018

If you are looking for the perfect venue for your Savannah wedding, look no further! 10 Downing was the absolute perfect location for our destination wedding reception. The communication and service provided to us by Mark and the rest of the staff was outstanding! With a larger wedding party we were able to enjoy both the indoor and outdoor space and Mark assisted us in seamlessly ushering guests between spaces. The décor is stunning and leaves little need for flowers or extra decorations. The food... exceptional! Several guests told me this was the best "wedding food" they had ever had. It was conveniently located close to several hotels and in walking distance of other bars, etc. Everything was reasonably priced and worth every penny. I would do it over again 100 times if I could! (Sorry to share so many photos... I remember wanting to see more when I was planning the wedding from Kentucky!)

10 Downing at Churchill's 2
    10 Downing at Churchill's 8
    10 Downing at Churchill's 9
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 03/24/2018

10 Downing honestly made all of my wedding dreams come true - ACTUALLY Mark and Meg (the wedding coordinators) made my wedding dreams come true! They honestly made the wedding planning process seamless, enjoyable, and so easy. I planned my wedding from Minnesota and am so lucky to have had them on my team. Mark responded to my lengthy emails within hours and was so thorough and complete. They made a fabulous day of timeline and contact list that was so helpful.

10 Downing is the most beautiful venue. We had our ceremony and reception here - we had 65 people and it was the perfect size. I'd highly recommend reserving the rooftop bar as well - the guests really loved having an outside option and it was perfect for cocktail hour.

Honestly every single one of my guests said that this was the best meal they had in Savannah and the best wedding food they'd ever had. We went with the family style option of shrimp and grits paired with NY Strip and both were just phenomenal. Everyone says that something will go wrong on your wedding day, but that did not happen for me thanks to Mark and Meg. If something did go awry, it was taken care of before even noticed/not noticed at all. Highly highly HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

Rosie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had a wonderful experience with 10 Downing. Mark and his team were responsive throughout the process. The food was amazing and very affordable. We also rented the rooftop and could not have enjoyed it more. Beautiful, functional space.

• Bree

Bree · Married on 10/28/2017

My review is actually for Churchill's Winston Wine Cellar; another terrific venue space available that is actually downstairs from the restaurant's street level entrance. This venue was perfect for our 40 guests for our 'Wedding Eve Bash.' Mark, the manager, was more than accommodating, professional, and helpful in helping us build our menu and plan our dream evening out. The food set the bar quite high for the weekend and actually was the best dinner we experienced! You were allowed to bring in your own decor and choose your own bar plan as well which was really great in making the evening just the way we wanted it. Thank you Mark and your very friendly staff for a terrific dinner and excellent evening! I highly recommend this venue for its unique historic atmosphere and for the grand dining experience.

Krystin · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Churchill's on October 21, 2017. After becoming engaged in June, I began to reach out to various venues in Savannah to see if there was anything available in October. Alyssa from Churchill's responded immediately, and was on the phone with my mom that evening. After being introduced to Alyssa, we were introduced to Mark, the General Manager. Both were an absolute dream to work with. Their responses were quick, thoughtful, and always thorough - the thorough part being the most important to me. My now-husband and I never had a chance to actually visit the venue space prior to the wedding, so we put all of our trust in Mark and his team, and his e-mail responses never caused me to doubt our choice. We had around 60 guests in total, and utilized the ceremony room for both the ceremony and dinner. We elected to use the rooftop for the cocktail hour as well as the reception. The space itself is just beautiful - wood floors, big windows, bulb lights over the rooftop. Everything ran smoothly and was taken care of. When the straps broke on both of the shoes my sister-in-law was wearing, Mark pulled out an emergency bag and found a hot glue gun so we could fix them. When he heard my parents really loved the brussels sprouts they'd had at Churchill's the previous evening, he made sure there were some on their plates during the reception. And through the entire four month planning process and evening of the wedding, Mark infused an enormous amount of humor into the experience. I am ridiculously glad we chose Churchill's. I will be recommending them to absolutely everyone who suggests they are interested in getting married in Savannah. They are, hands down, the best deal you will find there.

10 Downing at Churchill's 10
    10 Downing at Churchill's 11

Jaclyn · Married on 10/20/2017

We would absolutely recommend 10 Downing at Churchill's. The space itself is beautiful in its simplicity, and can really take on any "look" or "theme" you might be going for. It was a perfect size for our party of 26, thought it could certainly accommodate more guests. Everyone raved about the food, and nobody left hungry because there was so much of it! Importantly, to echo so many other reviews, Mark was incredible to work with! We live in Florida and were only able to travel to Savannah a few times before our actual wedding, but I had zero stress about our venue and whether everything was going to come together because Mark is 100% invested in every event he holds. He always responded back to my numerous emails super quickly, and he even accommodated some special requests for us and let us decorate early the day before. The servers and bartenders were all wonderful, and we feel so lucky to have worked with such great people. Thank you, Mark and the staff at 10 Downing, for helping to make our day so special!

Jenny · Married on 10/07/2017

Our wedding at 10 downing was absolutely perfect! I cannot say enough good things about Mark and his wife. They ensured that our wedding day was amazing! Mark was very responsive to all of my messages and answered all of my questions. As another reviewer said, if anything went awry, we were not aware of it. You can tell that they love what they do because they truly want to make this day perfect for you! We forgot to order our large sheet cake before we got there and didn’t know who was going to pick it up. Mark offered to do it for us so we wouldn’t have to stress. He made sure to fill in any gaps that we had in our plan! One piece of advice, hire them to do both the ceremony and reception! We got married in a garden and did not do this and had a few hiccups. I promise you that it is worth the cost! Wedding planning is super stressful and Mark does an incredible job of taking that stress away for you. He is so patient, understanding, and will work with you to make sure your vision of the day comes to life! Everyone had so much fun at our wedding and it could not have gone any better!

10 Downing at Churchill's 12

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2017

Seven months later, we still have people telling us how much they loved our wedding! We rented the ballroom and the patio for our big day, while having our ceremony in a nearby park. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Mark & Meg to coordinate your wedding. They handled everything wonderfully on our wedding day, from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, all through the reception. We didn't have to stress about dragging in friends or family to help us decorate, and got to spend the day relaxing and enjoying ourselves! If you are able to, we really enjoyed doing the food tasting ahead of time as well, where we tried samples of some different menu items before making our final meal selections. Speaking of food - it was outstanding! I'm still dreaming of the fried green tomatoes... Looking forward to drinks at Churchill's on our anniversary!

10 Downing at Churchill's 13

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

I could not have asked for a more perfect place to host our wedding! The venue is beautiful. We held the ceremony and reception in 10 Downing and the cocktail hour in Winston's Wine Cellar. The staff is very well trained and go above and beyond to see to the guests needs. The food was to die for and our guests are still raving about it! Mark and team do an amazing job! We highly recommend you hire him for day of coordination as well.

10 Downing at Churchill's 14
    10 Downing at Churchill's 15

Keller · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and staff. I was living out of state while wedding planning and Mark, the venue coordinator, along with his fantastic team, were there to help me every step of the way. They were quick to respond to emails, flexible with menu and decor options, and eager to lend a helping hand as the big day approached. Often when making wedding related decisions, I would ask Mark for his advice and 99% of the time that is what we chose because he is truly an expert in his field and knows a ton of tricks to ensure that things go beautifully. The night of the wedding, my husband and I were really able to relax and enjoy being with our families knowing that the staff at churchill's had everything under control in terms of serving, cleaning, and flipping the room. We had a ton of compliments from our guests about the waiters, bartenders, and other staff members, as well as the timing of the reception overall. We did both our ceremony and reception in 10 Downing, the upstairs venue space. We also had a cocktail hour in the wine cellar basement while the staff flipped the upstairs room. We had about 75 guests which sat comfortably in the space and did the buffet style dinner which was incredible (guests raved about the food quality). We particularly loved the location of the venue and felt that it was a more than reasonable price to be in the heart of historic down town Savannah. Honestly, if you're having a Savannah wedding with less than 90 guests, this is the place to do it, hands down. You are in great hands with Mark and the event team at Churchill's!

Kristy · Married on 07/01/2017

My family used 10 Downing over the 4th of July weekend for a wedding reception. Mark was very helpful in setting up the hall and extremely flexible with last minute changes. He let us come in early to decorate so we weren't crunched for time the day of, although the space is beautiful in itself and didn't need much but centerpieces. The wait staff were very professional and friendly throughout the night. Chris is a very talented bartender who not only made wonderful drinks, but was able to suggest drinks to the guest. Food was delicious with a perfect elegant twist on traditional southern fare. I can not say enough about the wonderful staff this venue has. They made the reception go off perfectly just as we pictured. I don't know how much was spent in total at the venue, but the wedding was done of a VERY tight, and small budget.

Kelly · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding ceremony and reception at 10 Downing was amazing! Mark and his staff were truly phenomenal and we enjoyed every second of the process with them. All questions we had were answered extremely quickly and they were willing to do just about anything to help in our planning process. The food and drinks were delicious! We did a tasting a few months before our ceremony and LOVED every single dish. We had such a hard time narrowing it down to the few selections we needed for dinner. Seriously, if you're looking for an affordable yet beautiful venue right in the heart of Savannah, this is it!

Shae · Married on 04/21/2017

Mark was an absolute delight to work with and was always available with the most detailed communication. I was nervous that I would miss any detail, so he offered suggestions in everybstepnofntge planning process. He was wonderful!
    The venue was absolutely perfect and suited us wonderfully for both the ceremony and the reception in the same room, and the guests were able to enjoy the rooftop bar area while the room was prepared for the reception.
    I highly recommend having your wedding here and working with Mark!

Julianne · Married on 04/01/2017

I had my wedding ceremony and reception and 10 Downing earlier this year and I cannot praise enough the work Mark and his team does to make your wedding the most perfect day. They are very flexible and accommodating, not to mention they saw my vision and executed it flawlessly. I would recommend this venue to anyone. We had about 55ish guest and booked both the inside room and the outside rooftop bar for our exclusive use. The space is so intimate and lovely. They really helped make my dream wedding a reality. We also hired Mark to be our day of coordinator and it was so incredibly worth it! They did an absolutely phenomenal job ensuring the evening ran smoothly.

Laura · Married on 03/24/2017

Mark was a pleasure to work with. My rehearsal dinner was amazing. Food was great and everyone loved the space. Thank you!!!

• Rowan

Rowan · Married on 02/17/2017

It's going to be tricky to fully describe how amazing this place was in one review but I will try, we had our reception there Feb 17th. We do not live in Savannah but we made trips down to see the venue and such, I first went with my now husband and then I brought my parents later on to see it when we went down. They were so helpful and worked so I could see it twice (we were already booked with them when I brought my parents). My husband and I are vegan and finding a place that had vegan was so special to me, knowing that all the food at our wedding was food we could eat was incredible the chef is truly amazing. They communicated with us throughout the whole process and made sure they had every detail needed, even with some email problems I had with my email not going through. Set up was very smooth and they made sure we had everything we needed. Having the bar there was perfect and everything was handled perfectly, they really know what they are doing. Also, the room was perfect and beautiful I could not be happier. Mark and Alyssa you guys are rock stars and helped make our day so unforgettable, thank you.

Emily · Married on 12/31/2016

There are not enough good things I can say about Mark and the staff at 10 Downing. People are still talking about the food and the to-go boxes months after our wedding :) From beginning to end Mark makes you feel comfortable, answers all your questions, and helps you as much as he possibly can. I planned my Savannah wedding on NYE while living north of Atlanta. We ended up getting a tent and fire pits last minute and he made it all so easy. He even sent someone to my hotel to get my 2nd dress and shoes for that night. This is all not even to mention how simple and stunning the venue is and the unbelievable value. I couldn't find anyplace in Atlanta for a more affordable price and I was able to get married in Savannah which was so much better!
    You get the room, the rooftop and the wine cellar for happy hour which is separate and stunning!
    Mark is the most easy to work with person. I even used him for day of coordinating and it worked out perfectly. I knew exactly what I wanted and our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. They let us stay as late as we wished so we didn't have to rush out at anytime. We danced the night away.
    If there was a way to give over 100 I would!!!